Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: rank the shinobi thread

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: rank the shinobi thread

I did put Naruto near the top with all the powerups he had. But in base mode, he doesn't have much that'd make him better than most shinobi that I listed, other than his kage bunshin trickery.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sanadan's Avatar
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    I did put Naruto near the top with all the powerups he had. But in base mode, he doesn't have much that'd make him better than most shinobi that I listed, other than his kage bunshin trickery.
    Ok, just so i am on the same page, base excludes sage mode or includes it. Also wish Sasuke, does base mode include or exclude Sharingan?

These rules ^^
    Meh

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Excludes everything, even though Sage MOde and Sharingan are part of respective power.

Interesting how out of everyoen, you only pointed out Naruto and Sasuke. But I forgot list Jiraiya above Itachi or Minato. I definitely think he's top tier without needing Sage Mode.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Excludes everything, even though Sage MOde and Sharingan are part of respective power.

Interesting how out of everyoen, you only pointed out Naruto and Sasuke. But I forgot list Jiraiya above Itachi or Minato. I definitely think he's top tier without needing Sage Mode.
    I don't think Jiraya takes Minato with base mode or even with sage mode but Itachi and no Sharingan vs Jiraya with no Sage mode, yeah Id say Kiraya takes it.
    I pointed out Naruto and Sasuke because I was mistaken, i thought this was the "how strong is Naruto" thread which basically is another version of the Sasuke thread.
    I have a problem with this base mode thing, I just don't know how to base their strenghts and what base mode is in some cases. Is Kimimaro not able to use his bone techniques? If not then he should be at the very bottom of any ranking
    Meh

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Dunno, all Minato has to hurt Jiraiya with is HIraishin. Jiraiya knows about Minato, and I'm assuming Minato likewise, so he should be prepared. Swamp of the Underworld can take out any tags on the ground. I don't think it'd be enough though, but Jiraiya has shown more in his arsenal.

Bone techniques are jutsu, not powerups.Not sure about Sage Mode though.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member marshall313's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Sasuke View Post
    Key word is defeated. Whether you think its cheap or not is your opinion friend.
    lol who cares.
    Yea, it's just my humble opinion after reading some stuff about itachi and minato in the net/sites. Well, i'm not the only one who had that kind of conclusion/opinion to itachi and minato.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Sasuke View Post
    Minato s just like his son. They both run around spamming two jutsu lol.
    For now, yea. But the thing is, minato was shown in the manga using his only two jutsu, but still, he was already a freaking dangerous than any of the uchiha. He can kill anyone or everyone in a blink of a second. So just imagine if he had another powerful techniques in his arsenal. And the amazing thing is, we're going to witness that soon.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Dunno, all Minato has to hurt Jiraiya with is HIraishin. Jiraiya knows about Minato, and I'm assuming Minato likewise, so he should be prepared. Swamp of the Underworld can take out any tags on the ground. I don't think it'd be enough though, but Jiraiya has shown more in his arsenal.

Bone techniques are jutsu, not powerups.Not sure about Sage Mode though.
    Well it is kekkei genkai (kimimaro) just like the sharingan (not counting EMS which would require outside help) so base sasuke and base naruto and base itachi would imo be them with their respective none "outside helped" strenghts. Jiraya would thus have Sage mode without Ma and Pa, all having their kekkei genkai and also Naruto having his sage mode.
    Imo this is base, as long as it is attainable without some one else equiping a power up on them. Though Tenten would kinda suck at base, no scrolls ^^
    Meh

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sanadan View Post
    Well it is kekkei genkai (kimimaro) just like the sharingan (not counting EMS which would require outside help) so base sasuke and base naruto and base itachi would imo be them with their respective none "outside helped" strenghts. Jiraya would thus have Sage mode without Ma and Pa, all having their kekkei genkai and also Naruto having his sage mode.
    Imo this is base, as long as it is attainable without some one else equiping a power up on them. Though Tenten would kinda suck at base, no scrolls ^^
    Sharingan apparently enhances one's base abilities, according to many members here (other then genjutsu skills, it doesn't), but the bones are jutsu. It's not some kind of powerup, no different from rasengan, Hiraishin, or chidori.

I agree, if they can get the power on their own, it's base. Cursed Seal and bijuu mode aren't base, nor would it be part of their respective person's powerup while Sharingan and Sage MOde are. But my list took in account Edo/non Edo with powerups and without powerups of any kind. Though non-Edo would have Madara below Hashirama.

Not sure if Tenten's scrolls aren't hers. I'd personally count it, like Akamaru with Shino, I guess? They fight with/need the scroll/dog while summons join the fight using a jutsu and don't always obey the summoner.

Banned 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Of course Sharingan enhances Uchiha's abilities. Otherwise, there wouldn't be any point in having it. If Uchihas are constantly fighting with Sharingan activated, they're obviously having benefits from it. Common sense.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

No, Sharingan doesn't provide any boosts in anything but Genjutsu and extreme observational skills. No speed boost. No power boost.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Roman View Post
    Of course Sharingan enhances Uchiha's abilities. Otherwise, there wouldn't be any point in having it. If Uchihas are constantly fighting with Sharingan activated, they're obviously having benefits from it. Common sense.
    Remove the sharingan and the rest need to remove almost everything.
    Meh

Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Azuma View Post
    No, Sharingan doesn't provide any boosts in anything but Genjutsu and extreme observational skills. No speed boost. No power boost.
    That's all they need and are the things because of which they primarily dominate in the battles. Itachi probably never had a lot of power but he was still a God-like shinobi and only a few are able to compete with him.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

That's all they need and are the things because of which they primarily dominate in the battles. Itachi probably never had a lot of power but he was still a God-like shinobi and only a few are able to compete with him.
    You can make that claim about any strong shinobi. Remove mokuton from hashirama, flash speed from Minato, this
    Base mode idea is bad unless it is based on no outside aid.
    Meh

Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sanadan View Post
    You can make that claim about any strong shinobi. Remove mokuton from hashirama, flash speed from Minato, this
    Base mode idea is bad unless it is based on no outside aid.
    What base mode? Where did you read "base" in my posts? Sharingan gives Uchihas advantage in battles over the base state where they don't use Sharingan. What is so hard to understand here? It's the same as Naruto having a lot more advantage in battles with Sage Mode.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

What base mode? Where did you read "base" in my posts? Sharingan gives Uchihas advantage in battles over the base state where they don't use Sharingan. What is so hard to understand here? It's the same as Naruto having a lot more advantage in battles with Sage Mode.
    Base mode, base state, it doesn't matter what it is called. Mokuton is just as much base for hashirama as sharingan is for the uchiha. Or shadow techniques of... Can't remember his name. Base state, define it. No one seems to be able to. Is it just kunai skills? Just hand to hand? What is base state/mode?
    Meh

New Reply
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast