Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's talk about fun "plotholes"

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Rikudou King's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Let's talk about fun "plotholes"

That paralyzing genjutsu paralyzes though, meaning they wouldn't be able to move, and mind control wouldn't allow them to freely speak their mind. Itachi didn't start crying until Fugaku spoke of how proud he was of him. Plus, if a controlling genjutsu was used, then he surely wouldn't have had to do the deed himself. He could have had them kill each other, barring him having to even do it in the first place and no simply handing off the deed to Obito.

We saw them sitting up late before, when they were discussing things with Itachi. One would think that they were waiting up for Sasuke, what with him being so late.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Delbi's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Genjutsu can work any way the user wants it to. If Itachi wanted them to be able to speak I see no reason why he wouldn't allow it. As for them killing each other, that would cruel and is not like Itachi. He did the deed himself, he shoulder the guilt and the pain.

As for them waiting up for Sasuke, certainly possible. But again, I do not see Fugaku, who had very strong feelings for what he was doing, just laying down his life just because his son disagreed with him and wanted to kill him. A man of his position would not allow his son to kill off his entire clan. Uchiha's kill their own all the time throughout history, Fugaku certainly loved his son, but he did have another. I see no reason to believe that he wouldn't have tried to defend himself and his wife.
    "The line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I think there is a plothole surrounding the akatsuki rings. When akatsuki was introduced the rings themselves seemed to be kind of important however nowadays they appear to be forgotten at large. Right now he might as well have never mentioned them and we wouldn't even notice.

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member syx's Avatar
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

What do you guys think about this:

Remember Edo-Itachi and Edo-Nagato confronting Naruto and Bee? We know that Itachi's and Nagato's personality/brain were intact, since they chit-chatted with Naruto and Bee. But they still were influenced by Kabuto, meaning they had to do what Kabuto wanted despite their personality/brain wanting/thinking differently. So they ended up attacking, dodging, countering the enemy with their personality/brain intact.

My question is... why on earth would Itachi use his Mangekyou Sharingan, even though his brain knew "dude... chances are high that you will be "defeated", if you use that thing (MS)".

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shahdan's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rikudou King View Post
    Karin was shown unconscious the entire time, from them traveling from the fight to the place they met up with Obito. So that in itself isn't really a plot-hole.
    Karin was unconscious when they carried her off with the tentacle, but beyond that through out the course of the whole journey? I don't think so or at least I don't remember it this way. I am positive that when Obito showed them the tentacle, Karin was there as well.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Delbi's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by syx View Post
    What do you guys think about this:

Remember Edo-Itachi and Edo-Nagato confronting Naruto and Bee? We know that Itachi's and Nagato's personality/brain were intact, since they chit-chatted with Naruto and Bee. But they still were influenced by Kabuto, meaning they had to do what Kabuto wanted despite their personality/brain wanting/thinking differently. So they ended up attacking, dodging, countering the enemy with their personality/brain intact.

My question is... why on earth would Itachi use his Mangekyou Sharingan, even though his brain knew "dude... chances are high that you will be "defeated", if you use that thing (MS)".
    Probably because Shusui's MS was meant to be activated when Naruto confronted Sasuke with Itachi's MS, and after Itachi died he had no way of knowing if Naruto had met him yet or not. But yes, probably another plot hole lol.
    "The line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Delbi View Post
    Genjutsu can work any way the user wants it to. If Itachi wanted them to be able to speak I see no reason why he wouldn't allow it. As for them killing each other, that would cruel and is not like Itachi. He did the deed himself, he shoulder the guilt and the pain.
    As far as we've seen, genjutsu mechanics are pretty specific. Not even Tsukuyomi can both paralyze and control the target. And Itachi allowing them to speak while controlling them wouldn't explain their parting words. It's pretty cruel either way killing them.

Quote Originally Posted by Delbi View Post
    As for them waiting up for Sasuke, certainly possible. But again, I do not see Fugaku, who had very strong feelings for what he was doing, just laying down his life just because his son disagreed with him and wanted to kill him. A man of his position would not allow his son to kill off his entire clan. Uchiha's kill their own all the time throughout history, Fugaku certainly loved his son, but he did have another. I see no reason to believe that he wouldn't have tried to defend himself and his wife.
    As far as we've seen of Fugaku, he cared the most about his sons. Even knowing something was up with Itachi, he apologized and took the responsibility of his son's actions upon himself with the rest of the clan. So it's not that farfetch to assume he would choose them over everyone else. Itachi was in a similar position and was still willing to ransom all of Konoha for Sasuke's safety. Their whole history has their love for one another as being what made them so dangerous and powerful. Even with the use of a genjutsu, there should have been signs of a fight. Orochimaru was able to struggle against Itachi's regular genjutsu, and he didn't have the advantageous Fugaku and Mikoto would have had.

Quote Originally Posted by shahdan View Post
    Karin was unconscious when they carried her off with the tentacle, but beyond that through out the course of the whole journey? I don't think so or at least I don't remember it this way. I am positive that when Obito showed them the tentacle, Karin was there as well.
    Karin was still unconscious when they met up with Obito and handed off the tentacle. She didn't awaken til sometime later to sense Jay.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner fenrir7's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

If you just put your mind into it, there are tons of plotholes. the Edo Tensei jutsu, the Obito-Tobi conundrum, the Orochimaru immortality, Yamato... etc. As the years went by, I just tried to ignore all those plotholes since Kishi just won't correct any of those.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Guru981's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

When Rin died, why didn't the Three Tails come out? When a Jinchuriki dies, the Tailed Beast should come out almost immediately because the seal is broken. It wasn't there in Obito's flashback.

Reviewer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member narutotheory's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Grin Re: Let's talk about fun "plotholes"

- Tobi the Human Plothole....HE'S LITERALLY AND FIGURATIVELY THE HUMAN PLOTHOLE....DAMN YOU KISHI

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Guru981 View Post
    When Rin died, why didn't the Three Tails come out? When a Jinchuriki dies, the Tailed Beast should come out almost immediately because the seal is broken. It wasn't there in Obito's flashback.
    The death of a Jinchuuriki doesn't break the seal. The Bijuu remains within the dying host, dying too until they eventually get resurrected, as Kushina mentions.

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Guru981 View Post
    they dont come out immediately

when a.jinchuuricki dies the tailed beast is reborn several years later

Reviewer 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member otomo20's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kisame Hoshigaki View Post
    why is it when naruto attacked white zetsu's in the kyuubi chaakra mode

the wood style reverted back to trees

yet wheb he finally landed a blow in obito the white goop on his body didnt react the same?
    Ooooh, good one, yeah obito should be a tree right now, kind of like how danzo's hashirama cells went out of control.

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    I think there is a plothole surrounding the akatsuki rings. When akatsuki was introduced the rings themselves seemed to be kind of important however nowadays they appear to be forgotten at large. Right now he might as well have never mentioned them and we wouldn't even notice.

true, remember how hard deidera tried to find his ring? and when orochimaru left akatsuki he took his ring with him and because of that they couldnt replace him and had only teams of 9 people.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

the biggest plothole with tobi for me was that the kamui is a mangyeko sharnigan ability

yet he never went blind from spamming it

the only possibility is maybe his othe sharngan (the one he closed by performing izanagi at the end of the battle with konan)

could have been his brothers eye maybe so he had partial ems???

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

While that could be a plot hole, we really have no idea how good Obito's current eyesight is. Itachi was near blind for several years and that didn't prevent him from still being a boss, whereas Obito would only have to worry about being blind in one eye.

New Reply
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast