Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 597 by BadKarma

View Poll Results: The winner of group 16 is... ?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
    The results in this poll are hidden.
  • Kūgo Ginjō

The results are hidden 0%
  • Chōjirō Sasakibe

• Hiyori Sarugaki

• Yukio Hans Vorarlberna

Thread Closed
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Bleach Tournament: Group 16

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member xXAshisogiJizoXx's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach Tournament: Group 16

Three of the four you listed didn't ever fight Yamamoto. The one who did, in all honesty, was probably not a serious fight, and Yama was more prepared, whereas Sasakibe had an element of surprise and the benefit of being underestimated, which was already pointed out, so that analogy to those four seems to not hold.

Say whatever you want about Yukio, he has to fight in person eventually, he has shown no ability to summon monsters in a room he isn't in. And when in person, Hitsu made him look pretty dumb. SS was sent for Ginjo, the fullbringers were barely on their radar until their buff by Ginjo which may or may not still be active.

I also don't understand why winning round 1, which is not impressive, means that Sasakibe will make it to the finals. He will probably get destroyed by his next opponent...
    Not Perfect is GOoD

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zimbardo's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xXAshisogiJizoXx View Post
    Three of the four you listed didn't ever fight Yamamoto. The one who did, in all honesty, was probably not a serious fight, and Yama was more prepared, whereas Sasakibe had an element of surprise and the benefit of being underestimated, which was already pointed out, so that analogy to those four seems to not hold.
    The point wasn't about fighting Yamamoto, per se. But rather that judging him to be awesome PURELY because he put a scar on Yamamoto is a rather poor reason in my opinion. Especially due to the fact that it could have been due to him having
    an element of surprise and the benefit of being underestimated.
    I doubt Yamamoto even did anything back - other than being a moving target (I say this due to the condition that Sasakibe was in following him scarring Yamamoto). Whereas against Kyoraku and Ukitake, he was fighting them much more seriously - thus their performance against him means a lot more in my opinion (even if it was 2v1).

Say whatever you want about Yukio, he has to fight in person eventually, he has shown no ability to summon monsters in a room he isn't in. And when in person, Hitsu made him look pretty dumb. SS was sent for Ginjo, the fullbringers were barely on their radar until their buff by Ginjo which may or may not still be active.
    I have no time to check it, but didn't he summon those creatures vs Hitsuguya - when he was in the same room as Hitsuguya? Even if not, why can't he just put them all into another room, then fill it with monsters? Separate them from him - why should he attack them 'in person'?!?
    Also, about Hitsuguya making him look 'dumb', that was partly plot kai - but even if not - I do not consider Sasakibe anywhere near Hitsuguya in skill or power.

I also don't understand why winning round 1, which is not impressive, means that Sasakibe will make it to the finals. He will probably get destroyed by his next opponent...
    Again, it is not about him winning per se. But rather the reason why he wins. If he is winning solely due to his suggested strength then he can use this 'Yamamoto damaging = uber powerful' against every other target. This will be his strongest, and only line of argument. That is the problem here. He has shown exactly 0 feats.
    Infinite RAGE!

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member xXAshisogiJizoXx's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Awesome? I think he is weak captain level, maybe mid simply due to having a seemingly great offensive ability in bankai. Yukio was embarrassed by a mid tier captain who wasn't even trying (lots of IMO there regarding Hitsu's strength and how the fight went). Id agree hitsu is notably stronger than sasakibe, but i disagree with the plot kai. I would say yukio being able to hold all those shinigami at once is a far more drastic example of plot kai, as was the collapsing room, of which we have no idea hiw effective it really is since it was never completed. Hitsu outsmarted him, and took advantage of his childishness. And yeah, he only showed the ability to summon in the room he was in, so we can't say for sure he can just put people in a room and fill them with monsters. Plus the rooms didn't seem to be created in a flash. And it's not just that one feat. There is semantics between the syntax of how Sasakibe has been described posthumously. When it comes to shinigami, kubo always backs up the hype (yama, shunsui, unohona, etc.). I'm pretty sure Hisagi wouldn't look at the bankai of Renji or Ikkaku and be in any sort of awe. Idk. None if the people in this group will go far anyways whoever wins.
    Not Perfect is GOoD

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Kazu-Sama's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Idk. None if the people in this group will go far anyways whoever wins.

And then Hiyori went on to win the final, beating Ichigo, Shunsui, Kenpachi and Barragan en route xD

Seriously, though - Kai has made a very good point. Ginjo wins, and pretty easily at that once Yukio's powers are beaten...

Epic Brofist!

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity MiyamotoMusashi's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Results

Kūgo Ginjō8
    Chōjirō Sasakibe20
    Hiyori Sarugaki4
    Yukio Hans Vorarlberna2

Chōjirō Sasakibe is the winner of Group 16.

You can discuss the results in Bleach Tournament Discussion Thread.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
Thread Closed
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3