Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ichigo has to master his Quincy powers

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Ichigo has to master his Quincy powers

Not sure if this has been mentione before (and is its probably obvious that he will master his Quincy powers) but I was just thinking about an interesting theme to Ichigo's development.

His hollow abilities reached their height during his fight with Ulquiorra, a hollow.

His shinigami powers reached their height when fighting Aizen, a shinigami.

His fullbringer powers reached their height fighting against the fullbringers.

Ichigo's enemy is now the Quincy so it follows that he will master his Quincy powers.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Ikahel's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ichigo has to master his Quincy powers

As you see, after those 50+ chapters of new arc, all probably "negative" characters are quincies ; p

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member FetherMan's Avatar
    Country
    South Africa
    Post Thanks / Like

Ichigo should invent a new weapon with his hybrid powers. That would be awesome for Kubo to do that. The "Sword-Bow". lol.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, as far as quincy powers go the ones we know of that ichigo could "master" on his own are hirenkyaku, reishi absorsion and blutz. Those are innate abilities that at large require no tools so to speak. The quincy arrow requires a bow. The bow so far is made from that little tool which all quincy seem to have so far. Either ichigo gets a quincy bow or he learns how to do something of the sort with his zampakuto. I hope ichigo at some point combines GT, cero and holy arrow, it would be epic... Then there is volstandig which is definitely induced by an object so I don't think ichigo will get to that. He already has bankai and his shinigami/hollow powers which make him produce power. Then there is blutz which he already knows.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Zeta42's Avatar
    Country
    Ukraine
    Post Thanks / Like

A bow seems too weak for Ichigo. His Quincy weapon should be BFG-9000! The fastest way to turn your enemy into a smoldering stain on the bottom of a crater.

1. Aim at Vandenreich's base
    2. Pull the trigger
    3. Go home

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Cyber34's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm interested in seeing who exactly is going to train Ichigo to use his Quincy powers if it happens.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

It would probably be ryuken.... who else is there? Perhaps he won't need to actually be trained though. Ichigo usually learns by doing stuff, by being pushed. Perhaps his quincy powers will even be easier to master than his shinigami powers. Ichigo has shown that even with shinigami powers he could force techniques out and learn by doing. That is remarkable in that normally mastering shinigami powers requires, perhaps extensive, communication with his zampakuto. Quincy powers don't have that trait and they are innate so perhaps they will be easier to learn the way ichigo is used to than his regular shinigami powers. Perhaps the fact that zangetsu/shirosaki would also be the ones that hold those powers will influence ichigo learning them even faster.... Ichigo learned and completed fullbring in two weeks, there is no reason for quincy powers to require excruciating effort on ichigo's part at large. Even chad has not actually fully developed his fullbring considering he has yet to go through that energy release thing we saw ginjo do with ichigo.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think he will be trained in the strict sense of the term. I think that this is where Uryuu will be re-emerge into the story. Ishida will probably explain the basics of Quincy powers and then Ichigo will train by himself, as usual. He will also progress at a remarkable rate, as usual. My guess is that this is where we'll also get a clear understanding of where Uryuu's abilities lie and more insight into what Quilge said about him.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

yes i am excited about ichigos new training, the training and gaining/regaining of powers is one of my favorite parts of bleach, kubo always makes it very interesting

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    The quincy arrow requires a bow.
    Juha Bach, or fake Juha used Heilig Pfeil without a bow against Yamamoto

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I would think this is a pretty big ass bow. granted he did use the arrow differently from other quincy however the process for the arrow to spear was at large similar to vandenreich's holy arrow thing. Quincy cross, weapon, combine them and shoot. Now, it does seem some quincy do use the holy arrow differently but at least all of them do seem to have the quincy cross to use it with. If you want to get really nitpicky about then I will rephrase then: the quincy arrow requires a quincy cross.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member NoOneInParticular's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't really see Ichigo expanding his skillset any more than he did with the other powers. He's mastered his Zanpakuto, but never developed any other Shinigami skills. He's never even attempted to learn Kido. With Hollow power he never performed Cero or anything like that (not that there was any point, since he already had GT). And his Fullbring was a complete copy of his original powers, even having GT too.

On the Quincy side, he'll probably learn to control Blut to give him an offensive and defensive boost, but other than that? I suppose he might learn to properly control his reiatsu in the same way Quincy master reishi manipulation, but he's not going to completely change up his fighting style and use arrows instead of a sword, or ditch his Bankai in favour of Vollstandig. Even if his Shikai and Bankai get yet another appearance change, it'll likely function exactly the same way.

Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

@kkck

I'm talking about this

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    @kkck

I'm talking about this
    Juhabach certainly has several types of arrows. That one in particular does seem very close to the one used by driscol.... I would think that arrow was also made via the quincy cross though. The manga has yet to suggest you can shot a quincy arrow without the cross at least.

Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Juhabach certainly has several types of arrows. That one in particular does seem very close to the one used by driscol.... I would think that arrow was also made via the quincy cross though. The manga has yet to suggest you can shot a quincy arrow without the cross at least.

He used that technique after his sword got damaged by Yamamoto, and his Quincy Cross wasn't around his hand, but around his left breast
    Clearly the Quincy Cross wasn't used there

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast