Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2) , Gintama 509 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: The winner of group 12 is... ?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
    The results in this poll are hidden.
  • Coyote Starrk

The results are hidden 0%
  • Tōshirō Hitsugaya

• Gantenbainne Mosqueda

• Shūhei Hisagi

Thread Closed
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bleach Tournament: Group 12

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity MiyamotoMusashi's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Bleach Tournament: Group 12

Don't forget to read the rules first before you proceed. You can click on character names below pictures to go to their Bleach wiki article for more information. Every character fights for himself/herself in group stage, there're no teams.

GROUP 12

Welcome to the Group 12 of the second Bleach Tournament!
    Here are the contestants who will battle against each other to advance to the next round in the twelfth group:

Synopsis

Primera espada is against a fellow arrancar, rising star of Gotei 13, and a vice captain who is known to overcome impossible odds. Does Starrk have enough fire power to bombard his opponents? Can Hitsugaya knock them cold? Does Gantenbainne have what it takes to show that he's still espada class? Is Hisagi too sneaky for others to handle?

Quotes

Starrk: "Game over. If you make a run for it, I won't chase you."
    Hitsugaya: "As a thank you for your lecture, I'll teach you something. The time you implement your greatest technique is the time of greatest crisis. This too is an inviolable law of battle."
    Gantenbainne: "In the end, you are no match for me."
    Hisagi: "He who does not fear the sword he holds is not worthy of holding a sword."
    Last edited by Miyagi; May 21, 2013 at 02:17 AM.

The Original 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach Tournament: Group 12

Starkk vs. Hitsugaya, not going to be a one-sided affair from the word go. Both of them can attack from distance. I see Starkk as a winner. The speed of his attacks is greater, Cero Metralleta is a fatal attack. Also, he has the wolves. For close range comabt, Starkk has Colmillo and he showed he was pretty good.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Zeta42's Avatar
    Country
    Ukraine
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [Ongoing] Bleach Tournament: Group 12

It's hard to pick a winner here. Hisagi has bankai now, so he should be at least equal to Hitsugaya. That being said, he might even have a chance against Starrk. Even his shikai should be enough against those wolves, if he is fast enough. Not so sure about Cero Metralleta, though. Hitsugaya's bankai should be more useful against someone like Starrk. Ah, whatever, I choose Hitsugaya.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member darkprince0521's Avatar
    Country
    Bangladesh
    Post Thanks / Like

Starrk is the winner here. i don't even see any competition for him.
    Naruto Forever

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zimbardo's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

No one can match Starks speed or power.
    Sure Toshiro is versatile, but, unfortunately, I am not sure that this will help him in this matchup.
    He has not shown the speed or defence to deal with Starks repeated cero barrage for one.
    Infinite RAGE!

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

If we'd seen Hitsugaya's completed bankai, the battle might've ended up being in his favour. But based on what we've seen from Hitsu, Starrk takes this. Hisagi and Gantenbainne are wholly irrelevant.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eefrit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Like his counterpart Shunsui, Starrk takes this round. If Hitsugaya was just equaling Haribel with the added benefit of her water, I don't see him doing to well against Starrk. Wait...are we assuming that Liliynette is with him? Because that could be an important detail.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Starrk wins this with considerable ease. Starrk is a bad match-up for Hitsugaya to be honest.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Buzz Killington's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta42 View Post
    Hisagi has bankai now, so he should be at least equal to Hitsugaya
    That's a pretty strange thing to say. Why'd you say it? (Unless you mean current shikai hitsugaya, which I'd say is much more believable

Anyway, Starrk is the clear victor here. To be honest, he could take this fight even if it were a 3 vs 1, given his abilities are well suited at handling multiple opponents (And he's handled two Captains, on two different occasions. First occasion being Shunsui and Ukitake)

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Hitsugaya can probably puts up more of a fight against Stark now, that he obtains "True bankai" or whatever that is. Unfortunately, we never see this bankai used to its full potential.

But then, if this is 1-1, Stark may not have Lilynette with him.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member darkprince0521's Avatar
    Country
    Bangladesh
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    Hitsugaya can probably puts up more of a fight against Stark now, that he obtains "True bankai" or whatever that is. Unfortunately, we never see this bankai used to its full potential.

But then, if this is 1-1, Stark may not have Lilynette with him.
    But so far I can remember, Lilynette is Starrk. they both are one single existence. if the organizers of the tournament decided to pose Lilynette as competitor, they should reconsider it.
    Naruto Forever

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member NoOneInParticular's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Starrk takes it pretty comfortably imo. Neither him nor Hitsugaya should struggle with Gantenbainne, and even less with Hisagi, neither of whom have any tricky abilities to make up for the difference in raw power. Then again it depends on whether Hisagi can get a sneak attack in like he did with Tousen, but since there are enough participants in this battle to keep everyone busy, I don't see it happening.

So it's between Starrk and Hitsu, and I'd give it to Starrk. Hitsugaya's powers aren't particularly well suited to defending against a barrage of Ceros, to say nothing of Starrk's wolves. Whilst Hitsu's power is good in that it allows him to attack in a number of varying ways, Starrk's skills allow him to do the same, only he's stronger.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Kazu-Sama's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Starkk wins this with immense ease. Shunsui/Ukitake together, with the help of some Vaizard, were the ones to beat Starkk. Hitsu on his own, or even Hitsu with a VC and Arrancar on his side, doesn't stand a chance. Hitsu's ice armour couldn't stand up to Luppi, so wolves will beat it no problem.

Epic Brofist!

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by darkprince0521 View Post
    But so far I can remember, Lilynette is Starrk. they both are one single existence. if the organizers of the tournament decided to pose Lilynette as competitor, they should reconsider it.
    Indeed, Lilynette is a part of Starkk's existence, so, they aren't two different entities. So, Starkk is in tournament as we saw him fight against Kyouraku, Ukitake, Love and Rose, a la at full power, so to say.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I doubt hisagi is even vaguely close to hitsugaya, specially in terms of reiatsu. He might have learned to release his bankai but there is far more to being a captain than a measly bankai. Hitsugaya was in fact a captain level shinigami with proper captain level capabilities. The most we have seen from hisagi is VC level power over which he would have a bankai. Hitsugaya would have defeated harribel with an incomplete bankai were it not for wonderweiss interfering.

As for the outcome.... Well, on one hand starrk is damn dangerous and it is specially relevant that his abilities are more than ideal to handle multiple opponents at one time. On the other hand there is the consideration that hitsugaya has a pretty damn big bankai which he apparently finally mastered over the timeskip. As I said, he already defeated tercera with the incomplete version, just how damn powerful must the complete version be? Hisagi with bankai or not would end up dead from merely being in close proximity to hitsugaya's bankai. gantenbaine is a former espada so odds are he will fare a little better however he is still a non issue against a couple of starrk's wolves or ceros. Pre time skip I would go for starrk but if hitsugaya has actually mastered his bankai then I wouldn't count him out after the timeskip.

Thread Closed
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast