Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 (2)
New Reply
Page 24 of 74 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 ... LastLast

Thread: History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi by Matsuena Syun

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member OcasoEterno04's Avatar
    Country
    Costa Rica
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: HSDK Chapter 519 Discussions / 520 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by BASED Shinigami View Post
    I'm talking about the current situation. All the other disciple fights ended prematurely. I'm just saying I wish those fights were a little more fleshed out instead of everything feeling rushed and undone. I don't think it's fair it should be like that when this upcoming master fight is going to take up like 5 or more chapters. Feel me!?
    Nah, the only interesting fight was siegfried vs hermit and for me it was long enough, chikage obviusly wouldnt kill anyone from the shinpaku alliance, and rachel vs renka...well you know. But I do want to see kenichi vs berserker cause jesus it would be epic but probably kenichi can't fight anymore after receiving that blow straight to the heart.

Does anybody else wonders wtf are the masters doing?
    <b><font color=black>GO BIG</font></b>

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Lectro Volpi's Avatar
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm talking about the current situation. All the other disciple fights ended prematurely. I'm just saying I wish those fights were a little more fleshed out instead of everything feeling rushed and undone. I don't think it's fair it should be like that when this upcoming master fight is going to take up like 5 or more chapters. Feel me!?
    I stated what I wanted to see, not what I think has been too much or too little of. I can't feel you because, as I stated before, disciple fights are minor league things to me.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BASED Shinigami's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OcasoEterno04 View Post
    Nah, the only interesting fight was siegfried vs hermit and for me it was long enough, chikage obviusly wouldnt kill anyone from the shinpaku alliance, and rachel vs renka...well you know. But I do want to see kenichi vs berserker cause jesus it would be epic but probably kenichi can't fight anymore after receiving that blow straight to the heart.

Does anybody else wonders wtf are the masters doing?
    It's safe to assume they're close to the area where all the action is occurring. Two members of the OSNF are at the amusement park, so I don't think the Ryozanpaku gang would let the opportunity slip to beat one of them and send them to Big Lock. I think they're just waiting for the right moment to intervene.

---------- Post added at 09:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:02 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lectro Volpi View Post
    I stated what I wanted to see, not what I think has been too much or too little of. I can't feel you because, as I stated before, disciple fights are minor league things to me.
    Any particular reason why?
    My comic suggestions: Ecchi, Martial Arts, Historical, Harem, Adventure!

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, disciple fights are overall generally unimportant to the plot. Disciple fights are mere ego boosts for the masters, they want to pride themselves in having the strongest disciples who follow either the katsujinken or satsujinken. Master fights are entirely different, there is far more than pride or ego at stake. Yami runs a world wide criminal organization which is behind and in control of other criminal organizations and shady government deals. Every time one of the OSNF is taken out the huge machine which is yami loses a cog. Plotwise kenichi and his friends are irrelevant when we consider the actually relevant stuff his masters fight for.

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

Any particular reason why?
    I was thinking an answer before going to the next page and kkck already gave a much better answer than me.

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Well, disciple fights are overall generally unimportant to the plot. Disciple fights are mere ego boosts for the masters, they want to pride themselves in having the strongest disciples who follow either the katsujinken or satsujinken. Master fights are entirely different, there is far more than pride or ego at stake. Yami runs a world wide criminal organization which is behind and in control of other criminal organizations and shady government deals. Every time one of the OSNF is taken out the huge machine which is yami loses a cog. Plotwise kenichi and his friends are irrelevant when we consider the actually relevant stuff his masters fight for.
    Disciples are also a way for Yami to "keep on" for the next generations, but if we look at Sakaki and Hongo's past it's not really a must-be: Sakaki or Hongo were supposed to be one of the OSNF yet Suzuki could have been the one with the position despite not being afiliated with Yami before (Sakaki & Hongo were, indirectly, because of their masters).

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zatono's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

HSDK Chapter 520 Discussion / 521 Predictions

Discuss the chapter here~

Wow, is he really fighting evenly with Kensei right now? Or is Kensei still holding back? I mean yeah he could probably use Seidou Gou but I can't believe that he'd need it.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BASED Shinigami's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: HSDK Chapter 520 Discussion / 521 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Zatono View Post
    Discuss the chapter here~

Wow, is he really fighting evenly with Kensei right now? Or is Kensei still holding back? I mean yeah he could probably use Seidou Gou but I can't believe that he'd need it.
    Kensei is holding back because he doesn't feel any real killing intent being directed at him. That's why he provoking Tanaka to amplify the darkness within himself to become stronger. This fight is even only because Kensei is making it even. He's toying with him, so don't be fooled. Tanaka may be master class, but he's not on Kensei's level.
    My comic suggestions: Ecchi, Martial Arts, Historical, Harem, Adventure!

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

Did Tanaka made Kensei kneel!? Is his style over Kensei's like Silat over Karate?

Oh wait... Kensei was just going easy on him. Knowing Kensei, he has some sort of plan, it can't be just to make him stronger; there has to be something more, like a trap.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Buggy's Avatar
    Country
    Andorra
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: HSD Kenichi Hangout

I stumbled upon these two tv series:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_weapon
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fight_Quest

The hosts, martial artists themselves, travel the world and practice in certain martial arts. They show some of the less-known martial arts as well, like Pencak Silat and Kalarippayattu, we know from the manga. It's very interesting for martial arts fans, they show some tough training, go to into the wilderness and the mountains to train, like they do in the manga. There are full episodes on youtube, check them out.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lectro Volpi View Post
    Did Tanaka made Kensei kneel!? Is his style over Kensei's like Silat over Karate?

Oh wait... Kensei was just going easy on him. Knowing Kensei, he has some sort of plan, it can't be just to make him stronger; there has to be something more, like a trap.
    In my opinion, that's exactly what Kensei is trying to do: to make him stronger. Or at least, to make him believe he is stronger with killing intent.

Kensei has trained a number of students, basically using them as guinea pigs for his "Seido Gou" research. All of them (Ryuoto, Kano Shou, Rimi) obtained some form of Seido Gou.

However, Tanaka is a lot stronger and more talented (at this point) than any of the others.

I think Kensei's plan is to somehow 'trick' Tanaka into either using Seido Gou, killing him, or both.
    Kensei wants Tanaka to leave the Katsujinken. I also believe he is even willing to give his live for him.

Remember, Tanaka is on a path for revenge, which makes him susceptible to manipulation. If he kills Kensei, where is he going to go? My guess is, whether he kills Kensei or not, he'll join Yami and will be one of the true tests for Kenichi on his way to masterdom.

Of course, most of this is speculation, but this way Kenichi will get the much-needed "arch-enemy / challenge" that he sorely needs.

13. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Seeing the chapter and previous chapters I am of the thought that kensei and other satsukjinken dislike fighting people who are not determined to kill them. They care about the battle, they care about the moment. They fight for their beliefs however one of their main beliefs is in itself the satsujinken, the abstract concept of martial arts. They want to fight giving it their all but at the same time want their enemies to fight giving it their all for the sake of martial arts. In this particular case kensei probably feels tanaka is holding back and as a result kensei himself is holding back. Kensei wants tanaka to truly find the will to kill so that he can also fight to end the life of his enemy. Kensei in particular does not seem to mind dying if it is for martial arts and he probably thinks that even in his defeat and death something good will come out for martial arts and satsujinken.

15. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity chess4's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Cant believe i waited to read this series for so long.....it is great.

17. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member OcasoEterno04's Avatar
    Country
    Costa Rica
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, simply just wow, tanaka is "that" strong? Well kensei is gonna have some trouble dealing with him but he isn't a master that can be that easily defeated I mean he is a freaking OSNF member and right now is his time to shine and show us what is the power of the almost 1st disciple of ryouzanpaku.
    I said this in the other thread but anyway. The masters where f*cking around -_- I totally thought the elder or akisame or sakaki where there but as it seems I was wrong.
    I think tanaka is gonna have killing intent sooner or later. I don't want another member of the OSNF dead but whatever, if kensei has to die then well that's the end of his story.

P.S: I'm surprised that there are only 6 replies for such an awesome chapter 0_o
    <b><font color=black>GO BIG</font></b>

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OcasoEterno04 View Post
    Wow, simply just wow, tanaka is "that" strong? Well kensei is gonna have some trouble dealing with him but he isn't a master that can be that easily defeated I mean he is a freaking OSNF member and right now is his time to shine and show us what is the power of the almost 1st disciple of ryouzanpaku.
    I said this in the other thread but anyway. The masters where f*cking around -_- I totally thought the elder or akisame or sakaki where there but as it seems I was wrong.
    I think tanaka is gonna have killing intent sooner or later. I don't want another member of the OSNF dead but whatever, if kensei has to die then well that's the end of his story.

P.S: I'm surprised that there are only 6 replies for such an awesome chapter 0_o
    Well this forum section doesn't have the activity that e.g. Naruto or Bleach section has. But I'm also guessing there's some kind of 'break' and people know that and are taking their own "break" on this forum.

I wonder the reason there hasn't been a chapter last week.

As for Tanaka, he's such a cool character! I love him, it'd be a shame if he went over to the "dark side". But it would be good for the story, I think.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member alisdfd's Avatar
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think tanaka will go to the dark side but remember what ryuuto told of his master when he is super coonfident of winning he let his guard down hence why tanaka was asble to land a hit. I think it is important to know that tanaka is not a fool but a wise ass who will use this information in the last seconds he would properly let kensei teach him to fool him to believe that he is in control but it is tanak who will reduce his killing intent in other to throw tanaka off balance.

Hence he will lose his fight or get damaged very badly. Remember tanaka said he is not a killer. In this sense the author indicated that he will not go to the dark side easily.

Tanaka will reduce his killing intent to put kensei off balance causing him to land a powerful hit to his eyes or lungs within a fraction of a second when he increase the killing intent.

New Reply
Page 24 of 74 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 ... LastLast