Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo

View Poll Results: The winner of group 15 is... ?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
    The results in this poll are hidden.
  • Kisuke Urahara

The results are hidden 0%
  • Äs Nödt

• Renji Abarai

• Moe Shishigawara

Thread Closed
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Bleach Tournament: Group 15

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity MiyamotoMusashi's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Bleach Tournament: Group 15

Don't forget to read the rules first before you proceed. You can click on character names below pictures to go to their Bleach wiki article for more information. Every character fights for himself/herself in group stage, there're no teams.

GROUP 15

Welcome to the Group 15 of the second Bleach Tournament!
    Here are the contestants who will battle against each other to advance to the next round in the fifteenth group:

Synopsis

Urahara, Renji, Shishigawara and Nodt engage in a battle of will and nothing will stop them until they have prevailed over their enemies! Will kisuke's smart's be enough to fight his way to the top? Will Shishigawara luck his way to victory? Will Nodt purge the filthy shinigami and hollow like opponents before him? Will Renji prevail against his enemies?

Quotes

Urahara: "Puh-Lease! I'm just a lowly-but-handsome merchant. How could I possibly perform Bankai?"
    Nodt: "But true fear is without reason. It is not an emotion, but an instinct. True fear occurs without reason, without bounds. It is like a swarm of insects crawling up the body. We cannot escape from our instincts."
    Renji:"Showing concern for a warrior's life on the battlefield is an insult to that warrior."
    Shishigawara:"I'm gonna show you how man I am by pounding your face into the ground!!"
    Last edited by Miyagi; May 26, 2013 at 12:02 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach Tournament: Group 15

Urahara.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't think its as clear cut as some may think. As Nodt has a crazy ability and bankai stealing aside, is probably the most dangerous Quincy of the invading forces. Renji is close to captain but not enough to go head to head with Nodt. Urahara hasn't shown bankai, so gotta look at his shikai and kido along with his 'tricks' like portable gigai. Would that be enough to beat As Nodt? I'm on the fence.

Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

There's no point in even discussing this one. Urahara will definitely win.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

How? With benehime's shikai abilities alone? I can't see that happening. Maybe combined with kido assaults and buying time with his portable gigai. It's not a straight forward win, if even a win.

Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by freshseth83 View Post
    How? With benehime's shikai abilities alone? I can't see that happening. Maybe combined with kido assaults and buying time with his portable gigai. It's not a straight forward win, if even a win.
    He's a sneaky and flexible character that would undoubtedly find some strategy that would work against As Nodt. She didn't show off much other than paralyzing hconer opponents' with fear and using their Bankai against him.

Most importantly, however, is that at the end of the day, this is a popularity contest and Urahara is one of the most popular characters.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Popularity contest? That's funny, thought this was about fantasy match ups using manga evidence to make a decision. People who vote because it's "their favorite character" do this tournament an injustice.

Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Hold on, Sushigawara had a first name? Life is full of new discoveries everyday

I'm voting Ass Knot here. Urahara showed something that makes me believe he'd have a hard time against the VR quincies: he waited for Kirge to let his Blut (and awareness) down and only then did he shoot Kirge. That would imply that he doesn't have the firepower to penetrate Blut Vene easily enough (or he's just trolling and hiding his true, awesome power when spectating the fight).
    But even without that, beyond basic captain level skill, Urahara's mostly shown just Kido and intellect, and has never gone into a difficult fight without preparation and/or alone, which really makes me rank him low here, even if he's one of my fav characters

At least Ass Knot showed a terrifying special ability (pun intended), Blut, basic quincy skills and effectively pulverized countless shinigami. Has the gender been confirmed, I wonder? I guess I'm too tired to post seriously...
    Erfworld

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by freshseth83 View Post
    Popularity contest? That's funny, thought this was about fantasy match ups using manga evidence to make a decision. People who vote because it's "their favorite character" do this tournament an injustice.
    Regardless, it does still happen.

Quote Originally Posted by 0Xellos View Post
    Hold on, Sushigawara had a first name? Life is full of new discoveries everyday

I'm voting Ass Knot here. Urahara showed something that makes me believe he'd have a hard time against the VR quincies: he waited for Kirge to let his Blut (and awareness) down and only then did he shoot Kirge. That would imply that he doesn't have the firepower to penetrate Blut Vene easily enough (or he's just trolling and hiding his true, awesome power when spectating the fight).
    But even without that, beyond basic captain level skill, Urahara's mostly shown just Kido and intellect, and has never gone into a difficult fight without preparation and/or alone, which really makes me rank him low here, even if he's one of my fav characters

At least Ass Knot showed a terrifying special ability (pun intended), Blut, basic quincy skills and effectively pulverized countless shinigami. Has the gender been confirmed, I wonder? I guess I'm too tired to post seriously...
    On the other hand, Urahara merely waiting for an opportunity fits into his personality. He usually lets someone else do the heavy lifting if he doesn't see it as necessary for him to intervene and looks for an opening instead. Also, intervene until he heard about what had going on in SS. He knew that Ichigo had the upper hand and it was thus not much point in him getting involved until they found out that they were short on time.

Also, has anyone actually been seen breaking through a blut? Ichigo couldn't destroy Quilge's blut either, so if you're only going by that, then Ichigo can't defeat Quilge/As Nodt either, which is unlikely.

Furthermore, Urahara immediately picked up on how their abilities work and he would definitely be able to utilize that efficiently. He is also a Kido Master and was shown to be proficient enough to do some serious combo damage, not to mention the fact that he creates his own, unique, Kido. As Nodt would definitely have lost.
    Last edited by Azuma; May 30, 2013 at 07:01 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Kazu-Sama's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Urahara wins - As Nodt has to hit his portable Gigai, and Urahara can then destroy them with Kido/Benehime powers. One opening is all he needs, which coincidentally is what his Gigai is there to do. The other two can't keep up...

Epic Brofist!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Zeta42's Avatar
    Country
    Ukraine
    Post Thanks / Like

Urahara. His Kido will pwn both Renji and Shishigawara, as well as protect him from As Nodt's fear thorns. If the guy was able to hold his ground against a Chrysalis Aizen, he should be able to find a way to defeat As Nodt.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

Urahara wins this. He has some heavy kido, a relatively impressive and versatile shikai, and some pretty impressive tools and tactics to help him out.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

This fight and some others is why I seriously don't like this tournament, because it comes to a populiarity contest.

If we go by manga, then obviously Äs Nodt wins. Byakuya lost to him and stated that without Bankai he wouldn't be able to win against Äs Nodt. At the same time Urahara never showed that he is stronger than Byakuya in Shikai.

Also, Byakuya's mobility is more or less at the same level as Urahara's, so I doubt Urahara won't be affected by Äs Nodt's Fear, thus he will loose.

Still, I understand that Urahara will win by a huge margin, because he is a fan favourite.

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Zeta42's Avatar
    Country
    Ukraine
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge D. Dragon View Post
    This fight and some others is why I seriously don't like this tournament, because it comes to a populiarity contest.

If we go by manga, then obviously Äs Nodt wins. Byakuya lost to him and stated that without Bankai he wouldn't be able to win against Äs Nodt. At the same time Urahara never showed that he is stronger than Byakuya in Shikai.

Also, Byakuya's mobility is more or less at the same level as Urahara's, so I doubt Urahara won't be affected by Äs Nodt's Fear, thus he will loose.

Still, I understand that Urahara will win by a huge margin, because he is a fan favourite.
    Urahara can cast Hado of 90th levels and Bakudo of 70th. If he can use Bakudo #81: Danku, then it might be just enough to protect him from As Nodt's fear attack.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Byakuya also knows how to use Danku. He even used it against one of Espada (Zomari), but he still couldn't do anything against Äs Nodt.

The same logic might have implied to Yama. He seems to know Kidou better than Urahara as he showed us the highest Hado in the story, but he coulkdn't use it against Juha Bach.

Thread Closed
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast