Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Has Kubo made another timeskip without telling anyone?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member DraMas26's Avatar
    Country
    Albania
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Has Kubo made another timeskip without telling anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Azuma View Post
    I'm sorry, but I don't see how that shows that Kubo had planned it out. Please elaborate.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Education_in_Japan

A new school year in Japan begins in April and since Bleach began in Mid-May then Ichigo had jsut started a new grade. Ichigo was stated to be a high school student in the first chapter:

http://www.mangapanda.com/94-8-4/bleach/chapter-1.html

Ichigo should be in 10th Grade at the start of the manga.

In Japan, a student in 10th Grade turns from 15 to 16 so it was planned from the start assuming Kubo had Ichigo's birthday planned out from the start. Looks like there was just a minor miscalculation on Kubo's part.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta42 View Post
    When the story just began, Masaki had been dead for 6 years. After Aizen's defeat, 17 months have passed. We don't exactly know how much time passed between the beginning of Bleach and Aizen's downfall, but if we add that to those 17 months, we still can't get more than 2 years. Therefore, when the Fullbringer arc started, 8 years have passed since Masaki's death at most.

But now we have Chapter 537, which tells us Masaki died 9 years ago. So... What does that mean? Was there another large time gap between the Fullbringer and Vandenreich arcs? Or did Kubo mess up on this one?
    I don't recall Kubo saying how much passed between Fullbring arc and the current one... Could be a year for all we know

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member DraMas26's Avatar
    Country
    Albania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    I don't recall Kubo saying how much passed between Fullbring arc and the current one... Could be a year for all we know
    In the Gotei 13 omakes he said that it started right after the Fullbring arc so I'm guessing a week at most.

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2