Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 (2)
New Reply

Thread: Spade Pirates

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Confused Spade Pirates

What do you think? Did the Spade Pirates and therefore Ace, have some connection
    to Doflamingo? Was he supposed to sit on the Spade Seat? (similar to Law and the
    Heart Seat) Or is it all just coincidence?
    I can't really say I believe Ace had something to do with Doflamingo, but it concerns me.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member PLfighter's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Spade Pirates

Yes this was discusted but it's matter for futere but if that true kaidu action agaist WB get new light.
    DD family is ally to kaido and lose Ace for his enemy WB. But this seam more unlikly becouse ace don't have joly roger mark dd.
    And if ace was part of dd family he must accept to be subordinate and he was captain with full fredoom.
    More probably coincidence but Ace was important character and in one piece not many time oda gives us some like that radomly.
    See in future now I say everething is possibly.

And is more to connect Ace to DD symbol in hat:http://img0120.popscreencdn.com/1631...me-hot-hut.jpg
    DD symbol:
    http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t...Connection.jpg
    Last edited by PLfighter; May 10, 2013 at 11:38 AM.

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Horosho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by I Verdandi I View Post
    What do you think? Did the Spade Pirates and therefore Ace, have some connection
    to Doflamingo? Was he supposed to sit on the Spade Seat? (similar to Law and the
    Heart Seat) Or is it all just coincidence?
    I can't really say I believe Ace had something to do with Doflamingo, but it concerns me.
    No.

(Portgas D.) Ace of Spades (Pirates) = sign of death/bad luck

His name and crew were a reference to the characters doomed fate (and bad luck) as the cursed son of the Pirate King. The ace of spades playing card is considered a sign of death, and bad luck. Ace of the Spade Pirates was doomed to die for carrying on the bloodline of Gol D. Roger. Think back to all of the times during the war, and flashbacks, he made reference to feeling doomed, unlucky, unwanted, and "born under a bad sign".
    Last edited by Kaiten; May 10, 2013 at 12:04 PM.

6. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

By the way, he was offered a Shichibukai position but refused. Following another Shichibukai therefore doesn't make much sense. It seemed pretty clear he didn't want to follow anyone else, until he met Whitebeard, that is.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fox666's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

It's not like Law really follow anyone either.
    Quote Originally Posted by IChallengeYou! View Post
    TOBI IS OBITO

did you say something about timelines?! naruto ate it NOM NOM NOM IT'S GONE.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

i think only person ace followed was WB.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member PLfighter's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

We don't now what ace was doing as pirate beside he was super rokie with bounty 550 milion berry met shanks and atack wb and become in time he crew comander
    we don't now why he refuse shibukai the most obvius he don't have country to protect like the most shibukai or be to weak to survive in new world like moria.
    Ace didin't have crazy plan like bb to became shibukai.Take position as shibukai was more usful to wg than ace. Or just is becouse he hate marines ,becouse they try to kill him before he was born and becouse of that his mother forced her life force to born ace later and die. He hate his father becouse he was marked man before born and make his life harder but in bottom of heart he hate marines more for execution him. And be shichi when grampa is va is take the most part of fun and autonomy becouse garp strict more to his familly than other. I think ace and dd past make some with like luffy law aliance than devotion like have most of his subordinate in dressrosa.Build up about card deck crew is quite short time first heart pirate in shabondy archipelago and first we now ace have crew in marinford war in flashback and not travel like mihawk. And crew member jolly roger name was spade pirate. I don't remember Oda troll as in hint make in the past that is not his style. Now have even more sense when we now younku have underworld network and dd is joker. He can be the most free man in world officialy he is not protection be younku or he was younku and he don't need to bother of protectink teritory it was ace part of deal as younku. He will similar organized like gorusei have marine in pirete world and maybe in futere replace them
    when void century was discover. And dd speach about consecfetion marine vs WB get new light to.
    Last edited by PLfighter; May 12, 2013 at 02:34 AM.

New Reply