Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 (2)

View Poll Results: Why do you think Karias wants out of Lukedonia so badly.

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Because he desperatly wants revenge on the Ex-Clan Leaders.

1 4.76%
  • Because he wants to go flirt with girls.

4 19.05%
  • Because he has a strong sense of duty and wants to face the Union

1 4.76%
  • Because Lukedonia is boring.

11 52.38%
  • Other( please post)

4 19.05%
New Reply

Thread: Noblesse Chapter 282 Review

MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Noblesse Noblesse Chapter 282 Review

The poll two weeks ago was on what's next for Raizel and company. A slim majority, myself included, thought he'd head to Lukedonia. The rest thought he'd stay in Korea, and they were right. Congrats!

Now onto the review!

Chapter Summary

Karias is.....bored.

This week begins with the Lady Werewolf giving her full report to the other Union Elders. Their response to the information that the 6th, 7th, and 8th Elder's deaths is shocked disbelief until she informs them that the Noblesse is alive. Then their reaction turns into extreme shock with a splash of denial.

During all this Crombell is thoroughly confused. Having no idea what or whom the Noblesse is he asks for an explination and is told that the Noblesse is some body who can exicute powerful clan leaders(pretty vague). And Crombell immediately seems to assume they are talking about Frankenstein.

The Elders begin to rework their plans with this new information by find Roctis still stunned by the knowledge that Raizel is still alive. After he recovers a bit, he says that he will contact "them". And the other elders agree.

Meanwhile at the school, Franky and the RK-4 are receiving a report by Yontsu and Sangeen on the political situation. Which quickly turns into a discussion of what the Union is as a whole. Which pretty much boils down to a megalomaniacal organization bent on controlling things behind the scenes. This makes Sangeen wonder why they never stepped out of the shadows until now? Franky supplies the answer that though the Nobles are hands off with humanity a faction exerting power with enhanced humans is something they would cause them to intervene. Making it so they would have to defeat Lukedonia first.

Focus then shifts to Lukedonia where they have received word that the battle is over but outside Karias gets out his soul weapon (a bow) and fires it into the sky over and over, causing thunder to rain down. Raskreia wonders if there is an enemy but Gejutel tells her that "he's protesting to be allowed out". I guess, he's had enough of sitting around.

Chapter Review

Beware the Onion. It'll make you cry.

Substance

The Union Elders didn't take news of the Noblesse being alive very well. They revealed two big things. The first was confirmation that they had no idea he was still alive. The second comes from Roctis talking about "them" as soon as he learned Raizel was alive. It's probably a safe bet that "they" are the ones who put Raizel in his 820 year sleep. Who they actually are though....I honestly have no idea.

The rest of this chapter was mainly devoted to recapping and reminding the audience of plot points as well as spending some time trying to answer plot questions like "Why doesn't the Union just nuke them?". While I like to see T's crossed and I's dotted it did make this chapter a little exposition heavy for my tastes

The remaining thing this chapter covered was Karias either upset that he wasn't let out or demanding to be let out now.(probably the latter but it seems hard to say for sure) To be honest, I think this scene was pretty awkward. The artwork is so deadly serious(which is rare for Karias) but the dialogue did a very poor job of explaining why. The result was a scene whose basic meaning doesn't seem to be entirely clear. Is he throwing a tantrum? Is he angry for not being let out? Does he still want out? Is it anger at the Ex Clan Leaders showing up? I can't help but think that scene could have been a lot better than it is with a little more clarity.

Presentation

The artwork has had it's issues recently and this week was unfortunately no exception. The character detail was still low by Noblesse standards but the artist at least managed to balance it out. So that most panels had about the same level of detail; which I thought helped prevent certain parts from standing out. There was also a funny editing issue created by whoever placed the speech bubbles(see the caption). Overall, another below average showing from Noblesse's artwork.

Another art issue that should be noted, but not necessarily as a mistake, is the color of the Lady Werewolf's hair. She was introduced having jet black hair but now it seems to be the greyish brown of her werewolf form. I wonder if the artist just forgot to change it back or if her character has been redesigned on the fly?

Pacing was slow and the content was pretty dry. I think the way this chapter was supposed to flow was for us to get two dry scenes and then have the Karias scene at the end peak interest back up for next week but the last scene couldn't quite do the job for me because it just didn't convey whatever it was trying to well enough. In hindsight some comic relief might have been a better thing to end this chapter with.

Overall Rating

The wrap up for the biggest fight in Noblesse continues to struggle this week. While the plot did add a mysterious and interesting element the subpar artwork, sluggish pacing, and overkill exposition held back my enjoyment of this chapter quite a bit.

I give a 2 out 5

Predictions Section

New Prediction

Can't think of anything interesting enough.

Old Predictions: (25 Wins/ 33 Losses)

Spoiler: Ongoing show
    Last edited by Jammin; April 30, 2013 at 10:28 PM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]

2. Thanks 7 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member strixflash's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Noblesse Chapter 282 Review

Judging by the way Elders reacted, I think the top three Elders are not traitors. Roctis possibly meant the other three unrevealed traitors when he said "them". Of course, in them also includes the beings which were possibly involved in the incident 820 years ago. I am still thinking that some old nobles from Lukedonia's forgotten history are involved. The revealtion that top three elders are not traitors is pretty interesting as everyone started to believe that all traitors are in Union and the top three Elders are unrevealed traitors. So are the elders then modified humans?

This chapter explained why Union is stupid (just sending Elders one by one) by saying that Lukedonia is smart I am just speechless on this.

I wonder how artist will show Karias fights with his soul weapon. While it looked cool, I don't think the fights will be easy.

Allover, I really liked this chapter and I think this chapter at least deserves a three even if we take all the negatives.

Noblesse Forever!

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    The Green Knight MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Gats's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Since I picked "other options" : I just think it's a mix of everything. Likedonia seems very boring for someone like him (unless his clan is more or less like him and they make happy stuff together). He certainly wants to take care and protect the two young nobles outside considering the Union was attacking and certainly plans to act again. Having a proper meeting with Rai is also an option. The thing is rather why the Lord and the others don't let him go ? Is he such a Casanova or he is the kind to make unecessary mess all the time outside ? I don't know.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

i think 'them" r elders (clan elders). we see all good clanleader's SW right . so maybe ex clanleder have gun SW.
    i think if top three elder r not nobles maybe they r WW or some other supernatural bing i dont think top 3 elders to be humans

---------- Post added at 11:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gats View Post
    Since I picked "other options" : I just think it's a mix of everything. Likedonia seems very boring for someone like him (unless his clan is more or less like him and they make happy stuff together). He certainly wants to take care and protect the two young nobles outside considering the Union was attacking and certainly plans to act again. Having a proper meeting with Rai is also an option. The thing is rather why the Lord and the others don't let him go ? Is he such a Casanova or he is the kind to make unecessary mess all the time outside ? I don't know.
    i think because he is just like old lord . his personality is like un-noble

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by strixflash View Post
    Judging by the way Elders reacted, I think the top three Elders are not traitors. Roctis possibly meant the other three unrevealed traitors when he said "them". Of course, in them also includes the beings which were possibly involved in the incident 820 years ago. I am still thinking that some old nobles from Lukedonia's forgotten history are involved. The revealtion that top three elders are not traitors is pretty interesting as everyone started to believe that all traitors are in Union and the top three Elders are unrevealed traitors. So are the elders then modified humans?

This chapter explained why Union is stupid (just sending Elders one by one) by saying that Lukedonia is smart I am just speechless on this.

I wonder how artist will show Karias fights with his soul weapon. While it looked cool, I don't think the fights will be easy.

Allover, I really liked this chapter and I think this chapter at least deserves a three even if we take all the negatives.
    Interesting thought about the top elders being modified humans but seeing as they all seemed to know the Noblesse I'm still leaning toward them being Ex Clan Leaders.

Quote Originally Posted by Gats View Post
    I hope so.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Blackdynamite410's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

To be honest, I thought that the top 3 were the traitors but I'm not so sure. I'm certain that out of the three, at least one is a traitor and one is a Werewolf. If I'm correct then I believe that the werewolf helped with getting rid of Rai and recruited the 5th elder afterwards. "Them" are the remaining co conspirators that decided to go their separate way and chose not to be directly involved with the union for whatever rsason.

Fkr the poll I chose other because I think that Karias wants to help and is probably worried about Regis and Seira. Hes probably bored too.

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity TheBoss's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

I got the felling that Karias is really worried with Rai, specially after he defeated 2 traitor nobles. Nobles sense of honor is strong, so may want to go to rai's side as fast as he can so he can help.
    Although is a possibility I dont think it may be revenge...

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

http://www.mangahere.com/manga/noble...4/c282/13.html

u can see they know fight is over but didnt have detailed information just like union elder know about rai but didnt know about frank

New Reply