Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (6/30/14 - 7/6/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 752 by cnet128 , Bleach 587 (2) , Gintama 501 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: The winner of group 10 is... ?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
    The results in this poll are hidden.
  • Gin Ichimaru

The results are hidden 0%
  • Yoruichi Shihōin

• Lisa Yadōmaru

• Yumichika Ayasegawa

Thread Closed
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bleach Tournament: Group 10

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MiyamotoMusashi's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Bleach Tournament: Group 10

Don't forget to read the rules first before you proceed. You can click on character names below pictures to go to their Bleach wiki article for more information. Every character fights for himself/herself in group stage, there're no teams.

GROUP 10

Welcome to the Group 10 of the second Bleach Tournament!
    Here are the contestants who will battle against each other to advance to the next round in the tenth group:

Synopsis

Gray-hero Gin is up against the Goddess of Flash, Vaizard Lisa and pompous vice-captain Yumichika! Will someone be able to open his eyes or will he prevail without losing his smile?!

Quotes

Gin: "I crawl around, looking for prey with the tip of my tongue, and when I find one I take a liking to, I swallow it whole."
    Yoruichi: "Even though we haven't seen each other for a long time, you don't seem to have gotten any stronger."
    Lisa: "I'm going to show you just how strong I've become!"
    Yumichika: "If you were a little bit less ugly, I might have spared your life."
    Last edited by Hakuteiken; May 18, 2013 at 05:12 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach Tournament: Group 10

This is actually a pretty interesting fight. Yumichika's Shikai is pretty damn dangerous and can be difficult to handle. But I can't see him potentially bringing down someone like Gin. Perhaps he'd be able to finish Lisa/Yoruichi off like that given that they don't have any strong long-range attacks and that draining reiatsu is effective against anyone, captain or not. Gin was practically able to toy with Ichigo while Isshin was fighting Aizen. If Yumichika were able to catch Gin with his Shikai, then Gin's extending Zanpaktou is actually a great counter, in my opinion. In fact, I'd say that Gin's Zanpaktou is great in a battle like this, given that he can strike from both long-range and short-range. He can also catch them off-guard while fighting each other and strike them down, like he did to Hiyori when she was about to engage Aizen.

Yoruichi could perhaps defeat Gin if she were to go all-out, including Bankai. As of yet, however, it's hard to see how she would do so given that she has yet to reveal her Bankai and I don't think that her speed is enough to bring Gin down. With his Bankai, Gin could kill her with one strike. The same goes for Lisa. She could perhaps keep up with Yoruichi and definitely with Yumichika, but I don't see her pulling anything out that would overwhelm Gin.

Lisa is a strong and capable fighter and could perhaps fight on par with Yoruchi while using her Hollow Mask. Gin shouldn't have any problems with keeping up with their speeds' either given that he was capable of keeping up with Ichigo. Gin's Zanpaktou

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

It's all between yoruichi and gin here. Yumicka would die immeadatly. Lisa has no defence against gin's buto or buto renji. Yoruichi has the nessariy reactions to avoid given her ability to react to chrysalis aizen. Both should be able to basically oneshot each other. However gin needs to touch his opponent chest for his poison to work. Yoruichi showed the abilty to heavily crack aizen's shell with her punches. Although I believe he was holding back. It's still base aizen+shell made by the hogyoku. A punch to the face would wreck gin most likely. However gin would be able to keep her at bay so I'd give it to him eventually.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Zeta42's Avatar
    Country
    Ukraine
    Post Thanks / Like

This is difficult to decide. Yumichika is strong, but hardly strong enough to fight against Gin or Yoruichi. Not sure about Lisa, though. I think they might be equal in strength. So it should be Gin vs. Yoruichi. I wonder if her Flash Step is faster than his bankai. He needs to hit her just once, and then he can leave a piece of his blade inside her and use Kill, Kamishini no Yari. On the other hand, we know nothing about Yoruichi's zanpakuto.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zimbardo's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroi Getsu View Post
    However gin needs to touch his opponent chest for his poison to work. Yoruichi showed the abilty to heavily crack aizen's shell with her punches. Although I believe he was holding back. It's still base aizen+shell made by the hogyoku. A punch to the face would wreck gin most likely. However gin would be able to keep her at bay so I'd give it to him eventually.
    I am not sure he actually did need to touch Aizen's chest for the poison to activate - but rather he did that so he could instantly grab the Hougyoku as soon as Aizen's body disintegrated.
    Infinite RAGE!

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

nice fight, youruichi and gin are the issue. gin's sword is fast,but so is yoruichi. uhm,really don't know which one is stronger... I willl have to wait for people who know the manga better than I do,and then I will copy their choice.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Buzz Killington's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yumichika's pretty much fodder here, even to Lisa. Lisa's formidable but she's not beating Gin using Bankai or Yoruichi, so those two are who it comes down to

Between them is a tough call, but I'll go with Gin here since he's capable of wielding his Bankai, while Yoruichi will be barehanded

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eefrit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow! This is an interesting match! Each person here has something that can't be underestimated. While Gin and Yoruichi are both Captain-Class, Lisa is a Visored whose power allowed her to keep up with Haribel (although it was a team up) and Yumichika's shikai can drain reiatsu. Seeing as how easily Gin and Yoruichi kept up with Ichigo and Aizen respectively, I guess Lisa would be outclassed. And Yumichika probably wouldn't have time to really activate his ability, so I guess it's between Gin and Yoruichi.

Their match would be one of speed, with the first hit being the decisive blow. I'm assuming she is as fast if not faster than Ichigo so she should be able to keep away from Gin's Bankai, but one wrong move could end her. However the same could be said for Gin. If her Shunko lands on him, I think he'd be down for the count. Hmm, I'm going to go with Yoruichi. I think she is fast enough to dodge Kamishini no Yari and deal the final blow to Gin with Shunko.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yup. I agree. Shunko could end it. Shes way faster than Gin. Even Ichigo was able to react to Gin's sword... in bankai. Yoruichi is defintely faster than him. Not only in speed but reflexes as well. She can use Shunko not only as offense, but defense as she canceled out Soi-Fong's death in two steps. I wouldn't be voting for Gin knowing that. Yumichika is ashamed of his swords ability so hes reluctant to use it. Hes outclassed here. Lisa is a wildcard but still not on the level Gin is. She wouldn't beat him and definitely not the queen of flash.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, ichigo kinda reacted to gin's bankai but only at first. Once gin got serious with his bunto thingy things were quite grim for him overall and it was gin who was comfortably telling ichigo to run away while he could. Gin's bunto as it was shown has speed, range and a wide area of effect, I am not sure yoruichi could actually handle that to be honest. She would definitely hold her ground but I would think the bunto thing gets more dangerous as she gets closer to gin. She would have to outspeed him to a degree where she could get to his back without him even reacting. Anything less than that and she ends up being dangerously close to what is potentially the fastest bankai we have seen. To boot an actual hit from his bankai is lethal while yoruichi is not necessarily in a position to match that. Given the multiple opponents I could see lisa holding her ground but I can't imagine her winning.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Jackk's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I believe Yumichika is pretty much a non-factor here. Sure, he's got a hax shikai... but based on what we've seen, he's far weaker than the other fighters here. Frankly I could see Lisa, Yoruichi, and Gin breaking out of Yumichika's shikai vines if he were to somehow get them caught.... and this is assuming he even use his true shikai. I could even see Yumichika getting blized and taken out early on.

I believe Lisa is captain level of some sort, even in base. At the time of Ichigo's training for suppressing his inner hollow, Lisa was holding her own for 10 whole minutes against a hollow bankai Ichigo. And she was shown on the offensive with her sealed zanpakutou and no Mask (that version of Ichigo may not have been intelligent, which may have helped in keeping it at bay;however, that does not change the fact that the hollow still had power and was trying to kill Lisa (not to mention that Shinji told Lisa not to kill Ichigo). And, in fact, Lisa even commented on that beast's strength, which was even more than she had expected. She was also worried for Kensei)

And then also in FKT, Lisa was shown clashing in CQC for X amount of time against a released Harribel.

I don't place Lisa up there with Yoruich and Gin though. I see Lisa going down at some point...

Yoruichi apparently reacted to Chrysalis Aizen's attack/swing enough to block (Not to mention that she was actually somewhat distracted when Chrysalis Aizen went after her since Yoruichi was talking to Urahara. Also, Yoruichi claims that she would have dodged the attack had she not had the armor to block instead... which I believe is something else to consider at least). I can see her blocking and/or dodging Gin's strikes (not that I think Gin cannot hit her at all or that it would be impossible).

Also, there's the fact that the anti-hierro armor and Shunko also give defensive properties to Yoruichi. Granted how much extra defense her anti-hierro armor and Shunko provides is speculation and can be relative, but I do believe it's something to consider.

I'm also having a hard time seeing Gin surviving the force and power of Yoruichi's shunko strikes (imagine something like this with Shunko active, or heck even just one well placed shunko punch similar to what she did to Chrysalis Aizen). Further, Yoruichi could also use Shunko from a distance, it not to attack then at least perhaps as some sort of distraction. There's also stuff such as Utsusemi that she could use to get out of a tight spot and/or perhaps even gain an opening to attack Gin.

On the other hand though, I do believe that Gin has a pretty hax Bankai. Quick extensions and retractions with his zanpakutou could be pretty deadly (especially at close range), and if Gin manages to land a good hit and leaves his bankai poison in Yoruichi.... he could kill her.

Anyway, I suppose I see it going either way between Yoruichi and Gin.

I'm giving my vote to Yoruichi.
    Last edited by Jackk; May 21, 2013 at 09:43 PM.

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

I do think Gin's abilities are being underestimated here. Is Yoruichi really that much faster than Ichigo in the first place? When Gin fought Ichigo, he had no problems with keeping up with Ichigo's speed. In contrast, Ichigo could not do anything against Gin. I do not think Yoruichi would be able to defeat Gin, especially with the lack of intel.

There's also the fact that this isn't simply a one-on-one. If Yoruichi and Lisa were to face off, for example, Gin could kill either one of them from a distance like he did to Hiyori. So the issue here is also whether or not Yoruichi/Lisa choose to go after Gin first.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, yes she is. She was almost on par with Chrysalis Aizen in terms of speed. The only person to speed blitz Aizen was Yama before WW came out of nowhere before Yama got his punch in. But not only is she fast, shes strong. She doesn't use a zanpakuto! She made soi-fong look like a rookie, and 'mastered' shunko (up for debate). I doubt Gin is in the same realm as her. Shes a master of hakudo and shunpo. She bested Byakuya in terms of speed/movement in ss arc while being out of practice for who knows how long! Gin isn't slow but compared to Yoruichi he's not special in the speed department.

Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Soi Fon IS a rookie though. She is perhaps only stronger than Komamura, really.

I do not think the battle with Chrysalis Aizen is a good indication of her speed though. It's not like Aizen tried to outrun anyone. He was practically standing still the whole time. I guess the issue here is that neither Yoruichi or Gin have been shown to go all-out. Large chunks of Gin's fight against Ichigo was off-paneled and we mainly saw Ichigo flying into buildings. I do not think Gin went all out there. At the same time, Yoruichi should be capable of so much more. However, I still think Gin would come out victorious, mainly because his Bankai would be very hard to handle if the opponent has no idea about what it can do. If Gin were to time his attack right, he could potentially 1-hit KO Yoruichi by catching her off-guard.

On an unrelated note, the battle between Isshin/Urahara/Yoruichi vs. Aizen has always flustered me. To this day, I do not understand the logic of neither Isshin, Urahara or Yoruichi going all out. It makes sense in the way that Kubo had not wanted to end Bleach there and wanted to keep some of the suspense and mysteries of these characters alive, but it doesn't make any sense in the context. What if Aizen would successfully carry his plan out because all three practically let themselves get beaten?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eefrit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Soi Fon is far from a rookie. She may be one of the younger Captains, but she is still a Captain and the fastest Captain in SS after Yamamoto I'm assuming.

Aizen wasn't moving anywhere fast, that is true, but she still outmaneuvered his reflexes and caught him off guard several times. It doesn't really matter if he went all out, we have to use what he had shown to make a decision. Same with Yoruichi. I'm pretty sure Yoruichi is intelligent enough to figure out Gin's ability. And if Yoruichi catches Gin off guard he could be one shot as well.

It's probably the same deal with not showing Shunsui's bankai. He didn't want to give the impression that Aizen could have been beaten then and there.

Thread Closed
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast