Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (6/30/14 - 7/6/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 752 by cnet128 , Bleach 587 (2) , Gintama 501 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: The winner of group 9 is... ?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ulquiorra Cifer

32 80.00%
  • Zommari Rureaux

1 2.50%
  • Mayuri Kurotsuchi

7 17.50%
  • Marechiyo Ōmaeda

0 0%
Thread Closed
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Bleach Tournament: Group 9

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MiyamotoMusashi's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Bleach Tournament: Group 9

Don't forget to read the rules first before you proceed. You can click on character names below pictures to go to their Bleach wiki article for more information. Every character fights for himself/herself in group stage, there're no teams.

GROUP 9

Welcome to the Group 9 of the second Bleach Tournament!
    Here are the contestants who will battle against each other to advance to the next round in the ninth group:

Synopsis

Two Espada and two Shinigami face off in Group 9! Will the ever-cool-looking Ulquiorra taste defeat? Can fastest Espada Zommari pull a trick of his own or will it be the wicked intellect of Mayuri that will come out on top?!

Quotes

Ulquiorra: "No matter if you stand back up a thousand times, a path to victory doesn't exist."
    Zommari: "I shall grind that insolence of yours right into your body."
    Mayuri: "Do you want me to cut you up again?"
    Ōmaeda: "You shouldn't judge others by their appearances."
    Last edited by Hakuteiken; May 18, 2013 at 04:52 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach Tournament: Group 9

Ulquiorra is by definition stronger than Zommari. Omaeda is nothing special. So this fight comes down to Mayuri vs. Ulquiorra.

I'm voting Ulquiorra, but in an actual fight, Ulquiorra might not win that easily. Mayuri is unpredictable and could perhaps come up with a strategy that would work effectively against Ulquiorra or somehow block his regenerative ability or whatnot. Based on what we've seen, however, nothing in Mayuri's arsenal would be enough to stop Ulquiorra. Based on fighting abilities, Ulquiorra should be well above Mayuri.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm going to go Ulquiorra on this one, although Mayuri always leaves some doubts and is, of course, going to be problematic.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd like to see Ulquiorra survive Mayuri's poison. Not even Transcendental Aizen with his endless regeneration was immune to poison. It would end in a draw between those two, both dead.
    Last edited by Torran; May 18, 2013 at 12:40 PM.
    This might come in handy. Maybe one in more analysis to come:

The Thousand Year Blood War buildup and recap:
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...=1#post3091160

Country
    Nigeria
    Post Thanks / Like

There are many different strange ways to combat in bleach. An Individuals could take the direct approach with the sword or like Mayuri, the indirect approach. Victory has nothing to do with a character being the strongest, rather it has everything to do with the action that occurs in battle. It's a battle of chance.

Mayuri could poison the entire vicinity, subsequently leaving all his opponent's vulnerable to death. As powerful as Ulquiorra is, he is susceptible to that poison, so if care is not taken, he would die but probably not before he obliterates Mayuri with his highly destructive techs.

Winner: Ulquiorra or Mayuri. Everyone dies.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member darkprince0521's Avatar
    Country
    Bangladesh
    Post Thanks / Like

I feel Mayuri as most intriguing of all characters in Bleach; he is awesome, but his battle power is not that much of his significant point. i will be voting for Ulquiorra.
    Last edited by darkprince0521; May 18, 2013 at 02:48 PM.
    Naruto Forever

Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kay3795 View Post
    There are many different strange ways to combat in bleach. An Individuals could take the direct approach with the sword or like Mayuri, the indirect approach. Victory has nothing to do with a character being the strongest, rather it has everything to do with the action that occurs in battle. It's a battle of chance.

Mayuri could poison the entire vicinity, subsequently leaving all his opponent's vulnerable to death. As powerful as Ulquiorra is, he is susceptible to that poison, so if care is not taken, he would die but probably not before he obliterates Mayuri with his highly destructive techs.

Winner: Ulquiorra or Mayuri. Everyone dies.
    Do we know how Mayuri's poison works? If given time, Mayuri could probably do something to it so that it is not affected by Ulquiorras high-speed regeneration, but depending on the type of poison it is, it might be that Ulquiorra can recover at a pace that is at least as fast as he is being affected. Thus, he would survive.

Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Torran View Post
    I'd like to see Ulquiorra survive Mayuri's poison. Not even Transcendental Aizen with his endless regeneration was immune to poison. It would end in a draw between those two, both dead.
    Still, Ulquiorra would be the last one alive (if not giving a damn about poison, he could rip Mayuri to pieces), so my vote goes to him.
    Erfworld

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

Country
    Nigeria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Azuma View Post
    Do we know how Mayuri's poison works? If given time, Mayuri could probably do something to it so that it is not affected by Ulquiorras high-speed regeneration, but depending on the type of poison it is, it might be that Ulquiorra can recover at a pace that is at least as fast as he is being affected. Thus, he would survive.
    There is a misunderstanding of how poison would work here.

Mayuri's bankai, prior to the HM arc was capable of producing poison which has a large AOE. http://www.mangastream.to/bleach-cha...5-page-15.html http://www.mangastream.to/bleach-cha...26-page-7.html

This poison is designated by Mayuri in such a way that whomever inhales it will assuredly suffer internal damage. Internal damage is damage that occurs inside the fragile body, the bones, tissues, the organs, heart, brains & etc. Mayuri's bankai is killing the substance of the body that maintain the body & is responsible for keeping the body from functioning.

Ulquiorra's High Speed Regeneration is incapable of healing damages that occurs to his organs & brains http://www.mangastream.to/bleach-cha...64-page-7.html
    His death is inevitable once that poison is in him but as I said before, "but probably not before he obliterates Mayuri with his highly destructive techs" meaning all parties will die.

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm well aware of what internal damage means. And yes, in that case, Ulquiorra wouldn't be immune to it. However, there's no reason as to why Ulquiorra wouldn't be able to destroy Mayuri's Bankai like Ishida did. Even if Mayuri has improved, Ulquiorra is light-years ahead of Ishida in terms of strength so he shouldn't have any problems with doing that. Mayuri would thus be defeated before Ulquiorra is killed.

But at the same time the poison didn't seem to be too fast. With Sonido, Ulquiorra should be able to create distance between himself and Mayuri. By doing so, he could use his spears without being affected by the poison. I do not think Mayuri has the speed to dodge them.
    Last edited by Azuma; May 18, 2013 at 04:01 PM.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zimbardo's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

One important technique - and I am not sure of the rules relating to it in this fight - but is Mayuri allowed to use Nikushibuki in this tournament?
    If so, he can happily poison everyone and then turn totally invulnerable to their follow up attacks.
    Then he can wait it out until he wins the fight.

edit -

Have just realized, if this is allowed then there are very few people who can really beat Mayuri in this tournament (even though he is generally considered one of the 'weaker captains')
    Last edited by zimbardo; May 18, 2013 at 04:33 PM.
    Infinite RAGE!

Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zimbardo View Post
    One important technique - and I am not sure of the rules relating to it in this fight - but is Mayuri allowed to use Nikushibuki in this tournament?
    If so, he can happily poison everyone and then turn totally invulnerable to their follow up attacks.
    Then he can wait it out until he wins the fight.

edit -

Have just realized, if this is allowed then there are very few people who can really beat Mayuri in this tournament (even though he is generally considered one of the 'weaker captains')
    Hm, I know he said that he's vulnerable from any attack, but wouldn't something like Cero still work? Even if he's in a liquid form, Cero is pure energy and should be able to obliterate him.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Hm, I know he said that he's vulnerable from any attack, but wouldn't something like Cero still work? Even if he's in a liquid form, Cero is pure energy and should be able to obliterate him.
    Nope. As far as it reads - he is invulnerable to any attack. Cero is an attack - same as Ishida's arrows - therefore, he would be invulnerable to all forms of cero.
    The drawback is that he can not do anything back - but with the poison involved, he doesn't need to...
    Infinite RAGE!

Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm well aware of what it is stated, but that doesn't mean that it is true. There is no reason for it to be immune to something like Cero seeing as it is simply pure energy. Something a character says about himself isn't always true. In fact, it rarely is. According to Giriko, it was impossible fo.r Kenpachi to defeat him in that state, yet he lost from one hit

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm well aware of what it is stated, but that doesn't mean that it is true. There is no reason for it to be immune to something like Cero seeing as it is simply pure energy. Something a character says about himself isn't always true. In fact, it rarely is. According to Giriko, it was impossible fo.r Kenpachi to defeat him in that state, yet he lost from one hit
    But with the case of a cero, it is highly likely.
    Kidou are energy attacks - I am sure he would have included them in his description...
    Quincy techniques are energy attacks - He definitely included them in his description...

Why wouldn't he include Cero in this description of all attacks? Especially considering that the cero (not the special forms) are a basic hollow attack - one that he will most certainly know of.
    If immune to cero - and cero is simply 'pure energy' - then it gives strong possibility to him being immune to other forms of cero as well.
    Infinite RAGE!

Thread Closed
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast