Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply

Thread: How come strawhats never took advantage of the weapons from skypiea?

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity danzouismadara's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

How come strawhats never took advantage of the weapons from skypiea?

Those weapons are super strong, so i dont get why none them put them to use. Im sure franky could have made good use of them. Did it say something about them only being able to be used in the sky or something?

Can someone message me an anime that's similar to d grayman or claymore or deathnote?

Ive seen Deathnote, deadman wonderland, fairytale, shigurui, ao no exorcist, beelzebub, samurai champloo, code geass, devil may cry, Hakuouki, monster, blood plus, gantz. Basically, something with demons and gore.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How come strawhats never took advantage of the weapons from skypiea?

Usopp used them quite a bit. He also implemented some of them into Nami's Clima Tact.

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by danzouismadara View Post
    Those weapons are super strong, so i dont get why none them put them to use. Im sure franky could have made good use of them. Did it say something about them only being able to be used in the sky or something?
    Usopp used the impact dial against Luffy, Kaba-shinshi and in the Davy Back and put them into Kabuto and Perfect Climatact. The only ones that didn't work in the Blue Seas are the Cloud Dials, but Nami doesn't need them anymore.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member PLfighter's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by danzouismadara View Post
    I think becouse strawhat will be to strong if luffy use reject dial he have chance to take even top tier and kuma df will be less awersome. Ruber fruit can be realy good in taking side effect of dial. Or they just not need some kind of power up becouse they cool in way they are diffrent. Franky i don't now why maybe becouse he didin't was in skypia and not see potencial
    or simply he will loss some comic relief with cola. Air dial seam quite potencial in fire based ambility to.Maybe save some dial for power up for future. But if Sh crew mainly luffy start use gadget zeff memento will be waste about spear of confident vs Don Crieg Wepons.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BurnSchulz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hoeru View Post
    Usopp used the impact dial against Luffy, Kaba-shinshi and in the Davy Back and put them into Kabuto and Perfect Climatact. The only ones that didn't work in the Blue Seas are the Cloud Dials, but Nami doesn't need them anymore.
    Wasnt the Cloud Nami made for Luffy and Co. to enter Punk Hazard based on a Cloud Dial?
    http://www.mangapanda.com/one-piece/655/10

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BurnSchulz View Post
    Wasnt the Cloud Nami made for Luffy and Co. to enter Punk Hazard based on a Cloud Dial?
    http://www.mangapanda.com/one-piece/655/10
    No, that's Nami's weather arts/weather magic based on the weather science she learned on Weatheria. The kumo dial doesn't work on Blue Sea as stated by Usopp some time after their return from Skypiea.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, ussop and nami at least were users of the dials in part 1. ussop used the dials for his previous slingshot and they were also an important part of nami's clima tac. Now, the question would be whether they still have the dials on their current weapons. Ussop seems to have a plant based slingshot but that does not actually rule out it having dials. Nami has an improved clima tac with the weather ball technology apparently but being trained in a sky island would not actually rule out her having dials. Dials are originally from sky island after all, perhaps it makes sense that the elders there would figure out a better use of the dials and weather balls than ussop would have been able to.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BurnSchulz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hoeru View Post
    No, that's Nami's weather arts/weather magic based on the weather science she learned on Weatheria. The kumo dial doesn't work on Blue Sea as stated by Usopp some time after their return from Skypiea.
    Can you please tell me in wich chapter whis was stated? I kinda seem to have problems reminding that statement of usopp and dont want to read through half of the story just to find it.
    On the other side, i remember very well, that usopp upgraded Namis Staff with Dials. Its stated in the Rocketman when they prepare for Enies Lobby.

But yeah, since nami landed on Weatheria, with all theese strange weather equipment, she definately upgraded her Staff with Weatheria stuff. Like it was once hinted in the Cover Story.

New Reply