Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!

View Poll Results: Who does Luffy lose to?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Buggy & Alvida

0 0%
  • Ace

2 10.00%
  • CP9

0 0%
  • Strawhats

7 35.00%
  • Mihawk

0 0%
  • Aokiji

1 5.00%
  • Akainu

2 10.00%
  • Whitebeard Captains

0 0%
  • Silvers Rayleigh

2 10.00%
  • Shanks

2 10.00%
  • He beats everyone!

4 20.00%
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How Strong is Luffy? Let the gauntlet find out!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Kazu-Sama's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

How Strong is Luffy? Let the gauntlet find out!

Okay, so far since the timeskip Luffy hasn't had a fight up to the level of Rob Lucci, where he goes all out or risks losing in a fair environment. So how strong do you guys think he is now?

Let's run a gauntlet to see

He fights all rounds where Blackbeard fought Ace, and everyone is up for the fight and won't be going easy. Assume he's healed after every round.

Round 1 is versus Buggy and Alvida - Buggy has Muggy Bombs available, and Luffy has no rope to tie up spare body parts like he did in the first fight...

Round 2 - Ace. But no brotherly love involved, both going all out

Round 3 is the entire CP9 at once, with swords/devil fruits/ect. Oh, and Luffy isn't afraid to hit a girl like Sanji was.

Speaking of Sanji, round 4 is the entirety of the Strawhats. Together. Say they've been brainwashed and only knocking them unconcious will wake them up or something, but nobody's holding back

Round 5 is Mihawk, using his proper sword and with all he magic cutting goodness that entails.

Round 6 is Aokiji, the ice admiral. Or whatever his non-admiral name was...

Round 7 is a step up, he fights Akainu. Fully pissed and keen to kill the spawn of Dragon...

Round 8, Marco, Ace, Vista and Jozu. Whitebeard's strongest captains, all after the blood of Luffy.

In Round 9, Silvers Rayleigh appears and demands blood

And finally, round 10, Shanks himself steps up with a challenge.

Rules - No interruption. it's an island, so there's water around, but the main fighting takes place on land. Everyone is out to kill. Luffy keeps advancing until he's defeated, although he is healed after every battle. Nobody has prior knowledge of abilities or anything, except for round 4 - against the strawhats, everybody knows as much as they know in the Manga. Assume King's Haki won't work against anybody here - even Alvida and the weaker Straw Hats are immune to it.

So, how far does Luffy get?

Epic Brofist!

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How Strong is Luffy? Let the gauntlet find out!

He wins Round 1 easily, Round 3 with moderate difficulty. Round 2 v Ace is a bit up in the air, but I'd probably bet on Ace. Luffy loses every other round, he gets absolutely stomped in some of them. The SHs wreck him. And I've little doubt that there is not a single individual capable of taking on Marco, Ace, Vista, and Jozu simultaneously. I don't see how he makes it anywhere in this gauntlet.

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Aonsaithya's Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kazu-Sama View Post
    Round 1 is versus Buggy and Alvida - Buggy has Muggy Bombs available, and Luffy has no rope to tie up spare body parts like he did in the first fight...
    Luffy ought to one-shot Buggy, but I'm not sure if Alvida's Sube Sube no Mi makes it impossible to land a physical attack on her. Even if so, Alvida couldn't win either.

Round 2 - Ace. But no brotherly love involved, both going all out
    Thanks to Haki Luffy can land blows on Ace, and so far it seems he's significantly faster than him. While strong, Ace isn't a tank, we saw Blackbeard almost breaking his neck in a single blow.

Round 3 is the entire CP9 at once, with swords/devil fruits/ect. Oh, and Luffy isn't afraid to hit a girl like Sanji was.
    Gear 2nd Luffy was faster than Lucci, who was the fastest of CP9, and with haki his attacks hurt a lot more than they used to. He could probably one-shot the weaker members.

Speaking of Sanji, round 4 is the entirety of the Strawhats. Together. Say they've been brainwashed and only knocking them unconcious will wake them up or something, but nobody's holding back
    Robin could immobilize him, as no matter his speed, she could still sprout arms on him. When immobilized, Zoro can go for the vitals as Luffy is weak against cutting attacks. The rest of the crew isn't even necessary. Well, unless he can one-shot Robin at the very beginning of the fight. Unless she has already set up that clone-move before the fight. Anything could happen.

Round 5 is Mihawk, using his proper sword and with all he magic cutting goodness that entails.
    Depends on whether he has gotten faster than Mihawk. He can't attack from range as it gives Mihawk time to react (as we saw in Marineford), and getting up close to a swordsman is risky. We haven't seen Mihawk take any blunt-force attacks (or any attacks) yet, so can't say how well he would tank haki-enhanced gear 2nd attacks.

Round 6 is Aokiji, the ice admiral. Or whatever his non-admiral name was...
    In their first fight, Luffy had no gear 2nd or haki yet shattered Aokiji plenty of times. I'd say he can take this.

Round 7 is a step up, he fights Akainu. Fully pissed and keen to kill the spawn of Dragon...
    I'd say he can't take this; punching magma with your own limbs would cause terrible terrible damage as haki doesn't nullify the fruit abilities at all. We also saw him only getting "slightly annoyed" when two haki-users cut him deep. In terms of durability, we saw him take quake-punches from Whitebeard and still keep going.
    Disbelief, Despair & Hatred.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member KingOfNight's Avatar
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

He wins round 1 with tremendous ease.

He wins against CP9.

He horribly loses to the rest.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Aonsaithya View Post
    Luffy ought to one-shot Buggy, but I'm not sure if Alvida's Sube Sube no Mi makes it impossible to land a physical attack on her. Even if so, Alvida couldn't win either.
    I think Haki would take care of that part. Too bad. Luffy isn't the kind of guy who pulls punches, lol.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, depending on if you have a really strong Armor Haki, all DF automatic defenses can be broken as long as the Haki is really strong.
    Luffy needs to swing any of his limbs just twice to win Round 1.
    Ace from back then would freaking push Luffy seriously, but Luffy's Armor Haki can't be underestimated. He trained with Rayleigh and he's Roger's equivalent to Luffy and Zoro so Luffy can survive.
    Also, Ace's Haki control wasn't great just yet.

Luffy's hits are a lot harder than when he and Lucci were completely dead-even. He would wreck CP9 from Part I, remember Jabra and Kaku can't even work together lol.
    Unless Oda decides to improve them over the timeskip since they did get their own side story.

SH's wreck Captain Luffy. Just remember, Usopp was able to catch Luffy off-guard SO many times in their fight, of course Usopp can't hurt him but he could catch Luffy off guard effortlessly like before since Usopp improved greatly.
    D'you really think Luffy once caught off guard constantly by Nami and Usopp can avoid onslaughts from Zoro, Sanji and Franky all at once?
    Then Chopper uses that thing to find his weakness all at the same time? Brooke and Robin on the sidelines?
    Luffy dies early on.

Were you trolling by having all the WB Commanders VS Luffy at once?
    All 16 Commanders? That's a worse threat than Mihawk or Akainu or any Admiral dammit.
    Marco, Vista, Jozu, Blamenco, Speed Jil, Fossa, Haruto and many others, that's just unfair.

All 16 Together I don't see how an Admiral could leave alive.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

he loses to mihawk but beats the rest

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I think he would either tie or win against ace at this point. Not much to go on but luffy being that much stronger than ace seems weird and being weaker than him makes no sense.

Buggy and CP9 would be fodder. Make it 100 CP9s so that the fight is actually interesting lol.

As for the former admirals I would think luffy would loose against them. Those guys are at the top of the world right now while luffy still has plenty of room to grow.

Against the strawhats he would loose. I am of the idea that zoro is at any point just barely beneath him and sanji is just barely beneath zoro. Luffy does not stand a chance here....

As for the WB commanders I think luffy would loose against marco, jozu and vista. Those guys are apparently even or at least close to the admirals in terms of strength so I doubt luffy will win just yet. Of course that is only if luffy fights them one on one. Against the 4 of them together would clobber luffy easily and quickly.

Mihawk is someone I place evenly with shanks who should be at least even with admirals at this point. I don't think luffy stands a chance against either.

Rayleigh is old but he still seems capable of fighting evenly with admirals... I don't think he would loose against his disciple just yet.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member frontaLobotomy's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Luffy is about as strong as Ace was when he died, I'd say. His development in the New World will work differently to his training, he'll get much stronger at a quicker rate due to the level of opponent. He's not quite at the level of taking on an admiral or yonko on his own just yet, but with his crew they would probably manage to pull it off, which in it self says a lot about their overall growth.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Of course that is only if luffy fights them one on one. Against the 4 of them together would clobber luffy easily and quickly.
    No even if it was one-one-one, Marco, Jozu and Vista were cited to be no weaker than Ace and Marco was probably stronger.
    So one-one-one right now, Luffy isn't really winning. He could turn it into a stalemate and draw though.
    Remember how Vista and Mihawk exchanged swords for a while?

Luffy can't beat one then take on another and win against all three right now. Not a chance in hell.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Can Marco even be defeated if he remains in his DF form? We saw him regenerate from practically everything. Luffy can't beat Marco. He'd win round 1 & 3 with ease. Him vs. Ace is a tough one but I could see him take this. He'd lose against the rest.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member GomuGomu_Getsuga's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Luffy beats the first three easily. Ace is as strong as jimbe and I don't see him standing up to the current Luffy's attacks or speed. He also defeats Aokiji(barely) and Rayleigh. Everyone else would win...at least until he eats the Mera Mera

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Round 1: Buggy and Alvida - don't see how he can lose this
    Round 2: Ace - this will be tough but with his haki and speed Luffy should be able to defeat him
    Round 3: CP9 - Lucci is no match for current Luffy and others are much weaker than him so Luffy defeats them all.
    Round 4: Strawhats - I really don't see how he could win this. He can't take Zoro and Sanji together and with the rest of Strawhats as support he really doesn't stand a chance so i would say this is where he stops.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GomuGomu_Getsuga View Post
    Luffy beats the first three easily. Ace is as strong as jimbe and I don't see him standing up to the current Luffy's attacks or speed. He also defeats Aokiji(barely) and Rayleigh. Everyone else would win...at least until he eats the Mera Mera
    Wait I just noticed this, are you serious?
    You think Luffy can beat an Admiral? and Rayleigh who trained him?

Luffy is due a new power-up in this arc or the next arc so its from THEN we can say he can take on Admirals.
    There's no way he could beat an Admiral right now. The arc in which he improves himself to fight Dofla is where we can discuss that.
    He just isn't ready yet.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't bet on Luffy needing any more training to beat Dofla which I would consider pretty much the equivalent of either Don Kreig or Arlong, sort of the big fish in the pond or part of the ocean he takes out by simply being stronger than him and then jump to the world where most people are a class above otherwise
    I can't see a slim chance that Luffy can pull a win against a Yonkou and although I only have one of them to measure against I can't tell how close in power are the other three..maybe not on quite the same level and BM and Kaidou told WB that if he attacks one the other comes with full force to the aid so he can't beat both of them.

Against an admiral I'm sure that Luffy can't win since if he can what more does the navy have in store? Akainu which is at admiral level and only beat Aokiji after a very long fight so you can't really put him in a higher class altogether?

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast