Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply

Thread: Plot twist: X-Drake is the commander of Kaidos' Zoan division.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member TheLuffySmile's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Plot twist: X-Drake is the commander of Kaidos' Zoan division.

As we all know, pre time-skip we saw Drake engaging Kaidos' cyborg subordinate Scotch in battle. Before the fight, Drake asked Scotch if attacking him would get him Kaidos' attention. http://www.mangareader.net/103-56333...apter-595.html This chapter and page shows Scotch telling drake that if drake were to take him down, Kaido would not be so forgiving. Now, either Drake is bold enough to go up against a Yonko by himself, or he just wants Kaido to notice him. If it is indeed the latter, then in my humble opinion a dangerous and skilled rookie such as Drake possessing the power of an ancient Zoan devil fruit, would make a good commander for an army of artificial Zoan fruit users. His task as a commander would be to lead this division of Zoans' and to train them to control their different states and new-found powers.
    The three brothers

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Tonix's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Plot twist: X-Drake is the commander of Kaidos' Zoan division.

Sounds possible... I would like it if one or more of the super novas ended up working for a yonkou, but I'm not sure Drake would be the best fit. It seems a little silly that he would leave the marines to serve under another world power, I would much prefer someone like Capone to fill the roll. Personally, I think Capone's ability to house an army inside his body would make him more suitable for the roll you outlined for Drake.

Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tonix View Post
    Sounds possible... I would like it if one or more of the super novas ended up working for a yonkou, but I'm not sure Drake would be the best fit. It seems a little silly that he would leave the marines to serve under another world power, I would much prefer someone like Capone to fill the roll. Personally, I think Capone's ability to house an army inside his body would make him more suitable for the roll you outlined for Drake.
    I get your point, but dont you think that Drake is better suited still? Not only because of his power but we've also seen him having a very keen mind for dangerous situations and rational thinking, I just think he is a better fit in general. And the reason I chose Drake was because he immediately sought Kaidos' attention after arriving in the new world. And I'm going to quote Edward Newgate here, in response to your "It seems a little silly that he would leave the marines to serve under another world power". Whitebeard to Ace: "If you still want to fight, then take my name and roam the seas as a free man". I think being under a Yonkos' "wing" is very different from the Marines and the WG.
    The three brothers

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

First of all, I don't see a big difference between leading an army of marines and leading an army of zoans, Drake would still just be following someone else's orders, but probably hurting more innocent people.

Secondly, I think Whitebeard's wing is a little different than the wings of the other yonkou, except maybe Shanks's wing. Whitebeard wanted a family, so he treated his crew and allies like family, Big Mam wants food, so she treats her crew like food
    From what we know about Kaidou, he wants weapons and he will most likely attack Dofla if Dofla can't keep giving him weapons, that doesn't seem to be the same carte blanche freedom that Whitebeard offered Ace. Unless "Do exactly what I want you to, or I'll kill you" sounds the same as "get a sweet tattoo and roam the seas as a free man" to you?

Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

First of all, I don't see a big difference between leading an army of marines and leading an army of zoans, Drake would still just be following someone else's orders, but probably hurting more innocent people.

Secondly, I think Whitebeard's wing is a little different than the wings of the other yonkou, except maybe Shanks's wing. Whitebeard wanted a family, so he treated his crew and allies like family, Big Mam wants food, so she treats her crew like food
    From what we know about Kaidou, he wants weapons and he will most likely attack Dofla if Dofla can't keep giving him weapons, that doesn't seem to be the same carte blanche freedom that Whitebeard offered Ace. Unless "Do exactly what I want you to, or I'll kill you" sounds the same as "get a sweet tattoo and roam the seas as a free man" to you?
    I still think leading a division under Kaido gives a lot more freedom than leading marines. And yes I get your point about all the Yonkos' having different views on things. But I still think that drake is the perfect supernova to be under Kaido, since Kaido is said to be the strongest beast, why not have another strong beast as a subordinate? It would be the perfect setup for when Luffy and the others go up against him.
    The three brothers

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

How would it grant him more freedom? The Yonkou are in a stalemate right now with set territories, the leader of what is being hyped up as Kaido's main army would have to stay inside Kaido's territory for the most part and do whatever Kaido wanted him to, just like how a Marine stays in his jurisdiction and does whatever HQ tells them to.

Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

How would it grant him more freedom? The Yonkou are in a stalemate right now with set territories, the leader of what is being hyped up as Kaido's main army would have to stay inside Kaido's territory for the most part and do whatever Kaido wanted him to, just like how a Marine stays in his jurisdiction and does whatever HQ tells them to.
    I'm not sure I agree with you there, if drake is indeed a close subordinate he should have a say or two in skirmishes. Not to mention the fact that there are a lot of power hungry pirates wanting to overthrow Kaido, I bet there are battles for territories almost every day, and he probably helps him in the underworld as well. I still believe u are entitled to much more freedom serving under a powerful pirate than the WG and marines.

We need someone elses' opinion to settle this matter!
    Last edited by TheLuffySmile; May 15, 2013 at 08:44 AM.
    The three brothers

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity danzouismadara's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i think its obvious that drake went under kaido, hence the reason he was able to make a name for himself since he was working for kaido.

Can someone message me an anime that's similar to d grayman or claymore or deathnote?

Ive seen Deathnote, deadman wonderland, fairytale, shigurui, ao no exorcist, beelzebub, samurai champloo, code geass, devil may cry, Hakuouki, monster, blood plus, gantz. Basically, something with demons and gore.

New Reply