Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Rate this chapter! (Average rating: 7.1 / 10)

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • 10 (It's over 9000)

2 8.00%
  • 9 (top five BEST chapters)

1 4.00%
  • 8 (Epic)

11 44.00%
  • 7 (Good)

6 24.00%
  • 6 (Average)

2 8.00%
  • 5 (Below Average)

0 0%
  • 4 (Bad)

1 4.00%
  • 3 (Horrible)

0 0%
  • 2 (top five WORST chapters)

1 4.00%
  • 1 (Painful- words can't even describe it)

1 4.00%
New Reply
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22

Thread: Claymore 139 Discussion

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member TheRussianMeatClob's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Claymore 139 Discussion/ 140 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Coa View Post
    As I said and I will stick to it - Claymore continent is prehistoric human community with medieval feel. They have no economy, no government, no real military, no country whatsoever.
    You can thank the organization and yoma for that. Who knows how the continent was before the organization set up shop and started rearranging the past to fit their needs. Now that the organization is dead the whole proverbial topography will change and yes there will be peace for a time but hey give it time people will find a reason to kill each other they always do after all their only human.

oh yeah and DEATH TO THE FALSE EMPEROR!!!

Quote Originally Posted by evil_kenshin View Post
    I disagree, Rabona is evidence of a theocratic government, and has a fair sized military ; while we have not been introduced to such, its possible there are other large scale castle cities.
    I agree with this to a degree in the past at least. After all Riful and Dauf never had problems finding ruins to lair up in.
    Last edited by TheRussianMeatClob; June 29, 2013 at 04:11 AM.
    ".........." Killy's opinion on most things.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

No! All these name drops but no sight of funky-haired claymore from Nina’s posse or claymore who did the narration. If they are around #17 and a bunch of 20s ranks are still open. I’m not sure if any really low-ranking claymores embarked on this field trip, maybe someone sassy that lacks skill but has the guts to defend the pride of the low-rankers.

I read somewhere that Red Wall/Cliff implies a defensive technique, makes sense. Abigail is supposed to be stealthy? Serve as the “mop-up crew” after a fierce battle? I dunno. Letitia should’ve done a better job removing those feeders’ heads! Oh good, #14 is here. Maybe she can challenge Yuma to a rematch, form a rivalry or something. It’d probably be one-sided though. Clarissa is cute and the one whose hair I recognized from earlier chapters right away. Noma’s the one whose hair I don’t like, she looks like Miria and Priscilla’s love child. See, Nina? Smiling isn’t so hard. Even you can be cute. You don’t have to be grumpy all the time, sheesh.

Europa seems to have the same skill as Riful, only exposing the yoki on the surface. Yup, it was necessary to use the nuclear option. Putting aside the feeders, which is a lengthy and complex operation anyway, only an abyssal can defeat another abyssal. For the scheme against Hysteria to be successful it required taking advantage of the damage output of other abyssals. For this plan to have merit nothing less than a claymore with the potential to reach #1 would suffice. The result is a mirror match, two claymores that lost their shot at promotion due to personality issues. If Europa figures out what’s going on there’s going to be a huge target drawn on Clarice. This chapter also gives me more assurance that before the series ends we’ll get to see Clare’s full awakened form, she’ll become a being that surpasses the abyssals.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Nanozom's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the Continent...(does it have a name or not?)
    once had a functioning government. before the Org...and the awakened ones entered the food chain. The castle ruins are proof of this. Rabona might be a part of this old kingdom. My guess the church will be the main ruling force on the continent...like the vatican...
    Here is food for thought.
    Can Claymores die from starvation? and if so, then how long do you think it would take?
    Last edited by Nanozom; June 29, 2013 at 05:40 AM.

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Tempest Phoenix's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, it was stated that they only need to eat once every 3 days or so, but could easily go a week without. I'm assuming that works the same way as how humans need to eat every few hours but could go the better part of a day without eating and feel fine. IIRC, it takes around 4 days for a human to die of lack of food and water intake and around a month of no food intake but water intake. If they can starve it'd probably take around 2 weeks with a lack of both and 3 months+ with just a lack of food. Then again, we're not actually able to starve to death without our stomach acids destroying our bodies first so it's hard to say when it would actually happen, especially for them. At the same time, it seems awakened beings can't starve to death since Priscilla apparently went years without eating and all that happened was that she shrunk, but it might not be the same for warriors.

Also, a random side note: Am I the only one that has trouble seeing warriors as being physically in their 30s? I mean, I know they most likely are at that or near that age (It said they mature then stop aging, but we don't know what they mean by that since mental maturity finishes after physical maturity) but I always think of them as being in the 19-22 sort of age group. It's probably the way Yagi draws them to have such youthful faces, though.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nanozom View Post
    Here is food for thought.
    Can Claymores die from starvation? and if so, then how long do you think it would take?
    A normal human as long as they have water can live for 2-3 months without any food before they start dying but it varies from person to person, so I could see Claymores been able to go 4-6 months without food but would have other factors like awakening too take into consideration.

Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Aridil View Post
    A normal human as long as they have water can live for 2-3 months without any food before they start dying but it varies from person to person, so I could see Claymores been able to go 4-6 months without food but would have other factors like awakening too take into consideration.
    Maybe their bodies will protest to the starvation by awakening? ensuring survival no matter what and the human mind in the Claymores would be too fatigued to fight it back.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brother Coa's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheRussianMeatClob View Post
    You can thank the organization and yoma for that. Who knows how the continent was before the organization set up shop and started rearranging the past to fit their needs. Now that the organization is dead the whole proverbial topography will change and yes there will be peace for a time but hey give it time people will find a reason to kill each other they always do after all their only human.
    This is very true, that is why you are wrong.
    For them to start civil war they need to have huge population that will kick social problems that will i nturn kick to political problems that will start war.
    But for hat to happen hundreds of years need to past, maybe even thousands.
    But these people also have strong religion that is unchallenged on the island. If you spread it and give it political power you will easily control all the population and solve all problems regarding wars and uprisings.
    You are right to some point but that time is waaayy ahead, many factors are involved but in the end I believe there will be no such things as wars ( after all, there is mainland and if mainland invade them that will only strengthen the spirit of claymore people ). In that regard I see their future as mainland Britain or Australia more than Europe.

Quote Quote:
    oh yeah and DEATH TO THE FALSE EMPEROR!!!
    Believe me heretic, you DO NOT want to go in that area.
    It will only hurt you

---------- Post added at 03:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:27 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nanozom View Post
    once had a functioning government. before the Org...and the awakened ones entered the food chain. The castle ruins are proof of this. Rabona might be a part of this old kingdom. My guess the church will be the main ruling force on the continent...like the vatican...
    Very good theory, but the yoma and awakends arrived only less than 100 years ago ( Miria via Rubel's information ).
    We would at least see remains of the old government in Rabona, once you establish one it would be replaced by another that would reorganize things. But here we don't have that.
    But it could be because Organization was involved in that ( quite possible because they in a way control awakeneds and yoma ), but than as I said we would hear stories from the Claymores or folks about past kingdom and there is none.
    Here's a theory: Mainland faction kidnapped people, gave them something to lose all their memories and then kicked them on the island to start society all over again. But denied them any chance in having one by using yoma and awakeneds, allowing them to made several strongholds that they destroyed and one giant city for population sake.
    "The universe has many horrors yet to throw at us. This is not the end of our struggle. This is just the beginning of our crusade to save Humanity. Be faithful! Be strong! Be vigilant!"

-Emperor of Mankind.

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member number12michael's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

like you said brother i think the Org may have destroyed all forms of existing ruler ship/government , Via yoma and awakened beings.

i think it was done swift and right away the swooped in and destroyed all of those places(as i assume they sent scouts to the island before sending tons of people there). probably took a week or so and then entire towns, castles, citys, and governments were gone, and eventually(many years) those people and places were forgotten?
    then they blame it on "Yoma" and start the rumor that they have lived her forever, and as miria said eventually that becomes the reality
    "Keep Eating Shit For The Rest Of Your Life " - 愛憎のロクサーヌ- Roxanne of Love and Hate

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brother Coa's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know, less than 100 years is not much time to forget something as big as that kingdom...
    It would be like forgetting Austria Hungary because of all the turmoils in the last century.
    "The universe has many horrors yet to throw at us. This is not the end of our struggle. This is just the beginning of our crusade to save Humanity. Be faithful! Be strong! Be vigilant!"

-Emperor of Mankind.

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

It is possible if the population or most of it is killed and instead replaced with war prisoners from the mainland.
    (Just a theory)
    That could also explain why the Organization really didn´t care at all about what happened to the human population and even sent that destruction squad to Rabona, the largest city...The population is composed of prisoners from the opposite side in the war.
    Placed there as food for the Org´s super soldiers and to create new ones.
    Last edited by Nanozom; June 29, 2013 at 09:33 AM.

16. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member number12michael's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Coa View Post
    I don't know, less than 100 years is not much time to forget something as big as that kingdom...
    It would be like forgetting Austria Hungary because of all the turmoils in the last century.
    you also have to know that the people of that land would be relatively unintelligent, and they said that people already forgot that there was a time when no yoma were ever seen? how come no one is like "hey my great grandmother dose not ever recall seeing or hearing of yoma before" , would they not know that they Org was not there at one point and just showed up "100 years ago"- seems to me it A) must have been longer then 100 years or B) they people of that land are not smart/not worldly I.E. people(most) in the south have no idea whats going on with the people of the north.

but i also see many people comparing "claymore" with real life, there are monsters and "demons", speed that goes agents the laws of physics , so its kinda dumb(in my mind) to even make comparisons, as there world is nothing like ours.

Edit: yes i am aware that my punctuation is horrid, and i miss use "there", "their" "they're " all the time so please forgive me :3
    "Keep Eating Shit For The Rest Of Your Life " - 愛憎のロクサーヌ- Roxanne of Love and Hate

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Little tocs-Coming Soon 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Claymore 139 Discussion

Discussion thread for chapter 140 is up and running (mainboard). Please, discuss the latest chapter there.

New Reply
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22