Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Shingeki no Kyojin 46 Discussion / 47 Predictions

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shingeki no Kyojin 46 Discussion / 47 Predictions

I don't buy it either... Two more titans suddenly appear? I am certain we will see more titans in the future but them appearing so suddenly seems like poor story telling. Eren being cold minded enough to save everyone seems unlikely. I have wondered if perhaps regeneration is eren's special titan ability but overall it does not seem like that will be the case. He does not regenerate more than the others so far and overall it seems like his constant need to regenerate in battle is the result of him being an amateur in the whole titan transformation thing.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

My post contained just predictions on what will happen. It seems logical that they will discuss the events while they are going towards the forest, rather than directly barging into action.

Regarding the spoilers posted by Utsune :

Spoiler show
    Last edited by vanihba2000; July 03, 2013 at 12:13 PM.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I just thought of something interesting.

We know that the titan inside the wall have been there for at least a 100 years.

Which means that the poeple inside those titan would be over a 100 years old.

Which might means that when people are in titan form, they stop aging, due to the regenarative ability of the titan.

Which could mean that any of the ennemies : Reiner, Bertholtd, Annie, the ape titan, etc. could actually be that old, provided that they would have stayed in titan for all that time.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kannazuki's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I have been wondering about whether titan-shifting humans age, myself, but Bert and Reiner either do, or still did until five years ago, because Reiner claims they were just "brats" who didn't know anything when they smashed the walls. The only titan-shifting person I suspect is likely to have remained youthful for a significantly long time is Ymir. Next most likely after her would be Annie, but in her case I doubt it highly.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeh, I think being in a Titan form helps you stop aging. A Titan form remains same irrespective of age(as shown by Bert and Reiner).

But you still age normally in your human forms.

But biologically speaking, how can any body not corrupt itself over time? Either the age is expanded a lot (say 400-500 years). Bature will surely find a way to corrupt a Titan's body over time.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vanihba2000 View Post
    But biologically speaking, how can any body not corrupt itself over time? Either the age is expanded a lot (say 400-500 years). Bature will surely find a way to corrupt a Titan's body over time.
    That's not completely unreasonable. A number of creatures/living organisms in our world have incredible longevity and some are even believed to simply live indefinitely (i.e. they continue growing and never die of old age). Lots and lots of serious research work is being done over these kind of organisms.

But anyway, SnK is a work of fiction, so I don't think the laws of biology would be that much of an issue when it comes to Titans and Shifters being able to live for extremely long periods of time. Titans not requiring to feed and being able to regenerate whole body parts (including the head) are good examples of hard-to-justify things which are a given in the Manga.

If you want a plausible explanation about why a Titan might be able to live for centuries, you just need to read the manga itself since it's been implied that a Titan uses elements being found in the surrounding environment to build/regenerate it's own physical form. So yeah, maybe shifters could live extremely long lives by simply using material found in the surrounding environment to substitute for dead cells and organic matter, greatly adding to one's longevity.

Not stating I back the whole "shifters can live for centuries" idea, just saying it wouldn't be that unreasonable given what has been already implied/shown in the manga.
    Last edited by Bandreus; July 04, 2013 at 05:47 AM.

7. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I also think that Ymir is the best suspect for the aging thing since it's been said that she could read the text on the very ancien can of food at Castle utgard.

New Reply
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6