Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 502 by kewl0210 , Bleach 588 (2)

View Poll Results: Who does Luffy lose to?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Buggy & Alvida

0 0%
  • Ace

2 10.53%
  • CP9

0 0%
  • Strawhats

7 36.84%
  • Mihawk

0 0%
  • Aokiji

1 5.26%
  • Akainu

2 10.53%
  • Whitebeard Captains

0 0%
  • Silvers Rayleigh

1 5.26%
  • Shanks

2 10.53%
  • He beats everyone!

4 21.05%
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: How Strong is Luffy? Let the gauntlet find out!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Kazu-Sama's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How Strong is Luffy? Let the gauntlet find out!

I'm curious as to why people all the comments are 'loses to Strawhats/Admirals' and yet 3 people say he can even beat Shanks...

Epic Brofist!

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How Strong is Luffy? Let the gauntlet find out!

Quote Originally Posted by Kazu-Sama View Post
    I'm curious as to why people all the comments are 'loses to Strawhats/Admirals' and yet 3 people say he can even beat Shanks...
    Yeah I don't want to be rude, but those people should really re-watch the anime or re-read the manga.
    The author made it clear constantly that the Yonkou and Admirals are in a whole other world of power.
    Its a bit sad that some fans ended up missing that really.

Although I do think they're perhaps trolling.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Confused Re: How Strong is Luffy? Let the gauntlet find out!

Hello guys !

Well I've been looking and thinking at Oda's hidding of Luffy's strength, and that's very important.

First, we know Luffy destroyed in one punch a Pacifista. And we all know that pirates of WB were afraid of Pacifistas, so it's not like they are weak.

Then, look closely at all Luffy's fights since.
    In Fishmen Island, he fought against Hordy, who was a big tank. Did you noticed that no one could see Luffy when he was on gear 2? http://www.mangareader.net/one-piece/636/16 ("huh, he's gone?"). Also on this page and the one after, we can see that his gear 3 does not bothers him anymore in terms of speed : Hordi noticed him just before he took the Elephant punch (http://www.mangareader.net/one-piece/645/9). I don't say he is as fast as when he is only under gear 2, but that now he is a lot faster than back then against Rob Lucci.
    Also the "Snake shot" was made underwater and was in fact quite strong. I think it will be really powerfull on earth.
    Then on Punk Hazard, we see him squirmishing a little big but no real fight.

Someone said in the review that what will make DD lose is that nobody knows the power of the Strawhats. They all think that they improoved as Law or Kid, but hell no. They are stronger and Law did noticed that (when he said to vergo "I wonder who is being used here").
    DD, the Marine or WG still don't have any clue of Luffy's strenght, and Dofla is a really big part of the cake. Oda did planned everything, but it's important that DD is gonna get beaten.
    I'm thinking about the fight and I'm sure Luffy will dodge any of DD's attack, strings mainly.

Then strenght only. I'd like to remind you the coloseum on the Island's Women : when he hit the panther, guys said "he did that without haki, only strenght??!!!".
    Also, Zoro is known to lift very very heavy things, may be a little bit weaker than Luffy. So that give us a good idea of Luffy's real strenght.

Now my theory about his position right now.
    DD's family is aware that Luffy is in the Coloseum and they may also know who he is. So I think at the end of the block-C, the five guys from DD will somehow try to take him, or maybe tell all the participant they'll have a big reward if they help capturing Luffy. I'd also bet on Burgess to be asked to help against SH (maybe).
    So that leaves Luffy against 5 guys from DD and maybe a lot of guys from NW, and also maybe Cavendish and Burgess. I think he can take it with one little Elephant Gatling (well he will also destroy the Coloseum, but WHO is not waiting for this?? ^^

It's pure speculation, but I see DD arriving on place just after and being afraid by seeing Luffy stading alone. I think DD is one of the man who are not his allies that knows that he may be the strongest of the Supernovaes from 2 years ago. But he does not sees him as a threat, and that's his miskate.
    I don't undestand why you guys fight over who's gonna defeat who. We all know that the main vilain of the Arc is taken by Luffy ! And if Luffy don't become PK, there is no point in this manga, so don't argue about who Luffy can defeat, he will beat everyone. Sure he have to train, improve his Haki a lot and all, but that's gonna be like it.
    DD, Kaidou, cretainly Big Mom, Jack, Akainu, head of the Gorosei, all of them Luffy will be main part or strongly involved in their fall.

An advice, reread everything since 3D2Y (I've done it several times, I still catch up some details) and look closely at Luffy's attitude : it's very revealant.

In your fight, Luffy only blocks against the SH. Sanji + zoro would loose, but backed up by the rest of the team it will be hard for Luffy. As someone said, Nico catches him, Zoro cut his belly, end.
    Last edited by Sproumfch; June 30, 2013 at 08:41 AM.

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2