Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply

Thread: That Stupid Ruckus.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Tea Leaves's Avatar
    Country
    Water Tribe
    Post Thanks / Like

That Stupid Ruckus.

Yo, I’m Tea Leaves. New and stuff. Figured I’d get this ball rolling by making my own thread.

I prefer manga to anime, unless the animation quality is stellar and provides some gorgeous eye-candy. My favorite manga series is without a doubt One Piece. But I also adore Soul Eater, Beelzebub, Skip Beat, and Deadman Wonderland (among several others).

I like all sorts of different forms of entertainment; gaming, music, and reading consume most of my free time. I’m currently playing through Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon, and after that I plan to plunge into my second play through of Fez, now that it’s been released on the PC (my preferred gaming machine).

As one might guess from my name, I’m an avid tea drinker. My favorite blend is a nice English Breakfast.

Anyways, thanks for having me.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Lothario 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Country
    Costa Gravas
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: That Stupid Ruckus.

Welcoe Tea Leaves, it's nice to have you here on MH!

Second person I've welcomed today and second One Piece fan; But I think that's the only manga you listed that we have in common

What animes do you consider to have "stellar animation" and quality?

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome on MH:
    As gold I too would like to know which anime in your opinoin have an outstanding animation, beacause I think that nowadays only some studios are doing excellent anime. ;D
    Anyway I too am happy to have another OP fan.

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member liductan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

hey, how's it going..I recognized two other mangas you read besides one piece..
    Who's your favorite character in soul eater? And why?
    Well, I watched Beelzebub before but never got far and I thought about reading the manga sometime ago. The problem is, I always want someone's else opinion about what I am about to watch or read. How would you rate it? Any special or different about it than other shounen mangas?
    I have a black-belt in sarcasm, a degree in smartass and experienced in Bitch. Yep, I am damn ninja..

---you have been warned..

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Water Tribe
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you all for the kind welcome.

I guess what I mean by "quality" is that the line work is solid, and there is a constant fluidity to the animation/character movement(s), and the lack of awkwardly long "character reaction" shots. Brownie points for a varying range of facial expressions and vivid colors. Stuff like Chihayafuru, Ghost Hounds, Baccano, Bakemonogatari, and of course the things made by Bones.

But I guess to each their own. We all have our opinions to what looks "good".

Quote Originally Posted by liductan View Post
    hey, how's it going..I recognized two other mangas you read besides one piece..
    Who's your favorite character in soul eater? And why?
    Well, I watched Beelzebub before but never got far and I thought about reading the manga sometime ago. The problem is, I always want someone's else opinion about what I am about to watch or read. How would you rate it? Any special or different about it than other shounen mangas?
    I love both Liz and Patti. I just adore how they work together as not only sisters, but partnered weapons, and how they handle Kid's rather extreme personality. I find them to be humorous, and while at face vault they're superficial and stupid, they have grand layers of complexity and strength I find myself admiring.

As to Beelzebub? It's good: it makes me laugh and will play at my expectations at what I think will happen. Is it the best thing ever? No. But I'm partial to its comedy and solid (if silly) characters. If you're looking for something serious or a series chock-full of epic battles, I'd suggest you look elsewhere.
    Last edited by Tea Leaves; May 14, 2013 at 09:48 PM.

10. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member liductan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tea Leaves View Post
    I love both Liz and Patti. I just adore how they work together as not only sisters, but partnered weapons, and how they handle Kid's rather extreme personality. I find them to be humorous, and while at face vault they're superficial and stupid, they have grand layers of complexity and strength I find myself admiring.

As to Beelzebub? It's good: it makes me laugh and will play at my expectations at what I think will happen. Is it the best thing ever? No. But I'm partial to its comedy and solid (if silly) characters. If you're looking for something serious or a series chock-full of epic battles, I'd suggest you look elsewhere.
    Liz and Patty are awesome!These two are not my favorite weapon. I like tsubaki as a a weapon more but I like Liz and Patty as characters more. You are totally right about how they handle Kidd's personality is beyond. I also, think their group are most compatible compare to other meisters and weapon. Well, they are not my favorite characters because their I love their meister more. I adore Kidd, he's so funny because of his OCD and at the same. He is intelligent and serious.

I'm glad to hear Beelzebub is good..I couldn't get into the anime but something told me the manga would be better. The best thing is, you said it is funny. Now, that really makes me interested. There are not many shounen mangas with goooood comic relief, actually most of the time to me. They seem forced and random.I think I can deal with it, besides if I can read fairy tail. Then I'm good.
    Last edited by liductan; May 15, 2013 at 06:52 AM.
    I have a black-belt in sarcasm, a degree in smartass and experienced in Bitch. Yep, I am damn ninja..

---you have been warned..

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Mazino's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

a tea drinker ... u even have a fav. blend,i just drink every tea that comes to my eyes
    fav. manga one piece is also
    but Soul is the best ....anyway welcome to MH,if u like join the fun-forum,there u can goof around with some weird persons(like me)

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Costa Gravas
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you all for the kind welcome.

I guess what I mean by "quality" is that the line work is solid, and there is a constant fluidity to the animation/character movement(s), and the lack of awkwardly long "character reaction" shots. Brownie points for a varying range of facial expressions and vivid colors. Stuff like Chihayafuru, Ghost Hounds, Baccano, Bakemonogatari, and of course the things made by Bones.

But I guess to each their own. We all have our opinions to what looks "good".
    True that we all have our ideas of what looks good. Fluid animation is definitely a key point, especially in an action packed anime with fight scenes or characters involved in fast moving scenes. What is the last anime you saw? I have just finished Psycho Pass and I think I'll watch Chihayafuru and then go back to Minami-ke's 2nd season; or do both simultaenously.

Before a while ago, my idea of good enjoyable anime was limited to Studio Ghibli releases but now I've tried to watch a few other stuff, but still based on recommendation and not following new animes as they are aired each season. One step at a time.

Country
    Water Tribe
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by liductan View Post
    Liz and Patty are awesome!These two are not my favorite weapon. I like tsubaki as a a weapon more but I like Liz and Patty as characters more. You are totally right about how they handle Kidd's personality is beyond. I also, think their group are most compatible compare to other meisters and weapon. Well, they are not my favorite characters because their I love their meister more. I adore Kidd, he's so funny because of his OCD and at the same. He is intelligent and serious.

I'm glad to hear Beelzebub is good..I couldn't get into the anime but something told me the manga would be better. The best thing is, you said it is funny. Now, that really makes me interested. There are not many shounen mangas with goooood comic relief, actually most of the time to me. They seem forced and random.I think I can deal with it, besides if I can read fairy tail. Then I'm good.
    I like Kid a lot too. His OCD is pretty ridiculous, especially early on in the series. List-wise, I’d say he’s my fourth favorite character, only after Patti, Liz, and Excalibur.

I’m glad to hear you’ll give it another shot! ^w^ Though if it still isn’t your cup of tea, then I apologize for having you bark up the wrong tree.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazino View Post
    a tea drinker ... u even have a fav. blend,i just drink every tea that comes to my eyes
    fav. manga one piece is also
    but Soul is the best ....anyway welcome to MH,if u like join the fun-forum,there u can goof around with some weird persons(like me)
    Hello, and thank you for the greeting!

That’s cool. I sadly can’t say the same, as there are some blends of tea I find too bitter for my palate. But I do like other teas, like Rose Chai, Chestnut, Earl Grey, and Dong Pian.

Thank you again. I may play around in the Fun Forum once I become comfortable with this place.

Quote Originally Posted by goldb View Post
    True that we all have our ideas of what looks good. Fluid animation is definitely a key point, especially in an action packed anime with fight scenes or characters involved in fast moving scenes. What is the last anime you saw? I have just finished Psycho Pass and I think I'll watch Chihayafuru and then go back to Minami-ke's 2nd season; or do both simultaneously.

Before a while ago, my idea of good enjoyable anime was limited to Studio Ghibli releases but now I've tried to watch a few other stuff, but still based on recommendation and not following new animes as they are aired each season. One step at a time.
    My last anime? Hmm. Two weeks ago I re-watched Noein on Netflix while I was working on project, if that counts. I’ll soon need to give Attack on Titan a try, seeing as I have a friend who’s pestering me about it. But, I kind of want to see Seirei no Moribito again before dipping into unknown waters. :B

By any chance have you seen the animated short, Little Witch Academia?

I’m kind of the same way. I’m typically either recommended a series or do research on it before actually watching it. But I think it’s okay to have high expectations, as long as one keeps an open mind about things.

Country
    Costa Gravas
    Post Thanks / Like

My last anime? Hmm. Two weeks ago I re-watched Noein on Netflix while I was working on project, if that counts. I’ll soon need to give Attack on Titan a try, seeing as I have a friend who’s pestering me about it. But, I kind of want to see Seirei no Moribito again before dipping into unknown waters. :B

By any chance have you seen the animated short, Little Witch Academia?

I’m kind of the same way. I’m typically either recommended a series or do research on it before actually watching it. But I think it’s okay to have high expectations, as long as one keeps an open mind about things.
    I've not heard of Noein before, but I'm guessing it must be good since you've re-watched it. What project were you working on; for school or work?
    You should definitely give Shingeki a try; it has some of the best animation I've ever seen and the story itself is solid.

Man...I've heard of any of the animes you've mentioned; I feel like such a noob . No, I've not seen Little Witch Academia; care to sell the story to me?

I research series if I can be asked, I don't always do so. Mostly I'll check MAL to read the synopsis before watching a new series, but I always keep an open mind when trying out a new series; I know there are some that are difficult to get into or take a while to get going. One of the last series I saw, Eureka Seven, took me a good bunch of episodes to get into but I'm glad I stuck to it.

Country
    Water Tribe
    Post Thanks / Like

I love Noein. Granted, it isn't for everyone, since it's kind of long winded and relies heavily on several philosophical theories. But I love all the temporal paradox and branching/multiple universe(s) hypotheses goodness. <3

It was a work project. I'm lucky enough to work from home most of the time, as what I'm paid to do can be done via the internet.

No need to feel that way. Most of my friends can run circles around me when it comes to anime/manga knowledge... Or League of Legends.

Little Witch Academia is actually an animated short (about thirty minutes in length), not a series. It was part the 2013 Young Animator Training Project (which is actually funded by the Japanese government) to well, train new animators. It's charming, like an anime Harry Potter, but it has enough of its own plot and characteristics to stand on its own feet. You can actually find it (translated into English) on Youtube, by the very studio that oversaw the project.

Of course, me trying to persuade you into watching it is self fulfilling. As the larger the fan base and higher the demand, the more likely it is to be adapted into its own series, which is what I want. Well, I mean, the Swimming Anime thing was green lite simply due to a twenty-second trailer, so it's only fair. >w>;;;;

I guess I should give Eureka Seven a second try then. I stopped caring like, after two episodes.

Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey Tea Leavs - nice username! <3
    Welcome to mh as well - if you haven't seen the Tea Thread already - take a look.
    Leave us some comments on your favorites, likes , dislikes , etc.

Country
    Costa Gravas
    Post Thanks / Like

I love Noein. Granted, it isn't for everyone, since it's kind of long winded and relies heavily on several philosophical theories. But I love all the temporal paradox and branching/multiple universe(s) hypotheses goodness. <3

It was a work project. I'm lucky enough to work from home most of the time, as what I'm paid to do can be done via the internet.

No need to feel that way. Most of my friends can run circles around me when it comes to anime/manga knowledge... Or League of Legends.

Little Witch Academia is actually an animated short (about thirty minutes in length), not a series. It was part the 2013 Young Animator Training Project (which is actually funded by the Japanese government) to well, train new animators. It's charming, like an anime Harry Potter, but it has enough of its own plot and characteristics to stand on its own feet. You can actually find it (translated into English) on Youtube, by the very studio that oversaw the project.

Of course, me trying to persuade you into watching it is self fulfilling. As the larger the fan base and higher the demand, the more likely it is to be adapted into its own series, which is what I want. Well, I mean, the Swimming Anime thing was green lite simply due to a twenty-second trailer, so it's only fair. >w>;;;;

I guess I should give Eureka Seven a second try then. I stopped caring like, after two episodes.
    I can't really get into series that delve too deep into multiverses and time paradox stuff, but I'll add Noein to my MAL and maybe one day I will check it out .

What do you do work a living, if you don't mind my asking...

I can't say the same about most of my friends, as I'm pretty much an in solitude when it comes to manga culture amongst my friends, but over the time I've met some people whose knowledge was quite deep, but mostly I refer to my online friends when I refer to myself as a noob.
    As for League of Legends, I don't play it myself( nor any video games these years), but there's plenty of MHers that do, so check out the thread in the video games section if you haven't done so already and join them. How bad are you on LOL?

Ah if it's on YT, then I can watch it alright. If I like it, I'll definitely spread the word . It was insane with that Swimming Anime trailer for the animation company, and then it got serialised! Talk about fangirls being expressive.

2 episodes? Try to push through the first 10-20; that's where I was stuck at. Took me ages to get past that and actually get a run of 3+ episodes per day.

New Reply