Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 (2)

View Poll Results: The winner of group 15 is... ?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
    The results in this poll are hidden.
  • Kisuke Urahara

The results are hidden 0%
  • Äs Nödt

• Renji Abarai

• Moe Shishigawara

Thread Closed
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Bleach Tournament: Group 15

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Crystal Black's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach Tournament: Group 15

Quote Originally Posted by zimbardo View Post
    Well, Kyouraku also said this (knowing full well he could not use his bankai, as it would be stolen). So, considering the damage Byakuya did before he released his bankai, and the lack of damage he did following, I am quite satisfied with my way of interpreting his statement. But I guess that we will never agree on this. Unless something new comes up in this topic, I might as well stop repeating myself, thanks though for the polite discussion everyone!
    Both Byakuya and Kyouraku made observational statements from the appearances and or the reiatsu of the their opponents. Both admitted the inability to deal with said opponents without the use of bankai. Shunsui said sacrifices would have been made sooner or later, this statement also includes him, IMO. Shunsui also stated what he felt from experience. Yamamoto would have expected more from his top student. For all we know the Stern Ritter Shunsui faced could be really powerful, something Yamamoto couldn't have known in that situation beause he was raging across seireitei. I mean look at Royd. Portions of each fight was off-panel as well, we wouldn't know how Byakuya failed after that. Hell, we don't even know how he was struck with a thorn. But it's just as you say we have our opinions and interpretations of how the scenes went.
    Smiling Devil

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Takahashi's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zimbardo View Post
    I half agree and half do not. Main issue is that Byakuya was not cut until after his bankai had been stolen. As scary as As Nodt's attacks are, the real danger to Byakuya in that fight was his own bankai.
    That made the fight end quicker. However, Byakuya had a hole punched in him early on, and had actually stopped moving when that happened. It's safe to say that he was likely to lose at that point regardless of whether or not As Nodt used SKY.

Quote Quote:
    Had he not released his bankai, I feel that he would have been less likely to have been cut - as he could already damage As Nodt at range using his shikai - something Renji could not (thus I do not see him doing anything in this fight).
    Yeah, Byakuya was shown capable of damaging As Nodt, but doing more than zero damage doesn't equate to a win. Again, As Nodt requires one cut, just like he did in canon, to basically win.

Quote Quote:
    Can Urahara damage As Nodt from range - before he gets cut? I'd say yes.
    Can he? Depends on the situation, but sure. Can he kill As Nodt before being cut once? I don't see it.

Quote Quote:
    Is he likely to use a restraining technique on As Nodt? - I would also say yes. This is due to him using both restraining Bakudo and also restraining Zanpakuto techniques.
    A few things to note with this:

1. Use of Bakudo doesn't mean Urahara's suddenly winning these fights with one move.

2. Is Urahara even prone to using Bakudo against an opponent whose ability he is unaware of? Recall his previous fights. He never used Bakudo in a fight prior to going up against Aizen, and the reason he used it was to hide his own created Kido. If he's not shown eager to act in a certain way, we shouldn't assume so for his benefit because we have knowledge he does not.

3. We've seen Bakudo shattered by physical force. Since As Nodt's arrows float around, seemingly without any physical input from himself, it's possible that he could control them even while bound and break out. To use Byakuya for another example, he did this in the SS arc when he activated Bankai and destroyed the Rikojokoro that was holding Renji.

Quote Quote:
    It is hard to say how much As Nodt's power played in Byakuya's defeat - to me, at least, it appeared to be a rather small part of him losing (if at all).
    Again, I need to stress that the fear affected Byakuya to the extent that he stopped moving without realizing it, and As Nodt dealt some serious damage with that one opening. It's also worth noting that Byakuya never used Cicada, Kido, or exploited SKY's weakness that only he knows of. It's quite reasonable to suggest that the fear affected his focus and decision making. That's significant, particularly for a guy like Urahara.

Quote Quote:
    Therefore, as long as Urahara doesn't go bankai (something that, unlike Byakuya, he is prone not to do - even against Aizen he did not), then I see no reason for him to lose this round.
    We don't know what Urahara's Bankai is, so it's not a factor in this matchup regardless.

Here's what it comes down to. I don't doubt that Urahara can hurt As Nodt, but if you don't disagree that he's screwed if he's tagged by As Nodt's arrows, I don't see how you could give Urahara the win. Advocating for an untouchable matchup when Urahara's base stat feats are lacking doesn't line up well. Urahara has some ranged options on As Nodt, but so do most characters. That's simply not enough.

Quote Originally Posted by eefrit View Post
    No need to leave. I just don't think As Nodt can stand against Renji's Bankai. Since he can't steal it with his medallion he would have to rely on his spikes, which I believe have a specified range as he didn't shoot it during his bout with Byakuya or anytime else. Hihio Zabimaru would give Renji the range he needs to keep away from As Nodt and most likely the power to pierce Blut.
    It doesn't matter if you have a range advantage if your opponent is clearly superior to you. Renji was put in critical condition from a single drop kick by a guy implied to be inferior (or at best equal) to As Nodt. Timeskip Renji has no Bankai feats to speak of, all we have are his clearly-inferior-to-a-Captain Pre-skip feats. We have yet to have any reason to believe that Renji can even stand a chance against any of the Stern Ritter, let alone one with one of the most hax abilities.

Well, Royal Guard Renji may be different, but it's useless to speculate on that.
    Last edited by Takahashi; June 05, 2013 at 12:33 AM.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity MiyamotoMusashi's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Results

Kisuke Urahara 25
    Äs Nödt8
    Renji Abarai2
    Moe Shishigawara0

Kisuke Urahara is the winner of Group 15.

You can discuss the results in Bleach Tournament Discussion Thread.

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
Thread Closed
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3