Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: rank the shinobi thread

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: rank the shinobi thread

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Sasuke View Post
    Lol I'm shocked at your fanism. Never say never.
    "Fanism" it may be, but unfounded it is not. If I was really "fanistic," I'd have placed Jiraiya and even base Naruto above Sasuke.

Though, I'm not sure if Itachi could beat Gai. Gai just seems to be on a different level, I was actually thinking of putting him before Hashirama, especially with how he took Madara out of his Susano'o.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Prince Sasuke's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to say but Tobi has been getting dumb up real bad lately, and there's only one person that can expose that jutsu and that is kakashi.
    Kakashi shouldn't even be a real threat to Tobi, that's one of the reason why he's been getting dumb up, it's also why I said skills in potential.

Potentially Tobi should be a threat to edo Madara if kishi didn't screw him over.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LnDRash View Post
    And Itachi has Totsuka + Yata No Kagami, so that sounds about right.

Kabuto should be pretty far up as well, although I'm not entirely sure how to rank him. The Uchiha's can probably take him out with Amaterasu and Naruto can nuke him by spamming Bijuudama... but other then that he'd be a true pain in the ass for most other characters thanks to his shitload of versatile jutsu and borderline invulnerability.
    yea honestly , i almost forgot about that mirror and sword

even the bijuu mode naruto would struggle with sasuke, if he wasnt going blind and was not sick with disease

what bothers me is that he worked for tobi with the akatsuki, but probably could have killed tobi at any time

why did he just not wipe the akatsuki out, i think nagato would have been the only one to give him trouble

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    "Fanism" it may be, but unfounded it is not. If I was really "fanistic," I'd have placed Jiraiya and even base Naruto above Sasuke.

Though, I'm not sure if Itachi could beat Gai. Gai just seems to be on a different level, I was actually thinking of putting him before Hashirama, especially with how he took Madara out of his Susano'o.
    Not really, it just means you like Itachi more then jiraiya and Naruto.

Gai is pretty overated, the gates only give him powers of kages... There are plenty of shinobi with that kind of power.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Not really, it just means you like Itachi more then jiraiya and Naruto.

Gai is pretty overated, the gates only give him powers of kages... There are plenty of shinobi with that kind of power.
    Yeah, so? I'm still more objective than majority of members here, otherwise I would have ranked Itachi higher as he's my favorite. I like Jiraiya, yet I still say he loses to Sasuke. I think Itachi would win based on what he's shown and not shown.

So? He's still pretty powerful with the Gates. He alone did what multiple kage-level shinobi could not to Madara.

And Tobi in one-on-one would win most of his fights. Hell, it took more than two or three shinobi to do any kind of damage.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

gai is a beast

but i think if kisame would have used the transformation and the justu he used against bee

kisame would have defeated gai

someone on here needs to rank all of the strong shinobi, when i have more time ill do an expansion of my list
    Last edited by REN KOUEN; May 08, 2013 at 02:04 PM.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Roman's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Fanism is justified if it's objective and actually true.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, so? I'm still more objective than majority of members here, otherwise I would have ranked Itachi higher as he's my favorite. I like Jiraiya, yet I still say he loses to Sasuke. I think Itachi would win based on what he's shown and not shown.

So? He's still pretty powerful with the Gates. He alone did what multiple kage-level shinobi could not to Madara.

And Tobi in one-on-one would win most of his fights. Hell, it took more than two or three shinobi to do any kind of damage.
    jaraiya in sage mode vs itachi..... would be an intersting fight, i think if itachi was health and not blind he wins, in the status he was against sasuke he would struggle

---------- Post added at 02:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:03 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Roman View Post
    Fanism is justified if it's objective and actually true.
    yes and the fact that none of us are being payed for our opinions, and that this is a fan-based message board with no rules saying we have to be objective

it doesnt really matter

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I definitely know you are more objective then a lot of other people here, but when you make a claim like Sasuke will NEVER be better than Itachi is not thinking objectively.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I definitely know you are more objective then a lot of other people here, but when you make a claim like Sasuke will NEVER be better than Itachi is not thinking objectively.
    i think the story is set up so that sasuke will be the strongest uchiha and naruto will be the strongest senju, when it is all said and done

Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kisame Hoshigaki View Post
    i think the story is set up so that sasuke will be the strongest uchiha and naruto will be the strongest senju, when it is all said and done
    Probably. But not a single shinobi was shown in an awesome atmosphere and spotlight as much as Itachi was. The energy around him and presentation of him as a character builds an opinion of his awesomeness. No one surpasses that.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member KingOfNight's Avatar
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

So now it turned into a thread about how awesome Itachi is ?

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ninjabot's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't really care to get into logistics. I just wanna make it known that Sasuke>Itachi now based on what we know of the two ninja.

First of all, there's no such thing as a "no sickness" Itachi. Because we don't know how fast, strong or how much stamina Itachi has, his fans place it somewhere on the scale of Rikudou Sennin with nothing to base it on. And while Kakashi never went toe to toe with Itachi as an equal, he was always fast enough to stay alive in a direct fight with him, before he was having any MS side effects slowing him down. No reason Sasuke couldn't do the same (especially considering he already has).

Itachi is superior to Sasuke in a lot of aspects, but not in sheer power and stamina, which is the clincher in a fight where both ninja have access to Susanoo. If the two of them got into a fight Sasuke would win 7 times out of 10, despite the fact that Itachi's superior, because his body would always give out before the fight reaches it's climax. Well... assuming Itachi didn't resort to Izanami that is.

Unless this thread isn't talking about flatout strength but rather, well-roundedness and versatility. In which case the list would be made of ninja like Kakashi, Mei, and Jiraiya.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sanadan's Avatar
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KingOfNight View Post
    So now it turned into a thread about how awesome Itachi is ?
    Well itachi is kind of awesome
    I can't rank after spot 1. It's the sage and then too many things are ruining my ability to rank. So many aspects to take into consideration.
    Meh

Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the topic is about overall ability/power/liking of characters, so talking about abilities in individual characters would create endless debates because opinions in this topic are purely subjective.

New Reply
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast