Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 502 by kewl0210 , Bleach 588 (2)
New Reply

Thread: Back story for the world in my manga, tell me what you think.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Back story for the world in my manga, tell me what you think.

Souls Within

Back Story- In the world of Aria there were once 3 dominant races, the Ytana, the Humans and the Ceres. The Ytana were a peaceful people who had mastery over magic, the Ceres were a physically weaker people than the Ytana and they could use no magic, however, they were blessed with great minds and because of their great intelligence they quickly evolved and became the most technologically advanced of the three races, the Humans, like the Ceres had no gift for magic but also lacked the great intelligence that gave the Ceres their technological advancements, however, they were also the most versatile of the three races quickly adapting to almost every situation.

The Humans craved the Ceres' technology and tried negotiating for it, but the Ceres were a selfish people who had no interest in sharing their knowledge with outsiders and turned all of the humans' offers and attempts at negotiation. Tensions escalated and both the Humans and the Ceres enveloped in war. The Humans asked the Ytana for help many times but since the Ytana were a peaceful race they refused to get involved in the war. As the war progressed Ceres started gaining ground due to their superior intellect and in desperation threatened to start attacking the Ytana if they did not help, the Ytana still refused and were involuntarily involved in the war.

At one point the Ytana discovered that there was another world and through magic were able to open a portal to it, but what they found there was more terrible than they had ever imagined, it was a demonic world a twisted and dark version of Aria. This world was filled with terrible creatures, some weak and some with tremendous power, all of them twisted and demonic. This discovery turned the tide of the war in favour of the Ytana as they learned to control the lower level demons through magic. Then one day one of the Ytana's demonic summonings went wrong and all of the Ytana race suddenly vanished from the world leaving only their ruined cities behind, the Humans saw this as punishment from the gods and in fear of being next quickly proposed a truce with the Ceres, at this point both races were spent from the war so the Ceres agreed and the war came to an end.

This is just the back story I'd like to hear some opinions on it please.

MangaHelper 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! Farfalla's Avatar
    Country
    Wallis & Futuna
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Back story for the world in my manga, tell me what you think.

I like it a lot^^ But then again, I'm a fan of fantasy stories, so...
    Share the story line with us, I mean, the chapters scripts, once they are done!

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner artistRainwater's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Back story for the world in my manga, tell me what you think.

Hey, sounds good so far. I'm curious to learn how these three races vary in looks, culture, values, and even their architectural design. I can see this as a video game too, actually, in which you'd have to face off these other-worldly demons and solve the mystery behind the Ytana. Do you have a protagonist or perhaps anti-hero at this moment? I'd like to learn more about he/she. Keep it up!

New Reply