Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)
New Reply

Thread: So I hear we like Manga at this place?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

So I hear we like Manga at this place?

Hello everyone, just thought I would give a greeting.

First of all, here's a quick summary, you can read on after the star if you have the time;
    SUMMARY: Reads all genres, shonen most, ecchi/harem not so liked, watches anime though not as often (likes older anime), can translate JP-ENG ENG-JP if required.*

I read shonen the most, I really don't focus on one genre and would be happy to talk about all sorts of manga and try out those that I don't know (though I don't like ecchi and harem, I can put up with it to some extent).

I regularly read the titles such as One Piece, Magi, Fairy Tail, Shibatora, Oresama Teacher. I've been trying to catch up on Berserk. Other things I like are Reborn (though that is finished), One Punch man, Muhyo to Roji (also finished). Other genres I read irregularly because for me manga is a pick up whenever and put down whenever suits thing... That's probably why it is so addictive. As for anime, I do not watch it too often, but once again am happy to have a chat about it... I like older anime to be honest though.

Oh yes, I also have been irregularly translating Japanese text to English for my colleagues and friends for a long time, I mainly focus on some dialect and slang interpretation (as translating the spoken side is more of my forte) but can of course translate manga, however other translators are excellent at subbing as we all know so you probably will not need me for that. If you would still like any assistance in translation from someone such as myself, feel free to ask.

I hope we can get along well.

Bobbas Veltez 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Country
    Joker
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: So I hear we like Manga at this place?

Quote Originally Posted by Camembert View Post
    Hello everyone, just thought I would give a greeting.

First of all, here's a quick summary, you can read on after the star if you have the time;
    SUMMARY: Reads all genres, shonen most, ecchi/harem not so liked, watches anime though not as often (likes older anime), can translate JP-ENG ENG-JP if required.*

I read shonen the most, I really don't focus on one genre and would be happy to talk about all sorts of manga and try out those that I don't know (though I don't like ecchi and harem, I can put up with it to some extent).

I regularly read the titles such as One Piece, Magi, Fairy Tail, Shibatora, Oresama Teacher. I've been trying to catch up on Berserk. Other things I like are Reborn (though that is finished), One Punch man, Muhyo to Roji (also finished). Other genres I read irregularly because for me manga is a pick up whenever and put down whenever suits thing... That's probably why it is so addictive. As for anime, I do not watch it too often, but once again am happy to have a chat about it... I like older anime to be honest though.

Oh yes, I also have been irregularly translating Japanese text to English for my colleagues and friends for a long time, I mainly focus on some dialect and slang interpretation (as translating the spoken side is more of my forte) but can of course translate manga, however other translators are excellent at subbing as we all know so you probably will not need me for that. If you would still like any assistance in translation from someone such as myself, feel free to ask.

I hope we can get along well.
    Welcome to MH, Camembert!

It's always nice to get translators around here; especially for spoilers and stuff.

What older animes were you referring to in your post, that you've seen?

I read a few of the manga you listed there( One Piece, Fairy Tail, Berserk) and I've got One Punch Man listed on my to read list and should get to it soon. I've been focused on watching animes rather than picking up new series to read( just finished Psycho Pass earlier tonight), so I hope to change that.

BTW, where did the idea for the name "Camembert" come from?

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

manga = life

without it we would all die

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome on MH.
    You sure follow/ed some good anime/manga there.
    What's your favourite?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner artistRainwater's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi, Camembert! I'm new around here as well.

Like you, I prefer Shonen, though I am open to various genres as well. Lucky for you, you keep up with what you like, and you can translate too. I've been too busy working on my own manga to be reading others. Maybe a bad thing? Who knows. Anyway, just wanted to say hi!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member liductan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

hey..welcome to our little community!

So, what are your favorite animes? top 5?
    Btw if you want to read something new and exciting try..Tower of GOD..
    Last edited by liductan; May 23, 2013 at 04:43 AM.

“I guess by now I should know enough about loss to realize that you never really stop missing
    someone you just learn to live around the huge gaping hole of their absence."
    - Alyson Noel

New Reply