Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 502 by kewl0210 , Bleach 588 (2)

View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Zabuza

7 53.85%
  • Sasuke

6 46.15%
New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Sasuke vs Zabuza

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted xXan's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sasuke vs Zabuza

@Rikudou King

Then you gall right back in overwhelming Zabuza with snakes and not using them just to find him. Its more then obvious Sasuke can summon a ton of snakes and overwhelm him.. Hell summon a sea of snakes like Oro (i do belive he can make something similar even if he did not show it) and Zabuza does not have exactly where to hide.

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Rikudou King's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

... They're basically the same thing. Having the snakes search for Zabuza would obviously involve them attacking once they fount him.

Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

@Rikudou King

This was not about attacking him. It was about finding him using senses more then using a ton of snakes to find him. Of course the snakes are going to attack him following that... What i was getting at is that i believe Sasuke would need to do something similar to Kakashi to find Zabuza asuming he would not just summon lots of snakes and send them out there.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LnDRash's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

The whole scenario is entirely different.

The dogs needed Kakashi's blood to find Zabuza because they had no idea what Zabuza or any of the other people on that bridge smell like. Without Kakashi's blood they would have been unable discern between Zabuza, Haku, Tazuna, Sakura, Naruto and Sasuke.

In this case however there are no other people nearby. If the snakes smell or feel something different from themselves or Sasuke, they know for sure its the target. They should have no trouble at all finding him.
    Click here for what I consider the definition of "simply brilliant"

Quote Originally Posted by syx View Post
    He was once a very charismatic, kind, special and inspiring person. LnDRash was a premium brand, now this brand is called LnDTRash!

5. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xXan View Post
    This was not about attacking him. It was about finding him using senses more then using a ton of snakes to find him. Of course the snakes are going to attack him following that... What i was getting at is that i believe Sasuke would need to do something similar to Kakashi to find Zabuza asuming he would not just summon lots of snakes and send them out there.
    Ah, my error. The dogs relied solely on smell though, while the snakes would be using smell and temperature. Zabuza may be able to hide his scent, but he wouldn't really be able to hide his body heat, especially since the surrounding mist would make the air temperature even lower then normal. We saw that with how easily Manda II fount the Island Turtle, though it did have the advantage of heighten senses. Even hiding underground may not work, considering Kabuto was able to use his tail-snake to locate Naruto in the Island Turtle. So Sasuke wouldn't have to prep Zabuza beforehand or summon that many snakes like Kakashi.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member chilibun's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't remember anybody stating Zabuza can mask his scent. Kakashi's blood only gave his dogs a specific scent to chase after. LnDRash explains it pretty well. I also like to add the the mist hinders Zabuza's vision and his ability to react to attacks as well. His only advantage is that he can determine his opponents general location by hearing, and thus can attack them before they can react properly. So if Zabuza is within range and Sasuke swing's his chidori spear, he can just as easily be caught off guard and cut in half.
    Last edited by chilibun; June 15, 2013 at 01:50 AM.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

@Rikudou King

Sasuke can't summon those sea of snake of oro. He don't have that jutsu nor the manga hinted that he has the ability to do that. Have you seen sasuke use some baby snakes in the manga?

If sasuke can use his snakes in this fight, then using a giant snakes is the best solution for zabuza's mist. Then fighting zabuza is just the same as fighting a fodder. Then this fantasy fight is no doubt a bias as hell. How come the OP wants zabuza to fight sasuke who has aoda/giants snakes on his arsenal? This fight isn't a fight at all. Because this will literally change to aoda/giant snake summon vs zabuza. Oh yea, zabuza pose no threat to aoda.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Look at the date of the OP. Aoda didn't even exist when he opened the topic.

Besides, if it was Aoda "solo" vs. Zabuza, then Zabuza shouldn't have much trouble taking out the snake. Like pretty much any other Jounin level ninja he should be more then capable to dispatch a masterless boss-level summon. The only exception would be if it was some special shit like Manda II, Gedou Mazou, the Pain Dog or one of the Bijuu.

He was once a very charismatic, kind, special and inspiring person. LnDRash was a premium brand, now this brand is called LnDTRash!

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Delbi's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LnDRash View Post
    Look at the date of the OP. Aoda didn't even exist when he opened the topic.

Besides, if it was Aoda "solo" vs. Zabuza, then Zabuza shouldn't have much trouble taking out the snake. Like pretty much any other Jounin level ninja he should be more then capable to dispatch a masterless boss-level summon. The only exception would be if it was some special shit like Manda II, Gedou Mazou, the Pain Dog or one of the Bijuu.
    Ehhh, I'm not so sure. Zabuza simply has a giant sword and water techniques, none of which are of the cutting variety. Aoda is fast as shit, and Zabuza has never used a chakra current through his sword to extend it, so I don't think he'd be able to kill Aoda.

The three primary animal Boss summons (Toad, Snake, and Slug) are all awfully difficult to kill, even for a Jounin. You'd need a specific type of attack to do so, and Zabuza doesn't have it.
    "The line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LnDRash View Post
    The whole scenario is entirely different.

The dogs needed Kakashi's blood to find Zabuza because they had no idea what Zabuza or any of the other people on that bridge smell like. Without Kakashi's blood they would have been unable discern between Zabuza, Haku, Tazuna, Sakura, Naruto and Sasuke.

In this case however there are no other people nearby. If the snakes smell or feel something different from themselves or Sasuke, they know for sure its the target. They should have no trouble at all finding him.
    If i was Kakashi i would just make those dogs target the closes individual to me... No need to get cut... Zabuza was direcly targeting him as the other was somewhat farther away.

Asuming the above is true it means that Kakashi is a complete moron...
    Just make the dogs target the:

1-The closes target.
    2-The target that does not have another smell signal right next to it...

Thing about it. Sakura had that old man next to her, Haku was next to Naruto/Sasuke (dependign on the point in time)... They where also not as close as Zabuza was. Kakashi also can tell the general area by feeling that killing intent or whatever.
    You can add to this the fact that he could instruct his dogs not go in the area where he KNEW Sakura, the old man, Sasuke, Naruto and Haku where...
    Also keep in mind those are inteligent dogs, they speak and think. If they where normal dogs i could understand but as it stands...

The only thing that makes sense to me and not make Kakashi into a moron is that he could not track Zabuza with no smell as he had none. It makes perfect sense for a nija like Zabuza to remove his smell.

Quote Originally Posted by Rikudou King View Post
    Ah, my error. The dogs relied solely on smell though, while the snakes would be using smell and temperature. Zabuza may be able to hide his scent, but he wouldn't really be able to hide his body heat, especially since the surrounding mist would make the air temperature even lower then normal. We saw that with how easily Manda II fount the Island Turtle, though it did have the advantage of heighten senses. Even hiding underground may not work, considering Kabuto was able to use his tail-snake to locate Naruto in the Island Turtle. So Sasuke wouldn't have to prep Zabuza beforehand or summon that many snakes like Kakashi.
    It depends on how much magic those snakes have. In real life snakes have a limited range for that heat detection (several meters) and they can't even tell if the target is a human or a rabit (from what i could find by using google.

Quote Originally Posted by marshall313 View Post
    Sasuke can't summon those sea of snake of oro. He don't have that jutsu nor the manga hinted that he has the ability to do that. Have you seen sasuke use some baby snakes in the manga?

If sasuke can use his snakes in this fight, then using a giant snakes is the best solution for zabuza's mist. Then fighting zabuza is just the same as fighting a fodder. Then this fantasy fight is no doubt a bias as hell. How come the OP wants zabuza to fight sasuke who has aoda/giants snakes on his arsenal? This fight isn't a fight at all. Because this will literally change to aoda/giant snake summon vs zabuza. Oh yea, zabuza pose no threat to aoda.
    Naruto could summon baby frogs even before giant ones. Baby ones are easy. Also back when he was in snake mode he did summon a lot of smaller snakes. Obviously right now he can't puke them like Oro could vs 4 tails but to summon a bunch of them makes perfect sense.

As for the last part... I made this topic before Sasuke showed he can do that. How could i know.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

The water blast should suffice through. I simply don't see a regular boss summon on its own posing much of threat to a a Jounin level ninja. Kisame somehow off-paneled Ponta effortlessly, Sakura oneshotet a Centipede with her fist, Mifune cut Hanzou's Salamander in half, Tsunade ended the fight against Manda while Bunta and Katsuyu weere struggling... and there are probably more occasions I don't remember right now.

Granted, those Sannin summons are stronger then those I mentioned, but I still can't see them taking out a decent Jounin on their own.

---------- Post added at 02:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:03 AM ----------

If i was Kakashi i would just make those dogs target the closes individual to me... No need to get cut... Zabuza was direcly targeting him as the other was somewhat farther away.

Asuming the above is true it means that Kakashi is a complete moron...
    Ninja's can change their position extremely fast thanks to shunshin. What if Zabuza suddenly decided to take another shot at Tazuna? Besides, Kakashi absolutely had to make sure the dogs get the right person, since it was a one time only element of surprise... had he messed up it would have resulted in all of their deaths, since it was literally his only shot at taking out Zabuza.

Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

@LnDRash

Once the dogs have the smell of that lone target it really does not matter if Zabuza would change his position.
    As for the risk of not getting the target was to small to factor. Zabuza was DEFINITELY the only one that was alone and the closes target to him.

Not only that Kakashi did risk his life with that slash:
    http://narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/027/7

His ability to predict that slash was diminished because of the mist. Zabuza could have noticed him and push that sword just a little bit more in...

I mean take a risk like that one you can AT LEAST see if what i said above can be done makes no sense. Only thing Kakashi would need is to pop 1 dog there and have it find that close, separate smell and once its locked in summon the rest.

We also know that ninja can remove the smell:
    http://narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/242/12

Zabuza as an assassin where he is doing his best to remove the target ability to detect him not removing the smell to... It does not make much sense.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It depends on how much magic those snakes have. In real life snakes have a limited range for that heat detection (several meters) and they can't even tell if the target is a human or a rabit (from what i could find by using google.
    Well summon creatures clearly aren't like normal animals, and it's not as if there will be any other heat sources on the battlefield aside from Sasuke and Zabuza.

New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3