Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by kewl0210
New Reply
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Shingeki no Kyojin 46 Discussion / 47 Predictions

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ca12nag3's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shingeki no Kyojin 46 Discussion / 47 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Makasa and her family were the last asians in the world however they did not come from somewhere else. They lived within the wall and perhaps within walking distance of where eren lived as far as we know. In their time there really is nowhere else from where they could come from.
    Thats not true, they came from far, as in beyond the walls. Prior to coming where they lived. So take it as you like it but you'll be proven wrong. I know its very thin but in my assessment they meant beyond the walls.

http://www.mangainn.com/manga/chapte...pter_06/page_7

Im not sure if its acurate to say she herself came from outside the walls, however they say a entire clan. Its hard to believe that only 1 woman(girl) would be left from a entire clan.
    Also the timescale in which it all took place. I suspect that there were other places in the world and that the situation got worse and this may be the last stronghold left.
    Last edited by ca12nag3; June 12, 2013 at 11:44 PM.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ca12nag3 View Post
    Thats not true, they came from far, as in beyond the walls. Prior to coming where they lived. So take it as you like it but you'll be proven wrong. I know its very thin but in my assessment they meant beyond the walls.

http://www.mangainn.com/manga/chapte...pter_06/page_7

Im not sure if its acurate to say she herself came from outside the walls, however they say a entire clan. Its hard to believe that only 1 woman(girl) would be left from a entire clan.
    Also the timescale in which it all took place. I suspect that there were other places in the world and that the situation got worse and this may be the last stronghold left.
    I don't see how you can get from that that mikasa and her family came from outside the walls. I mean, every human within the wall descents from humans who at some point lived outside the walls because the walls are relatively new (100 years old or so). However mikasa and all of her ascendants up to 100 years ago or so would have liven within the wall simply because even today it seems impossible for normal people to live outside the wall. What we have seen does not suggest just yet that mikasa's family could possibly come from a current neighboring nation.

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Knifeshade's Avatar
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Has anybody brought up interactions between human-titans and the average titans?

Because that's one thing I found amusing this chapter. Annie can be all like BFF when she brings along a horde of titans when they were using Eren as bait, to Annie being able to command nearby titans that dinner is ready (read: her).

But Reiner and Bertholdt can't stroll through titan-infested land if some titans see them transform (which brings into question the intelligence of a titan, it's much higher than I expected). But they had no problem with fodder titans back when they kicked a hole in the walls.
    Last edited by Knifeshade; June 20, 2013 at 07:33 AM.
    -

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, deviant titans are overall smarter than expected. Back during the female type titan arc we actually saw a titan learning how to climb trees and getting better at it.

As for annie, she was not in such a fancy position among normal titans to begin with. It just so happened that when the scouting legion and her got to the forest there were not that many titans around. And it makes sense, the legion had that formation which is meant to avoid titans. On the other hand reyner probably just ran non stop in a straight line to the forest, he had no means to avoid titans and probably had a bunch of them following him. Heck, perhaps he even calculated in bringing in a couple of titans as a deterrent for eren going wild.

Overall titans have been as aggressive towards annie as they have been against eren or anyone else so far. Annie at most has the ability to call titans but not control them.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Knifeshade's Avatar
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

No, I think they do have a varying degree of control/leadership over them. Probably not to the extent of Big Foot, but it's there.
    Annie brought a horde of titans when they baited her out. It was noted by Armin, if I recall correctly. Possibly to act as decoy as she went about her mission, who knows.

The two times Bertholdt kicked a hole in the wall. I can't imagine the titans that invaded following it just ALL happened to be in the vicinity. I'm leaning on the thought that it was all calculated, like they rallied them there.

...I dunno, I'm just not convinced that their predicament is as dire as they make it out to be. I swear they could hide from view and transform and the titans wouldn't be able to make one plus one. I dunno. On the flipside, it brings to question to the intelligence of a titan. A topic I remember debating over with Reclaimer, specifically how they make out "our enemy is so and so".
    -

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member ImmortalZodd's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Knifeshade View Post
    Annie brought a horde of titans when they baited her out.
    The mindless titans were probably just running after Annie, which made it seem like she brought the titans.

The two times Bertholdt kicked a hole in the wall. I can't imagine the titans that invaded following it just ALL happened to be in the vicinity. I'm leaning on the thought that it was all calculated, like they rallied them there.
    It's how the wall works. They made districts inside the walls with the purpose of drawing titans to it, so they can focus their defences on smaller area.

8. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ImmortalZodd View Post
    It's how the wall works. They made districts inside the walls with the purpose of drawing titans to it, so they can focus their defences on smaller area.
    Just to put this more clearly. It's been said (don't have the time to go search for the exact page/chap atm) Titans automatically move towards the general area with the highest density of people in it. That's exactly why the wall's defense system has been designed the way it is: the vast majority of Titans will slowly drift towards the towns and leave the the undefended wall perimeter alone.

Now that I think about it, it might as well be that regular Titans just sense Titan-shifters as being huge humans, hence regular Titans would naturally prioritize shifters over small groups of humans. Not sure about this, but it might actually be something worth thinking about.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

No, I think they do have a varying degree of control/leadership over them. Probably not to the extent of Big Foot, but it's there.
    Annie brought a horde of titans when they baited her out. It was noted by Armin, if I recall correctly. Possibly to act as decoy as she went about her mission, who knows.

...I dunno, I'm just not convinced that their predicament is as dire as they make it out to be. I swear they could hide from view and transform and the titans wouldn't be able to make one plus one. I dunno. On the flipside, it brings to question to the intelligence of a titan. A topic I remember debating over with Reclaimer, specifically how they make out "our enemy is so and so".
    Armin did imply it was possible the titans were rallied there by annie in the past. Also, the very objective if having the attacked towns built like that was to draw titans. As the wall is huge they built towns to draw titans so that they did not have to keep an eye on all of the wall. So far she has shown the ability to call titans but overall she has never shown the ability to actually control them.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey there, now we know that the next chapter is going to focus on Irvin, Armin, Conny, Hannes, Mikasa etc. going towards the forest. There is going to be a discussion while they are moving.
    It should probably involve :
    Christa's revelations.
    Conny revealing something about how there was nobody and no bloodshed in his village. This is going to shock Armin.

Overall, I think chapter 47 might give a few answers and Armin is probably going to finally deduce a theory about the Titans origin, though we won't see much of her deductions.
    I like how she accurately and logically comes to conclusions and tries to recheck her train of thoughts for some mistake or oversight.

Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Urrrgghhh, spoilers!

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Yumpo's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I still don't feel like believing in this spoilers until some of the pages are leaked...

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Where are the spoilers?

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Utsune's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Where are the spoilers?
    http://shingekikyojin.net/archives/29058662.html

I saw it here, not sure if this is what everyone's referring to in the non-Japanese community. It's posts #1 and #2, Google Translate kinda works, but the general idea is:

Spoiler show

Pretty epic if you ask me, but still, Pictures or it didn't happen :P
    (Since last month's fake spoiler included Time Loop stuff lol...)

Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm, I'm so confused right now
    Not sure if my assumption that vanihba2000's post was based on leaked pages is true or not anymore, and I don't want to check Utsune's link and spoiler tag. Maybe I should just keep off this thread till next chapter, since I really don't want to know anything xD

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Yumpo's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Utsune View Post
    http://shingekikyojin.net/archives/29058662.html

I saw it here, not sure if this is what everyone's referring to in the non-Japanese community. It's posts #1 and #2, Google Translate kinda works, but the general idea is:

Spoiler show

Pretty epic if you ask me, but still, Pictures or it didn't happen :P
    (Since last month's fake spoiler included Time Loop stuff lol...)
    That's why I'm not believing this until they give some pictures. 2 Days ago, I heard that there were 4 new titans, now it's 2. Seems pretty fishy to me. Eren agreeing all of sudden to Reiner as well. I was going to post that summary but decided against it 'cause it sounded way out of the line. Then again, I'm pretty sure I heard something like this when Reiner and Bert were revealed to be titans...O_O

New Reply
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast