Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (6/30/14 - 7/6/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 587 by BadKarma , Gintama 501 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: The winner of group 9 is... ?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ulquiorra Cifer

32 80.00%
  • Zommari Rureaux

1 2.50%
  • Mayuri Kurotsuchi

7 17.50%
  • Marechiyo Ōmaeda

0 0%
Thread Closed
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Bleach Tournament: Group 9

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach Tournament: Group 9

Quote Originally Posted by zimbardo View Post
    But with the case of a cero, it is highly likely.
    Kidou are energy attacks - I am sure he would have included them in his description...
    Quincy techniques are energy attacks - He definitely included them in his description...

Why wouldn't he include Cero in this description of all attacks? Especially considering that the cero (not the special forms) are a basic hollow attack - one that he will most certainly know of.
    If immune to cero - and cero is simply 'pure energy' - then it gives strong possibility to him being immune to other forms of cero as well.
    Logically speaking, I don't see how him turning himself into a liquid gives him immunity to any attacks. Realistically speaking, he should evaporate if hit by something like a powerful Cero.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zimbardo's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Azuma View Post
    Logically speaking, I don't see how him turning himself into a liquid gives him immunity to any attacks. Realistically speaking, he should evaporate if hit by something like a powerful Cero.
    Logically speaking - people should not be able to stand around a guy who is the same temperature as the surface of the sun. Logically speaking, the ground underneath him should not exist either.

World logic and manga logic are not the same thing.

In bleach world logic, attacking Mayuri in that state just spreads the liquid around. It does not damage the liquid, nor does it cause it to evaporate.

Mayuri is not a man who likes inaccuracy in statements. If something as simple as a cero could damage him, then he would not make such a blanket statement of him being immune to any/all attacks.

Can Ulquitorra kill him before he goes liquid - quite possibly (even though he appears to be able to survive lacking most of his body.....)
    However, once he has gone liquid, I see nothing that anyone else has that can damage/hurt him.

Once everyone is poisoned and he is liquid, then it is game over for everyone involved.

As long as that technique is not banned by the rules of this tournament...
    Infinite RAGE!

Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zimbardo View Post
    Logically speaking - people should not be able to stand around a guy who is the same temperature as the surface of the sun. Logically speaking, the ground underneath him should not exist either.

World logic and manga logic are not the same thing.

In bleach world logic, attacking Mayuri in that state just spreads the liquid around. It does not damage the liquid, nor does it cause it to evaporate.

Mayuri is not a man who likes inaccuracy in statements. If something as simple as a cero could damage him, then he would not make such a blanket statement of him being immune to any/all attacks.

Can Ulquitorra kill him before he goes liquid - quite possibly (even though he appears to be able to survive lacking most of his body.....)
    However, once he has gone liquid, I see nothing that anyone else has that can damage/hurt him.

Once everyone is poisoned and he is liquid, then it is game over for everyone involved.

As long as that technique is not banned by the rules of this tournament...
    Fair enough. Logic is perhaps inapplicable. But there has to be some limits as to what character can and cannot do. Otherwise, things like Ulquiorra simply running away immediately is another viable option. It's not up to me to decide what is and isn't possible in the tournament, though.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Fair enough. Logic is perhaps inapplicable. But there has to be some limits as to what character can and cannot do. Otherwise, things like Ulquiorra simply running away immediately is another viable option. It's not up to me to decide what is and isn't possible in the tournament, though.
    That is exactly why I am unsure if it is allowed or not.

Technically, he is still in the fight - it is the same as Tobi going to his alternative demension (Naruto) - however, he no longer can partake an active role in the fight once he has activated that move (whereas Tobi has a time limit before he is forced to reappear [to use him as an example])...

If a mod could comment, that would help.

If allowed, then Mayuri wins (in my opinion) - as I see no one being able to beat him before he poisons and then liquefies.
    If not, then Ulquitoria wins.

Zommari and Marechiyo have no chances.
    Infinite RAGE!

Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

At the same time, one can also say the fight could potentially end in a draw. If Mayuri were to use his Bankai and then liquidize himself, all Ulquiorra would need to do is just keep his distance. I'm sure Sonido is faster than the gas.

Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

At the same time, one can also say the fight could potentially end in a draw. If Mayuri were to use his Bankai and then liquidize himself, all Ulquiorra would need to do is just keep his distance. I'm sure Sonido is faster than the gas.
    If Mayuri turns to liquid, he's not in a state where he can fight anymore (it'd be too OP if he was). Let's just consider it the same as giving up.
    REVOLUTION! FREEDOM!

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Zeta42's Avatar
    Country
    Ukraine
    Post Thanks / Like

Omaeda? Is this a joke?

If Mayuri can't use Kido (namely, barriers to stop Amor), then Zommari will f**k him up good. He can actually kill Mayuri if he makes him drop his sword - that way, Mayuri won't be able to liquefy himself and escape.

However, Ulquiorra will pwn Zommari even unreleased.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Ulquiorra would win this easily. He outclasses zommari in everything bar speed. Mayuri lacks the nessariy physical feats, omeada is just fodder in this matchup.

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

LOOOOL, I'm sorry for mayuri,who seems pretty strong, but ulquiorra was likely the strongest espada: segunda etapa??? such a power!

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Buzz Killington's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Ulquiorra takes this fight comfortably. We know he's stronger than Zommari and Omaeda isn't a factor. Mayuri wouldn't be able to defeat Ulq in his first release unless he gets some very favorable conditions, not even factoring in his R2

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eefrit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

If Mayuri had preptime I'm sure he could cook up something that could face Ulquiorra, but I'm assuming he doesn't so Ulquiorra takes this quite easily.

Little tocs-Coming Soon 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Interesting battle. We have two espada and one captain. I voted for Ulquiorra because I think he has bigger guns to inflict fatal damage and I think along with speed.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Mayuri would win. Hes the most dangerous here. Ulquiorra said there were 3 espada stronger than him. So theres no "hes the strongest espada". Along with that he can't regenerate internalorgans, which is what Mayuri's poison targets. On top of that he has a bag of tricks including the liquid form. Zommari could probably use amore on Ulquiorra tbh. I don't think it would matter with Mayuri. He could do a Byakuya if the other 3 aren't choking already. You can't beat him straight forward, but these opponents are the straight forward type. Maybe not so much with Zommari.

Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by freshseth83 View Post
    Mayuri would win. Hes the most dangerous here. Ulquiorra said there were 3 espada stronger than him. So theres no "hes the strongest espada". Along with that he can't regenerate internalorgans, which is what Mayuri's poison targets. On top of that he has a bag of tricks including the liquid form. Zommari could probably use amore on Ulquiorra tbh. I don't think it would matter with Mayuri. He could do a Byakuya if the other 3 aren't choking already. You can't beat him straight forward, but these opponents are the straight forward type. Maybe not so much with Zommari.
    Ulqui was number 4 without Segunda Etapa. And, well, you saw the difference between it and first Resurreccion. That's what leads people to believe he's the strongest. At least, full power Ulqui > full power Harribel, from battle feats. And the difference between numbers 4 and 7 is clear.

Mayuri would probably be able to poison Ulquiorra, but he'd still be taken down, provided Ulqui doesn't give a damn about poison and goes for the direct kill with speed that Ichigo shouldn't follow. And like I said, liquification should be considered "can't fight anymore".
    REVOLUTION! FREEDOM!

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Although I agree that Nikushibuki is OP in this situation - according to M3J it is 'probably' allowed. Therefore I am voting for Mayuri.
    Poison, then liquify.
    Not that my vote will probably matter - Ulquitoria will win this one (even if I believe he shouldn't).
    Infinite RAGE!

Thread Closed
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast