Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 (2)
New Reply
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Tower of God Chapter 144 Discussion/145 Predictions

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tower of God Chapter 144 Spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    No, not as pathetic. It's that they both care about friends and everything. I don't care what SIU said there, Baam's not pathetic. Even in S1 when he was weak, at least he had courage (Ball Test) and stuff. Wangnan just does nothing. He runs around like a chicken without it's head most of the time.
    Baam is pathetic, no way to deny it. Koon's line established the meaning of 'pathetic' in this story: pathetic = to want to stay with friends.... Wangnan as a chicken that flaps his wings to stay with his friends... I like it. If the story gets the achievement to make of a character like that a hero somehow, it will be a great story. To sum it up: Wangnan has potential to write a brilliant page in the story of pathetic characters.

SIU's note, translated by 101010 from Batoto:

Quote Quote:
    Storytime phase is inevitable, but somehow it looked a bit frustrating (?)
    There is as much action as possible in order to reduce the psychological description.

The technology behind Verdi's Reina is very constrained. The completion of this mission depends almost entirely on Viole being hooked with the ring. (I am not sure about this sentence)

This item will not work after a certain level of Regulars. (Items have a level range of use)

There is little left. Expect much in next week's chapter.
    ---------- Post added at 12:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 PM ----------

Now I understand what Baam said when he was warning to Xia about what Leesoo can do: where as Androssi and Anak are powerful frightening rival, Leesoo has got a formidable team and strategy to beat powerful rivals: Vespa + Laurie + Amigo + Verdi, all of them teamed up to beat him.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ukimix View Post
    Baam is pathetic, no way to deny it. Koon's line established the meaning of 'pathetic' in this story: pathetic = to want to stay with friends.... Wangnan as a chicken that flaps his wings to stay with his friends... I like it. If the story gets the achievement to make of a character like that a hero somehow, that it will be a great story. To sum it up: Wangnan has potential to write a brilliant page in the story of pathetic characters.

SIU's note, translated by 101010 from Batoto:
    Perhaps. Baam isn't nearly as pathetic as Wangnan though, in that he's not cowardly or anything.

As to the Reina, I do wonder about the line that it "can't be removed." Surely if Baam were removed from the situation and the octupus, the ring would stop working and thus it would come off.

Reina seems like a big gimmick, but that's not a huge surprise. I do hope that it will come off and we're not stuck seeing Baam without shinsoo powers for a while.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

As to the Reina, I do wonder about the line that it "can't be removed." Surely if Baam were removed from the situation and the octupus, the ring would stop working and thus it would come off.

Reina seems like a big gimmick, but that's not a huge surprise. I do hope that it will come off and we're not stuck seeing Baam without shinsoo powers for a while.
    Wiht one chapter left, my guess is that Viole will reach the Archimedes with the ring applied to him. But who knows, the note says that the chapter is going to have a lot of things.

Quote Originally Posted by abc1233 View Post
    Told you the most powerful being in the tower was stalking Koon

Awesome chapter, I'm guessing Wangnan will take out that octopus with help of Koon/Teddy then we can get some real Viole ownage.
    I wonder what will be Horyang attitude towards Koon? And also, will the most powerful being in the tower be able to reach koon on time with those short legs? :-)

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Pervy Sage's Avatar
    Country
    Denmark
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tower of God Chapter 144 Discussion/145 Predictions

Should be pretty interesting if Rak runs into Viole. There's no way that he wouldn't be able to recognize his old prey

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member abc1233's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ukimix View Post
    Wiht one chapter left, my guess is that Viole will reach the Archimedes with the ring applied to him. But who knows, the note says that the chapter is going to have a lot of things.

I wonder what will be Horyang attitude towards Koon? And also, will the most powerful being in the tower be able to reach koon on time with those short legs? :-)
    He may try to fight Koon initially, I don't think he knows that he is Baam's friend. Of course he can, he can travel at the speed of light.

Quote Originally Posted by Pervy Sage View Post
    Should be pretty interesting if Rak runs into Viole. There's no way that he wouldn't be able to recognize his old prey
    He'll probably be able to smell his prey.

I wonder how Verdi managed to get such a high class item as that ring, to be able to seal Viole's shinsoo is quite a feat. Maybe she is from one of the 10 families and stole it just like Koon?
    Last edited by abc1233; May 12, 2013 at 02:32 PM.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Chile
    Post Thanks / Like

Hype!!!! Nice chapter!

First i thought Baam take out a little of the Lobster's power to hit Amigo but i went to look out for the characteristics of his Thorn and the color resembles to this one, what a pity. Anyways it's been explained that the ring only limits throwing Shinsoo, not a reinforcement like Anak does.

Rak changes his shape voluntary? amazing! can't wait to see him... now if Koon and Horyang join Wangnam to defeat the octopus, Baam would beat Vespa's arse

I'm sure something will happen, we have a countdown running here.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Arashi View Post
    Anyways it's been explained that the ring only limits throwing Shinsoo, not a reinforcement like Anak does.
    Where was that explained? Vespa says "a human who can't use shinsoo is much too slow," which suggests that shinsoo reinforcement is not possible.

My guess is that Leesoo is bluffing. It's a pretty easy bluff to make. Since the ring transforms shinsoo into water, it seems like the kind of thing that could be overwhelmed if a large amount of shinsoo is pushed through it. Anyway, it might disappear if Verdi is taken out by Wangnan.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member s2k03's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I really doubt it would stay on him, the ring is temporary I think. I dont think siu would make it where viole has the ring during the workshop that would be such a troll.....

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member GOOMOONRYONG's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm interested in what Koon is planning after seeing Mr Hoyrang. Like others I'm calling shenanigans on that ring lasting indefinitely, it will probably disappear once Baam is sent up however that happens. I guess the red thing Baam is relying on is the thorn metal mask man talked about a number of chapters back. If it isn't shinsoo then it will be interesting to hear a better explanation of what it is. I also didn't think that Yuto would be owned that easily, I thought he would fair a little better.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

Yuto's defeat was a bit sudden, unless of course he intends to get back up. Viole is always full of surprises. Great chapter, anxious for next week.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Andonan's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

I have to say, despite being floored in this chapter, Amigo has come a long way from Part 1, a lot of us were talking about him as if he was a new character only last chapter and actually he's a very old familiar face. NICE SUI

http://towerofgod.wikia.com/wiki/Aleksai_Amigochaz

Different in so many ways, but similar in even more......

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member ThatoneGuy1277's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Arashi View Post
    Hype!!!! Nice chapter!

First i thought Baam take out a little of the Lobster's power to hit Amigo but i went to look out for the characteristics of his Thorn and the color resembles to this one, what a pity. Anyways it's been explained that the ring only limits throwing Shinsoo, not a reinforcement like Anak does.

Rak changes his shape voluntary? amazing! can't wait to see him... now if Koon and Horyang join Wangnam to defeat the octopus, Baam would beat Vespa's arse

I'm sure something will happen, we have a countdown running here.
    Personally I hope Rak Can't control hi shape but it comes and goes randomly which will often put him into awkward situations that he needs saving from.

Also I sorta think that might be the case since he is chasing after Koon with his tiny legs and not his big long legs. But we'll have to wait and see for sure.
    ThatoneGuy1277

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Regenwolf's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

This Workshop Battle has only one chapter left, or I´m be wrong!?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Regenwolf View Post
    Right. SIU's taking a break afterwards.
    Which means, the next chapter's going to be AMAZING!
    Erfworld

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Regenwolf View Post
    The current test that decides admission to the Archimedes will be over after one more chapter, but the Gongbang (the Workshop Battle) itself isn't over after the next chapter.

New Reply
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast