Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 (2)

View Poll Results: Is the current execution of Edo Tensei doing Justice to the previous buildup for the Jutsu?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Great Buildup > Great Execution (Satisfied)

2 16.67%
  • Great Buildup > Poor Execution (Unsatisfied)

9 75.00%
  • Poor Buildup > Great Execution (Meh..at least its better now)

0 0%
  • Poor Buildup > Poor Execution (Totally Blowed)

1 8.33%
New Reply
Page 44 of 45 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44 45 LastLast

Thread: The Edo Tensei Thread

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Edo Tensei sucks!

I think most young looking shinobi that were revived died pretty young, which shows just how volatile the eras before peace was.

But I do agree that Edo Tensei spam was pretty bad. I don't agree that Tobi would have been killed already, but he definitely would have had some more trouble. There was no point to many Edo Tensei, and those who were hyped lost it because the living ones had to win for some reason. Madara's the only Edo who far surpassed the hype he got, and that's only because of Kabuto modifying his body.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member naruto the best's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

The Edo Tensei Highlight

Obito declared the 4th Great Ninja War in front of the Kages.

Confidently the guy thought he can be victorious!

Then Kabuto entered the show and offered his "Edo Tensei" zombies! And obviously this doesn't belong to Obito's original war plan.

Now, do you think the war would have been that of a real war if ET wasn't around?

I'm thinking actually that the war would have been really lame without ET, because this gave the war many of its ingredients...

Your thoughts....Thank You

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted xXan's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Edo Tensei Highlight

His plan was to get Naruto and Bee out in the open with the Zetsu undercover plan. He never aimed at flat out winning the war. So i think for this particual task he could have done so as nobody but Naruto could have detected the Zetsus.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Knightmare of heaven 0's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Evidently Kishi wanted some dead characters who bear a lot of relavence to the story to interact with the living characters who suffered due to the former ones,like in case of Gaara and Sasuke.Some people who just had to meet( like Sai and his bro) I don't know how Obito could fight with the aliiance having really strong shinobi with just Zetsulings

Kishi did play an "ok" card by using Edo tensei to revive and have them on Obito's side.Honestly Obito wouldn't stand much of a chance without Kabuto's involvement in this war.Kishi had to do it,Since there weren't many characters who could fight on Obito's side.Kishi wont be creating tons of new characters for this war right? He had to do include ET zombies in the war.

---------- Post added at 04:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:36 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by xXan View Post
    His plan was to get Naruto and Bee out in the open with the Zetsu undercover plan. He never aimed at flat out winning the war. So i think for this particual task he could have done so as nobody but Naruto could have detected the Zetsus.

But he alone wouldn't be able to get both Nine tails and 8 tails right? Moreover the alliance did give some protection to Naruto and Bee.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Avishek's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

So, what essentially are we discussing here?

The best Edo-Tensei revival? Personally for me, Sasori's moment of closure when he finally understood his 'everlasting art' was pretty sweet. And maybe Neji's father and Dan. But the others.........felt like fan service.

We didn't need Lady Chiyo and Kimimaro(through with Kabuto's involvement, him and the Sound 4 were pretty much a given. The fact that the Sound 4 didn't show was pretty weird(and in the anime, they just butchered that arc).

But there were some history lessons and a few new characters had their moments. On top of my head, the Kyuubi brothers vs Darui was very innovative and Hanzo vs Mifune also had its moments.

The previous kage vs current kage would have been better if Naruto wasn't so involved. Except for Gaara, none of them did anything. It would have been pretty good to see Kankuro, Temari or another secondary character get the spotlight. Instead Team Asuma had to fight Asuma in a very contrived setting.

And the fact that edo-Madara left each of the Kage in the dust really crapped on the idea of 'new surpassing the old'. If we have to return to dead heroes, then what's the use of the current generation. And even a team up of naruto-sasuke seems too little for edo-Madara.

Itachi got one more sendoff. Kabuto's back history was revealed. And then............

TOBI IS OBITO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, aside, for that, I agree that Tobi didn't want a full fledged war. But given that Kabuto recovered Yamato, and that essentially helped in mass producing the Zetsu, I really don't know what Tobi would have done if Kabuto wasn't there.

Use the tailed beasts.How? And only him and Zetsu(and probably Sasuke) were left of the Akatsuki. So, what was his actual plan sans Kabuto?
    Reading is a good habit.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member naruto the best's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xXan View Post
    The plan to get Naruto and Bee isn't easy.

His plan would have actually faded immediately without Edo Tensei because the other ninjas could have more concentrated on his forces alone (his powers only and the zetsus) and thus a smooth victory for the Shinobi Alliance. At least the ET zombies made the Shinobi Alliance very busy. Imagine if the Kages entered the battle arena w/o the Edo Madara. Obito would have been crushed immediately.

---------- Post added at 06:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:57 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Avishek View Post
    So, what essentially are we discussing here?

The best Edo-Tensei revival? Personally for me, Sasori's moment of closure when he finally understood his 'everlasting art' was pretty sweet. And maybe Neji's father and Dan. But the others.........felt like fan service.

We didn't need Lady Chiyo and Kimimaro(through with Kabuto's involvement, him and the Sound 4 were pretty much a given. The fact that the Sound 4 didn't show was pretty weird(and in the anime, they just butchered that arc).

But there were some history lessons and a few new characters had their moments. On top of my head, the Kyuubi brothers vs Darui was very innovative and Hanzo vs Mifune also had its moments.

The previous kage vs current kage would have been better if Naruto wasn't so involved. Except for Gaara, none of them did anything. It would have been pretty good to see Kankuro, Temari or another secondary character get the spotlight. Instead Team Asuma had to fight Asuma in a very contrived setting.

And the fact that edo-Madara left each of the Kage in the dust really crapped on the idea of 'new surpassing the old'. If we have to return to dead heroes, then what's the use of the current generation. And even a team up of naruto-sasuke seems too little for edo-Madara.

Itachi got one more sendoff. Kabuto's back history was revealed. And then............

TOBI IS OBITO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, aside, for that, I agree that Tobi didn't want a full fledged war. But given that Kabuto recovered Yamato, and that essentially helped in mass producing the Zetsu, I really don't know what Tobi would have done if Kabuto wasn't there.

Use the tailed beasts.How? And only him and Zetsu(and probably Sasuke) were left of the Akatsuki. So, what was his actual plan sans Kabuto?
    Bro you have discussed it pretty well .

The ET's role in the war as initiated by Kabuto, the ET zombies fight scenes, and Tobi's potential doing w/o Kabuto and his ET.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted xXan's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

I will say this when Obito apeared on the battlefield with the Mazo he decimated the opposition... I don't know how much the rest could have helped Bee and Naruto..

Now Tobi creating confusion in the night with his Zetsus and finding Naruto/Bee before the ninja can regroup or even start trusting 1 another... It could have worked. I am sure that Tobi was not that stupid to start a plan that he had no hope of achiving (even if Kishi more and more makes Tobi look like a bloody moron)...

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Botswana
    Post Thanks / Like

the only highlight for me with ET had to be itachi escaping it and madara,
    other than that could of been done better, i mean no one important died ????
    in my opinion it would of been better had the ET zombies won a few battles on panel and killed the people they loved
    i mean, it would done wonders in terms of character development for both parties

am i the only person who thinks obito was the only person who understood the term ninja war
    i mean his strategy was almost flawless and was assured victory and it even involved stealth

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Avishek's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tobirama View Post
    the only highlight for me with ET had to be itachi escaping it and madara,
    other than that could of been done better, i mean no one important died ????
    in my opinion it would of been better had the ET zombies won a few battles on panel and killed the people they loved
    i mean, it would done wonders in terms of character development for both parties

am i the only person who thinks obito was the only person who understood the term ninja war
    i mean his strategy was almost flawless and was assured victory and it even involved stealth
    The ET arc is still on as 5 Mega ET Zombies are about to go head-to-head.

No one important died? WHAT ABOUT NEJI? Oh, right, given his role uptil now in Part 2, he really WAS fodder wasn't he? And Kishi drew his death page so lazily that I wonder whether he was like.....

Kishi:I'm coming to an important part of this intensely irritating series that still won't end!

So what should I do next?

A new jutsu? Reveal Itachi is Obito's long lost brother? Or maybe do something sensible and allow Neji to....

Wait!Nobody important died yet in this arc! Who to kill, who to kill........

Neji!I have no idea what to do with him since Part II started.

(hurriedly scribbles a scene of a bloated Neji being spiked)

That's doesn't look so good........But who cares?

(e-mails it to publisher)

Now they will love me again!
    Reading is a good habit.

Reviewer 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member otomo20's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Interesting topic, who really benefits from ET?

I for one dont think Tobi would have been wiped out of the war as easily as some people assume, he had the rinnengan as well as 7 tailed beasts, he had a ( weak) zetsu army and the Mizo statue.

The whole point of the war was definitely to revive the ten tails, and the best outcome would have been to capture Naruto and Bee, but since he couldnt do that he had to use small amounts of their tailed beast chakra instead, without ET Obito had no way of getting kyyubi chakra aside from capturing naruto.

Another factor that interests me is that without ET sasuke would still be an evil dude, he would not have had Itachi to push him towards doing the right thing. So its hard to tell who really benefits from ET.

Of course Madara does screw the alliance up but considering they also managed to get the 4 previous kages, its not so bad.

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Tobi did not care about winning the war, he banked on Naruto and Bee joining it so he could kidnap them. I think the Zetsu plan was pretty good though, because it did quite a bit of damage and would have done more damage mentally and physically if it weren't for Naruto. They copied a shinobi down to a T but the memories, making it hard to trust one another. If the shinobi did, then Zetsu could take that chance to kill. It was brilliant but the plan doesn't get as much recognition because Naruto was able to foil it.

Funny thing is, Naruto is the only reason why the Zetsu plan failed. He magically got the ability to sense malice.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    Tobi did not care about winning the war, he banked on Naruto and Bee joining it so he could kidnap them. I think the Zetsu plan was pretty good though, because it did quite a bit of damage and would have done more damage mentally and physically if it weren't for Naruto. They copied a shinobi down to a T but the memories, making it hard to trust one another. If the shinobi did, then Zetsu could take that chance to kill. It was brilliant but the plan doesn't get as much recognition because Naruto was able to foil it.

Funny thing is, Naruto is the only reason why the Zetsu plan failed. He magically got the ability to sense malice.

he really had nothing to lose anyway he didnt have any real living soldiers

the help he got from kabuto was just an added bonus

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

He didn't need any soldiers though. Zetsu was a great plan. Chances are if it weren't for Sakura, they might not have caught the problem until it was too late.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

thats what im saying

he had nothing to lose, even if the zetsus were wiped out as long as he could kidnap bee and naruto thats all that mattered

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh, k. Yeah. I see a lot of people saying the plan was bad though or that he'd have failed without Kabuto. If nothing else, Kabuto helped cause tons of casualties.

New Reply
Page 44 of 45 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44 45 LastLast