Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!

View Poll Results: The winner of group 4 is...

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kaname Tōsen

18 48.65%
  • Rōjūrō Ōtoribashi

7 18.92%
  • Shūkurō Tsukishima

10 27.03%
  • Momo Hinamori

2 5.41%
Thread Closed
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bleach Tournament: Group 4

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Bleach Tournament: Group 4

Don't forget to read the rules first before you proceed. You can click on character names below pictures to go to their Bleach wiki article for more information. Every character fights for himself/herself in group stage, there're no teams.

GROUP 4

Welcome to the Group 4 of the second Bleach Tournament!
    Here are the contestants who will battle against each other to advance to the next round in the fourth group:

Synopsis

Tousen has been ordered to cut all loose ends! After searching extensively he finally finds a chance to fight fellow hybrid Rose and former comrade Hinamori! Rose will not stand for the one who backstabbed him a century ago and he will most definitely put and end to Aizen's former lieutenant! Himamori has a duty to end the traitor Tousen and will be forced to fight to the bitter end with Rose! Meanwhile Tsukishima wanders into the scene and becomes a target for everyone! He who hesitates gets slaughtered, no prisoners will be taken!

Quotes

Tousen: "Justice without a great cause begets nothing more than slaughter. However, that same slaughter in the name of a great cause is justice."
    Rose: " Come here. Yeah, come on... Right this way... Come closer... just like that and become a prisoner of my melody."
    Tsukishima: "I will make sure that your feelings disappear altogether."
    Hinamori: "I never imagined that all three of you would get caught in my kidou net. Snap, Tobiume."
    Last edited by Miyagi; May 02, 2013 at 09:01 AM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach Tournament: Group 4

Tousen takes this. Big chance tsukishima can't even cut the guy given his durability featz of withstanding a direct slash from KTM. Momo is simple canon fodder. She can't even beat a base fraccion. Rose lacks the speed and strength featz to fight ressuructed tousen. I give him props from taking a wolf from stark so he won't go down that easily however he's still outmatched.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member g0dzax's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah,I also think Tousen takes this.Even if Rojuro has a mask,Tousen can do a full Ressureccion...Tsuki/Momo have really no chance here.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

I think I will be the only one who would vote for Rose here.)
    I think his ability and his Shikai and also his Mask would let him win against any of the opponents here.
    No matter how good Tousen was, while Vaizard, but he was that good against Komamura... You know what I mean.

Tsukishima... he was good, but he was that good, because Byakuya obviously is quite arrogant and also let his guard down and the ground was also in favour for Tsukishima more or less, while here there won't be any beneficiencies for the fighters.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by g0dzax View Post
    Yeah,I also think Tousen takes this.Even if Rojuro has a mask,Tousen can do a full Ressureccion...Tsuki/Momo have really no chance here.
    Full Resurection, that makes his sense duller and his body slower, everything for the price of sight. He is stronger, but he looks like a fly, being basically a tank, with low mobility, but with strong attacks.

Rojuro vs Tousen vs Tsukishima...

Tsukishima could keep up with Byakuya, and also has pretty outstanding ability, that can give him counter to everything. He is pretty fast, but underrated by most. We'll see extent os his abilities during current war. I still think he'd lose to Rojuro and Tousen.

Rojuro's abilities are pretty good. Tousen wasn't that impressive IMO. During Ressurection he was killed by Hisagi, as his perception was shitty. Without that Ressurection, Komamura could almost keep up with him. If not for instant regeneration he'd have lost his arm. Rojuro takes it for me. Even though we haven't seen his Bankai and 10 Sonates.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Blood Moon's Avatar
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

Comes down to Tousen and Tsukishima. One hit from Tsukishima and he can become a "Aizen" in Tousens memories. Theres no way Tousen would lay a finger on him if so.

But can he hit him once with Tousens Bankai up? Tough match.
    • The story of life is quicker than the wink of an eye, the story of love is hello and goodbye...until we meet again.
    • Hendrix

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zimbardo's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I, personally, consider Tousen quite underrated by many people. I believe his base skills are quite high - maybe Byakuya level. He also has a ridiculous bankai.
    This combined with his above average hollowfication (he said complete - definitely better than the Visards masks), which boosts his basic abilities even more - make me think that he is faster and more powerful than Byakuya was when he fought Tsukishima.
    I am not sure how Tsukishima can touch him - not just in speed, but in swordplay.
    Momo stands no chance here.
    I would place Rose above Tsukishima also.
    However, even with his mask, I am not sure that Rose can beat Tousen in this fight.
    Tousen wins.

Why is there no award for most enraged?!?

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Tousen is probably the strongest, but I hated his ressureccion so much (a fly... really!?), that I just cannot vote for him...
    I think I'll simply pass this round, and don't vote at all.

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Buzz Killington's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Tsukishima's a bigger threat here than he's being given credit for. If he manages to cut any of his opponents, BoTE would allow him to insert himself into their past, "train" with them and thus raise his own combat ability to perfectly match theirs (As he did with Byakuya, making them equals), as well as learn all of their abilities/weaknesses. It took some out of character improv by Byakuya to overcome Tsuki, and that was with his Bankai... I have doubts Rose could pull off the same with just the limited shikai ability we've seen and a hollow mask

Tousen is, imo, the most powerful character here by far. If he resurrects he'd kill anyone here in a 1 on 1 fight, unfortunately though this isn't a 1 on 1 fight. So if his opponents play it smart and try taking down the biggest threats first (Tousen), assuming he's in bug form, he'll likely be killed especially with Tsuki around. However Tousen could also beat anyone here using his shinigami power and hollow mask imo

So for me it comes down to circumstance. If Tousen resurrects and gets offed early then I see Tsuki winning. If that doesn't happen, then I give it to Tousen. I see the latter option being more likely, as I don't think Tousen will just resurrect off the bat nor be pushed to before exhausting his own shinigami power. So I give this fight to Tousen
    Last edited by Buzz Killington; May 07, 2013 at 10:11 AM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Tsukishima wins assuming he can cut either Tousen or Rose.

Otherwise, Tousen wius with Hollowfication as his power was immense, as long as he doesn't get overconfident and throws safety out of the window.

Rose is not going to be as strong as Tousen, he's a failure in Aizen's eyes, but still the strongest of the list excluding Tousen's Hollowfication, and has magical based attacks with multiple deadly attacks.

Hinamori could beat Tsukishima maybe, but only because he's human.
    This might come in handy. Maybe one in more analysis to come:

The Thousand Year Blood War buildup and recap:
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...=1#post3091160

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Nigeria
    Post Thanks / Like

Momo is taken out fast (unfair lol)
    Tsukishima is then taken out due to fighting multiple non human opponents.
    I see Tousen as the victor but anything (but Momo winning) can happen not to mention if characters were acting arrogant instead of fighting intelliegently, then anything can truly happen.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Tousen probably takes this. Rose is decent but too unknown in his abilities. Tsukishima can be beat easily by tousen. His blindness is key. He uses other senses like hearing more and that gives him an advantage here. Tsuki even if bookmarking Tousen would still need time. Tousen has his sense of Justice to rely on in that case. Like Byakuya, he won't fall for the trap so easily.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, its not that byakuya did not fall prey to tsukishima's power. The issue was that even in spite of tsukishima placing himself within byakuya's memories as an irreplaceable and loved person who was there always byakuya still thought more of ichigo and the gratitude he had for him. Ultimately tsukishima's ability changes memories however it is not actually that effective at changing feelings (like when we saw orihime crying for ichigo even though she remembered tsukishima being the important one). I am not sure of how much this would apply in this particular context. Its already a battle to the death in spite of potential friendships....

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Takahashi's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Torran View Post
    Hinamori could beat Tsukishima maybe, but only because he's human.
    ........Wut?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Jackk's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

...Uh, am I seeing the "Human level durability" argument again? =/

Seems like it to me, but either way I'll cover this just in case...

Yeah, fullbrings had human bodies;however, they also had reiatsu.

Chad, Tsukishima [2], and Ginjo [2] (also apparently the other fullbringers that we saw).

And we know that reiatsu makes an individual stronger and more durable etc.

There's a reason why Tsukishima did not die when Byakuya made a hole through him with the Bankai petals despite the fact that Tsukishima had a human body... and why even Ginjo later tells Ichigo that Tsukishima is not dead yet while then mentioning that Tsukishima's reiatsu is nearly gone so he would give Tsukishima 10 minutes. Obviously Tsukishima's reiatsu was keeping him alive. Heck we later even see that Tsukishima got up and attempts to strike Ichigo.

Obviously rei is very important. And Tsukishima definitely has it, among other things.

Thread Closed
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast