Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 (2)

View Poll Results: The winner of group 9 is... ?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ulquiorra Cifer

    32 80.00%
  • Zommari Rureaux

    1 2.50%
  • Mayuri Kurotsuchi

    7 17.50%
  • Marechiyo Ōmaeda

    0 0%
Thread Closed
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 31 to 38 of 38

Thread: Bleach Tournament: Group 9

  1. #31
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member NoOneInParticular's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Nowhere in particular
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    747
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach Tournament: Group 9

    I wouldn't be so quick to discount Zommari. His Amor is a very tricky ability. Whilst I doubt Ulquiorra would have any trouble dealing with Gemelos Sonido, even he isn't agile enough to evade Zommari's very sight. Ulquiorra does have more powerful AoE attacks, but Amor is near instantaneous. Mayuri's toxin can kill the lot of them though, so he's not to be discounted. But again, Zommari could assume control of Ashisogi Jizou, and whilst Mayuri can make it self-destruct, Zommari has 50-something other eyes to use on Mayuri himself. It's in a fight like this, with multiple combatants all trying to concentrate on each other that Zommari's power is most advantageous.

    As for Omaeda, what the hell is he even doing there, lol? The most he can do is run away, except both Espada are faster than him and Mayuri can disable him in any number of ways.

  2. #32
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Country
    United States
    Age
    31
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,704
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach Tournament: Group 9

    Quote Originally Posted by 0Xellos View Post
    Ulqui was number 4 without Segunda Etapa. And, well, you saw the difference between it and first Resurreccion. That's what leads people to believe he's the strongest. At least, full power Ulqui > full power Harribel, from battle feats. And the difference between numbers 4 and 7 is clear.

    Mayuri would probably be able to poison Ulquiorra, but he'd still be taken down, provided Ulqui doesn't give a damn about poison and goes for the direct kill with speed that Ichigo shouldn't follow. And like I said, liquification should be considered "can't fight anymore".
    I'm going to have to disagree with you. Segunda etapa didn't change his rank. He admitted that there were 3 stronger than him. Plain and simple. Yammy had a second release as well. He even felt Ulquiorra's 2nd release. Said that every espada was nothing compared to him. How can you 'not give a damn about poison'? It's going to be there if he gets within range of Mayuri. He can't shoot him with cero the whole battle. There doesn't seem a way around it unless he has a hax ability, which Ulquiorra lacks.

  3. #33
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Country
    Slovakia
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,427
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach Tournament: Group 9

    Quote Originally Posted by freshseth83 View Post
    I'm going to have to disagree with you. Segunda etapa didn't change his rank. He admitted that there were 3 stronger than him. Plain and simple. Yammy had a second release as well. He even felt Ulquiorra's 2nd release. Said that every espada was nothing compared to him. How can you 'not give a damn about poison'? It's going to be there if he gets within range of Mayuri. He can't shoot him with cero the whole battle. There doesn't seem a way around it unless he has a hax ability, which Ulquiorra lacks.
    Would you show me where in the manga it claims that 2nd release Ulqui is still 4th? I have trouble believing it, given his performance against Ichigo and Harribel's against Iceboy and company. And we don't know if Yammy's changing form in Resurreccion was a segunda etapa or just plain and simple "the more you enrage me, the stronger (read: bigger) I become". His number changed because he was Espada 0 to begin with, there's no reason for the same to happen with Ulqui just becuase he releases. And don't listen to Yammy saying he's the strongest - in the end, he was just big and resilient. Nnoitra also called himself the strongest.

    By "not giving a damn about poison", I mean that if the question is who's the last man alive/capable of fighting here, then Ulqui can just breathe the poison and crush Mayuri using his superior direct combat skills, which are no doubt above Mayuri to an extent that hes able to kill Mayuri before poison kills him. That means Ulqui is the last man alive, but dying from the poison A similar "strategy" to Ishida when he faced Mayuri in Letzt Stil.
    Erfworld

    Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

  4. #34
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zimbardo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Posts
    1,038
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach Tournament: Group 9

    Quote Originally Posted by 0Xellos View Post
    By "not giving a damn about poison", I mean that if the question is who's the last man alive/capable of fighting here, then Ulqui can just breathe the poison and crush Mayuri using his superior direct combat skills, which are no doubt above Mayuri to an extent that hes able to kill Mayuri before poison kills him. That means Ulqui is the last man alive, but dying from the poison A similar "strategy" to Ishida when he faced Mayuri in Letzt Stil.
    A similar strategy, except for the fact that, even though it didn't appear that way, Mayuri won that fight. This is because, Mayuri would have ended up unscathed and, had Nemu not been there, Ishida would have died from the poison.
    Infinite RAGE!

  5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  6. #35
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member NoOneInParticular's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Nowhere in particular
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    747
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach Tournament: Group 9

    You know, I'm really not sure how much of a boost Segunda Etapa gave Ulquiorra. He went from outspeeding and beating Ichigo up in his Primera Etapa to outspeeding and beating Ichigo up in Segunda. I honestly think the reason Kubo even gave Ulquiorra a second release was because he was unhappy with the design of the first one. That dress... But anyway, there's no telling how much stronger it actually made him. And comparing his performance against Ichigo to harribel's against Hitsugaya doesn't make it any clearer, since Ulquiorra was >Ichigo in both forms. So if Harribel was stronger than his 1st form there's nothing to really suggest she wasn't also stronger than his 2nd.

  7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  8. #36
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Country
    Slovakia
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,427
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach Tournament: Group 9

    Quote Originally Posted by zimbardo View Post
    A similar strategy, except for the fact that, even though it didn't appear that way, Mayuri won that fight. This is because, Mayuri would have ended up unscathed and, had Nemu not been there, Ishida would have died from the poison.
    Mayuri would've died had Ishida aimed for the head. His aim was definitely intentional - in the end deciding not to kill Mayuri for revenge, and required by the plot While Ishida would've died, Mayuri didn't and wouldn't have ended up unscathed.

    ---------- Post added at 10:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by NoOneInParticular View Post
    You know, I'm really not sure how much of a boost Segunda Etapa gave Ulquiorra. He went from outspeeding and beating Ichigo up in his Primera Etapa to outspeeding and beating Ichigo up in Segunda. I honestly think the reason Kubo even gave Ulquiorra a second release was because he was unhappy with the design of the first one. That dress... But anyway, there's no telling how much stronger it actually made him. And comparing his performance against Ichigo to harribel's against Hitsugaya doesn't make it any clearer, since Ulquiorra was >Ichigo in both forms. So if Harribel was stronger than his 1st form there's nothing to really suggest she wasn't also stronger than his 2nd.
    There are some differences. Ulquiorra was clearly outspeeding Ichigo in 1st form, but they were clashing swords - Ichigo was able to react instinctively at least to the point of being able to survive. There was a beatdown, but a slow one. When Ulqui went 2nd form, the beatdown just got massive. Ichigo's reactions were delayed to after he's hit. Notice the expression "wat?": http://www.mangareader.net/94-802-15...apter-348.html
    Erfworld

    Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

  9. #37
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zimbardo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Posts
    1,038
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach Tournament: Group 9

    Quote Originally Posted by 0Xellos View Post
    Mayuri would've died had Ishida aimed for the head. His aim was definitely intentional - in the end deciding not to kill Mayuri for revenge, and required by the plot While Ishida would've died, Mayuri didn't and wouldn't have ended up unscathed.
    And Ishida would have died had Mayuri decided to stab him in the face when he knew Ishida to be paralyzed...
    Thing is, Ishida didn't aim for the head (or maybe couldn't as he had a giant baby-faced caterpillar blocking his view) and neither did Mayuri.
    Mayuri did, however, leave Ishida to die (expecting that he would in the end from the poison).
    Plot saved both of their asses it seems...

    Quote Originally Posted by 0Xellos View Post
    There are some differences. Ulquiorra was clearly outspeeding Ichigo in 1st form, but they were clashing swords - Ichigo was able to react instinctively at least to the point of being able to survive. There was a beatdown, but a slow one. When Ulqui went 2nd form, the beatdown just got massive. Ichigo's reactions were delayed to after he's hit. Notice the expression "wat?": http://www.mangareader.net/94-802-15...apter-348.html
    Thing is, Ichigo didn't fight Harribel, Barragan or Stark - therefore we are unable to see how he could react to them in speed/skill (in fact, Stark moved so fast before that Ichigo [and Kenpachi] thought that he just disappeared).
    Ichigo also got trashed by Yammy for that matter...
    Last edited by zimbardo; May 22, 2013 at 01:56 AM.
    Infinite RAGE!

  10. #38
    ~ Forum Fixer ~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Miyagi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Country
    Winterfell
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,032
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach Tournament: Group 9

    Results

    Ulquiorra Cifer32
    Mayuri Kurotsuchi 7
    Zommari Rureaux1
    Marechiyo Ōmaeda0


    Ulquiorra Cifer is the winner of Group 9.

    You can discuss the results in Bleach Tournament Discussion Thread.

Thread Closed
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts