Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 761 by cnet128 , Bleach 597 (2)
New Reply
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Thread: rank the shinobi thread

Banned 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: rank the shinobi thread

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    Other than genjutsu abilities, what else does it enhance? I never said Sharingan didn't afford them benefits, but like Byakugan they don't gain any increased abilities. Sasuke is no faster with Sharingan, Itachi's chakra does not increase if he uses Sharingan, and Kakashi isn't any stronger. No denying the benefits, but apart from genjutsu Sharingan doesn't enhance anything. It does make the user much better at taijutsu, as Sasuke proved against Bee and Raikage.

Without Sharingan, Sasuke would be hit by Raikage. With Sharingan, Sasuke's speed doesn't improve but he's less likely to be hit by Raikage because Sharingan allows him to predict where Raikage will move. That's not enhancing one's ability, but giving an extra benefit, like how Sage Mode gives the benefit of being able to sense.
    Sasuke isn't faster but his reflexes are hightened and his overall awareness of his surroundings is sky high as he's able to follow opponents faster than him, like how he was able to read Naruto's movements after activating the 3rd tomoe at Vote. Genjutsu are a given with it.

Yes, it gives him benefits, in other words, generally speaking, a greater ability to perform in battles. By no means could any Uchiha do the same things without Sharingan as he does with it activated.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shahdan's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

That doesn't mean he needs twice the chakra to use Susano'o, it means he or anyone else needs two Mangekyo for Susano'o, if they have the ability to use it in the first place. if that's the case, shouldn't Itachi have been completely drained and unable to use Susano'o?

Hell, even Kakashi has potential to last longer than Sasuke or Naruto because his chakra control is perfect. If a jutsu needs 20 amount of chakra, he can use 20 while Sasuke or Naruto would use 21-40. Though in Sasuke's case, he likely has much better control than Naruto does.
    Actually, it does. Sussano'o draws upon both the eyes to conjure Chakra in form of a warrior's manifestation. This should be obvious, considering the taxing effects are doubled for the individual using Susano'o.

I don't think so, not for Sasuke at least who has a perfect 5 in ninjutsu. But to each his own.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Roman View Post
    Sasuke isn't faster but his reflexes are hightened and his overall awareness of his surroundings is sky high as he's able to follow opponents faster than him, like how he was able to read Naruto's movements after activating the 3rd tomoe at Vote. Genjutsu are a given with it.

Yes, it gives him benefits, in other words, generally speaking, a greater ability to perform in battles. By no means could any Uchiha do the same things without Sharingan as he does with it activated.
    His reflexes don't seem to increase. Seems like it does because Sharingan allows him to see what's going on before it happens, so he can react earlier or better. I don't disagree with heightened overall awareness of surroundings though, although from what I heard, the Sharingan's ability to see chakra through solid objects was an asspull. Genjutsu still depends on the user's skills. If Sasuke wasn't any good in genjutsu, Sharingan wouldn't help him cast or get out of genjutsu. I'm assuming most, if not all, Sharingan users who can do genjutsu trained for it.

Yes, I'm not disagreeing with that. I never once claimed it didn't offer benefits.

Quote Originally Posted by shahdan View Post
    Actually, it does. Sussano'o draws upon both the eyes to conjure Chakra in form of a warrior's manifestation. This should be obvious, considering the taxing effects are doubled for the individual using Susano'o.

I don't think so, not for Sasuke at least who has a perfect 5 in ninjutsu. But to each his own.
    Yeah, but it doesn't mean it draws twice hte chakra or the taxing effects are doubled. I don't think that's been mentioned anywhere other than Susano'o requiring two eyes and it makin the user's body feel like it's on fire.

How would perfect 5 in ninjutsu mean Sasuke has a perfect or near perfect chakra control? Wouldn't it be more about his ninjutsu? One proof that we have he has good chakra control is the fact that he can cast genjutsu.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sanadan's Avatar
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

About the kakashi precision. I am not sure this is Canon but I remember the series having him say he might be able to get a few kage bunshin out at the Battle on the bridge after they beat sabusa. He seemed uncertain of what he could muster. If he was more efficient then I believ, he would know for certain. In don't think anyone can precise their chakra output perfectly in the series but I'd say those that come closest are the ones with Sharingan and possibly rinnegan.
    Also naruto now in full biju mode.
    Meh

Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, but it doesn't mean it draws twice hte chakra or the taxing effects are doubled. I don't think that's been mentioned anywhere other than Susano'o requiring two eyes and it makin the user's body feel like it's on fire.

How would perfect 5 in ninjutsu mean Sasuke has a perfect or near perfect chakra control? Wouldn't it be more about his ninjutsu? One proof that we have he has good chakra control is the fact that he can cast genjutsu.
    What I have been able to gather is the effect of the techniques. Amaterasu and Tsukuyomi cause immense pain and yet, when one pulls Susano'o out, every cell in the body aches. Itachi mentioned that he should not over-use his techniques, 'not before the sun becomes the moon', Obito also mentioned that Sasuke lost his eye-sight too quickly, as 'he pulled out Susano'o far too soon'. This would suggest that the double MS usage means double the chakra, double the taxing effect, and accelerated loss of vision.

Because he created so many variants. You think he managed perfect 5 variants without any chakra mastery? Come on. Yes, genjutsu would also be a good example.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Amaterasu and Tsukuyomi cause immense pain in the eyes though, not the body. Susano'o should be taxing on both eyes, but it also taxes the body. And Itachi could have been talking about using Amaterasu. And Susano'o probably is too draining and easy to spam, hence why Sasuke was blind much quicker. If twice the chakra was necessary, he should have been tired much earlier.

It is possible. I never said he had bad chakra control, but he might not need perfect chakra control for variants. I do think he has a pretty good chakra control though, at least better than Naruto. At least he can summon correctly on his first try without help.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Crystal Black's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Current Madara
    Hashirama
    Naruto
    Tobi
    Nagato
    EMS Sasuke
    Itachi
    Minato
    KillerBee

I'm not entirely sure.
    Smiling Devil

Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Amaterasu and Tsukuyomi cause immense pain in the eyes though, not the body. Susano'o should be taxing on both eyes, but it also taxes the body. And Itachi could have been talking about using Amaterasu. And Susano'o probably is too draining and easy to spam, hence why Sasuke was blind much quicker. If twice the chakra was necessary, he should have been tired much earlier.

It is possible. I never said he had bad chakra control, but he might not need perfect chakra control for variants. I do think he has a pretty good chakra control though, at least better than Naruto. At least he can summon correctly on his first try without help.
    It's because Amaterasu or Tsukuyomi doesn't offer any defenses for the body itself. They originate from the eyes and sap it directly. Susano'o is wrapped around the user and hence offers a defense for the body and ironically, it consumes the body.

According to the databook, it's a guardian deity that consumes the caster as well, and it also delineates the fact that Susano'o is the 'strength of the tempestuous force that resides inside those, who have mastered both the techniques.' It is only drawn out through the chakra manifestation and for those whose eyes are open to material world manifestation, Amaterasu, and nightmare realm Tsukuyomi. Since the databook repeatedly brings both eyes into the context, I cannot see how this should be ignored.

His variants seem perfect or near perfect in regards to their functionality.

New Reply
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9