Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi
Thread Closed
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: The Breaker : New Waves 118 Discussion/ 119 Predictions

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Breaker : New Waves 118 Discussion/ 119 Predictions

Shiwoon can do it. This guy was toying with Glasses guy man. I want to see Shiwoon get serious do all those foot techniques that GMR showed him on cell phone. I really want to see Hwan footwork where you see multiple Shiwoons at one time.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MiyamotoMusashi's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

You guys should not forget though that the doc does not have the liberty to go all out on Shioon since the latter is supposed to be his precious test subject, so even if Shioon can hold out 20 minutes, it does not really mean that he belongs to the strongest fighters in the Murim world.
    What Shioon has right now is a physical condition similar to that of a Murim master, maybe even better but he still lacks many basics of martial arts training.

3. Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member [ki{kk}o]'s Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dominicanboy100 View Post
    Dude after we waited for 118 chapter to see shiwoon recovered, plus now look badass like his master.. and you think the author will make his ki center shatter again... WTF with that man...
    well... u know.. shiwoon is growing so fast that I'm afraid of what the author might do in the 3th season to keep interesting the story at least for 100-150 more chapters.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity kidopitz27's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MiyamotoMusashi View Post
    You guys should not forget though that the doc does not have the liberty to go all out on Shioon since the latter is supposed to be his precious test subject, so even if Shioon can hold out 20 minutes, it does not really mean that he belongs to the strongest fighters in the Murim world.
    What Shioon has right now is a physical condition similar to that of a Murim master, maybe even better but he still lacks many basics of martial arts training.
    but Shioon will notice that the doctor is not going all out and Shioon will use his ultimate bluff/talking tech saying like:
    *why are you not going all out are you afraid of me that much?
    *why are you not going all out are you too old to do anything?
    *You are not strong at martial arts you just use your tools to beat your opponent

if the doctor falls for that and get angry/confuse then Shioon can see an opening or a weak point and attack

OMG TWO VILEPLUME

100% sure that Zoro already surpassed mihawk! 10/06/10

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member [ki{kk}o]'s Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kidopitz27 View Post
    but Shioon will notice that the doctor is not going all out and Shioon will use his ultimate bluff/talking tech saying like:
    *why are you not going all out are you afraid of me that much?
    *why are you not going all out are you too old to do anything?
    *You are not strong at martial arts you just use your tools to beat your opponent

if the doctor falls for that and get angry/confuse then Shioon can see an opening or a weak point and attack
    yeah... sure... because the doc is an amateur, right? lol

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the doctor, in some respects, probably has the lowest combat ability of the 10 masters - he is, primarily, a doctor (and this isn't naruto where the medic has to be isn't the strongest to protect themselves). Obviously he's super-strong, and Kwon recognises him as a legit opponent proving it, but as the doc specializes in being a doctor, although he can definitely use that e.g. pressure points he probably doesn't have the super speed/strength of someone like Kwon. I personally don't think there are going to be any 'special conditions' attached to the battle as the Doc is so keen to keep Shioon. We must remember that the Doctor doesn't know about Shioons general regenerative abilities (his only experience of Shioon's recovery is the overhaul rebirth) so he won't want to break his research opportunity and will hold back at least a little.

Also, as he's not been challenged in 30 years - which the author made a point of showing to us - although he isn't an amateur, I can imagine him getting infuriated (considering how irritable he is especially) and lashing out in anger.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member alisdfd's Avatar
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gotdott View Post
    It's 100 chapters too early for Shioon to win. I mean really, he's not about to be on par with someone in the top 10 yet. This is more of a cram session for a Shioon who's still on the road there.
    he is ready to fight the elder is going to lose

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Jizzman's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

"To defend, it takes about half the energy of an incoming attack".
    I remember the SUC leader saying that when facing elder kwon. If this is indeed true, I'm sure 9-arts must've told shiwoon something as important as this in a flashback. Shiwoon knows he's facing a monster so it'll be suicide for him to attack recklessly. His goal is not to defeat the doc but to stall for time so I suspect he'll be on the defensive since it takes less energy than attacking. We might even get to see some defensive techniques like full body barrier from him for the 1st time.

EDIT:
    Four eyes mentioned the doc being one of 10th generation masters. Does that mean all the 10 grandmasters will be old and around his age or thereabouts? That'll cross out 9arts from being one of the ten. No wonder the guy is so old school in his ways, no guns of any kind and shit, hardcore murim-in.
    Also can anybody tell what the time is in the middle panel here http://www.mangahere.com/manga/the_b...es/c118/7.html

It looks like it's 20 past 12 midnight. It can't be that late already can it?
    Last edited by Jizzman; May 24, 2013 at 07:19 PM.

10. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Will the Doctor under estimate Shiwoon? Maybe. The only technique Shiwoon has shown is Seismic Step to Special Murom Forces. Problem is in order for Shiwoon to delay the good Doc, he has to step up his game. It's like this year's no. 1 NBA pick trying to beat Lebron James on a one-to-one basketball game. Can the rookie NBA player who is full promise beat the best player in the NBA who is in his prime? Not likely, but Lebron can have an off day and the guy was in the zone. All Shiwoon has to do is to just survive for 20 minutes. Shiwoon will have to use techniques and strategies that the doctor will never think of seeing from Shiwoon. Surprise the Doc and maybe Shiwoon survives.

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Slightly tangential. But does anyone think Shion needs a haircut? He had the death stare this chapter but I think a big part of it comes from how he lifted the bangs off of his forehead. It makes me think that he'd look more mature and intimidating with a short hair cut.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity kidopitz27's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by [ki{kk}o] View Post
    yeah... sure... because the doc is an amateur, right? lol
    amateur or pro or master everyone has a weak spot if what the trash talker is talking about pride or strength

i think Shioon can at least evade the doctor's high speed attack and Shioon can just think of trash talking about how slow the doctor is because his attack can't hit him but in fact the doctor is fast or Shioon saying that those needle of yours are not gonna work on me

either the doctor will go all out and forget that he is figthing the blood hound of weak spot

it will be like a knife in the chest for the doctor his medical skills and speed of doing those skill are his pride and strength how can you not be angry on that one
    Last edited by kidopitz27; May 24, 2013 at 08:01 PM.

OMG TWO VILEPLUME

100% sure that Zoro already surpassed mihawk! 10/06/10

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member GOOMOONRYONG's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alisdfd View Post
    shioon will defeat him without BOT
    i think the elder will lose no fight in 30 years hmmmm no battle experience but shiwoon have has intense fighting for the past 2 years since he entered the murim world

i luv the way shiwoon looked like GmR
    compare the way shiwoon does his hair to gmr's hair http://www.deviantart.com/moreliketh...10&view_mode=2
    shioon - http://www.mangareader.net/the-breaker-new-waves/118/15
    here shioon looks like he is about to go all super sayian on his ass
    Technically Shioon has only been in the Murim for a few months which makes his level and development even more surprising. Like I said earlier I think Shioon is going to put up a decent showing against the doctor. He might even be able to land a hit or two.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Bhoot's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Personally , I don't think that Shion will by any means try to intimidate the doctor .
    Sure , it can lead to the opponent exposing weak spots, but the guyz role is not to win , but to stall [Unless of course he takes pride in his duel and is going to fight till death] .
    As such , stalling is better done against a calm and relaxed opponent who is waiting for you to make a move .

Secondly , i think of the doc as more of a Kevin Nash character than Lebron James . A great player , just out of the game for some time.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Who is Kevin Nash? I know there is a Steve Nash and Kevin Johnson that played in NBA. If I had to say Doc is more like bill russell. Nasty temper and will want to destroy you.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

How about this:

1.) Shioon isn't exactly a rookie, he's fighting like someone whose been in the game for 6 years rather than 6 months.
    2.) Doc has probably not scuffled for 30 years, he is beyond rusty, shioon's can probably capitalize, but a grandmaster is a grandmaster.
    3.) Shioon can bring out the big guns, go all out.
    4.) Not sure if the doc can go all out: he might beat the snot out of shioon is he wants to see rebirth at his leisure someplace else/ OR he might want to keep shioon intact for purposes of study. / And he needs to wrap this up and haul ass before sunwoo arrives.
    Last edited by blaise; May 25, 2013 at 04:27 PM.

Thread Closed
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast