Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Shingeki no Kyojin 46 Discussion / 47 Predictions

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Beatrice's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shingeki no Kyojin 46 Spoilers Thread

I guess Reiner developed some kind of Split Personality?

It doesn't excuse what he did but IMO he isn't as hateable anymore.
    He came to care for what he was out to destroy.

But yeah, Bertholdt just became a massive dick.The guy seems to have not a single remorse and he appeared downright cold to me.
    "Your mother died?Shitty luck mate."
    I mean look at him!
    Spoiler show

At least Reiner is showing some emotion but Bertholdt just doesn't seem to give a remote fuck.
    Last edited by Beatrice; June 07, 2013 at 07:35 AM.
    "Sleep peacefully, my most beloved witch, Beatrice."

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Teeba's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

This chapter was awesome! It didn't give us any answers, but I think it shed a LOT of light on everyone's personalities.

Reiner's become one of my favorite characters in the manga, so I was worried he was going to suddenly become this super evil person. Instead, he has a perfect breakdown. He can't deal with anything anymore, and he used his "soldier" persona to cope with the guilt he felt for causing all the chaos to begin with. Its really brilliant. His split-personality is extremely subtle too (Eren can't tell the difference), but also very clear to the others (Bert and Ymir). When he talks about how they handled themselves at Castle Utgard, Bertolt literally has to remind him he's a warrior for him to snap out of it. I'm looking forward to see how much he spirals out of control.

Eren was interesting too. He was so unsympathetic that it was refreshing. I wonder if he'll actually come up with a plan to kill Reiner and Bert, even after he's listened to everything? I mean, if he could do it at age 9, he can do it again.

Ymir was flat out AMAZING this chapter! She has so much sass, but she's also very self-serving. Her conversation with Reiner was really mature, and I loved how she could see right through him. It makes you wonder who she really is, in the titan world. I don't think she was projecting when she talked about Reiner's disassociative personalities, but I think she wasn't the only titan to desert her position as a titan-shifter. Her ability to converse with Reiner and Bert shows a lot of inner strength, I feel. Its also very telling how much she's willing to bend her principles if that means Christa can survive.

I DO worry if we'll ever get any answers, and I also worry characters are going to die without telling us what they know. But for now this is fine.

3. Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Teeba View Post
    This chapter was awesome! It didn't give us any answers, but I think it shed a LOT of light on everyone's personalities.

Reiner's become one of my favorite characters in the manga, so I was worried he was going to suddenly become this super evil person. Instead, he has a perfect breakdown. He can't deal with anything anymore, and he used his "soldier" persona to cope with the guilt he felt for causing all the chaos to begin with. Its really brilliant. His split-personality is extremely subtle too (Eren can't tell the difference), but also very clear to the others (Bert and Ymir). When he talks about how they handled themselves at Castle Utgard, Bertolt literally has to remind him he's a warrior for him to snap out of it. I'm looking forward to see how much he spirals out of control.

Eren was interesting too. He was so unsympathetic that it was refreshing. I wonder if he'll actually come up with a plan to kill Reiner and Bert, even after he's listened to everything? I mean, if he could do it at age 9, he can do it again.

Ymir was flat out AMAZING this chapter! She has so much sass, but she's also very self-serving. Her conversation with Reiner was really mature, and I loved how she could see right through him. It makes you wonder who she really is, in the titan world. I don't think she was projecting when she talked about Reiner's disassociative personalities, but I think she wasn't the only titan to desert her position as a titan-shifter. Her ability to converse with Reiner and Bert shows a lot of inner strength, I feel. Its also very telling how much she's willing to bend her principles if that means Christa can survive.

I DO worry if we'll ever get any answers, and I also worry characters are going to die without telling us what they know. But for now this is fine.
    I agree with everything you said, even though Ymir as you said is just too self-centered.
    Anyway it was nice to know some more about the Ape Titan, but now I hope that we will have even more information because I'm starting to feel that the author needs to tell us, if not all, at least a part of the truth.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Eren is screwed...Personally, I think Berthodlt's reaction is perfectly normal after all they did. If their goal was really to destroy the walls it means that Reiner had no remorses until he sympathized with the others(and particularly Christa) and even now he still wants to protect them despite the fact he killed so many innocents. I am curious to see what will be his reaction when he'll see Christa in Hannes's team.Will he try to kill the others and spare Christa? Or maybe he is lying to Ymir? I'd like that...

I wonder why Christa is that important and how is it possible for them to return to their hometown with the help of the Ape Titan. Now that it's confirmed that the Ape Titan can command the others I think he invented a method to tame them( maybe Isayama wanted to foreshadow that with the cover?).
    Spoiler show
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic172142_25.gif

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Beatrice's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zasz View Post
    I agree with everything you said, even though Ymir as you said is just too self-centered..
    Yeah, unless it's about Christa.
    Then again, we still have no real explanation as to why she handed Christa her Top 10 Spot, although it may be a valid one to think it's the Privilege to reside inside Wall Sina.

Quote Quote:
    Ymir was flat out AMAZING this chapter! She has so much sass, but she's also very self-serving. Her conversation with Reiner was really mature, and I loved how she could see right through him.

It makes you wonder who she really is, in the titan world.
    If anything, Reiner and Ymir really know how to hit the others nerve.

That's the main question ever since Ilse.
    Spoiler show
    Last edited by Beatrice; June 07, 2013 at 01:29 PM.
    "Sleep peacefully, my most beloved witch, Beatrice."

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Beatrice View Post
    Then again, we still have no real explanation as to why she handed Christa her Top 10 Spot, although it may be a valid one to think it's the Privilege to reside inside Wall Sina.
    That's something that I too would like to know, but guess that we will still need some time to touch this topic I guess...

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Ending of that chapter was rather bone-chilling, Ymir totally changing her mood towards Eren cause the otherside showed they had the same objective of keeping Christa safe. Which in itself is interesting that those 3 seem to see the importance of Christa but Eren is still oblivous to everything. In terms of Titans that in a sense keep their humanity, Eren seems to be the newest of that form, since Armored/Big titan attack years ago, was hinted that Ymir used her titan ability to survive a big fall way back and then the only one that does remain as a mystery to when they manifested their Titan form is Annie.

I think Reiner needs Eren more then he is letting on, why else would Annie had tried so hard to get Eren while Reiner was acting as an accomplice directing her in the proper direction to go to retrieve him. This whole thing about Christa, he could be toying with Ymir knowing that Ymir is fond of Christa and using it as a means to force Eren's hand to ally himself with them to go to where they want to go. Since that in itself doesn't make much sense as to the way they all seem to react to different things in their surroundings.

Eren is completely oblivous to nearly everything that a Titan seems to be aware of. Rein and Berth showed a high interest towards the Ape titan, that seems to create the nocturnal titans around him, but what makes that even odder is that Ymir seems to be a nocturnal titan yet she herself seems oblivious towards this ape titan.

Will be interesting if the chpt continues where it left off, but as mentioned in an above post, that cove for the magazine is interesting, it's such an odd thing to doa color drawing of, that it does have to have some meaning behind it. Would be interesting if Eren's powers did allow him to have some control over titan's though I wonder what his limits would be if that is true. Since that is also true when you consider Eren's titan form, he doesn't really have any unique traits other than appearance and the same could be said for Berth, his form is the form found inside the walls of the city. Annie could defend the back of her neck with heavy armor, Rein's body is nearly covered in armor and to an extent Ymir is a nocturnal titan that appears to be very agile. Would definitely be interesting if Eren does manage to manifest a new potential with his titan form that can aid him in the mess he's in since you would think that if the injections his father gave him did turn him into a titan, then said injection should give him some unique properties other than just being able to turn into a titan.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member leiatte's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Demonspeed View Post
    Eren is screwed...Personally, I think Bertholdt's reaction is perfectly normal after all they did.
    I completely agree, I mean its been a while since the incidents happened, I completely agree. I understand that Eren was distraught, but he kind of annoyed me this chapter (I completely understand his reaction), thats why I liked when Reiner told him what do you want from us murderers, do you want us to apologize, Although Eren had all the right to say he would make their deaths excruciating, its just that I'm used to Eren talking a lot, and sometimes when he goes spouting off it annoys me a little, Thats why I loved when Ymir told him to cut it out, because he talks too much, not enough action.

But, I completely agree with Bertholdt's reaction, He has already done the act, He cannot change the past and to someone who just wants to yell for a while because he is in shock, that his comrades were the titans who break the walls. Apologizing isn't going to mean a thing, If it was someone who actually wanted to understand why they did what they did, he/she might have gotten a different reaction (although Bertholdt, doesn't seem like the type to show exactly what he's feeling, like reiner.)

P.S. If I was in Eren's position I probably would react similarly to the way he did, except I think I would ask more questions, Ymir was the one asking the most questions.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Utsune's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shingeki no Kyojin 46 Discussion / 47 Predictions

Does anybody else feel that "saving Christa" could mean turning her into a Titan/Shifter?

Reiner asks before that, "Does this world have a future?"

If he were referring to the humanity, not just the ones behind the walls that we know but in general, does that mean the Ape really is going around turning humans into Titans against the remaining humans? Do R&B consider themselves humans actually? Actually, if Reiner liked Christa so much, then he probably had in mind "reproduction." Maybe his cause is the purge the world of a certain group of people (the humans in the wall as far as we know?)

Even if it weren't turning Christa into a Shifter, does it mean Ymir and Reiner would be selectively saving people from the purge? Sounds a lot like further implication that there are at least two factions at war or something. Also, Ymir's safety is not guaranteed, which adds as support to my previous point, assuming Ymir is from an opposing faction to R&B.

Finally, if the Ape had some sort of ability/method to turn people into some sort of Titans, and they really intend to turn Christa into one of them, and that seeking out the Ape means going home for R&B, could it be that the Ape is on the side of R&B? (also judging from their previous reactions seeing the Ape and all that.)

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fayte's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Utsune View Post
    Does anybody else feel that "saving Christa" could mean turning her into a Titan/Shifter?
    I do. There is a reason why Eren's dad desperately injected him with titan-status. It was obvious he was trying to "save" Eren through those means.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member ImmortalZodd's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Great chapter. The dialogue, characters, the emotions, the tiny bits of info, I'm loving this manga rigth now. Although I was crawing in every page for Eren to utter one simple word to Ryner and Berth: "WHY"

So next chapter? Will the pursuers manage to reach the forest?
    I'm guessing they will catch up with Eren and CO, manage to subdue them, but, since they are already half way to the basement, on Eren's initiative, they will continue to travel towards it during the night..
    http://www.mangareader.net/shingeki-no-kyojin/37/12
    Maybe even force Ryner to close the gap
    http://www.mangareader.net/shingeki-no-kyojin/37/9
    Last edited by ImmortalZodd; June 08, 2013 at 12:38 PM.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Ahhh, so historia really is that important to the plot.... Damn, that is so random... I mean, if she is an ally of humanity and she knows something, why keep it to herself? Unless what she knows is not really that important although it does not seem that likely. Not sure if I like this particular development.

Anyways, I never expected reyner would be insane at this point. I guess it does make a bit of sense. He seems to have been on a long mission so it is not that strange his objectives would get mixed up and confused. Berholt does seem to maintain his sanity though. I wonder who they are warriors for though.

Seeing the historia twist I am more and more convinced that the core of the issue is the royalty. Historia's relevance seems heavily related to her being a noble which can easily be related to royalty and influence people. So the enemy is the king of the humans? It still does not quite add up and there is the fact that reyner and berholt seemed happy about the beast titan. At the moment my guess is that there is another nation which does not have soldiers but rather has only warriors.... renyer and berholt were sent to destroy the wall and infiltrate the country. The ape titan is for some reason working for the other nation. The royalty and nobles are aware of the nation which is threatening them but since they can't actually fight back they keep it to themselves. Perhaps the other nation is made out of human titans? Although if that were the case then humans would have been wiped out already....

It is interesting that the beast titan can control titans like that though, even being responsible for powering them up. I wonder if he can do something similar to human titans. reyner's armored titan form is the strongest to date, while he can be defeated through locks he is still pretty much invulnerable. I would have a hard time believing the beast titan is so strong than he could take reyner and berholt together. Unless of course he could control them to a great extent too.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kannazuki's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

But yeah, Bertholdt just became a massive dick.The guy seems to have not a single remorse and he appeared downright cold to me.
    "Your mother died?Shitty luck mate."
    I mean look at him!
    I don't know. He looks quiet but remorseful there to me. I think he feels sorry, but in a distant, "It's too late for me to do anything now" sort of way.

Quote Originally Posted by Zasz View Post
    I agree with everything you said, even though Ymir as you said is just too self-centered.
    Anyway it was nice to know some more about the Ape Titan, but now I hope that we will have even more information because I'm starting to feel that the author needs to tell us, if not all, at least a part of the truth.
    I agree except I <3 Ymir's selfishness. She has a clear goal: protect Christa. Forget everybody else. :P

On the contrary, it's Eren that pisses me off for being a naïve idiot who raves about getting his revenge like that's going to help anything at all. All it did is lose him even more of Ymir's respect (especially since he's very possibly the weakest one among the four of them, until he learns some new titan tricks at least).

Good question. The Church surely knows the most about the wall, and probably knows some things about how things were before the wall, and what kind of people formed that society... but I think what she knows is fragmented into bits and pieces. In her own mind, Christa may not even realize she knows much of importance. I think she does know some of it is important though. Also I don't think she's just feeling guilty about being born out of wedlock... or is she? I feel like there are things her family (or the Church) has done that make her blood run cold, but she doesn't know what to do about it.

Quote Quote:
    That's the main question ever since Ilse.
    Spoiler show
    Holy cow I just realized something: Ilse Langner looks just like Ymir! Not only that but what if she didn't actually die? What if she was just taken away in the mouth of that Titan without it swallowing her (kind of like Reiner did)? She could even be the same person, but forgot she was a titan just like Eren. Maybe that deviant type just happened to know something and took her "home." If so, it could also relate to what Reiner said about how Ymir should know why they weren't running home (or something like that).

Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't really get why a lot of you seem to bash Eren for his behavior. I mean he just got to know that Reiner and Berthold are responsible for countless of deaths, including his mother. It's the trauma that led to him being extremely fixated on exterminating the titans and now he knows who's the main reason for the mess. Not to mention that they lied to him (Reiner partly) all this time and he thought of them as friends, just to learn that he was bullshitted and acted all buddy-buddy with mass-murderers. He doesn't even have a single clue what exactly is going on because neither of the three are telling him. I can perfectly feel with him, I would most likely be confused and extremely angered too, it's no surprise and perfectly understandable that he acts this way.
    Not saying that it's mature or anything but I would like to see you act all mature in such a situation

That being said, great chapter. Reiner's split personality was a great move and explains a lot.Loved the drawings as well, Isayama portrayed the madness lingering in the air so well. Despite not getting much answers I'm pretty pleased, though this probably means we have to wait way longer to get our answers. None of the three will tell Eren what exactly is going on now.

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kannazuki's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I didn't criticize Eren once for being emotional. That's totally understandable. Being emotional doesn't automatically equate to thoughts of revenge however-- that's Eren's character weaknesses of impulsivity and naivety coming through. (All of the characters have weaknesses we can criticize-- it's a sign of a well-written story that the main character isn't excluded from this.)

To Eren's credit, he's working on widening his perspective on things and thereby improving, but his fixation on revenge just flared right back up in full force right then. What if instead of Annie, the person who killed Sonny and Bean was someone like Eren who's out purely for revenge? You may think he wouldn't stoop to that level in that particular situation but that kind of small-mindedness can be very dangerous in other situations as well. Ymir was totally right to shut him down. A good thing about Eren though is that he's got that great strength of will, so now that he appears to have put his mind to finding out who the "real enemy" is, I expect him to grow even more as a person. Also, I disagree with the person who said Eren's all talk. He tries probably harder than anyone else to do more than just "talk." He just doesn't have the intellect of someone like Armin or the cool-headedness of Mikasa. But he learns from his mistakes for the most part. (Actually Mikasa and Eren are very similar. She's just got a sort of defensively-oriented form of narrow-mindedness and he's got an offensively-oriented one.)

New Reply
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast