Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)

View Poll Results: What do you want to see in the next chapter?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Claire

7 63.64%
  • More of Dae and Rubel

0 0%
  • Priss vs Rifu-doll

0 0%
  • More of the struggle against Call

0 0%
  • Galatea's army vs Europa.

4 36.36%
New Reply

Thread: Claymore 138- The Exposed Face.

Reviewer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Claymore Claymore 138- The Exposed Face.

Claymore 138- The exposed face- Review

Hello, and welcome to this months chapter review. Lets start by thanking Gernot for his translation. And now to recapping the results from last month's poll. Okay so nobody thinks half awakening is going to make someone as good looking as Galatea. Fair enough. The standard Shonen power up is also felt to be unlikely, since only one person voted for it. Three of you are hoping for magical girls. That's not as optimistic as it used to be. Four think that Half awakened have the potential for limitless growth. But the winner, with seven votes is that they can pull a Jean, and retain their hearts even after awakening.

The Half Awakened-

We start off with Rubel and Dae talking about half awakened. Seems that all the fab four have the flesh and blood of a loved one implanted in them. We know from Claire that this flesh and blood doesn't even have to actually be a blood relation. Somehow this seems to raise the limit of Yoki release, and to help pull them back. Rubel finds it a little surprising that Dae would espouse such a theory, but Dae points out he did just go on about how hatred makes Priscilla so strong. Rubel wants to know if this might mean that you could make a warrior who would be able to awaken and return by themselves. While Dae would like to have been able to research this, and disect the half-awakened, the Organization is gone, so best he can say is “possibly”. So possibly we'll see this happen before the end of the series.

Fuel for the fire-
    Meanwhile the Priss vs Riful-Doll fight continues. It looks like Priss has things well in hand as RD is taking more and more damage. Certainly Rubel figures he doesn't need to stick around since Dae already stated the outcome. (Plus getting Dae's take on half-awakened.) But Dae thinks he might want to. RD had regenerated and is pressing the attack. Seems she found a source of fuel. The remains of the Destroyer Priss puked up. And now she can steal energy by stabbing Priss. So Priscilla can't do her usual strategy of taking hits and regenerating. If she does that she'll run out of energy first since RD can just drain hers. Of course Dae really likes seeing this change to the battle.

Cassandra Lives-
    As for the Cassandra fight, well it's not over. Yeah Claire shredded the Priscilla that was forming. But this wasn't exactly fatal. Rather it caused Cassandra's mind to regain control. I have to admit I'm a little surprised. I figured the attack had to have hit her vitals. Either they were moved elsewhere at the time, or Cassandra doesn't have vital organs to hit. If that's the case the only way to kill her is by exhaustion. Well at least now the ghosts original plan of trying to gain Cassandra as an ally can proceed. Except the awakened don't seem to remember that was the plan, and attack Cass. Big mistake. It seems that being controlled by Priss was really slowing her down. Now Cassandra is fighting at full power. And Europa takes that as her cue to get out of there, shooting past Cynthia, Tabitha, and Yuma, on her way to Rabona...

The Final Army-
    Perhaps unsurprisingly Europa is off to get herself some entrails. She reminds the audience that she did say she get's hungry quickly in this form. So it looks like it's up to Galatea, Maita and Clarice to stop her. Oh and most of the other Claymore's of Clarice's generation. I don't see the shrimp twins but most of the others are there. This raises the question of how they got there so quickly? I believe it was said that it would take twice as long to reach Rabona going overland as by ship, like the ghosts did. But there here now. I guess Yagi wanted to draw them in on last fight. Now Europa is pretty powerful. But there's something that's happened with these Claymores. They've faced stronger foes than Europa. And they've lived. They've gained valuable experience, and that can make a huge difference.

In Conclusion-
    This wasn't a bad chapter, but I don't think it was great. The lack of focus on Claire has gone on long enough. I think the series is nearing it's end and Yagi is just throwing out all the ideas he has that he wants to use. It's not so much filler as it is now or never.

Winner of the Month- Dae. Rubel's reveal about half awakened didn't phase him at all. Heck he promptly came up with an explanation of what makes them special after all.

What does it mean? It means your about to get your butt kicked!

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member number12michael's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Claymore 138- The Exposed Face.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Angillis View Post
    Claymore 138- The exposed face- Review

Hello, and welcome to this months chapter review. Lets start by thanking Gernot for his translation. And now to recapping the results from last month's poll. Okay so nobody thinks half awakening is going to make someone as good looking as Galatea. Fair enough. The standard Shonen power up is also felt to be unlikely, since only one person voted for it. Three of you are hoping for magical girls. That's not as optimistic as it used to be. Four think that Half awakened have the potential for limitless growth. But the winner, with seven votes is that they can pull a Jean, and retain their hearts even after awakening.

The Half Awakened-

We start off with Rubel and Dae talking about half awakened. Seems that all the fab four have the flesh and blood of a loved one implanted in them. We know from Claire that this flesh and blood doesn't even have to actually be a blood relation. Somehow this seems to raise the limit of Yoki release, and to help pull them back. Rubel finds it a little surprising that Dae would espouse such a theory, but Dae points out he did just go on about how hatred makes Priscilla so strong. Rubel wants to know if this might mean that you could make a warrior who would be able to awaken and return by themselves. While Dae would like to have been able to research this, and disect the half-awakened, the Organization is gone, so best he can say is “possibly”. So possibly we'll see this happen before the end of the series.

Fuel for the fire-
    Meanwhile the Priss vs Riful-Doll fight continues. It looks like Priss has things well in hand as RD is taking more and more damage. Certainly Rubel figures he doesn't need to stick around since Dae already stated the outcome. (Plus getting Dae's take on half-awakened.) But Dae thinks he might want to. RD had regenerated and is pressing the attack. Seems she found a source of fuel. The remains of the Destroyer Priss puked up. And now she can steal energy by stabbing Priss. So Priscilla can't do her usual strategy of taking hits and regenerating. If she does that she'll run out of energy first since RD can just drain hers. Of course Dae really likes seeing this change to the battle.

Cassandra Lives-
    As for the Cassandra fight, well it's not over. Yeah Claire shredded the Priscilla that was forming. But this wasn't exactly fatal. Rather it caused Cassandra's mind to regain control. I have to admit I'm a little surprised. I figured the attack had to have hit her vitals. Either they were moved elsewhere at the time, or Cassandra doesn't have vital organs to hit. If that's the case the only way to kill her is by exhaustion. Well at least now the ghosts original plan of trying to gain Cassandra as an ally can proceed. Except the awakened don't seem to remember that was the plan, and attack Cass. Big mistake. It seems that being controlled by Priss was really slowing her down. Now Cassandra is fighting at full power. And Europa takes that as her cue to get out of there, shooting past Cynthia, Tabitha, and Yuma, on her way to Rabona...

The Final Army-
    Perhaps unsurprisingly Europa is off to get herself some entrails. She reminds the audience that she did say she get's hungry quickly in this form. So it looks like it's up to Galatea, Maita and Clarice to stop her. Oh and most of the other Claymore's of Clarice's generation. I don't see the shrimp twins but most of the others are there. This raises the question of how they got there so quickly? I believe it was said that it would take twice as long to reach Rabona going overland as by ship, like the ghosts did. But there here now. I guess Yagi wanted to draw them in on last fight. Now Europa is pretty powerful. But there's something that's happened with these Claymores. They've faced stronger foes than Europa. And they've lived. They've gained valuable experience, and that can make a huge difference.

In Conclusion-
    This wasn't a bad chapter, but I don't think it was great. The lack of focus on Claire has gone on long enough. I think the series is nearing it's end and Yagi is just throwing out all the ideas he has that he wants to use. It's not so much filler as it is now or never.

Winner of the Month- Dae. Rubel's reveal about half awakened didn't phase him at all. Heck he promptly came up with an explanation of what makes them special after all.
    Not just Stab but any hit at all....if you look when Riful Doll Smashes into prissy the first time(and blows he arm off) she stole yoki from her with that hit aswell, so in a way your still right cuz prissy can no longer afford to get hit as from what i can tell even the littlest contact allows Riful doll to take lots of energy.

But amazing Chapter review ! Cant wait till next chapter
    "Keep Eating Shit For The Rest Of Your Life " - 愛憎のロクサーヌ- Roxanne of Love and Hate

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brother Coa's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Great review as always.
    And I am SO for option 1: bring back focus on main character!
    We want Clare back!!!
    "The universe has many horrors yet to throw at us. This is not the end of our struggle. This is just the beginning of our crusade to save Humanity. Be faithful! Be strong! Be vigilant!"

-Emperor of Mankind.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Coa View Post
    Great review as always.
    And I am SO for option 1: bring back focus on main character!
    We want Clare back!!!
    Speak for yourself.

I personally always liked the awakened beings more so then warriors, but when it comes to warriors sadly the ones i like always but the dust cuz they are somewhat evil Lol, Miria is to much of an idiot, Claire(wont even go there).....if anything WE WANT MORE YUMA!!!
    "Keep Eating Shit For The Rest Of Your Life " - 愛憎のロクサーヌ- Roxanne of Love and Hate

Reviewer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by number12michael View Post
    Not just Stab but any hit at all....if you look when Riful Doll Smashes into prissy the first time(and blows he arm off) she stole yoki from her with that hit aswell, so in a way your still right cuz prissy can no longer afford to get hit as from what i can tell even the littlest contact allows Riful doll to take lots of energy.

But amazing Chapter review ! Cant wait till next chapter
    Why did you quote the whole review?

If it's any hit then that does make things worse for Priss. The big arms are less of a threat for energy draining than the hair blades though. The arms are very straight forward in their attacks. The hair can curve and angle. But Priss can be fast if she want's to be. We've seen this a few times, and in one case not seen it. That would be her offscreen owning of Rigardo.

Nice to see I'm not the only Yuma fan.

What does it mean? It means your about to get your butt kicked!

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brother Coa's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

I love Uma too!!!

But seriously, we need manga back to focus around Clare and her quest for revenge.
    "The universe has many horrors yet to throw at us. This is not the end of our struggle. This is just the beginning of our crusade to save Humanity. Be faithful! Be strong! Be vigilant!"

-Emperor of Mankind.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I love Uma too!!!

But seriously, we need manga back to focus around Clare and her quest for revenge.
    Sigh have you not been paying attention, This is so much bigger then just Clares revenge for prissy , its about removing a uncontrollable threat from the land, prissy is a threat to every human on the land.

That is why they all are doing this together even if it means there deaths.

but i get what you are talking about...the story did get a bit side tracked but i guess it was needed for the story, as Yagi wrote it that way

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BleachFan2010's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I love Uma too!!!

Yay for Uma !! (shes full of win)

And I am super excited for the final "showdown". Just seeing clare destroy the Priscilla portion on Cassandra was awesome (she looked so calm). Only the best will fight against Priscilla and she wont go down easy

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BleachFan2010 View Post
    Yay for Uma !! (shes full of win)

And I am super excited for the final "showdown". Just seeing clare destroy the Priscilla portion on Cassandra was awesome (she looked so calm). Only the best will fight against Priscilla and she wont go down easy
    its still hard for me to picture the day when i go to read the chapter and Prissy dies it will seem surreal lol

12. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BleachFan2010's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by number12michael View Post
    its still hard for me to picture the day when i go to read the chapter and Prissy dies it will seem surreal lol
    I know its hard to imagine, Claymore has been going on for so long. And I cant picture what will happen once Priscilla dies, and if there is more Yagi is willing to do how will he end it ?

14. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply