Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Final Villian In HxH

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Final Villian In HxH

Quote Originally Posted by KingOfNight View Post
    And he finally perfected his Hatsu.

Destructo Disk.
    Nah he wouldn't even have his Hatsu figured out yet. He'd literally just punch everyone to death without even using Ken.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member KingOfNight's Avatar
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Phantron View Post
    Nah he wouldn't even have his Hatsu figured out yet. He'd literally just punch everyone to death without even using Ken.
    He's gonna surpass transformed Gon and Meruem combined ?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KingOfNight View Post
    He's gonna surpass transformed Gon and Meruem combined ?
    He'll just punching everyone to death with the standard aura fist, and after the united alliance of HXH characters all fall and drown in despair about how despite all their combined power they can't even get Zushi to fight seriously, Zushi will tell them that he has been fighting seriously and the reason he didnt' use any Hatsu was because he still haven't figured out how to use them yet. And then we'll cut back to way back when Wing was saying, "I may have awakened a monster" and we'll finally realize he meant Zushi, not Gon or Killua.
    Last edited by Phantron; August 08, 2013 at 12:12 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member mrsticky005's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Um, everyone and their brother has access to the Rose. It's more of a miracle that there hasn't been some kind of massive nuclear war in the world of HXH. The proliferation of Rose is way beyond a 'what if a psycho has them'. Heck, Diego has them (they framed the Rose explosion as Diego's attempt to blow his own people up which implies he must have had them) and he's probably not someone you want to have control of that kind of weapon. And because everyone and their brother has them, even if a psycho started launching them there's nothing stopping other powers from launching them back. It's not exactly the case where only one party has access to some doomsday weapon.

Hmm...you're right. But that to me seems to make things worse.
    Still the question shouldn't be what if psycho has them but rather who is psychotic
    enough to use them and not care about MAD? Who doesn't give a crap about dying?

We already know---the residents of Meteor City.

When motivated they do not mess around. I think Gyro is a perfect candidate
    to motivate them to cause some real damage as he is an ant like the residents
    and seems to have a lot of influence on others.

Not to mention you still have Alluka whose existence renders any threat irrelevent.

---------- Post added at 01:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:05 PM ----------

True. Though I guess I just don't see Togashi just having
    Alluka wish away the manga. I hope not at least.

Nobody is a good guy is the same thing as nobody is a bad guy.

I don't think so. They are rather different.
    The first is a rotten world and the second is a possible perfect world.
    How is that the same?

Meryem can only coexist with human when he knows he's about to die because he is not particularly vengeful. That is if he knows he can't rule them all there's no reason for him to go on a rampage so sure he can play Gungi until he dies if he's about to die. That doesn't mean his view of humanity has changed.

I do think that the advent of his death affected his mindset.
    I thin his view did change...if only so slightly. I mean for goodness sake he fell in
    love with a human girl.

If the Rose was never invented the most likely outcome is that Meryem would've gone on conquering the world and probably wipe out something like 90% of humanity (he basically sees human as a waste of space except for the occasional exceptions) and the rest will be on some kind of natural preserve. Maybe some special humans can push for no more than 1 humanburger per meal per Ant but life in generally would still totally suck for humans. The savior of the HXH world is the Rose, not the Hunters, and yet there's a huge section devoted to crying about how the Rose is inhumane and so on. If an alien species landed with the intention to completely eradicate us and only our nukes kept us alive, nobody is going to be complaining about whether alien dying to radiation or whatever is a bad thing. The whole thing is sheer hypocrisy. It's clear that Togashi has very strong environmentalism tendencies, the same way Miyazaki's films have a very strong communist theme behind it.

I don't care if he wants to preach his beliefs but the world he's created, there was no other way. It's not like in real life where it was definitely possible to invade Japan without using the atomic bomb. Togashi offers no solution as to how humanity can possibly defeat Meryem without the Rose or somehow coexist with him.
    But in HxH the rose isn't just used on Meryem. It's used on other PEOPLE.
    Yes nobody cares if all the aliens die from radiation. Hell that's the POINT.
    But I think I WOULD care if I was to die from radiation. Wouldn't you?

It would be one thing if the Poor Man's Rose just was a sure death for
    the intended target but the thing was designed to be contagious.
    It's a weapon that put it's target in the position of self-quarantine
    or risk killing those close to them. It's an indiscriminate murder weapon.

---------- Post added at 02:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:28 AM ----------

You know I actually rather like to see Zushi fight and NOT have Hatsu but just be REALLY good at the basic skills.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Otaku400's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe the last Villian has not showed yet.
    But in the begijnn of the Ant Arc there was a Chapter abbout a guy who never shwon up again. (at the moment i dont know his name^^)
    When i remember there was a text Panel "No one knows is it look or bad that Gon dont meet him yet" i mean this Guy was also and Ant.
    Maybe this guy is appear when the last Arc starts (but i think the last arc is far away)

Or i say it at the post begiinn a new Chara is the Final Villian^^
    Someday a User will appear to save the whole Internet.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member alisdfd's Avatar
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

the final villian will be a zombie
    and the creator of nen

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member futurefrog's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm pretty sure the final villain will be Gyro, it seems like Togashi flagged that pretty clearly guys. Gyro and Gon both have childhoods of father neglect, the difference is that Ging knew he was not fit to be a father and left, Gyro father instead just used him, you could say that Ging leaving was a kind thing. He knows he would not make a good father, Gyro's father likely knew the same but did not care, only caring to use his son for his own gain. This conflict will put Gyro and Gon's ideals at odds with one another.

"If you want to understand someone, find out what makes them angry."

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kindredxiuxiu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Gyro is a very good possibility, based on what you've said futurefrog.

Although I've thought of another idea: what if there isn't a final boss that everyone collectively has to beat. Killua and Kurapika have their personal villains/issues, but what if it was like everyone finishes their personal stories. Kurapika and everyone fights the spiders and that ends Kurapika's revenge. Killua has a final showdown with Illumi and helps Gon out with his battles. And then Gon and Gyro face off in a showdown in his own personal story if that develops. Gon, being the protagonist, will have focus on his story, but Kurapika and Killua's will be equally important in the overall story. Leorio will tag along and help out wherever he can (or he'll be studying forever ;_; ).

Honestly, I don't think we'll encounter another villain like Meryem. I just doubt we'll see such an explosion of power again, and I wouldn't want to see that. I want to see smart battles--and HxH has been able to pull that off pretty well so far.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

If there's a final villian and he actually has brains he'd have to be say weaker than Gon pre transformation because in HXH it's almost impossible to lose if you're actually stronger and have a brain. Pretty much all the case of the so-called 'smart battles' involve the guy being stronger apparently never heard of the simplest concepts in aura which led to their defeat.

The only way someone who has both power and brain could 'lose' will basically be because they get bored. That was what happened to Pariston, for example, as he literally got bored with carrying out whatever his super evil plan was because it was too easy. But tricks like that you can really only pull once before it gets old.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member mrsticky005's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

If there's a final villian and he actually has brains he'd have to be say weaker than Gon pre transformation because in HXH it's almost impossible to lose if you're actually stronger and have a brain. Pretty much all the case of the so-called 'smart battles' involve the guy being stronger apparently never heard of the simplest concepts in aura which led to their defeat.

The only way someone who has both power and brain could 'lose' will basically be because they get bored. That was what happened to Pariston, for example, as he literally got bored with carrying out whatever his super evil plan was because it was too easy. But tricks like that you can really only pull once before it gets old.
    Meryem was stronger than Netero and was arguably a genius. Did he lose because of a simple aura concept? No he lost because Netero fights dirty!

---------- Post added at 03:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:34 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by kindredxiuxiu View Post
    I think Gyro is a very good possibility, based on what you've said futurefrog.

Although I've thought of another idea: what if there isn't a final boss that everyone collectively has to beat. Killua and Kurapika have their personal villains/issues, but what if it was like everyone finishes their personal stories. Kurapika and everyone fights the spiders and that ends Kurapika's revenge. Killua has a final showdown with Illumi and helps Gon out with his battles. And then Gon and Gyro face off in a showdown in his own personal story if that develops. Gon, being the protagonist, will have focus on his story, but Kurapika and Killua's will be equally important in the overall story. Leorio will tag along and help out wherever he can (or he'll be studying forever ;_; ).

Honestly, I don't think we'll encounter another villain like Meryem. I just doubt we'll see such an explosion of power again, and I wouldn't want to see that. I want to see smart battles--and HxH has been able to pull that off pretty well so far.
    I like the idea of everyone fighting their own personal villains.

The way I see it everyone should do their own thing---but they are all tied together.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BurnSchulz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alisdfd View Post
    the final villian will be a zombie
    and the creator of nen
    'creator' of nen?
    I'm pretty sure Nen, in the World of HxH, was more like a discovery than a creration. Because its the Life-Spirit of everything.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

One thing's for certain: Meryem only won (instead of being at a perpetual stalemate) because of Gungi. If he didn't know about the game and was never tested by Komugi, Meryem would probably be battered for hours on end, probably until he really started to take damage or Netero runs out of gas.

Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know if there would be a final villain in this manga in the traditional sense...because there's no overarching storyline, but independent arcs...

However I hope that the last villain of the manga and the most epic will be Chrollo...not just because I like the Ryodan, but because I want more insight into that No Man's Land(forgot the name)...

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrsticky005 View Post
    Meryem was stronger than Netero and was arguably a genius. Did he lose because of a simple aura concept? No he lost because Netero fights dirty!

---------- Post added at 03:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:34 AM ----------
    Having a nuclear bomb goes beyond fighting dirty. Fighting dirty would be if Netero threw a poison grenade and it killed Meryem.

---------- Post added at 05:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:24 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by mousiehamster View Post
    One thing's for certain: Meryem only won (instead of being at a perpetual stalemate) because of Gungi. If he didn't know about the game and was never tested by Komugi, Meryem would probably be battered for hours on end, probably until he really started to take damage or Netero runs out of gas.
    Um, that's totally missing the point of Meryem's power. He was sitting still when Netero first fought him. Netero had to use his name as a lure to get him to stand up. That means, if Netero didn't know this information, Meryem could simply sit down the whole time until Netero runs out of gas and win easily.

To him fighting Netero is just a game like Gungi, which is why both experiences are relevent. Even without playing Komugi, he already figured out that there's a pattern to each individual. Perhaps without playing against Komugi he wouldn't have met someone who can help him get better at these 'games' so quickly but in the end outcome would not change. As Meryem said, the random kid he killed might have surpassed him in some aspect, but it doesn't matter because his power is at the top of the world. Martial arts is no more a game to Meryem than Gungi. If Meryem wanted to kill Netero, all he has to do is do any massive area effect attack on Netero's position since he obviously can trade any amount of hits with him. Even with all the bogus advantages Netero enjoyed (like able to knockback a guy who he can't even damage) the fight would still be over almost immediately if it was to the death.

The only way to defeat Meryem is in a game, and without Gungi, Meryem could've lost in that particular game against Netero, but he's never been afraid to admit that he might not be the best in the world in every random thing.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member futurefrog's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd like to see the personal villain idea.

Gon vs Hisoka (once Gon finally 'ripens')
    Killua vs Illumi (the battle of brothers)
    Leorio vs Med School (the battle of neverending study)
    Kurapika vs Chrollo (battle of vengeance)

But then again that all is just way too obvious for Togashi, so much so that I know he would never do that.
    I think the final villain will be something unexpected to be honest. Togashi never does what anyone thinks.

"If you want to understand someone, find out what makes them angry."

New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast