Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)
New Reply

Thread: Stranded on a desert island with one anime series, one anime film, and one manga series. What do you choose?

MangaHelper 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member jakensama's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Stranded on a desert island with one anime series, one anime film, and one manga series. What do you choose?

Title explains it all. You have been stranded on a desert island that has a magical working 80 inch 1080p LED TV. Food is plentiful, but you don't know when help will arrive and you'll be able to leave. Only one anime series can be with you, one anime film, and one manga series.

For me...

Anime series-Monster

Anime film-Angel's Egg

Manga series-Nausicaa

What do you choose?

2. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Bromamura's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Stranded on a desert island with one anime series, one anime film, and one manga series. What do you choose?

Off the top of my head..

Anime series - Detective Conan because it's really freaking long and generally entertaining so I won't be bored for a while.

Anime film - Right now it's Rebuild of Evangelion 3.33 since I haven't had the chance to see it yet despite really wanting to. All I need is some free time.

Manga series - Probably Blame!, it's worth reading many times.
    Last edited by Bromamura; April 29, 2013 at 10:40 PM.

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MattC302's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Stranded on a desert island with one anime series, one anime film, and one manga series. What do you choose?

Manga Series- One Piece, because by the time it ends, it will have like 1000 chapters, has great rereadability, and is entertaining on several different levels(comedy, drama, action, etc..).

Anime Series- If I can count the entire Monogatari series(Bakemonogatari, Nisemonogatari, Nekomonogatari Black, and the upcoming season) as one series, then I choose that. I feel like it would vibe with my loneliness and insanity of being stranded on an island forever and it may get more enjoyable the more insane and lonely I get.

Anime Film- Spirited Away, because what I look for out of a feature length anime film is a great visual experience and a great story that can fit into a 2 hour package. Spirited Away easily provides that and is just a great film in general.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    SQUEE x 9000 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

FMA (manga), Redline, and K-On. Simply because I enjoyed all three so much.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

FMA would be my choice for manga while I'd probably go for... Detective Conan? I dunno to be honest. For film, maybe that latest Naruto movie where he gets hit with genjutsu? I never saw the movie though.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Teeba's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Fairy Tail for the anime. Its long and entertaining, and the fillers are surprisingly suit to the series. I'd also like something to keep me in high spirits if I'm going to be stuck on a desert island until help comes along.

For the manga...I'm just going to assume any series I pick will be finished so I'll go Genshiken. its cute and full of meta-analysis, and I never get tired of rereading it. I wouldn't mind reading Inuyasha and Detective Conan either. They're both good reads but I enjoy the modern setting of Genshiken more.

For anime film, it would definitely be Ghost in the Shell. While it's definitely the least cheery of the three, and it has a strong ambiguous ending, I just love pretty much everything about it. The visuals are beautiful, and the story still resonates with me today.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

An anime series I'd bring on the island is Psycho Pass just because it's the first anime in a long while that left me enthralled.

Every time I watch Spirited Away, it leaves me with a different impression each time so that's why I enjoy watching it again and again. It's a story that doesn't get old for me, and I'd love to catch on to the references that I didn't get the first time around.

I'd pick ONE PIECE for the manga not only for its length but because it's fun to see how different pieces of the puzzle fit together later on. I've never read it physically as a tankobon so I'd love to have the experience flipping through the pages.

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Asclepius's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Ah, I'd choose Kuroko no Basket for anime. It made me laugh a lot.

D. Gray-man for manga series. It's just my favorite manga.

And for anime movie... I really haven't watched many... So far i like one of the Bleach movies, The Diamond Dust Rebellion.

Discuss the yaoi side of Shingeki no Kyojin and Kuroko no Basket at the Boys Love section.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member liductan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

FMA for anime..

TOG-manga

Anime movies..I can't think of any good ones beside this FMA one..Can't remember what it's called though.

“I guess by now I should know enough about loss to realize that you never really stop missing
    someone you just learn to live around the huge gaping hole of their absence."
    - Alyson Noel

MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmmm, probably..

Anime - Gintama
    Movie - Princess Mononoke
    Manga - Mahou Sensei Negima

Although, if I were to be all alone on that island I'd strongly consider changing one of those to something vastly more ecchi.
    Last edited by Jammin; July 01, 2013 at 02:19 PM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for RPG fans]
    Black Haze [Esp. for Fairy Tail fans]
    Geukji High [Esp. for Kenichi fans.]
    Divine Bells [Esp. for Action/Comedy fans]
    Dragons Rioting [Esp. for Ecchi fans]

Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Bomber D Rufi's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Anime- Ugh this is hard as it depends on my mood. Gintama is definitely on the list, as well as 2011 HXH, but I'd probably go for The Law of Ueki or FMA Brotherhood if I wanted something complete.....yeaaah lets go with FMA here.

Movie- Summer wars, Sword of the Stranger or the 2nd Gintama movie.....more likely than not Summer wars though.

Manga- Far too hard. Oddly enough though, I wouldn't choose Gintama. That much I do know. I guess Nejimaki Kagyuu? I'm like obsessed with that right now.
    Current projects
    Gintama (Weekly)
    Koukushi Musou!! (Weekly)
    Nejimaki Kagyuu (Weekly)
    Kiriwoterrible (Weekly)
    Hitoribocchi no shinrakusha (Monthly)

Requests Closed.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...-D-Rufi-Thread
    requestsforrufi@gmail.com

Read my writing here!
    http://alleycatcomics.pbworks.com/

Smiling Moe Hunter 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Band of the Hawks 2
    Post Thanks / Like

Anime series - Probably Legend of Galactic Heroes. I enjoyed it profoundly, I think I'd never get bored of it because how epic it is. It's also a long running one, so it's just perfect for the situation.

Movie Anime - It's either.. Grave of the Fireflies or Tokyo Godfathers. I couldn't choose between both of them.

Manga - Berserk. Probably it's too "heavy" for a single read, but to be honest, Berserk is probably one of those manga which I often re-read.

New Reply