Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2) , Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: The Breaker : New Waves 116 Discussion/ 117 Predictions

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity kidopitz27's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Breaker : New Waves 116 Discussion/ 117 Predictions

Is it me Sera coming means she gonna die by gunshots like Shiho? O mean they are giong to a place where guns were used more often than martial arts

OMG TWO VILEPLUME

100% sure that Zoro already surpassed mihawk! 10/06/10

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member S-H-I-G-U-R-E's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kidopitz27 View Post
    Is it me Sera coming means she gonna die by gunshots like Shiho? O mean they are giong to a place where guns were used more often than martial arts
    It's you.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member syx's Avatar
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Finally, I catched up with chapters and can post here (I decided to read all the chapters again and it took me some weeks).

The chapter was solid. That was quite an appearance from the Doc. I think he is a very nasty opponent to face. Like Tsunade from Naruto, who can screw with your nervous system.

I didn't like Shiwoon's tactic that much. It was pretty risky, but that's probably a matter of opinion. I'm still shocked that after all the shit Shiwoon went through and survived, there are still people who underestimate him. For fucks sake, it's time that everyone understands it now, that he is quite dangerous. It's not important what he was in the past, but what he did since he is a murim.

Looking forward to the next chapter.

As a sidenote: The Mangapanda/Mangareaders version lacks some pages. I suggest you to read the the Mangahere version.
    • ⁞ Avatar by xhunter924 ⁞ Signature by ThePowha ⁞ •

• ⁞ Tower of God Section136th FloorToG Section's Lighthouse ⁞ •

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hopefully shioon will pick up a thing or two about the pressure points. I can't help feeling he'll benefit in the long run from fighting the doc, however bad things seem right now

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Ketsurou's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by blaise View Post
    That acupressure stuff was always useless on shioon.
    No, it wasn't. Smiling Blade used it on him. The only reason it didn't work the other time, when Cool Guy used it, is because of the way that ki pill worked to temporarily let him use ki. It bypassed his ki center by opening all of his accupunture points, allowing all of his ki to explode through his aura instead of being circulated through his ki center and internal meridians--or something to that effect. Since all of his accupuncture points were open by that medicine, using the points to cause ki damage didn't work.

However, now that he has a normal energy system again, it does work. That's why he fell to the ground and trembled in this chapter--the accupunture did nearly paralyze him, so the technique works. It's just that Shioon's will power is so strong that he overpowered it, and stood up even with that kind of damage.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member dominicanboy100's Avatar
    Country
    Dominican Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

Shiwoon with ripped close look more like gmrs master....

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

BTW. There is no way Ghost Hands will give Shiwoon back to MAA. He wants Shiwoon all to himself. That guy had the look of the other doctor that wanted to use Shiwoons blood and body. The glasses guy doesn't know what to do now. Shiwoon is a high master level martial artist. The MAA won't be able to hold Shiwoon hostage like Sosul. Shiwoon is not helpless anymore. The govt is now f'ed because of this situation. I think Glasses guy will give Shiwoon to Ghost hands because he is probably the only one that has the power to restrain him by using acupuncture and other medical applications.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder did Goomoonryong defeat the ghost doctor in the past?.

http://www.mangareader.net/530-31633...hapter-25.html
    http://www.mangareader.net/the-breaker-new-waves/116/7

Goomoonryong opponents lost the same amount of teeth as the doctor.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member bighawke5's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Minato-sama View Post
    I wonder did Goomoonryong defeat the ghost doctor in the past?.

http://www.mangareader.net/530-31633...hapter-25.html
    http://www.mangareader.net/the-breaker-new-waves/116/7

Goomoonryong opponents lost the same amount of teeth as the doctor.
    I dont think we can even compare GMR to a top 10 grand master level, he is close though. I think GMR is hyuk's buttller's level or a little higher, as in he can survive an encounter with a "top ten grand master" level, but not defeat him...

basically it'll be a battle of high difficulty like it happened with kwon and Hyuk's Butler mustache guy..

my opinion anyways...
    Last edited by bighawke5; May 10, 2013 at 04:27 PM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Ketsurou's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Chun Woo is actually, more likely somewhere in between the level of the butler and Kwon. Do not forget his status as someone who turned Murim upside down, and who defeated several people (some of whom were likely at the butlers level) in the tournament that gained him the Goomoonryong title. Not to mention what he did through the chapters of The Breaker, killing several Moonjoo's and surviving several others.

And that's without his power in BOT. Chun Woo is a force to be reckoned with, and even Kwon would have a hard time in a death match against him.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member alisdfd's Avatar
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

glasses guy is annoying because he doesnt know that he failed and a shame

i think shiwoon has to run and hide in other to use his medication techniques to renew his ki circulation
    the needles may suspend ki for a short while hence why the old doctor said that he will not go far but shiwoon will hide

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member [ki{kk}o]'s Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ketsurou View Post
    Chun Woo is actually, more likely somewhere in between the level of the butler and Kwon. Do not forget his status as someone who turned Murim upside down, and who defeated several people (some of whom were likely at the butlers level) in the tournament that gained him the Goomoonryong title. Not to mention what he did through the chapters of The Breaker, killing several Moonjoo's and surviving several others.

And that's without his power in BOT. Chun Woo is a force to be reckoned with, and even Kwon would have a hard time in a death match against him.
    Well... he fought 3vs1 elders quite well and the chief himself was afraid of him. In the rooftop imho he was at 60% (without an arm) and in the last fight even less due to gunshots. I think he could be strong enough to compete about equally with kang sung and with his spirit and BOT, even kwon might have hard times. I said hard times because I don't believe he would do like hyuk's uncle... however isn't still enough for kwon's level.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Didn't GMR kill Kang Sung's master? Then he can fight with the 10 great Murim masters. Can he win? Hey it's always 50/50.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ketsurou View Post
    No, it wasn't. Smiling Blade used it on him. The only reason it didn't work the other time, when Cool Guy used it, is because of the way that ki pill worked to temporarily let him use ki. It bypassed his ki center by opening all of his accupunture points, allowing all of his ki to explode through his aura instead of being circulated through his ki center and internal meridians--or something to that effect. Since all of his accupuncture points were open by that medicine, using the points to cause ki damage didn't work.

However, now that he has a normal energy system again, it does work. That's why he fell to the ground and trembled in this chapter--the accupunture did nearly paralyze him, so the technique works. It's just that Shioon's will power is so strong that he overpowered it, and stood up even with that kind of damage.
    Maybe "useless' was bold of me but there is a difference for shioon between feeling pain and being incapacitated. If by 'working' you mean the attacks cause shioon pain then yes. If you mean paralysis then they aren't doing a very good job if shioon can shrug them off - the doctor's needles look like they were meant to keep shioon incapacitated.We don't know much about how the pill works to be that confident that they help counter pressure point attacks. Tbh, his large meridians sound more plausible. With respect to jigun' sattacks looks to me like it was pain as well as shioon's own fear that kept him floored, rather than a lack of functionaly that is paralysis.
    I think his special body is as much a factor as his will. I don't think any other person would function as well as shioon after the doc' s neeble attacks, if all they had to get by with was will. But if they had gigantic meridians, an enormous ki reserved in every cell of his body and a will as strong then it wouldn't surprise me that they bounce back from attacks like the doctor's that were obviously meant to stop one dead in their tracks.
    Last edited by blaise; May 10, 2013 at 11:46 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member S-H-I-G-U-R-E's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bighawke5 View Post
    I dont think we can even compare GMR to a top 10 grand master level, he is close though. I think GMR is hyuk's buttller's level or a little higher, as in he can survive an encounter with a "top ten grand master" level, but not defeat him...

basically it'll be a battle of high difficulty like it happened with kwon and Hyuk's Butler mustache guy..

my opinion anyways...
    Are you crazy?! GMR is, by definition, the strongest martial artist under heaven. He has proven himself able to do battle with the Martial Arts Alliance alone, single-handedly killing and maiming many masters and elites, one after the other. After fighting four Munjus and numerous elites, suffering from Ki depletion, a broken arm, and being shot, Chun-Woo fought and killed two more Munjus, fought and subdued So-Chun Hyuk and his three protectors, dispatched the Alliance Chief, and did battle with Kang-Sung. Not to mention he had to use more energies than needed because he was protecting Shi-Ho all the time. Do you really think any of the top 10 murim masters would be able to do the same?! In my opinion, none of them would even get close to that.

16. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast