Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 757 by cnet128 , Bleach 593 by cnet128 , Gintama 507 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: [Webtoon] Divine Bells by LEE Hye

MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [Webtoon] Divine Bells by LEE Hye

Quote Originally Posted by ukimix View Post
    Sure, the emperor from 150 years ago is going to take part in the story, if it's not that he is now pulling strings. But, what intrigues me it's if the present emperor is the very same past emperor, or if they are different guys. Ey Jammin, what do you think about it?
    I'm not sure. As much as I realize that's a cop out answer, I really don't know what to think about the 150 year old emperor's identity. I guess if I had to choose I'd say that they are the same guy just by the way he was presented but a plot twist there would not surprise me in the least.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    I'm not sure. As much as I realize that's a cop out answer, I really don't know what to think about the 150 year old emperor's identity. I guess if I had to choose I'd say that they are the same guy just by the way he was presented but a plot twist there would not surprise me in the least.
    Yes, everything is possible there.

Quote Originally Posted by shaheer View Post
    Btw Uki why dont you read Magician? its pretty cool its at present my fav webtoon after TOG i think you might like it
    I have read good comments (k-dom and Jammin, between them, and now you), and I have tried, but I don't like the art. Maybe I have to keep reading some chapters to see if I get some familiarity with it.

---------- Post added June 24, 2013 at 08:10 PM ---------- Previous post was June 21, 2013 at 07:43 PM ----------

New chapter: http://readonline.egscans.org/Divine...isplay=webtoon

---------- Post added July 02, 2013 at 12:25 PM ---------- Previous post was June 24, 2013 at 08:10 PM ----------

I didn't like that the bells hide secrets among them. Since all of them share the same origin, I was expecting a much stronger tie. But it seems their common origin is one of the few things they share. :-(

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shaheer's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

as of now the whole story is very confusing, cant really predict any thing. What are the bells destined for what is the emperor really planning what can the preist who sealed this bells do
    A LOT of question to be answered

Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

New chapter: http://egscans.org/divine-bells-32/

---------- Post added July 09, 2013 at 10:46 AM ---------- Previous post was July 08, 2013 at 09:34 PM ----------

Now, what do you think guys about archery? ... :-)

To me it looked impressive specially when he was able to cut the cheek on purpose.

It's nice to see political intrigue increases. That shows the manhwa is not only about blows and fights. And that also makes a better background for a character like Hong Ryun to shine... even only with bow and arrows, since I suppose he could be good throwing political arrows, couldn't he? :-)

---------- Post added at 10:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 AM ----------

Sure this panel show also determination in him:

Spoiler show

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

The manhwa author is sure interesting, very few people can do politics along with action and he is trying to make a shonen into a political type manhwa.... its pretty good.
    liked the boys aiming capability really did

Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

It's strange that Ha Bi had given something to somebody else. I was thinking she was hiding herself in solitude, but it seems it's not like that...

I think the story is getting slow in finding Ha-Bi. The pages with the brats running into the party and all they did to calm down Gang Hui seemed to me unnecessary.

---------- Post added August 06, 2013 at 10:23 AM ---------- Previous post was July 23, 2013 at 10:05 AM ----------

I'm not sure about what the author is doing here. Surely Princess No Woo was very very lucky in crossing King Hong Ryun's way to find Ha Bi. I would have prefer if the author would have increased drama level, for instance making No Woo fate not so happy.

Also even if No Woo cut some enemies, I would like to see the bells powers in wild action. After all the legend is that their power determine their nations destiny.

---------- Post added August 12, 2013 at 08:51 PM ---------- Previous post was August 06, 2013 at 10:23 AM ----------

http://readonline.egscans.org/Divine...isplay=webtoon

Nice chapter,

Spoiler show
    Last edited by ukimix; July 29, 2013 at 11:05 PM.

Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

I still dont get it why can that pipsqueak use his power at all.. the explanation given is silly
    Still no revelation of the origin/oriinal plan of this mysterious cult ... over all the chap was average hopefully more will be revealed soon

Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shaheer View Post
    I still dont get it why can that pipsqueak use his power at all.. the explanation given is silly
    Still no revelation of the origin/oriinal plan of this mysterious cult ... over all the chap was average hopefully more will be revealed soon
    But it's the only one we have. She doesn't remember how to do it. She is the youngest one or at least the smallest one. And her face shows confusion... I guess she will be able to use it in the right moment.

---------- Post added August 19, 2013 at 11:54 PM ---------- Previous post was August 13, 2013 at 09:07 PM ----------

Nice chapter. April seems to be a minion of the late Baek Yeom... that should be breathing somewhere, somehow...

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Monsterguy's Avatar
    Country
    Slovenia
    Post Thanks / Like

amazing series, I loved it so much !!!

I literally couldn't stop reading it untill I finished it all in one go (becouse of this thing I slept only 3 and a half hours today...)
    Spoiler: sample from originally colourful manhwa Tower of God show

It never ceases to amaze me:
    "How are authors of famous manhwa / manga,... able to create such amazing works???"

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Monsterguy View Post
    amazing series, I loved it so much !!!

I literally couldn't stop reading it untill I finished it all in one go (becouse of this thing I slept only 3 and a half hours today...)
    Note for when you have woke up: So nice that to read with a monster What are your impressions on this mahwa?

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Monsterguy's Avatar
    Country
    Slovenia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ukimix View Post
    Note for when you have woke up: So nice that to read with a monster What are your impressions on this mahwa?
    BTW, I can NOT sleep at day time if it's nice sunny weather outside, and I didn't want to go to sleep last night coz I was so fascionated by this comic...

Hmm, my impressions and why I love this series is because in my opinion:
    • the plot is really interesting why it's not 100% predictable,
    • the characters are made to look really beautiful,
    • this is a colorful comic that is so well designed that it even looks close to anime,
    • also the author especially impressed me with standings and relationships of boys and girls that appear in this manhwa, where neither noticably prevails in appearance, strength or things like that
      (what I tried to say was that one gendere does not stand out, while the other gendere would be totally in the shadows just for backup !!!),
    • and finally there are fragments of magic, comedy and action that all fit so well together in this story, incredible.

I got hooked up instantly with this comic, thnx for sharing your discovery with us ukimix...

Oh, but let me tell you what cought my interest so that I started reading this manhwa. It was the picture, you presented this series with, in the first post:

Spoiler show

you're a devil, first I was WTF than after I read the comic I realized she might really react like that, it really made me laugh why her character is quite unique...
    Last edited by Monsterguy; August 22, 2013 at 01:20 PM. Reason: spelling
    Spoiler: sample from originally colourful manhwa Tower of God show

It never ceases to amaze me:
    "How are authors of famous manhwa / manga,... able to create such amazing works???"

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Monsterguy View Post
    BTW, I can NOT sleep at day time if it's nice sunny weather outside, and I didn't want to go to sleep last night coz I was so fascionated by this comic...

Hmm, my impressions and why I love this series is because in my opinion:
    • the plot is really interesting why it's not 100% predictable,
    • the characters are made to look really beautiful,
    • this is a colorful comic that is so well designed that it even looks close to anime,
    • also the author especially impressed me with standings and relationships of boys and girls that appear in this manhwa, where neither noticably prevails in appearance, strength or things like that
      (what I tried to say was that one gendere does not stand out, while the other gendere would be totally in the shadows just for backup !!!),
    • and finally there are fragments of magic, comedy and action that all fit so well together in this story, incredible.

I got hooked up instantly with this comic, thnx for sharing your discovery with us ukimix...

Oh, but let me tell you what cought my interest so that I started reading this manhwa. It was the picture, you presented this series with, in the first post:

Spoiler show

you're a devil, first I was WTF than after I read the comic I realized she might really react like that, it really made me laugh why her character is quite unique...
    lol, out of context, that panel is creepy no doubt. Within the context is really funny and even cute. She's really nice, not to mention that we still ignore her true form.

I have the same impressions you have. Only thing I'm missing at the moment is a good figth in which we could see the beels using their real powers at high level. Specially Gang Hui, the main bell... Ga-bi should be also a really interesting character.

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

interesting chap the present one i liked the appearance of the twin, for a moment i thought th little guy unlocked his power . I suppose we will know more about this group now that they have seen the emblem... good cant wait to know more about the scenario

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity kidopitz27's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

i don't really know if this is possible but here's my theory on 150 years

they say that 150 years ago Ga-Bi sealed the 8 Divine Bells

before Gang-Hui was sealed he and Ga-Bi talked where would they meet what if that was 100 years ago ? he said when he met Hong-Ryong that he felt the same 100 years ago

150 years is where he sealed and erased the memory of the emperor and also sealed the 7 Divine Bells Yun said that Gang Hui was the last one to be sealed

Gang Hui and the Emperor said that if you have to much divine powers they can stop your aging and growing so maybe because Gang-Hui and Ga-Bi has special relationship that's why he was sealed last after the 7 bells (50 years after sealing the 7 bells and the emperor)

Gang-Hui said that Ga-Bi also seal herself what if she split herself into 2 entity one powerful that she sealed and the other is the normal one with a bit of power to live

Gang -Hui said that Ga-Bi could live after being sealed maybe as long as her other half (powerful) is still sealed the other half would still live but maybe something happened

what if Ga-Bi is Hong-ryung's mother? (i see some resemblance of her on the main character) what if when the late queen died and didn't give birth to a heir she showed up telling something to the king maybe a prophecy or something maybe after that the Queen died and now lies somewhere in Myung-Joo and there the clue where to find her is not really a color red camellia but normal colored one and it's on a graveyard/royal mausoleum (dead=blood=hypothetically blood camellias )

maybe that's why Gang-Hui said that after 100 years he felt the same maybe he felt like Ga-Bi like presence and not the one that he is saying that Hong-Ryong was the right king

that's my theory anyway :P

OMG TWO VILEPLUME

100% sure that Zoro already surpassed mihawk! 10/06/10

Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

But I don't understand why Ga-Bi would have split herself into 2 entities...

New Reply
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast