Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Block C - Block D: Place your bets

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Kokuryuu's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Block C - Block D: Place your bets

With the upcomings blocks, I make this thread so people share their thoughts on this.
    Besides who will win each block, you can say on which fighter you have more expectations, who defeats who, possible DF powers, etc.
    Obviously, at this point mostly wild guesses can be made, but each chapter will get things wrapped up.

Let refresh the participants:
    Block C: Luffy, Chinjao, Sai, Boo, Kelly and Bobby Funk, Hajrudin, Ideo, Jean Ango, Fighting Bull

Well, obvious Luffy will win here. Apart from the already introduced characters, we have a giant (Hajrudin), a boxer (Ideo), a bounty hunter (Jean Ango) and a bull.
    The most promising to me are Chinjao family, surely battling against Luffy. Also I liked Ideo's design, could be interesting too. And the bull, well I don't know if it's properly a bull or, like someone said, is a Kaidou's zoan user. We have to wait for that.

Block D: Cavendish, Rebecca, Orlumbus, Suleiman, Meadows, Damask, Rolling Logan, Acilia, Mummy, Fighting Lion

Here, Cavendish will win, fueled with the grudge against Luffy. Rebecca, Orlumbus and Suleiman seems the most interesting to me. The mummy is a sorcerer, maybe has DF powers as "magic". There's the lion, is the same case as the bull. The others, by now, don't tell me nothing to me.

Any ideas?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zelllogan's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Block C - Block D: Place your bets

If Cavendish try to hit Rebecca, if anyone try to hit Rebecca, I expect Sanji coming out of nowhere and eliminate him.

3. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member KuroKarasu's Avatar
    Country
    Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

I stated it before - I don't think Cavendish will participate in Block D. I think he will join Block C or atleast try to so Rebecca can win her block.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Chinjao and Rebecca win.

not sure if Chinjao will lose traditionally though, as that'd make him look too weak. Rebecca could win without being the best, though I think she'll win to get the fruit with Luffy's blessings.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

rebecca and luffy will be the other two finalists to join burgess and barto

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member MrCristian's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think there will ever be a D block, because the real fight will start in C block, then Flamingo's crew is going to show up in order to defeat Luffy, and "WW3" will start.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Ankit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Personally I think it will be rebecca

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

lol How could anyone but Luffy win Block C

I lean towards Rebecca for Block D. I think she has some connection to the "tragic history" that the toy is about to explain to Franky. She will play a role similar to Dalton on Drum Island. Advancing in the tournament allows her to befriend Luffy, and allows Luffy to do Luffy things when she gets in a tight spot. I think Cavendish will have an important role after the tournament, but winning the first round is not necessary. He seems like a nice guy, I think he befriends the Strawhats by the end of the arc. His grudge is too silly to turn him into an enemy. Luffy will do more Luffy things, prove that he deserves the fame, earn Cavendish's respect, and lead to friendship. I bet he helps Luffy destroy the Factory.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BurnSchulz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

C: Luffy
    D: Cavendish

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrCristian View Post
    I don't think there will ever be a D block, because the real fight will start in C block, then Flamingo's crew is going to show up in order to defeat Luffy, and "WW3" will start.
    Wait, wat? Doflamingo's crew are already there. Why would they break up the tournament early when they are scheduled to fight?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member maravish's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Cavendish is going to get disqualified for attacking Luffy outside the tournament and someone other than Rebecca is going to win block D. Luffy is going to win block C..kind of unsure about that though

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Rebecca stands no chance agHe was hyped as much as Bartolomeo and Bartolomeo ended up winning. We can assume that it will be the same for block D. So,

Block A: Jesus Burgess
    Block B: Bartolomeo
    Block C: Luffy
    Block D: Cavendish

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity danzouismadara's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

luffy and other (meaning not cavendish nor rebecca)

Can someone message me an anime that's similar to d grayman or claymore or deathnote?

Ive seen Deathnote, deadman wonderland, fairytale, shigurui, ao no exorcist, beelzebub, samurai champloo, code geass, devil may cry, Hakuouki, monster, blood plus, gantz. Basically, something with demons and gore.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member MrCristian's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    Wait, wat? Doflamingo's crew are already there. Why would they break up the tournament early when they are scheduled to fight?
    The hole point of the tournament and the prize was to drag out Luffy so he can be "ambushed" by Doflamingo and his crew, having 5 members there doesn't make it a good ambush, does it?

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

^ I got the impression that the tournament was only to distract Luffy. On paper it's only Lucy that's participating so I'm not sure if the five members are aware that Luffy is in the tournament in the first place.

My pick for Block C is Lucy and Block D is Cavendish. I was having trouble deciding between him and Rebecca, but I went with the former instead. The reason is 1) he'd be fired up since he knows a Supernova is participating, and 2) Rebecca wants to win the Mera Mera no Mi so she could defeat Doflamingo. If she's ousted early in the tournament, she'd have to think of an alternative plan... which is to team up with the Straw Hats & Law. (Although I'm aware that their plan isn't necessary to defeat Doflamingo.)

My ultimate prediction, however, is that Lucy/Luffy does something that disrupts the flow of the tournament- whether it's cancelling the whole thing altogether or skipping straight to the showdown against the Donquixote Pirates.

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast