Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!

View Poll Results: Who will be the first to be defeated?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Blackbeard

1 1.96%
  • Shanks

1 1.96%
  • Big Mom

17 33.33%
  • Kaidoh

32 62.75%
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: First Yonkou to go down?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 1st Yonkou to go down?

Quote Originally Posted by 0Xellos View Post
    Hold on, so you're saying that the whole plot progression since PH is just a troll by Oda?
    No!

We have 2 pirate alliances going after 2 different Yonkou, plus Luffy already on Mom's bad side and probably going to get on Kaido's as well, after he finds out how Luffy was the reason for Dofla's downfall (which he's most likely going to be).
    Not probably, just possible. Only Oda knows.

What do you expect them to do? Just wait around until there are no more Yonkou? Get killed trying to fight one? Decide to disband the alliances just like that? And what'd the manga be about, then?
    I don't expect nothing from Luffy. He's unpredictable!

On the other hand, you probably view BB as some kinda god of OPverse, who's able to take out all the other Yonkou (btw he didn't really do anything to beat WB, just the deathblow... and still got hurt by WB).
    Yeah!

Why would he exactly be the world's strongest man? The manga only states that he rose in power from NW strong level (and cheapshot) to Yonkou level. OK, he's strong. But not that strong.
    Because devilfruitless Teach was a macht to Shanks (remember Shanks' three scars) and now he has the power of two devil fruits, one is the powerfullest Paramecia and the other is the powerfullest Logia. Ah, he's extremely clever (remember he was able to plan the greatest war of Pirate Era).

And I don't see how the question of him defeating other emperors means that he won't be the last one to be defeated...
    Well, my opinion I already said, but I can repeat it: the Four Emperors is and ever will be Edward, Shanks, Kaido and Big Mam.

Dofla and Kaido are connected. Even if Dofla is the present big boss, don't take Kaido out of the big picture.
    As I said this saga is about DonQuixote. If I think like you I would believe that Fishman Island Saga was about Big Mam. Non sequitur!

If Dofla's beaten, Kaido isn't going to sit still, because he lost an important trade partner. Similarly, taking out Kaido requires taking out Dofla first, because that stops the steady increase in Kaido's military power. So this saga is about both Kaido and Dofla.
    What can Kaido do after the destruction of all Artifical Devil Fruit scheme? Nothing! DonQuixote don't fear Kaido but the end of his present plan. A plan we don't know yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Profile View Post
    Dude, dont shame us.
    Us? What you mean? Brazilian? Gimme a break!

Almost everything your wrote was bullshit.
    If so, why did you bother to answer me? Never mind, thanks!

BB isn't a yonkou? really? REALLY?
    Why not?

the yonkou aren't a closed group, where did u get this idea?
    From manga?! As I said my reading of manga make me to believe that the Four Emperors is/was a group of the more powerful New World pirates which was stuck in a stalemate, a deadlock situation. Blackbeard's not stuck! That's it!

http://www.mangareader.net/one-piece/650/8 I think Jinbe was very clear about BB being a yonkou here.
    You trust to much in translation.
    These sentences uttered by Jinbe was written in Kanji, a very unfriendly script to translate. Look at the raw:
    Spoiler show
    IMO (I'm not Japanese speaker) these sentences tell us just that:
    - Blackbeard has a territory equal to Red-Haired, Kaido and Big Man,
    - he governs it like a Yonko, and
    - he conquested it using only one ship and crew.
    So, IMO again, Oda didn't tell us Blackbeard is a Yonko!
    Call the Japanese experts! ;-)

And u really think that from here, to the end of the saga, its possible that not even one of the yonkou will be defeated by a rookie or other emperor?
    Yeah! Why not!

Thats just impossible. I bet my house on it.
    I respect your opinion. Oda makes everything possible and amazing. I don't bet on Oda's plot.

When kaiten said that Teach will be the last, he meant that he will be the last yonkou to go down.
    It was what I see too.

where did he said that he will keep quiet? or not try to defeat other emperors? being the last isn't the same thing of being quiet.
    Are you conflating two different things I said?

I only created this account because i was so pissed about your comment that i was forced to answer it.
    So it's a great thread, isn't it?
    Nice argument, guys! Thanks a lot.
    Last edited by alelucas; May 18, 2013 at 07:12 AM.

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alelucas View Post
    Well, my opinion I already said, but I can repeat it: the Four Emperors is and ever will be Edward, Shanks, Kaido and Big Mam.
    Oda disagrees with you. Teach has been confirmed as a Yonkou, twice. First in chapter 650 and again, as recently as chapter 704. Opinions are not welcome in this matter, the author has spoken.

Quote Quote:
    As I said this saga is about DonQuixote. If I think like you I would believe that Fishman Island Saga was about Big Mam. Non sequitur!
    This saga is not about Doflamingo. Law formed an alliance with Luffy to defeat Kaido. Defeating Doflamingo is only the second step in Law's plan, and only necessary in order to eliminate Kaido's supply of Smile. That is why he destroyed the SAD facility and kidnapped Caesar. That is why they are planning on seeking the Smile Factory. The goal is Kaido, this saga will continue after the Smile Factory is destroyed and Doflamingo is defeated. This also has been made explicit by the author, and is not a subject open to debate.

Quote Quote:
    From manga?! As I said my reading of manga make me to believe that the Four Emperors is/was a group of the more powerful New World pirates which was stuck in a stalemate, a deadlock situation. Blackbeard's not stuck! That's it!
    This is not a subject open for debate. The author has stated that Teach is a yonkou, therefore he is a Yonkou.

Quote Originally Posted by Azuma View Post
    Is there an actual confirmation that the Kid alliance is going after Big Mom? I could really see a plot twist where the Kid Alliance ends up going after Kaido too and join up with the Law/Luffy Alliance. In either case, I'm really looking forward to seeing what Kaido is capable of. Dofla is one of the strongest characters we've seen so far, strong enough to take down Smoker like he was nothing (although Smoker was a bit injured, but I don't think it would've been much different) and even he was scared of going against Kaido.
    No, there has not been any confirmation. It is confirmed that they plan on defeating a Yonkou, but we don't yet know which one. Mom is a good bet, considering she and Kid have history, but that remains a matter of speculation.

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh right, I forgot about Kid destroying two ships. Given that Killer seemed desperate for Apoo and Hawkins to stay and negotiate suggests that it could very well be Big Mom. She is probably after them and they want to strengthen their forces to stand a chance against her. But I don't see Oda rushing forward and having two Yonkou lose in such quick succession. One of them will probably fail.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Blackbeard because Luffy has a history with him.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity danzouismadara's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

kaido because i think zoans are weak ITs a quantity vs quality thing. Plus big mam in my opinion will be connected to the destruction of fishman island which will happen later (if it does happen). SOme strange reason i got the biggest feeling that the zoans from CP9 will be working for kaido lol

Can someone message me an anime that's similar to d grayman or claymore or deathnote?

Ive seen Deathnote, deadman wonderland, fairytale, shigurui, ao no exorcist, beelzebub, samurai champloo, code geass, devil may cry, Hakuouki, monster, blood plus, gantz. Basically, something with demons and gore.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member winterwyrm's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

I say kaidou because HIS zoans are weak, zoan fruits are moving in unconventional directions, like ancient, legendary, and creatures with unusual attributes, like the axolotyl, from what we've seen of his fearsome "zoan army" it's all bland things like cows and maybe a tiger here or there with no special characteristics other than higher strength (still far less than, say, sanji most likely).

So anyways though with that said I would be very dissappointed if this series were to devolve into "luffy beats one yonkou, luffy defeats a shichibukai, luffy defeats a stronger yonkou, etc..." it's not like one piece for the straw hats to just go from one yonkou to another with the mentality of "that yonkou you just beat? He was nothing! a weakling, now me, I'm so much stronger!" The series was getting kind of bland into that formula with the shichibukai just being beaten then fighting a stronger one, but then oda seemed to realize that it was getting predictable, and mixed it all up, I really hope that he allies with a yonkou at least briefly, hopefully things will get really crazy later on, so that we don't know what's happening, and, say luffy encounters a yonkou's crew and ends up opposing them as part of something that's going on. You know, break that formula later on.

And yes, danzou I think we'll be going back to FI someday in the future, a lot was left unexplored, like marijois, they left it behind without it even playing a role, luffy promised shirahoshi he would return, and also luffy said he would make FI his territory and add jinbei as a crew member, foreshadowing that they will be compelled to return there sometime.
    Last edited by winterwyrm; May 19, 2013 at 09:22 AM.

8. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by winterwyrm View Post
    So anyways though with that said I would be very dissappointed if this series were to devolve into "luffy beats one yonkou, luffy defeats a shichibukai, luffy defeats a stronger yonkou, etc..." it's not like one piece for the straw hats to just go from one yonkou to another with the mentality of "that yonkou you just beat? He was nothing! a weakling, now me, I'm so much stronger!" The series was getting kind of bland into that formula with the shichibukai just being beaten then fighting a stronger one, but then oda seemed to realize that it was getting predictable, and mixed it all up,
    I doubt it's going to be like that. He will probably fight with some Worst Generation Supernova and some renown NW crew in the mix too. It's not like he doesn't fight Foxy when he already beaten Crocodile.

I really hope that he allies with a yonkou at least briefly, hopefully things will get really crazy later on, so that we don't know what's happening, and, say luffy encounters a yonkou's crew and ends up opposing them as part of something that's going on. You know, break that formula later on.
    I think he will. Most likely with Shanks.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

So anyways though with that said I would be very dissappointed if this series were to devolve into "luffy beats one yonkou, luffy defeats a shichibukai, luffy defeats a stronger yonkou, etc..." it's not like one piece for the straw hats to just go from one yonkou to another with the mentality of "that yonkou you just beat? He was nothing! a weakling, now me, I'm so much stronger!" The series was getting kind of bland into that formula with the shichibukai just being beaten then fighting a stronger one, but then oda seemed to realize that it was getting predictable, and mixed it all up, I really hope that he allies with a yonkou at least briefly, hopefully things will get really crazy later on, so that we don't know what's happening, and, say luffy encounters a yonkou's crew and ends up opposing them as part of something that's going on. You know, break that formula later on.
    I don't understand what you mean by " The series was getting kind of bland into that formula with the shichibukai just being beaten then fighting a stronger one". Crocodile and Gekko Moriah were the only Shichibukai they have fought. Those fights came six years apart, Crocodile was defeated in volume 23, released in April 2002. Gekko Moriah in volume 50, released in June 2008. The Dressrosa Arc should end with Doflamingo being defeated, but that won't be until at least the fall. That would mean another 5 - 6 years between Shichibukai being defeated. In the meantime they have befriended four current, and one former, shichibukai. Boa Hancock, Jinbe, and Law are outright friends of the Strawhats. Hawkeye trained Zoro during the timeskip. Kuma saved them from Kizaru, and protected the Sunny during the timeskip. That hardly sounds like formulaically moving from one Shichibukai fight to another.

It is doubtful that Luffy will fight and defeat all four Yonkou. Defeating Kaido establishes Luffy as a power in the New World, allowing Oda to dispense with cliche shounen underdog bullshit. Blackbeard seems to have been positioned as his chief rival, so he will have to be defeated at some point, probably towards the end of the series. Shanks is a father figure to Luffy and almost definitely will not be fought. Who knows what will happen with Mom.

Quote Quote:
    And yes, danzou I think we'll be going back to FI someday in the future, a lot was left unexplored, like marijois, they left it behind without it even playing a role, luffy promised shirahoshi he would return, and also luffy said he would make FI his territory and add jinbei as a crew member, foreshadowing that they will be compelled to return there sometime.
    Agreed. If nothing else he will come for Noah on "the promised day", presumably to fight the World Government. Since Caribou knows the truth about Shirahoshi, it's a safe bet he will eventually sell that information to someone very dangerous. Luffy will return to save Fishman Island when that happens. I feel like that will be the climax of this saga, but that is only speculation on my part.

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    I don't understand what you mean by " The series was getting kind of bland into that formula with the shichibukai just being beaten then fighting a stronger one". Crocodile and Gekko Moriah were the only Shichibukai they have fought. Those fights came six years apart, Crocodile was defeated in volume 23, released in April 2002. Gekko Moriah in volume 50, released in June 2008. The Dressrosa Arc should end with Doflamingo being defeated, but that won't be until at least the fall. That would mean another 5 - 6 years between Shichibukai being defeated. In the meantime they have befriended four current, and one former, shichibukai. Boa Hancock, Jinbe, and Law are outright friends of the Strawhats. Hawkeye trained Zoro during the timeskip. Kuma saved them from Kizaru, and protected the Sunny during the timeskip. That hardly sounds like formulaically moving from one Shichibukai fight to another.
    Ah, well several good points, I was just referring to how the series seemed likely to just have the straw hats go to fishman island, defeat jimbei, then go from one to the other like that, but when we actually got to shabondy, instead everything became crazy and it's like there is a very typical DBZ style shounen plot where the main character beats one bad guy, then a stronger one, and so on, it's rather predictable, and for a while there it seemed like one piece was going to be that way with the straw hats beating one shichi, then going to another island and doing it again, then eventually beating the yonkou one after the other, and then maybe the marines in a climax, but one piece is much more than that, I was just pointing out that things will probably be much more complicated than the yonkou falling one after the other.

13. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi guys !
    I like this thread so I'll post my opinion

So, about the Yonkous, we know they are called like this because they rule seas in the New World like Emperors (Yonkou means emperor, am I right?) and they also are the strongest men in this sea, fighting more or less equally each other (for proof : they still arn't down or dead, except for WB).
    Also, we know that Luffy's dream is to become the Pirate King.
    Again, this is just a name, it's for the men who is obviously the strongest one, and who is a pirate. Also, he must have made the entire tour, which is not possible without some special skills (or the Yonkous would have done this before, it's my point of view).
    So, if he wants to be the Pirate King, Luffy has to defeat (or beeing acknoledged as stronger) the Yonkous and all who stands in his way (Marines/other pirates).
    Plus, we had this : http://www.mangareader.net/one-piece/696/20
    Well, so it's obvious, Luffy wants to defeat them.
    We can now imagine several issues :
    - Luffy die in his first fight with a Yonkou.
    - He fights equally with them but can't defeat anyone.
    - Kid and his alliance defeat Big Mom, Luffy defeat Kaidou, BB defeat them all.
    - Luffy beats everybody exept one or two (the most realistic I believe :P)
    - Everyone becomes friends, Akainu becomes Luffy's stepmother, BB marring Nami, the WG helps pirates to recover and no one is beaten.

Also, Oda always add something in the Arc, for the pleasure and history !
    I expect Kid to fight Shanks, and so making Luffy angry against them.
    I expect Big Mom to beat Jinbei and awakening Luffy's anger.
    I expect Luffy telling Kaidou/DD to stop their little trade and experiences, as Luffy would do :P, making Kaidou angry etc...

Oda IS unpredictable, but Luffy beat everyone he could beat before the timeskip. Now that he has been ultimately trained during 2 years, I think he's quite confident about his abilities and well, want to defeat them all. Oda wants us to enjoy, we know it. How could we if Luffy doesn't blow one or two strong ones from the NW??
    Some Yonkous (maybe 2) could be defeat by pirates/Marine (they could capture Shanks for instance, opening a new saving arc ) but at least two, Kaidou & BB, will be defeated by Luffy, and I believe he will do that alone.
    He's meant to be the Pirate King, don't forget it guys.

Now for the first place, I'd say Kaidou, cause he is the closest, but I think Big Mom's will come after, since she may capture Jinbei (he is going to leave her, she is not going to be pleased...).
    Also, Luffy won't go straight. There will be stories, people suffering and Luffy being angry, I'm sure of it.
    Last edited by Sproumfch; May 25, 2013 at 07:24 AM.

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: First Yonkou to go down?

I think Kaidou will be the first Yonkou to go down because virtually every Supernova is gunning for him, directly or indirectly. Strawhat and Law are going after Doflamingo and are planning on destroying his factory, dealing damage to Kaidou because he can't get artificial devil fruit. The other Supernova can take advantage of this and after a while, go after weakened Kaidou, possibly with Law's crew and the Strawhat. Unless Big Mom steps in to help Kaidou, I don't think she'll be going down first or anytime soon.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RichardMNixon View Post
    Kaido. I think it'd be kind of lame for Luffy to get in this feud with Big Mom and then later read in a newspaper "Oh, she went down anyway, guess I don't have to worry."
    if someone defeat big mom and Straw Hat Pirates read its in newspaper Nami, Usopp & Chopper will say " thank god now we dont need to fight her"

Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, someone else could replace a yonkou, just because then they would replace her, it wouldn't be as anticlimactic as you may think, if captain kidd were to replace big mom with a crew of conscripted supernovae

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Quantized's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd like to see a Yonkou go go down by the Kid alliance, but the problem is I don't see it happening, unless, if the Kid alliance takes on Kaido, and Luffy runs into Big Mom, then I see it happening.

Why I have issues with the Kid Alliance defeating any of the other 3 Yonkou are listed below;

Shanks has to at least have his hat back before he is defeated by someone, this is a shounen, and Luffy made a promise, he needs to keep that promise, to return the hat when he meets Shanks again.
    Shanks and Kaido are imo the only Yonkou that could fall without Luffy being the reason.
    However Shanks has to get his straw hat back somehow, and if he's defeated / dead, then what is the point of all that when the straw hat is one of the most important things in One Piece? Given the hats history, primise and importance to Luffy.

Big Mom likely hates Luffy and wants to rip out his guts. It's a build up that likely will have more development. So why would she go down without Luffy being in the mix?

Teach who will most likely end up in a big fight with Luffy, because of him causing Ace's death.

Kaido who Luffy and Law planning on taking on now, albeit I don't think they will end up fighting Kaido just because they planned so.
    Luffy is unpredictable, and even if Kaido wants to kill Luffy, so does Big Mom, and she hasn't exactly found Luffy yet.
    So why is it certain that Kaido will find Luffy? Especially considering how unpredictable Luffy is, Luffy might end up fighting Big Mom before Kaido.

Heck... I got the feeling that Luffy will crash right into Big Mom very soon, which I think will lead to either of the two below:
    • The Kid alliance will either show up before or after Luffy arriving, either the Kid alliance is defeated or to choose to back Luffy up (Less likely).
    • Anothe scenario in my opinion could be Luffy encountering Big Mom while the Kid alliance encounters Kaido (Very likely imo).

I think it's a plausible scenario for the Kid alliance to take down Kaido, because we havent had any build up on Kaido getting mad on Luffy or any other relations.
    Despite that Kaido has a reason to hate/dislike Luffy for destroying his supplies, he might never learn about it, no one says he will.

To be quite honest, it seems that the Kid Alliance actually might take on Kaido.
    Supposedly Kaido is the weakest Yonkou, given how he cheaply seeks power in fake devil fruits and mass army powers in large quantity, so it makes sense for Law and the Kid alliance to aim for Kaido, but Luffy as he is, is unpredictable, so him and Law might end up differently.
    Besides Big Mom is likely searching high and low after Luffy

Either way, just imagine Laws face when he realized that Luffy pissed off Big Moma and she comes out of the blue engaging them, without a plan and completely and utterly unprepared for her? I mean... Just imagine Laws face....
    Last edited by Quantized; May 28, 2013 at 09:28 PM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Trikz's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I think its possible for the Kid alliance to defeat big mom but i think Luffy will defeat big mom because he has always had to fight for each of his crew member like for Zoro he had to fight Captain Morgan and save him, for Ussop captain Kuro, for Nami Arlong, for Sanji Don Krieg, for chopper wapol, for robin and franky CP9 and for brook Geko moria. So i think he will have to fight big mom for Jimbei because i doubt big mom will let him go easily and with the bomb in the treasure that was sent to her, she might decide to take out her anger on jimbei. Although it can be argued that luffy already fought the new fishman pirates but i think that fight was more for fishman island and shirahoshi and also due to plot progression than for jimbei as he wasn't really the intended victim nor was he ever in any real danger, he was more like a third party also trying to help.

New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast