Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 601 by BadKarma , Gintama 515 (2)
New Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Final Villian In HxH

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Final Villian In HxH

Quote Originally Posted by futurefrog View Post
    I'd like to see the personal villain idea.

Gon vs Hisoka (once Gon finally 'ripens')
    Killua vs Illumi (the battle of brothers)
    Leorio vs Med School (the battle of neverending study)
    Kurapika vs Chrollo (battle of vengeance)

But then again that all is just way too obvious for Togashi, so much so that I know he would never do that.
    I think the final villain will be something unexpected to be honest. Togashi never does what anyone thinks.
    Problem is these fights would all end up as faceroll victories for the good guys minus Leorio against Med School.

Gon would wipe the floor with Hisoka if he is at least as physically strong as Hisoka, which is only a matter of age since Gon has a better school for physical strength. When he does this makes Hisoka's Hatsu useless, so Hisoka must rely on his ingenuity, except Gon is the master of coming up with crazy tricks, so he can't beat him straight up and he certainly can't out-crazy Gon.

Killua pretty much won't lose to anybody just with his speed alone. By definition he can hit you whereever you wants and you can't hit him at all, and unless your head or neck is going to just withstand his fist you're totally dead. For that matter he could also just grab a weapon and stab you to death though I don't think any human is going to withstand Killua's fist with various vulnerable body parts.

Unless Kuroro just dissolve the organization the moment he's caught by Chain Jail, he already had his ability sealed by Kurapika the first time they met when he has 12 other Spiders on his side. How can things possibly get better in a 1on1? Hisoka's betrayal is irrelevent since none of the prophecies mentions Hisoka. The prophecy only spells out the important details, which means Hisoka's betrayal played a minor role in the Spider's deaths. Otherwise the prophecy would probably be something like "Watch out for the clown" or "Watch out for the false April". The fact no such prophecy exist means Kurapika did most of the work in slaying the other Spiders on his own.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member The Invertroid's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Phantron View Post
    Problem is these fights would all end up as faceroll victories for the good guys minus Leorio
    None of those fights (besides Leorio vs. medschool lol) could ever be made into "faceroll" victories for the good guys, because that wouldn't be a satisfying conclusion to their story arcs. Gon vs. Hisoka, Killua vs. Illumi and Kurapika vs Chrollo would have to be close memorable fights if they ever took place. The arguments you posted don't matter because the plot tromps any technicalities in HxH's battle system that would hypothetically make one character unbeatable.

With that said, I don't necessarily think Hunter x Hunter's complex plot threads will end with these one-on-one fights. That would be far too simplistic for Togashi.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Invertroid View Post
    None of those fights (besides Leorio vs. medschool lol) could ever be made into "faceroll" victories for the good guys, because that wouldn't be a satisfying conclusion to their story arcs. Gon vs. Hisoka, Killua vs. Illumi and Kurapika vs Chrollo would have to be close memorable fights if they ever took place. The arguments you posted don't matter because the plot tromps any technicalities in HxH's battle system that would hypothetically make one character unbeatable.

With that said, I don't necessarily think Hunter x Hunter's complex plot threads will end with these one-on-one fights. That would be far too simplistic for Togashi.
    That's like saying if Gon (normal) fought Meryem to the death it has to be an epic battle because he's the main character even though the said battle would literally end after one frame. As is right now these matchup has the antagonists fighting guys way out of their league that it couldn't possibly work without some "I was hiding my power all along" deal, which HXH probably isn't going to do.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm getting a bit psychological here, but I like the idea of the final villain being Gon. Gon vs Himself. That type of set up...but realistically as someone else said the never ending villain of this series will always be the hiatus. -_-'

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member futurefrog's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it is more Hunter x Hunter style for no such thing as a big bad. There is no such thing of black and white in Hunter x HUnter only shades of grey. Not Togashi's style to have a big bad. I think the main plots will resolve without conflicts actually.

For example, I think Kurapika will ultimately give up his vengeance.
    I also think that Killua and his family will make peace with one another.
    As for Gon and Hisoka, I don't know if they will ever fight again (on screen), I can see Hisoka being more of an ally for the remainder of the series honestly.
    And for Leorio vs med school, well Leorio will just finally become a proper doctor.

"If you want to understand someone, find out what makes them angry."

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member mrsticky005's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Phantron;3507386]Having a nuclear bomb goes beyond fighting dirty. Fighting dirty would be if Netero threw a poison grenade and it killed Meryem.

I don't consider the Poor Man's Rose as a nuke but more like a
    Chemical Weapon. Netero using the Rose isn't all that different from a poison
    grenade...except with the poison grenade there's a much better chance
    of survival.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Phantron View Post

Um, that's totally missing the point of Meryem's power. He was sitting still when Netero first fought him. Netero had to use his name as a lure to get him to stand up. That means, if Netero didn't know this information, Meryem could simply sit down the whole time until Netero runs out of gas and win easily.
    Did it even look like he was gonna gas? Meryem "felt a dull pain" from being hammered hundreds of thousands of times. He initially refused to fight Netero but that was before he realized he could never land a hit on Netero with the statue constantly bashing him this way and that. Without gungi it would simply have been a stalemate until one side runs out of endurance. Meryem has no AOE or ranged attack - if he did he would've fired off a bolt at Netero instead of going through the trouble of finding a way in.

Quote Quote:
    To him fighting Netero is just a game like Gungi, which is why both experiences are relevent. Even without playing Komugi, he already figured out that there's a pattern to each individual. Perhaps without playing against Komugi he wouldn't have met someone who can help him get better at these 'games' so quickly but in the end outcome would not change.
    Was it not stated that figuring out patterns of an individual is a gungi skill?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner uberfayt's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Pariston and/or Gyro are good candidates, although my guess is that the final villain for the story will be someone/thing from the dark continent yet to be introduced. Of course there are still villains specifically made for each of the main characters (Illumi for killua, Hisoka for Gon, spiders for Kurapika...) but their purpose in the story is mainly the growth and development of their targets.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Gyro is probably going to be the last villain. He's probably going to grow through the rest of the arcs, slowly taking over Meteor city, since that's where all rejects of society go, and that means the Phantom Troupe, which means Kurapika, which means Leorio and Gon and Killua, which means the Zoldycks, which means Hisoka, and the Hunters association, and Bisuke, and Wing, and maybe even greed Island, and because of his connection to Netero, that could mean Beyond Netero and his gang (if they aren't all killed off), and then it's a all out war where who knows will survive - except Mr. Bean.

Mr. Bean will survive, because he has a desk job.

New Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4