Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 85 of 86 FirstFirst ... 35 75 83 84 85 86 LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,275 of 1282

Thread: Fluffy-Cuddle Paradise!

SQUEE x 9000 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Dolphin Does my Bidding!

Quote Originally Posted by Skyguardian View Post
    Ah okay then.

Is anyone watching the Pro Bowl?
    lolz no

Quote Originally Posted by xi0 View Post
    I think it's hard to know if the arm-strength thing is due to his injuries or that fact that he's 37. It's common to QBs his age. And the cold-weather thing is something they've always said about him. He spent 14 years playing half of his games in a Dome, after all.

It'd make sense for him to retire, but it isn't something I've seen brought up or asked about him, that's why it hasn't crossed my mind. That, and him playing so damn well for his age.
    Exactly. He only managed to set yardage and TD records this year. His arm can't be that bad. Hopefully he's learned from Brett Favre, and doesn't overstay his welcome. I haven't heard any retirement talk either, but now would make sense. Athletes don't always know when to hang 'em up, especially guys as competitive as Peyton.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Manning has shown he has more common sense than Favre ever had, both on and off the field. I doubt it'll be like that, but it's always sad when someone overstays his welcome, yeah.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah thought so...

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Manning has shown he has more common sense than Favre ever had, both on and off the field. I doubt it'll be like that, but it's always sad when someone overstays his welcome, yeah.
    Obviously. Peyton seems like a smart dude. He also can do pretty much anything football related he wants after he retries. If he says he wants to go into broadcasting, there would be a bidding war. Seeing him on ESPN would be really weird though

Yeah thought so...
    I can't even remember when they play the damn game now.

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    Obviously. Peyton seems like a smart dude. He also can do pretty much anything football related he wants after he retries. If he says he wants to go into broadcasting, there would be a bidding war. Seeing him on ESPN would be really weird though
    Really? Why is that?

I thought it'd be weird to see Ray Lewis on TV, but he kind of fit in quite swimmingly, to my surprise. I can't say the same for all of the past superstars that become analysts. Emmit Smith and Jerry Rice were/are terrible...

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Really? Why is that?
    Peyton is really good on TV. I've always liked his commercials and SNL appearances. On ESPN he'd be forced to regurgitate stale football analyst cliches and platitudes. I think Peyton would be better calling games as a color analyst, if he goes into broadcasting.

Quote Quote:
    I thought it'd be weird to see Ray Lewis on TV, but he kind of fit in quite swimmingly, to my surprise. I can't say the same for all of the past superstars that become analysts. Emmit Smith and Jerry Rice were/are terrible...
    Ray Lewis is good. Pre and post game analysis is kind of a sorry job, I think he is better than the role he took. He's another one who would be outstanding calling games, and making appearances on Showtime's "Inside the NFL", the best football show on TV, by far. He's good on ESPN, I just think he's over constrained by the limits of what they allow analysts to do, and say.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

This weekend.

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Peyton is really good on TV. I've always liked his commercials and SNL appearances. On ESPN he'd be forced to regurgitate stale football analyst cliches and platitudes. I think Peyton would be better calling games as a color analyst, if he goes into broadcasting.
    Yeah, it's a possibility. Depends on what he wants to do.

Ray Lewis is good. Pre and post game analysis is kind of a sorry job, I think he is better than the role he took. He's another one who would be outstanding calling games, and making appearances on Showtime's "Inside the NFL", the best football show on TV, by far. He's good on ESPN, I just think he's over constrained by the limits of what they allow analysts to do, and say.
    Well, most of those shows are terrible anyways. ESPN employs a dozen different people, saying the same shit over and over for 4 hours.

This weekend.
    Yeah, it used to be the week after the Super Bowl. They even moved it to the off week before the Super Bowl and no one watches it even now.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

This weekend.
    lol right. The "draft" was tonight.

Yeah, it's a possibility. Depends on what he wants to do.
    It wouldn't surprise me if tried to go into coaching. He'll have a lot of options after he retires.

Quote Quote:
    Well, most of those shows are terrible anyways. ESPN employs a dozen different people, saying the same shit over and over for 4 hours.
    There's a definite quality jump from NFL Live to the pre and post game shows. Not that they are much better, but they are still better. Ray is actually good. ESPN is ESPN, expectations should be tempered. College Game Day is there only really outstanding analysis show, and I'm not a college football fan.

Quote Quote:
    Yeah, it used to be the week after the Super Bowl. They even moved it to the off week before the Super Bowl and no one watches it even now.
    Didn't Godell try to cancel the pro bowl at one point?

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I don't know if that was a bluff/play towards the media to gauge interest or whether he was actually serious. I think I even heard he said that and moved it to Florida for one year because the NFL wasn't happy with Aloha Stadium or something. It's the same sort of thing he's doing now with saying they're looking at eliminating PATs in the future. I have mixed feeling towards Goodell for a variety of reasons, but he's pretty media-savvy.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I don't know if that was a bluff/play towards the media to gauge interest or whether he was actually serious. I think I even heard he said that and moved it to Florida for one year because the NFL wasn't happy with Aloha Stadium or something. It's the same sort of thing he's doing now with saying they're looking at eliminating PATs in the future. I have mixed feeling towards Goodell for a variety of reasons, but he's pretty media-savvy.
    He really seemed to want to get rid of the Pro Bowl. The Players Union blocked him. I doubt he is serious about the PAT, it's too basic a part of the game. He definitely is media savvy, not quite David Stern level, but close.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member riki's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It looks like Cleveland got a new HC... let's see how long he'll last

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by riki View Post
    It looks like Cleveland got a new HC... let's see how long he'll last
    I want them to fire him during preseason. That would be an accomplishment. Now they need coordinators. I heard that they want Kubiak, but am already hearing that he is not interested.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted gnut's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

romo to texans

"While many can pursue their dreams in solitude, other dreams are like great storms blowing hundreds, even thousands of dreams apart in their wake. Dreams breathe life into men and can cage them in suffering. Men live and die by their dreams. But long after they have been abandoned they still smolder deep in men's hearts. Some see nothing more than life and death. They are dead, for they have no dreams."

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Is that legit?

New Reply
Page 85 of 86 FirstFirst ... 35 75 83 84 85 86 LastLast