Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 761 by cnet128 , Bleach 597 (2)

View Poll Results: Rate this chapter! (Average rating: 7.1 / 10)

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • 10 (It's over 9000)

2 8.00%
  • 9 (top five BEST chapters)

1 4.00%
  • 8 (Epic)

11 44.00%
  • 7 (Good)

6 24.00%
  • 6 (Average)

2 8.00%
  • 5 (Below Average)

0 0%
  • 4 (Bad)

1 4.00%
  • 3 (Horrible)

0 0%
  • 2 (top five WORST chapters)

1 4.00%
  • 1 (Painful- words can't even describe it)

1 4.00%
New Reply
Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Claymore 139 Discussion

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BleachFan2010's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Claymore 139 Discussion/ 140 Predictions

^ Great Post GodEye. I agree on the Yuma/Cynthia bond being stronger, they're kinda like another Deneve and Helen XD

I also love most of the characters (hell I even thought Agatha was great lol) But If I had to pick my favs i would say: Cassandra, Cynthia, Yuma, Galatea and Europa

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Dark Night's Avatar
    Country
    Kenya
    Post Thanks / Like

Clinger, stalker, fangirl, invisible one Goddamit people, leave Britney Tabitha alone!!!

Seriously though, excellent post GEG. I had skimmed over the fact that Cynthia was suicidal. Why did she get on the Org's bad side again? Clare touches on that point, but I'm not sure I understood it. She was too kind? And for that matter, what on Earth did Yuma do to make the Org want to get rid of her?

Anyway, Wind Cutter Clare of the Precognitive Quick Sword Thanks GEG!
    Shiro 2

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Night View Post
    Why did she get on the Org's bad side again? Clare touches on that point, but I'm not sure I understood it. She was too kind? And for that matter, what on Earth did Yuma do to make the Org want to get rid of her?
    I think her personality could have been a reason. To me she seems to be a girl who goes with what she thinks is best for those around her, maybe she went around towns looking for Yoma even is she wasn't ordered too? And maybe that upset the Org because the Yoma weren't in some towns and that meant no orphans to be made into Claymore? It's kinda confusing lol

And with Yuma, she was revealed to be the second oldest out of the Ghosts. Didn't Rimuto say something about Warriors that live for a lengthy period of time begin to get dangerous thoughts, and they prefer it when the Warriors die young ? Now I'm not saying Yuma had dangerous thoughts lol. But because she had lived longer than the other Ghosts and was the lowest ranked out of them, she obviously wasn't getting any stronger in her time as a Warrior, so the Org probably wanted rid of her so that they could put more "docile" warriors into the Active Ranks. Poor Yuma

6. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member God Eye Galatea's Avatar
    Country
    Water Tribe
    Post Thanks / Like

Clinger, stalker, fangirl, invisible one Goddamit people, leave Britney Tabitha alone!!!
    Spoiler show

It's just that Tabitha's vibe has kind of this feel...
    Spoiler show

Okay, I'll leave her alone... for now. lol

Seriously though, excellent post GEG. I had skimmed over the fact that Cynthia was suicidal. Why did she get on the Org's bad side again? Clare touches on that point, but I'm not sure I understood it. She was too kind? And for that matter, what on Earth did Yuma do to make the Org want to get rid of her?
    Like BleachFan2010 said, Cynthia is too kind and was probably hunting and killing yomas that were not requested. So in a way, Cynthia was ruining the organization's business by providing free service since the organization gets large sum of money for the request and extermination per yoma which in turns the money is used to sustain their research. Again, BleachFan2010 covered it pretty well, Yuma is the second oldest of the ghosts. The organization probably wanted to get rid of her simply because she has lived too long and being too weak.

Anyway, Wind Cutter Clare of the Precognitive Quick Sword Thanks GEG!
    The updated version would be Windercutter Yoki Fielded Clare of the Precognitive Quicksword

@ BleachFan2010

I really like Cassandra too, to me, she is (was) a humble No.1 with combination of traits of Jean and Yuma. lol
    Last edited by God Eye Galatea; June 14, 2013 at 12:00 PM.

8. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by God Eye Galatea View Post
    @ BleachFan2010

I really like Cassandra too, to me, she is (was) a humble No.1 with combination of traits of Jean and Yuma. lol
    Definitely. Out of all the No.1, in my eyes, she's been the best :3 She had such a tragic story line and ever since she'd been revived she's had nothing but crap thrown at her. I hope she becomes a truning point in the current fights going on. And hopefully Yagi plays around with the whole Cynthia resemblance to her friend

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BleachFan2010 View Post
    I think her personality could have been a reason. To me she seems to be a girl who goes with what she thinks is best for those around her, maybe she went around towns looking for Yoma even is she wasn't ordered too? And maybe that upset the Org because the Yoma weren't in some towns and that meant no orphans to be made into Claymore? It's kinda confusing lol

And with Yuma, she was revealed to be the second oldest out of the Ghosts. Didn't Rimuto say something about Warriors that live for a lengthy period of time begin to get dangerous thoughts, and they prefer it when the Warriors die young ? Now I'm not saying Yuma had dangerous thoughts lol. But because she had lived longer than the other Ghosts and was the lowest ranked out of them, she obviously wasn't getting any stronger in her time as a Warrior, so the Org probably wanted rid of her so that they could put more "docile" warriors into the Active Ranks. Poor Yuma
    I feel you are missing something. This something has to do with results. the reason why ramuto and dae and the others prefer them die young is for results. the org is looking for a product line that brings results to the field of battle. meaning, if a product/claymore stays on the testing ground for to long... it becomes costly. costly in lives on the main land. since these products or claymore designs took to long to make it to the main land. then also looking at it from the business perspective, you want a quality product that has a expected shelf life. you would definitely as an employer put deadlines on your workers. thus the scientists or dae ramuto rubel types, would have to offer something to the boss every now and then to prove they are doing their jobs to their superiors. meaning this, when they needed a corpse of a claymore, they then found a reason or made one up to get the corpse they needed.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member number12michael's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kaidedshard View Post
    I feel you are missing something. This something has to do with results. the reason why ramuto and dae and the others prefer them die young is for results. the org is looking for a product line that brings results to the field of battle. meaning, if a product/claymore stays on the testing ground for to long... it becomes costly. costly in lives on the main land. since these products or claymore designs took to long to make it to the main land. then also looking at it from the business perspective, you want a quality product that has a expected shelf life. you would definitely as an employer put deadlines on your workers. thus the scientists or dae ramuto rubel types, would have to offer something to the boss every now and then to prove they are doing their jobs to their superiors. meaning this, when they needed a corpse of a claymore, they then found a reason or made one up to get the corpse they needed.
    And did dae not say something along the lines of "i think the truth is being clouded by words such as "purge" and "blackcard"- So as you said they want warriors who listen or are useful

look at Galatea she back talked and was down right traitorous in the way she talked to Rimuto, yet they HAD to let her live due to her usefulness(and there lack of a other eye) same when he failed to bring clare back.
    Another example would be Raph, who was allowed to essentially leave the Org as a whole(but was asked back when they needed man power....)-i am sure the reason they never went after her is due to her N1 strength level and fear of her awakening.

And for some reason i thought that the Org sent N3 Galatea and N5 Raph to the northern war to watch for warriors trying to flea(now was that said in a chapter , if so what one, or is that just something i thought i read lol)
    "Keep Eating Shit For The Rest Of Your Life " - 愛憎のロクサーヌ- Roxanne of Love and Hate

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brother Coa's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with most of you, who cannot love and like Cynthia, Uma and Tabitha?
    They didn't receive much spotlight but they are very popular, especially Cynthia.

I like all Ghosts in general, but the main reason why many of the people dislike the fabulous four now is because of plot armor they have gained in the last 30 chapters. I don't mind that if there is something more waiting for them later ( and let's be realistic, each of them have their own fans and not many would be thrilled if they died. Except Miria where many were enraged that she survived even if that was the turning point for Organisation ).

---------- Post added at 01:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:32 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by kaidedshard View Post
    This something has to do with results. the reason why ramuto and dae and the others prefer them die young is for results. the org is looking for a product line that brings results to the field of battle. meaning, if a product/claymore stays on the testing ground for to long... it becomes costly. costly in lives on the main land. since these products or claymore designs took to long to make it to the main land. then also looking at it from the business perspective, you want a quality product that has a expected shelf life. you would definitely as an employer put deadlines on your workers. thus the scientists or dae ramuto rubel types, would have to offer something to the boss every now and then to prove they are doing their jobs to their superiors. meaning this, when they needed a corpse of a claymore, they then found a reason or made one up to get the corpse they needed.
    The only quality they really want in controllable awakened, everything else is expendable to them - even numbers 3 - 9.
    The only worse thing than that is powerful Claymore that's rebellious in nature ( Miria, Galatea, Clare... ), like that Awakened said in "Slashers" arc - Claymores that got send to him are misinformed deliberately so that they could be killed. Or they face similar 'accident' on the way ( I can imagine that someone similar to Ophelia get tag along and that's basically it ).

On the other hand Mainland Claymores must be brainwashed to the extreme ( propaganda and all that ).
    "The universe has many horrors yet to throw at us. This is not the end of our struggle. This is just the beginning of our crusade to save Humanity. Be faithful! Be strong! Be vigilant!"

-Emperor of Mankind.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by number12michael View Post
    And for some reason i thought that the Org sent N3 Galatea and N5 Raph to the northern war to watch for warriors trying to flea(now was that said in a chapter , if so what one, or is that just something i thought i read lol)
    Galatea mentioned that in chapter 61. This is what she said "I see...The training of a more docile "eye". And under the pretext of area surveillance you will have that new eye observe the North. Nearby, there will be Number 5 Raphaela. What awaits those who abandon their "duty" of serving as a roadblock, is a blood purge under the name of "punishment for insubordination" Is that about right?"

I love how, when she was saying that, Galatea practically told the Org she wasn't gonna stick around considering she talked about the new eye.

I wonder if that Eye was Renee while she was in training? They probably told her they wanted to see how skilled she was at sensing her comrades Yoki. And if she couldn't sense any they'd know they were dead, and if she could: Enter Raphaela :O

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Nanozom's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Okay here is a question:
    How big are the odds that the remaining awakened ones can survive the battle?
    (the four that´s still alive that is...)
    And if we are going to ignore the fact that they might be doomed by story, let´s consider the odds.
    Let see the original list of contenders in the fight with Cassandra.

Octavia: Alive
    Europa: Bailed out.
    Chronos: Alive
    Lars: Alive
    Knight: Alive
    Birdie: Dead
    Venus: Dead
    Starla: Dead
    Donna: Dead
    Manny: Dead

(Names beyond canon are fan-nicknames)
    So out of the ones that´s still alive, which one could potentially survive or if that´s not a option, will be the one that dies last?

Any bets?

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

^ I think Octavia could survive the fight against Cassandra and die Against Priscilla. We've seen her split her body apart like Rifuls with her head when Priscilla first attacked her. She'll no doubt be able to do the same in her Awakened state, and maybe even attack while doing so. She also doesn't look like she has good regeneration either, her legs never fully regenerated after the were cut off, they merely grew back into a spiral version.

And I know Yagi likes to play around with the name meanings of his characters and Octavia means: The Eighth. And because of the I believe she'll be the eight to die, Europa wont make it out of Rabona and Lars or Mildred (thats what I named the Muscle Awakened lol) will die then Octavia.

With Chronos, he is the "god of time" there is a few ways Yagi could go to play around with this name. He could either outlive the rest of the Veterans and be the last standing, or he could be outlived by another of the Awakened, Lars Maybe ?

So I think they will die:

Europa

Muscle Awakened (Mildred XD)

Octavia

Chronos (or Lars here)

Lars (or Chronos here lol)

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member number12michael's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

It has always bugged me, why has he left 1 awakened alive but unnamed(unless she is going to die which would suck because she is my favorite )
    i would love to get a page with them all there names "nicknames" old rank and generation, maybe that will happen once the battle with cassy is over and the awakened beings join the Ghosts(miria may let them feed on the guts of the dead)

then again Mitia could destroy the city before that happens so who knows...think she will be strong enough that Prissy or RD will notice?
    i hope Dae and Rubel can see it (as Mitia looks like she is going to be really tall/fly)
    "Keep Eating Shit For The Rest Of Your Life " - 愛憎のロクサーヌ- Roxanne of Love and Hate

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brother Coa's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

8 more days until next chapter, can't wait to see how will Miata go against Europa. Even with everythign that others are thinking here I am sure they will be fine.

On the other note: I just had amazing Claymore dream.... I was reading chapter that are yet to come ( I suppose that because they are telling about what happened after this battle ) and what I was able to make out is that all AB including Cassandra were slain in the end with Priscilla and Riful Doll both disappearing the battlefield after battling for several days. The Ghosts discussed something and then lay down to sleep, around camp fire in the city of Rabona. When they woke up ( Clare at least ) they were in totally different city, much bigger than Rabona itself but just as empty. After looking around for a while the Ghosts meet mysterious male that looks like Claymore but yields thin french sword instead.
    That's when I woke up but what a scene.... if we get something like this I would be quite amazed.
    "The universe has many horrors yet to throw at us. This is not the end of our struggle. This is just the beginning of our crusade to save Humanity. Be faithful! Be strong! Be vigilant!"

-Emperor of Mankind.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Leroid's Avatar
    Country
    Serbia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Coa View Post
    On the other note: I just had amazing Claymore dream.... I was reading chapter that are yet to come...
    Heh heh. Same thing happened to me a couple of times but I never liked the chapters my dreams came up with. lol

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Coa View Post
    On the other note: I just had amazing Claymore dream.... I was reading chapter that are yet to come
    Haha that's awesome. I've done that before aswell, but mine was when the Three Resurrected ones were still running around XD

And one where Cassandra arrived at Rabona before Priscilla was released and turned it into Rubble :O

New Reply
Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast