Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128

View Poll Results: Who is Bartolomeo working for ?

Voters
180. You may not vote on this poll
  • BB

15 8.33%
  • Marco/ WB crew

9 5.00%
  • Shanks

15 8.33%
  • Kaidou

54 30.00%
  • other

87 48.33%
New Reply
Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece 709 Discussion/ 710 Prediction No Chapter until June 5

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 709 Discussion/ 710 Prediction

Quote Originally Posted by JP_Russell View Post
    Luffy likely has an inherent advantage against Bartolomeo's ability because he's made of rubber.
    That and he has super speed, there's no way the barrier can be activated forever; there has to be a lag time or like Bart stated"If you cross your fingers you can create a barrier" before he can do that i'm pretty sure Luffy can whoop his ass. I was doing my research online about famous pirates of the Caribbean since i know Oda likes to derived his characters name from famous pirates like: Edward"Blackbeard"teach, Anne Boney, Captain William "Kidd" Bartholomew Roberts, John "Hawkins" most of em within the same generations etc..... now i ran into this information where Anne Boney used to work for "Jack", what if that is who Bart is working for??? Oda mentioned him in Punk Hazard so is only a matter of time before he come to light.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member MadieV's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EddyBob15 View Post
    If the King's punch was infused with Haki, then there's no way that it shouldn't have failed against Bartolomeo's power. I'm betting it was just pure brute force.
    What if Bartman is also a Haki user and infused his barrier in it making it like Sentomaru's "strongest defense" or something like that.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member exacta's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 709 Spoiler Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Tonix View Post
    Oh looks like the King's Punch was pretty strong after all

I wonder if Barto's "that person" is the same as Caribou's "that person"?
    Probably.....but I thought Caribou's person would be BB. And I don't think it would make sense for Kaidou to send someone, since Doflamingo would probably give it to Kaidou if he really wanted it. And Bartolomeo doesn't look like the kind of person to hang with Big Mam's crew, so I'm guessing Shanks. It would be very surprising, but it's not likely now that I think about it ......should've have picked "other". I don't see why Shanks would want the Mera Mera No Mi.

---------- Post added at 04:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:31 PM ----------

I found Bartolomeo's power kind of lame and the least surprising answer to last chapters cliffhanger. I'm not going to say it's one of my least favorite fruits yet though because I have a feeling Oda will probably have Bartolomeo use this power in some sort of creative and unexpected way later in the tournament.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Beatrice's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm more surprised seeing Bart working for someone.

The holds no respect to anyone, whoever he's working for gotta be someone special to hold him on leash.
    "Sleep peacefully, my most beloved witch, Beatrice."

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member danzouismadara's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Barto is working for Eustass KIDD, since I feel that his look suits the whole metal theme that Kidd's crew has. Kidd is repel and barto is barrier. PErfect match lol

Can someone message me an anime that's similar to d grayman or claymore or deathnote?

Ive seen Deathnote, deadman wonderland, fairytale, shigurui, ao no exorcist, beelzebub, samurai champloo, code geass, devil may cry, Hakuouki, monster, blood plus, gantz. Basically, something with demons and gore.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MSofAofCOCA View Post
    If Bartolomeo is working for someone, i think it'd be someone from WB/Marco's crew. We don't know much about him aside from his rudeness, but I think he's too nice to be in with Blackbeard. Ie: a member of BB's crew would have actually chucked a real bomb into the audience. Barty is rude as all heck, but he hasn't been established to be cruel outside of the rumors.
    Hmm yeah i wouldn't mind if he turned out to be from WB's crew but i don't get from where you get "he's nice " part . He is not nice at all if you ask me he just likes to be a clown and he doesn't cause prob , at least for now, 'cause he is there to get the mera DF after all . He's not that stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    I think it's a little early to say Bartolomeo is someone's underling. He could just as well be wanting to get the fruit for his little bro, or a friend or a girl. Until more hints are dropped, anyway.
    From the way he's saying it it makes me believe he's working for someone or he's faithful to someone . If that someone wasn't an important person and just his little brother or friend or whatever then he could have just blurt it out straight away . The fact that he's leaving it like that makes me be 100% sure that person is someone important in OP world

Quote Originally Posted by danzouismadara View Post
    Barto is working for Eustass KIDD, since I feel that his look suits the whole metal theme that Kidd's crew has. Kidd is repel and barto is barrier. PErfect match lol
    Hmm i guess he does fit Kidd's image but i would be pretty disappointed tbh . If you work for someone in the NW at least work for a Yonkou who's powerful and can give you the freedom that you need

Banned MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

If the King's punch was infused with Haki, then there's no way that it shouldn't have failed against Bartolomeo's power. I'm betting it was just pure brute force.
    Maybe if he hit Bartolomeo's barrier directly, but he didn't. It was just an aftershock. I think it would take a direct hit with Haki in order to break that barrier of his. And I'm sure not everyone could break it with Haki.

---------- Post added at 03:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:02 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by matzik1212 View Post
    From the way he's saying it it makes me believe he's working for someone or he's faithful to someone . If that someone wasn't an important person and just his little brother or friend or whatever then he could have just blurt it out straight away . The fact that he's leaving it like that makes me be 100% sure that person is someone important in OP world.
    He could have just blurt it away, but that's not how things work. Look I'm not saying he isn't working for some big shot, but it's not a given at this moment. There could be other reasons for hiding the identity of "that person". Among the big shots, there aren't too many people who don't have a devil fruit. I doubt Barto is working for Shanks, for example. As for Blackbeard, it's still unknown whether he can use more than 2 devil fruits. Both Big Mom and Kaidou have been implied to have some kind of ability. Perhaps it could be one of those guys shown watching the transmission from PH. I believe there are plenty of strong guys who are still uncovered.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think that Bart is a part of BB's crew because the members of the crew don't seem to have any DD fruit powers,so I think barto would have been killed on the spot and have his power taken by BB.

---------- Post added at 07:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:15 PM ----------

I don't think Bart is working for wb's crew,BB,kaidou or shanks,first I believe that BB has the power to contain and control more fruits then just two and its seem like to me that none of bb crew members have devil fruits.Plus its been said that BB's crew is capturing pirates with DD fruits so why would bart be working with him.

Also I don't think wb's crew or shanks would work with him because I don't see either of crews working with someone so violanet (Bart gunned down seven innocent people).Lastly why would kaidou send bart to get the mera mera fruit if he could call up doflamingo to send it to him.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member MSofAofCOCA's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm yeah i wouldn't mind if he turned out to be from WB's crew but i don't get from where you get "he's nice " part . He is not nice at all if you ask me he just likes to be a clown and he doesn't cause prob , at least for now, 'cause he is there to get the mera DF after all . He's not that stupid
    I didn't mean that he's nice, but that he is nicer than most of BB's crew.
    Even if he's a commander or even lower under BB, he's a foul-mouthed punk, yeah, but he hasn't appeared to be cruel yet.
    For example, when he threw that ball into the audience and everyone thought it was a bomb, I think that had Laffitte done that (for example), it would have been a real bomb. Also, BB got some of the worst and cruelest prisoners from level 6. To me, Bart doesn't seem to hit that level. And because I don't think BB would settle for anything less than the best of the worst, that's why I think it's not BB.
    That, and Burgess is already participating, though we've yet to see anyone from ex-WB, and I do think we should see someone. It can't be that Marco and the others would just ignore DD auctioning off Ace's fruit.

Although Bart's face seems to fit into Kaido's animal/beast theme, his ability seems to be odd one out. Unless he thinks getting the Mera Mera would make up for that.

I don't see Big Mam or Shanks showing up though. I think they are not at all invested/involved with DD or Dressrosa or the fruit.
    ---

I wonder how far in we'll get into Block C/Luffy's fight before we switch to the others. Either way, I'm happy that the matches are going fairly quickly.
    Also, don't the winners of the Blocks go straight up against DD's men? In which case, Bart and Luffy would not be fighting (providing Luffy wins his own).
    Now that Ricky lost, I also think that Rebecca will lose. If their goals are the same.
    Honestly, Blue Gilly's legs creeped me out a lot.

From the toy soldier's words and Ricky's/Rebecca's actions, it seems that DD rise to power was not completely fair. It would be a nice twist if it turns out he's holding the whole island hostage. Will also explain Law's worries that no one seems to know/be concerned that DD lost his Shichibukai and King position.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey, I just thought of something. Everyone underestimated the King's power, and look what happened (granted, some were right about Bartolomeo's power blocking it, but still). A lot of you believe that Rebecca is weak just because the guy that Luffy easily took down bullied her even though she's called the Undefeated Woman. Since the King's punch lived up to the hype, care to reconsider your thoughts on Rebecca?

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity chess4's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The story is moving forward which is great. The king's punch is very impressive. I think the ole boy Luffy is going to learn it, and it seems like things are about to heat up with Franky and the factor. I think this arc, the strawhats are going to gain a lot of allies. I also think that Bellamy is going to join Law's crew

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted zerocooldx's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tonix View Post
    I guess the King's Punch wasn't strong after all.
    Well...Luffy did say that he had never seen a punch like that before, so i think Bartolomeo is the one that deserves more credit then anything for making the King's Punch look weaker then it actually was. Also Bartolomeo keeps getting scarier and scarier, not only can he block attacks but he seems to be able to redirect the force of the attacks back at the user even though there hasn't been any sign of him absorbing the kinetic energy. And on top of that him mentioning "that person" reminded me the person that Caribou referred to as well. Interesting stuff.

"Upon the back of his body not a wound of retreat scars it."
    One Piece is a series created by a genius, it's a masterpiece, it's like a fine wine, it only gets better with time.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, how barriers can be used for attacking is obvious. Think of Barto's fruit as a specific form of CoA.
    REVOLUTION! FREEDOM!

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member alisdfd's Avatar
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

From the way he's saying it it makes me believe he's working for someone or he's faithful to someone . If that someone wasn't an important person and just his little brother or friend or whatever then he could have just blurt it out straight away . The fact that he's leaving it like that makes me be 100% sure that person is someone important in OP world

Hmm i guess he does fit Kidd's image but i would be pretty disappointed tbh . If you work for someone in the NW at least work for a Yonkou who's powerful and can give you the freedom that you need
    maybe bart boy has a brother and he is called eusiass KIDD it is possible since we dont know his surname

---------- Post added at 06:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:47 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by chess4 View Post
    The story is moving forward which is great. The king's punch is very impressive. I think the ole boy Luffy is going to learn it, and it seems like things are about to heat up with Franky and the factor. I think this arc, the strawhats are going to gain a lot of allies. I also think that Bellamy is going to join Law's crew
    i think law is likely to recruit him and a woman if the person inside sunny is who i think it is then law iss going to recruit her as well

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Beatrice's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey, I just thought of something. Everyone underestimated the King's power, and look what happened (granted, some were right about Bartolomeo's power blocking it, but still). A lot of you believe that Rebecca is weak just because the guy that Luffy easily took down bullied her even though she's called the Undefeated Woman. Since the King's punch lived up to the hype, care to reconsider your thoughts on Rebecca?
    Depending on translation the undefeated woman part comes over as sarcasm.

I'll say it again, it all comes down to Damask.
    "Sleep peacefully, my most beloved witch, Beatrice."

New Reply
Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast