Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Who is the Final Villian

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Zeref

10 20.41%
  • Acnologia

24 48.98%
  • Another Character

15 30.61%
New Reply

Thread: Fairy Tail Final Villian

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Fairy Tail Final Villian

All this time, things seem to head toward two villians; Zeref and Acnologia. Who do you think the last boss of Fairy Tail is? Or is it simply another new characters?
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fairy Tail Final Villian

The driving force of this manga until now have been the dragons, so I'd say that the final villain will be someone related to them and the only plausible one seems to be Acnologia himself.
    I see Zeref more as a future support character for Natsu and the others, at least for me.
    But Mashima could surprise us with other characters in the future, who could become potential final villain.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Leonsagara's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Idk, it seemed to be everything was pointing to Zeref at first, until he was actually introduced. Then he didn't seem like such a bad guy. Acnologia is definitely evil though. Too hard to say until we see what Zeref has been up to during the time-skip.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SerpentTailedAngel's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, Acne does rule the world in the future, and may or may not have killed of 90% of humanity. Zeref may have, at one point, been bad, but I think he's gone on record saying he doesn't want to take any more lives.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmmm. That's a question I was thinking about not too long ago as a matter of fact. I think I might have to go with a new character. Considering Zeref himself said that he has learned to value life I don't see him becoming the main antagonist (if he becomes one at all). Acnologia is different story; a large bulk of the FT series revolves around dragons and dragon slayers so I wouldn't be surprised if Acnologia becomes the main antagonist. However, that being said, I think Acnologia may end up just being a hurdle of sorts for the series' dragon slayers. If I were completely honest, I feel like there's a bigger badder villain in the shadows somewhere. I see something like an all out war with this badder villain that includes all our most beloved characters teaming up one last time to beat him in the name of friendship. Y'know? Friendship, after all, is a central force in the series. Of course the same thing can be said about Acnologia but since it IS a dragon I think it's less likely that it'll be the FINAL FINAL boss in FT as compared to a human character.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Thuwa25's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

the true villain will be the magic council itself...

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

While the magic council has made a few mistakes overall I don't think any of the members we have seen is actually evil. More so, they are right to hate fairy tail and most of the actions they take against them. The lot of them routinely damage public property and get away with it with an apology. In a fair world natsu, erza and grey would be more wanted than any member of the balam alliance and rot in the deepest darkest hole the council can find just from the sheer amount of damage they cause.... The manga takes a comedic approach to the gang and guild in general destroying towns and public property but in real life they would be considered dangerous sociopaths with no regard for the safety of others who need to actually be thrown into the deepest darkest moistest hole they can find and never look back. The manga no longer deals with this but natsu was a freaking sociopath at the start of the manga. I am not saying those kidnappers didn't deserve the beating but natsu going that wild and destroying that much stuff with no control over himself whatsoever makes him incredibly dangerous. And such things are routine for him... Narsu was actually lucky no one else was at the pot that time.... It is not impossible that the magic council has been infiltrated yet again although that wouldn't make the magic council itself evil.

For the time being I am of the idea that the main bag guy will be acknologia... Overall it kinda seems like zeref is actually subordinate to acknologia. Seeing the seven kin arc it seemed like zeref did not have a choice in doing the evil stuff he is supposed to do which makes no sense if he is the boss around. More so, acknologia seems to be the one ruling the world in the future, not zeref.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Definitely not Zeref.
    I think he's going to be a good guy later on.

But I doubt that the final villain will be a dragon.
    I think that we might see someone controlling Acnologia, or his own disciple fighting Natsu.

So, I will have to go with "Another character".

EDIT:
    Actually, I just remembered that Acnologia is not a simple dragon.
    He was once human, so he probably doesn't have a "master" or a "student"...

Well, I guess he might be the final villain, after all.
    Too bad I already voted...
    Last edited by THM Nindo; May 09, 2013 at 10:15 AM.

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I had a hard time picking which one would be the antagonist going into the end of the manga. They are linked together to a lot of extent. I think at this point in the series and the fact that fake Zeref's have run their course, there will be no one more powerful a villain than either those two. There will be other villains that broaden the world, but now that there are 7 dragon slayers to end the danger of 'dragons' since 777, Dragon slayers vs Acnologia is going to be a huge battle and it will be in the twilight of the series. However the true (welcomed) death of Zeref will be by Natsu and I have a feeling there will be a lot of loss, maybe not permanent ... (see Rave).

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Kauia's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't see Acnologia as a final villain. He might be a key to some unknown plot yet to be revealed. FT's main plot is just starting. Zeref sounds like a support character. But with his awakening, anything could be possible. He coul;d be an enemy or a temporary one.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd like to have more information on Lumen Histoire, the Magical Council and its members, Tartaros, what's up with the demons mentionned on the Daimatou Enbu introduction and the Top 5 of the Seiten Daimadou before judging on the final villain. Especially on the Lumen Histoire.

Acknologia is about complete annihilation. He should be defeated once Natsu & the Dragon Slayers are strong enough. If Tartaros manages to join forces with Zeref and what was left of Grimoire Heart, they're my candidates as they could be trying to unfold "The One Magic" again which appears potentially more dangerous to me.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

it will be zeref, he has been built up way too much at this point

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Tonix's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't see why it couldn't be both Zeref and Acnologia. I really hope it turns out to be at least one of them as they're the only characters to have any foreshadowing.

Fairy Tail's biggest problem as a manga is that most bad guys end up switching sides after seeing Natsu get fired up, which means that no villains get a chance to develop (as villains) and Mashima has to constantly add new ones who the readers have no connection to. (Until they get their character redeeming moment of course)

It would be nice if Mashima stuck with Zeref and Acnologia instead of throwing someone new into the story right at the end, I want the final battle to involve a longstanding enemy and those two are the only ones who fit that description at this point.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Zeref and acnologia are connected, its not clear how, but I think that it is certain, maybe they both learned dragon slaying magic from the same dragon (black dragon acnologia, black mage zeref), or maybe its something else.

Zeref knew natsu before the s class wizard exam, zeref hasn't been seen in about 400 years, and natsu couldn't make it through a barrier that kept out stone statues and people over 80, so I'm guessing time there will be some sort of back story involving the pasts of the dragon slayers before the we see the end of this arc

The dragons and dragon slayers aren't the only things that could be the final driving parts of the story, we also know that fairy tail itself exists to find out if fairys really have tails, and I think that this along with lumen historie will point to the final plot being about the guild itself rather than an enemy that only a few mages in the guild even have the ability to injure

plus raven tail is still around, a guild made to destroy fairy tail, and that little demon cat thing that they had that was obviously more powerful than it let on, and also the last guild of the balam alliance.

I just think that there is still so much left for us to already be picking the final villain, unless actual fairies, zeref, acnologia, raven tail, lumen historie, history of the dragon slayers, last balam alliance guild, and the festival of the dragon king are all connected together, but I doubt that

---------- Post added at 08:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:27 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tonix View Post
    I don't see why it couldn't be both Zeref and Acnologia. I really hope it turns out to be at least one of them as they're the only characters to have any foreshadowing.

Fairy Tail's biggest problem as a manga is that most bad guys end up switching sides after seeing Natsu get fired up, which means that no villains get a chance to develop (as villains) and Mashima has to constantly add new ones who the readers have no connection to. (Until they get their character redeeming moment of course)

It would be nice if Mashima stuck with Zeref and Acnologia instead of throwing someone new into the story right at the end, I want the final battle to involve a longstanding enemy and those two are the only ones who fit that description at this point.
    zeref hasn't really been a villain much, magic he made in the past were enemies, but delioria was already beaten when it was freed, and lulaby was a joke, and other stuff that happend after that, like the tower of paradise and grimiore hearts attack, were done in his name, not by him personally, he's never really hurt anyone since his character has been introduced, except for members of dark guilds

And acnologia only appeared in a couple chapters, other than that the dragon king kind of just flies around, he attacked fairy tail because he thought they were food, other than that all we know is what he did in the past, kill dragons, and might do in a possible future, kill humans.

they aren't exactly long standing villains, zeref doesn't want to fight and acnologia just likes to eat humans, idk if they fit the long standing enemy criteria

Banned 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Palau
    Post Thanks / Like

Final Villain, probably the Magic Council Gone Bad or the Tartaros Guild.

New Reply