Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Shingeki no Kyojin 46 Discussion / 47 Predictions

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Yumpo's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shingeki no Kyojin 46 Discussion / 47 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by kannazuki View Post
    I don't know. He looks quiet but remorseful there to me. I think he feels sorry, but in a distant, "It's too late for me to do anything now" sort of way.
    This. This is how I felt when reading this specific line in the raw version. The scanlations, I think, have a hard time translating the emotion in Bertolt's dialogue for this one. Or they probably just want to portray him as a massive d*ck.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ca12nag3's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fayte View Post
    I do. There is a reason why Eren's dad desperately injected him with titan-status. It was obvious he was trying to "save" Eren through those means.
    Since when did he infect him with *titan virus*? dont get me wrong its possible but that remains to be seen. What if what his dad gave him allowed him to take control of the titan inside him?

What im sugesting is that its possible that everyone is infected already and that it can be activated why? Well howcome there are these titans inside the wall?

They are humans to begin with that are infected. All titans are. We only have a handfull of examples of people that seem to be able to control it. Annie,Bertold,Reiner,Ymir and just recently Eren. If titans are actually human to begin with then what are they? Eren almost lost his mind the 2nd time just before he could plug the hole in the wall. And its not just that he lost his mind but seemingly that thing then starts to attack people. Eren wasnt even there *well he was but in his hallucination* And it moved on its own.

Also Annie deliberately killed those 2 captured titans. Figures no? They would have cut out the 2 humans inside, but they probably have gone mad anyhow and it would have revealed people are inside, well its not crazy since they cut out the back of the neck, thats where the human is thats powering those things.

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Newkerzy's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Honestly, I don't know whether the mangaka just wants to keep dragging out the story or he has an overarching plan. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna get bashed for this, but for every question in the story, he has to at least answer them little by little. The biggest criticism I have for this manga is that there's so many questions, yet so little resolution.

If a story just keeps on piling up the questions without little resolution, it simply bogs down the story, and leaves little plot progression. I was hoping that after my hiatus, some answers would be answered, but I guess I have to wait much longer, judging by the pace. Even FMA was better-paced than this.

The 7 Dragons Of Fiore

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fayte's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ca12nag3 View Post
    Since when did he infect him with *titan virus*? What if what his dad gave him allowed him to take control of the titan inside him?
    ...because Eren said, "Whatever it is I've become, he's also the one responsible for it."

Source:
    http://i13.mangareader.net/shingeki-...in-2275183.jpg
    http://i37.mangareader.net/shingeki-...in-1813325.jpg

Also, if Eren had titan powers at birth, he would have transformed when trying to save Mikasa as a child.
    Last edited by Fayte; June 09, 2013 at 05:15 PM.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Utsune's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Concerning the real enemy, which has been cut off by Reiner, I've been searching and thinking of the list of things Ymir could say.

In the Japanese raw, Ymir says, "...the real enemy is 'se-'......"

In Japanese, 'se-' can be prefixed to many things, below are a result of some thoughts and ideas I've gathered across the web:

seifu - government

sekai - world

senzo - ancestors

sensou - war

se-la muun - sailor moon

seishokusha - clerics

seijin - saints/religious figures

seishakusha - producer

seifukusha - conqueror

Of course, some are more probable than others. For example, Ymir probably won't randomly bring up 'conquerors' out of nowhere.

As an aside, the phrase used in the sentence kinda implies it is a 'group' rather than a person.

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

...because Eren said, "Whatever it is I've become, he's also the one responsible for it."
    Whatever it is he has become, and his dad is responsible> thats Eren's assumption. He assumes that his dad changed him into a titan, or along that line. That does not make it true.
    Source:
    http://i13.mangareader.net/shingeki-...in-2275183.jpg
    http://i37.mangareader.net/shingeki-...in-1813325.jpg

Also, if Eren had titan powers at birth, he would have transformed when trying to save Mikasa as a child.

If he had it at birth you assume again that he would have transformed, there is your assumption again. Thats nice if its for your theory but not to debunk others. My theory goes that you need to meet certain conditions to even transform, maybe Eren wasnt matured enough to do it. Or perhaps you need a vengeful nature? Who knows. Or maybe its even just random.

You cant just go with 1 and exclude the other cause you want to, for now both options are open. It could be that his father did infect him with a titan virus. Or that his dad gave him something to control it. That thats the gift his father gave him.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

It would make sense that she would have meant to say «government» or «clerics» since it's already been stated that they know a lot more that they are willing to say. (Titans in the wall).

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member teioh's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Whatever it is he has become, and his dad is responsible> thats Eren's assumption. He assumes that his dad changed him into a titan, or along that line. That does not make it true.

If he had it at birth you assume again that he would have transformed, there is your assumption again. Thats nice if its for your theory but not to debunk others. My theory goes that you need to meet certain conditions to even transform, maybe Eren wasnt matured enough to do it. Or perhaps you need a vengeful nature? Who knows. Or maybe its even just random.

You cant just go with 1 and exclude the other cause you want to, for now both options are open. It could be that his father did infect him with a titan virus. Or that his dad gave him something to control it. That thats the gift his father gave him.
    I used to think like you about Eren's injection.
    BUT the last 2 anime episodes clearly reminded that his father give him the "power" of the titan, the same Dr.Grisha appeared a bit shocked about what he did and he said that's for his and Mikasa/Armin own good.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kannazuki's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by teioh View Post
    BUT the last 2 anime episodes clearly reminded that his father give him the "power" of the titan, the same Dr.Grisha appeared a bit shocked about what he did and he said that's for his and Mikasa/Armin own good.
    Still, that's just Eren's memory and we don't know what's "for his own good." Maybe he just injected the means to control the titan power via "memories" from others, and he's crying because it means that Eren will have to suffer with that burden.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Utsune View Post
    Spoiler show

Sorry for random posts, just thought of new ideas after a nice hot shower lol.

seibutsu heiki - biological weapon

sensei - teacher

seizousha - creator (of Titans maybe?)

seiyoujin - Westerners (as oppose to Mikasa's "Easterners" race)

senshi - warrior

se-ga- - sega

senpuuki - electric fan

Btw, 'sensou' (war) is just as plausible in the sentence.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

although it's comprised of "se" + "i," doesn't "sei" technically form a different spoken vowel sound from "se" though? And yet that still doesn't narrow things down much. I mean you could still have something really generic like 「世界が嫌い巨人」 (sekai ga kirai kyojin - "world hating titans") or some other advective phrase like that, which means it could be anything. (Somehow I doubt Sailor Moon, Sega, or electric fans are the culprits though-- just teasing, haha.)

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kannazuki View Post
    although it's comprised of "se" + "i," doesn't "sei" technically form a different spoken vowel sound from "se" though? And yet that still doesn't narrow things down much. I mean you could still have something really generic like 「世界が嫌い巨人」 (sekai ga kirai kyojin - "world hating titans") or some other advective phrase like that, which means it could be anything. (Somehow I doubt Sailor Moon, Sega, or electric fans are the culprits though-- just teasing, haha.)

Very good question, and also very good point following The original has it as せー. You might know that せい and せー are interchangeable (but just explaining to anyone else reading this. Because this is written in Hiragana, and that people don't usually write せー in Hiragana, it can be assumed that せい is a valid prefix in this context.)

Is your question this: The second possibility is せ? I assume it could be such, because Ymir got cut off halfway through her speech. By all means, she could have meant a せ prefix, and the ー is simply one way (other than putting ... or っ) to imply she's been cut-off of her sentence, rather than a pronunciation thing. To a native reader, by writing せー, it not only automatically suggests both the せ and せい option, but also gives the impression that Ymir really isn't hesitating in exposing the answer.

As for your suggestion (longer phrase,) this is of course plausible. I just boldly assume that it is a short answer, because if it were a long answer, absolutely ANYTHING could go lol. And I don't supposed Isayama would write in something so pointless in that case. Therefore I assume the 'se-' to be something quite specific. (But then again, the idea you have up there is pretty specific, so who knows......... :P )
    Last edited by Utsune; June 09, 2013 at 07:23 PM.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh I see, I just didn't realize there was the 「ー」 in there and it sounded like it was assumed that "se" could also be "sei" all by itself. When I think about it further though, it would have to be written with the 「ー」 in there so that was relly silly of me, I'm sorry. Yes, I guess both 「せ」 and 「せい」 would be possible. Only thing then is that there are still way too many options as to what she could be saying. (Next time I'll look at the raw myself. I should've done in the first time!)

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by teioh View Post
    We cannot quote anime for being canon, and the power his father gave him can mean anything from titan power or the power to control it. Also its Eren's assumption again, just like everyone assumes these titans are nothing but monsters... yet humans are inside them. Also the wall was build? No it seems titans are inside them... how can that be?
    So characters assuming things doesnt mean its the truth.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fayte's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Are you serious? Nobody writes a story and makes a Mr. Expository infodump false information. That is just retarded, but then again, that follows your pattern of not agreeing with everyone else due to their "assumptions" while clinging to your (less likely) own. It isn't an assumption if it is what the author says. The author said, through Eren, that his father is responsible. That is the exegetical interpretation. What your saying is in the category of eisegesis, because you are trying to believe in what is not there, rather than what IS there.

Quote Quote:
    We cannot quote anime for being canon, and the power his father gave him can mean anything from titan power or the power to control it. Also its Eren's assumption again, just like everyone assumes these titans are nothing but monsters... yet humans are inside them.
    Yes you can quote the anime because the anime is identical to the manga. So yes, it is canon. And stop saying "Eren's assumption." We are supposed to believe what Eren says, as the reader, because this is what the author says. Any idiot could see the emphasis on Eren's dad for injecting Eren with something, and how that is connected to the titan aspect of Eren. The conclusion we are to make is "Eren's dad is responsible," just like the author said. You are the one making the assumptions, not us.

New Reply
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast