Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (6/30/14 - 7/6/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 752 by cnet128 , Bleach 587 (2) , Gintama 501 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 58 of 131 FirstFirst ... 8 48 56 57 58 59 60 68 108 ... LastLast

Thread: Pinoy Community v. 19- Just Walking After You...

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity mangadictus's Avatar
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pinoy Community v. 19- Just Walking After You...

gusto ko Werewolf Boy, was watching it on flight back home, but was cut short kase magla-land na.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Imperium's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

I like korean films but I cant really stand their dramas or quirky comedies. If someone is not dying its not for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by gnut View Post
    ...i could pimp in bulgaria...my game tight like that

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Imperium View Post
    I like korean films but I cant really stand their dramas or quirky comedies. If someone is not dying its not for me.
    damn.. LOL

---------- Post added at 10:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 PM ----------

damn Naruto, cutting onions.

Pink Warrior 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member baboysai's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I like Korean and Japanese Drama and Movies. I love the quirk, the color, the tone. I think they're so waaaay ahead of hollywood.

But you have to take them at face value initially. It's just like how one should appreciate shounen, you know? You'll have to understand that it's shounen, and not expect it to be some other thing that it's not.

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

I dont know about the tv shows because I havent watched any of them, but specifically about korean drama movies and quirky comedies, I just dont think they do those genres that well. Maybe I am taking it at face value when I shouldnt or its some sort of cultural awareness that I lack, but I just find them overall very weak. I guess in a sense I compare them with korean thrillers, which a lot of them, in my opinion, are works of art and hold that high standard across the board. There are few quirky films that I do enjoy, like I am cyborg or comedies like the good, the bad and the weird, but those I think are elevated because of the genius of their respective directors and are rare. Actually I think the later is better described as an action comedy now that I think about it.

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm... try watching A Moment to Remember. It's a romance movie- so not the thriller types. But I found it really beautiful. Cinematography, music, story, right balance of fuzzy and drama.

Also, the first movie that made waves here in the Philippines, and which, I would assume, started the k-drama sensation: My Sassy Girl (which was POORLY remade by Hollywood with Elisha Cuthbert). I found it a bit too long- Korean movies at that time had a certain syndrome of dragging things out. But it was a great romantic-comedy-turned-drama. The heroine was so annoying but when the twist was revealed everything about the movie turned upside down.

Or.. speaking of comedies, Sex Is Zero. Laugh out loud college-humor funny yet still (sigh, must everything turn out this way) had a dramatic climax.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Scanlator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member raDar's Avatar
    Country
    Sunspear
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by baboysai View Post
    Hmm... try watching A Moment to Remember. It's a romance movie- so not the thriller types. But I found it really beautiful. Cinematography, music, story, right balance of fuzzy and drama.

Also, the first movie that made waves here in the Philippines, and which, I would assume, started the k-drama sensation: My Sassy Girl (which was POORLY remade by Hollywood with Elisha Cuthbert). I found it a bit too long- Korean movies at that time had a certain syndrome of dragging things out. But it was a great romantic-comedy-turned-drama. The heroine was so annoying but when the twist was revealed everything about the movie turned upside down.

Or.. speaking of comedies, Sex Is Zero. Laugh out loud college-humor funny yet still (sigh, must everything turn out this way) had a dramatic climax.
    Sex Is Zero was hilarious. Liked the second installation, too, though it pales in comparison to the first.

I was a sucker for K-movies, too (haven't watch any these days). Be it rom-com or action-thriller or drama. I do think Korean writers and directors are great and on-par (if not better) with Hollywood ones.

About the Korean showing in SM, is that free or what? 'Cause me and my friends are interested to watch one of those. It'd be cool if it was free.

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Usually those film fests are for free. I know Eiga Sai (the annual Jap film fest) is for free. Since they're doing it to promote their movies- their culture, and their art to reach a broader market.

---------- Post added at 01:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:06 PM ----------

and it's a way of boasting about their films.

speaking of... Why hasn't anyone here commented on [b]On the Job/b]? I dunno, kasi di ko pa napanood. Pero rave reviews talaga, and even my very hard-to-please film major friends seemed impressed.

Banned 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Palau
    Post Thanks / Like

Tearjerker Movie!

Legend:
    - napaluha ako sa movie na toh badge

My favorites by the way:

The Classic

Lovers' Concerto (simple pero maganda yung message ng movie)

Spellbound (Yung pinanood namin sa Korean Film Fest last year)

Il Mare (where The Lake House a Moments of Love are adapted)

Windstruck

I love Son Ye Jin
    Yung close friend ko si Jeon Ji Hyun favorite niya
    Last edited by FaustXIII; September 18, 2013 at 01:35 AM.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted hunter71485's Avatar
    Country
    Storm's End
    Post Thanks / Like

why the sudden interest in k movies? aside from jinri park moving back to korea to improve her acting chops...

Banned 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Palau
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hunter71485 View Post
    aside from jinri park moving back to korea to improve her acting chops...
    magsesexy roles/shoots din kaya siya sa South Korea?

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

speaking of... Why hasn't anyone here commented on [b]On the Job/b]? I dunno, kasi di ko pa napanood. Pero rave reviews talaga, and even my very hard-to-please film major friends seemed impressed.
    that, and Alagwa, turned out to be sensational as i've heard. but haven't watched them yet.

---------- Post added at 10:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 PM ----------

i've been trying, pero di tlaga ako ma hook sa k-stuff. dunno why. right now, i want to watch 'what dreams may come'. i miss that stunning movie..

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I didn't like Windstruck much..

Question: how is it possible that I am downloading a torrent (it shows the download speed and it's pretty decent) but there are zero seeds?

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Question: how is it possible that I am downloading a torrent (it shows the download speed and it's pretty decent) but there are zero seeds?
    there are zero seeds.

---------- Post added at 12:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 AM ----------

no OP this week? sad..

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

I will give a moment to remember a try, I found it on netflix. I have watched my sassy girl, and genuinely...I didnt really like it. But yea those kinda films are not meant for me anyway. I'm too much of a cynical person. ):

New Reply
Page 58 of 131 FirstFirst ... 8 48 56 57 58 59 60 68 108 ... LastLast