Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 54

Thread: Final Villian In HxH

  1. #16
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member apainlessend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Chicago
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    290
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Final Villian In HxH

    That's just it though...we can't assume there WILL be a final villian....
    He is doing almost everything opposite of standard shonen aside from the power ups.
    There was no climactic battle between GON and the KING.
    Gon met his father.
    And with the exception of KITE...mofos die..constantly...
    CHAIN REACTION - A NARUTO FAN ANIME (More Sasuke Evidence than EVER!!)

    EPISODE I: SAKURA'S TEARS

  2. #17
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member The Invertroid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Country
    United States
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    229
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Final Villian In HxH

    I think there needs to be a final villain in order to tie HxH's various plot threads into a satisfying conclusion. So far, almost all of Togashi's story arcs have ended anticlimactically. It's a consistent theme in the series that sets his work apart from other shonen works, but I don't want to see it continue all the way to the end. There needs to be some kind of epic conclusion that gives us some degree of closure concerning Gon, Killua, Kurapika and Leorio's stories. I can't see how this could be done without a final big bad.

  3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  4. #18
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member heron bpv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Country
    Brazil
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    278
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Final Villian In HxH

    Quote Originally Posted by heron bpv View Post
    Yup, I was madly wrong. Have my thanks for the tip.
    And oooooooh, the awesomeness... the episode delivery the intensity of this fight. It does make you feel the madness inside Gensuru, and worse yet, inside Gon!

    Someday, Über Gon is gonna be the main villain of this series, disputing with Kurapika for rule over the (under?)world. And having Killua going nuts and killings stuff all over the place for his amusement, Hisoka style. Just so the only real good guy of the team, Leorio, can beat some sense into these silly boys.
    You saw it here first! :
    Out from the last anime discussion (the one before the current thread). Page 125.
    Just a quick reminder! xD
    "You can never be certain of any outcome. That is the battle involving nen!
    But even so...
    You fight with 100% confidence that you will win!
    That's the true spirit of a nen-user.
    " - Morau

  5. #19
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Country
    Philippines
    Posts
    11
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Final Villian In HxH

    It could either be kuroro with or without his ryodan, and Zaoldyeck(but i think this one would be more of an arc, when gon and killua would be either forced to be pitted on each other or try to escape/fight zaoldyeck) Silva has plans for killua.

  6. #20
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,152
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Final Villian In HxH

    I don't think there's going to be one because whoever it turns out to be, it'd turn out to be much weaker than Meryem and not really much of a challenge overall.

  7. #21
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    303
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Final Villian In HxH

    No way Killua would fight Illumi. They like each other and there really is no good reason for them to fight.

    Gon and Hisoka? Personally I don't see it happening ever. We might see Hisoka v Kuroro but i think Togashi loves 'em too much. It'll probably be a double KO of some sort.

    Really, out of all the prominent characters in HxH, I can only see Zeno, Leorio, the Zodiac, and members of the Spiders dying.

  8. #22
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Country
    Philippines
    Posts
    11
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Final Villian In HxH

    Quote Originally Posted by Phantron View Post
    I don't think there's going to be one because whoever it turns out to be, it'd turn out to be much weaker than Meryem and not really much of a challenge overall.
    I disagree with that logic. When you stated not much of a challenge, Everyone even older version Gon to Ging has no way of beating meryem, period(in terms of pure POWER, WTH make it everything!). Everyone in HXH is going to be much weaker. I'm not really sure where HxH is going coz I totally cant dig Chimera Arcs dragonball pow levels, just takes the fun away.(tactics, intelligent plot lines, and so on) .Even if they do come up with a good story it just won't be as effective if all the characters would be supersized.

  9. #23
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member lasso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Country
    United Nations
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    88
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Final Villian In HxH

    I don't think there's going to be one.

    The general theme of HxH is that there's nothing like "Villian character", Each time the character that thought to be the arc's Villian appears, it ends being favourited by us readers, The Zoldycks, The spiders, Hisoka, The king. i don't think togashi will resort to the ultimate Villian and the MC fights it, the End will be out of the book, something anti-climatic as usual.

    Just hope he starts drawing again. ^^"

  10. #24
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member KingOfNight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,166
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Final Villian In HxH

    Quote Originally Posted by lasso View Post
    I don't think there's going to be one.

    The general theme of HxH is that there's nothing like "Villian character", Each time the character that thought to be the arc's Villian appears, it ends being favourited by us readers, The Zoldycks, The spiders, Hisoka, The king. i don't think togashi will resort to the ultimate Villian and the MC fights it, the End will be out of the book, something anti-climatic as usual.
    Of course, no Genthru. Just 'cause he wears pointy glasses

  11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  12. #25
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,152
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Final Villian In HxH

    Quote Originally Posted by lasso View Post
    I don't think there's going to be one.

    The general theme of HxH is that there's nothing like "Villian character", Each time the character that thought to be the arc's Villian appears, it ends being favourited by us readers, The Zoldycks, The spiders, Hisoka, The king. i don't think togashi will resort to the ultimate Villian and the MC fights it, the End will be out of the book, something anti-climatic as usual.

    Just hope he starts drawing again. ^^"
    That's actually a pretty significant flaw of HXH. I remember seeing an interview with the guy who directed Spiderman and he said it's one thing you don't want to make your hero some kind of flawless paragon of walking good and your villian someone who just eats babies for fun, but on the other hand if people start thinking your villians are the good guys you're doing a very poor job. The 'nobody is a bad guy' style is a very weak attempt at pretending your characters have depth. If there's a flaw with Meryem's characterization, it's the fact that Togashi never really was able to get across the point that Meryem could never coexist with humanity no matter what. At best he sees a few special chosen like Netero or Komugi being worthy. His best offer to humanity is basically something like "I should've exterminated you all but I guess it wouldn't hurt to let you live in some kind of national park like environments". The whole bit questioning about how using Rose on Meryem makes humanity just as bad is ridiculous dumb. Negotiation with Meryem was never possible.

    In general I think Togashi has a tendency to idolize the dark side of humanity with the argument that the good guys aren't really any diffferent. I don't actually care if the bad guys win, but the problem is that the good guys still win in HXH most of the time so it just becomes hypocrisy. If you're going to basically twist your worldview to make Spiders seem way more powerful than they really are then I expect to see the Spiders burn down the Hunter's HQ, instead of retreating at the sign of any powerful Hunters arriving.

  13. #26
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member mrsticky005's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Country
    United States
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,658
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Final Villian In HxH

    Quote Originally Posted by Phantron View Post
    I don't think there's going to be one because whoever it turns out to be, it'd turn out to be much weaker than Meryem and not really much of a challenge overall.
    I see that you must've missed the part where Meryem says there are different KINDs of strength.
    Just cause someone doesn't have the physical strength of Meryem or aura power doesn't mean they aren't as challenging.

    Take Pariston Hill, we've yet to see ANY nen from him (unless I forgot). Not to say he's weak but nen or no nen
    that guy is dangerous. Why? because he's clever as hell and unpredictable.
    Plus with the advent of the Rose Bomb which you know KILLED MERYEM.
    Whoever has the key to those is in fact the most dangerous character.

    For example

    Gyro + Rose Bombs= Very Bad Situation.


    And this is not even knowing what shenanigans are in the Outside.

    ---------- Post added at 12:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Phantron View Post
    That's actually a pretty significant flaw of HXH. I remember seeing an interview with the guy who directed Spiderman and he said it's one thing you don't want to make your hero some kind of flawless paragon of walking good and your villian someone who just eats babies for fun, but on the other hand if people start thinking your villians are the good guys you're doing a very poor job. The 'nobody is a bad guy' style is a very weak attempt at pretending your characters have depth. If there's a flaw with Meryem's characterization, it's the fact that Togashi never really was able to get across the point that Meryem could never coexist with humanity no matter what. At best he sees a few special chosen like Netero or Komugi being worthy. His best offer to humanity is basically something like "I should've exterminated you all but I guess it wouldn't hurt to let you live in some kind of national park like environments". The whole bit questioning about how using Rose on Meryem makes humanity just as bad is ridiculous dumb. Negotiation with Meryem was never possible.

    In general I think Togashi has a tendency to idolize the dark side of humanity with the argument that the good guys aren't really any diffferent. I don't actually care if the bad guys win, but the problem is that the good guys still win in HXH most of the time so it just becomes hypocrisy. If you're going to basically twist your worldview to make Spiders seem way more powerful than they really are then I expect to see the Spiders burn down the Hunter's HQ, instead of retreating at the sign of any powerful Hunters arriving.
    I don't see HxH as being a "nobody is a bad guy" manga but rather a " a "nobody is a good guy." manga.

    I don't see that being a flaw. In fact I thought that one of the great things about his character is that the more it seemed
    like he COULD co-exist with humanity the faster his impending doom came.

    I didn't see HxH trying to argue that using the Rose Bomb was just as bad but rather that the whole invention of it is evil.
    It's like nuclear bombs, sure one could argue about the "necessity" of Hiroshima and Nagasaki being obliterated but
    the whole concept of total annihilation of a populous is evil.

    I don't see how that's hypocrisy. The good guys win but it's not much better than had the bad guys won is what I see the manga saying.
    How is that hypocritical? I don't get your comment about twisting the worldview. The Spiders are strong but they aren't invincible.
    Nobody is. Not even Meryem and I see that as a GOOD thing for the story.

  14. #27
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,152
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Final Villian In HxH

    Quote Originally Posted by mrsticky005 View Post
    I see that you must've missed the part where Meryem says there are different KINDs of strength.
    Just cause someone doesn't have the physical strength of Meryem or aura power doesn't mean they aren't as challenging.

    Take Pariston Hill, we've yet to see ANY nen from him (unless I forgot). Not to say he's weak but nen or no nen
    that guy is dangerous. Why? because he's clever as hell and unpredictable.
    Plus with the advent of the Rose Bomb which you know KILLED MERYEM.
    Whoever has the key to those is in fact the most dangerous character.

    For example

    Gyro + Rose Bombs= Very Bad Situation.


    And this is not even knowing what shenanigans are in the Outside.
    Um, everyone and their brother has access to the Rose. It's more of a miracle that there hasn't been some kind of massive nuclear war in the world of HXH. The proliferation of Rose is way beyond a 'what if a psycho has them'. Heck, Diego has them (they framed the Rose explosion as Diego's attempt to blow his own people up which implies he must have had them) and he's probably not someone you want to have control of that kind of weapon. And because everyone and their brother has them, even if a psycho started launching them there's nothing stopping other powers from launching them back. It's not exactly the case where only one party has access to some doomsday weapon.

    Not to mention you still have Alluka whose existence renders any threat irrelevent.

    ---------- Post added at 01:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:05 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by mrsticky005 View Post

    I don't see HxH as being a "nobody is a bad guy" manga but rather a " a "nobody is a good guy." manga.

    I don't see that being a flaw. In fact I thought that one of the great things about his character is that the more it seemed
    like he COULD co-exist with humanity the faster his impending doom came.

    I didn't see HxH trying to argue that using the Rose Bomb was just as bad but rather that the whole invention of it is evil.
    It's like nuclear bombs, sure one could argue about the "necessity" of Hiroshima and Nagasaki being obliterated but
    the whole concept of total annihilation of a populous is evil.

    I don't see how that's hypocrisy. The good guys win but it's not much better than had the bad guys won is what I see the manga saying.
    How is that hypocritical? I don't get your comment about twisting the worldview. The Spiders are strong but they aren't invincible.
    Nobody is. Not even Meryem and I see that as a GOOD thing for the story.
    Nobody is a good guy is the same thing as nobody is a bad guy.

    Meryem can only coexist with human when he knows he's about to die because he is not particularly vengeful. That is if he knows he can't rule them all there's no reason for him to go on a rampage so sure he can play Gungi until he dies if he's about to die. That doesn't mean his view of humanity has changed.

    If the Rose was never invented the most likely outcome is that Meryem would've gone on conquering the world and probably wipe out something like 90% of humanity (he basically sees human as a waste of space except for the occasional exceptions) and the rest will be on some kind of natural preserve. Maybe some special humans can push for no more than 1 humanburger per meal per Ant but life in generally would still totally suck for humans. The savior of the HXH world is the Rose, not the Hunters, and yet there's a huge section devoted to crying about how the Rose is inhumane and so on. If an alien species landed with the intention to completely eradicate us and only our nukes kept us alive, nobody is going to be complaining about whether alien dying to radiation or whatever is a bad thing. The whole thing is sheer hypocrisy. It's clear that Togashi has very strong environmentalism tendencies, the same way Miyazaki's films have a very strong communist theme behind it.

    I don't care if he wants to preach his beliefs but the world he's created, there was no other way. It's not like in real life where it was definitely possible to invade Japan without using the atomic bomb. Togashi offers no solution as to how humanity can possibly defeat Meryem without the Rose or somehow coexist with him.

  15. #28
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Riruru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Country
    Canada
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    182
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Final Villian In HxH

    Leorio turns evil after experiencing supreme jealousy at his lack of screentime and becomes more powerful than Hisoka and Ging combined by initiating the powers of Bankai and destroying the world.

  16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  17. #29
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member futurefrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Country
    Australia
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,023
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Final Villian In HxH

    Final Villain is Zushi

    "If you want to understand someone, find out what makes them angry."

  18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  19. #30
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member KingOfNight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,166
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Final Villian In HxH

    Quote Originally Posted by futurefrog View Post
    Final Villain is Zushi
    And he finally perfected his Hatsu.

    Destructo Disk.

  20. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts