Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Uryu as a Stern Ritter

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Zeta42's Avatar
    Country
    Ukraine
    Post Thanks / Like

Uryu as a Stern Ritter

So... Do you think Uryu is powerful enough to become a Stern Ritter, not a Jagdarme or a regular Soldat? Which letter will he receive? What would be his special power?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DarkBankai's Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Uryu as a Stern Ritter

Uryuu- is more powerful than the sternritters.
    In my opinion, he is like an athlete, where the VR are like a bunch of steroid users. His power comes from his heart,
    the VR power come from Bach, and at any time Bach can reabsorb that power.

this is a loose loose for the VR, and a win win for Bach.

Uryuu, has his own power, that comes from his heart, and I think this is what makes him a war potential. If bach gets uryuu to accept bach power, then he will gain uryuus power for himself, I am reminded of a sith lord on this.

IF- Uryuu did join, He would get the letter, P, for piercing pride. His power would increase his arrows and quincy powers so that they can pierce anything.
    Last edited by DarkBankai; May 17, 2013 at 08:54 AM.

Be proud, that after receiving my blade you still retain the shape of a human.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

yes juha didnt just go recruit uryuu to get under ichigos skin

he did it for the additional firepower and probably to gather up as many strong quincys as he can

i imagine he used uryuu's bad blood with the shinigami's and resentment of the extermination of the quincy people to influence him

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Masaki was strong enough to be able to take on Aizen, and Ryuuken is implied to be also very strong. In the past Uryuu's powers were still immature but two years have passed since then.
    This might come in handy. Maybe one in more analysis to come:

The Thousand Year Blood War buildup and recap:
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...=1#post3091160

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eefrit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Torran View Post
    Masaki was strong enough to be able to take on Aizen.
    When was that shown or stated?

Uryu is more important than a Sternritter, imo. Look at his badge on his new Vandereich outfit, it is quite different than the normal Sternritter badge. Plus, I think Yhwach was referring to him when he mention "Prinz von Lictch". Given that Yhwach is the King of Quincys, him deeming Uryu a prince is quite telling.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Exodi's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Masaki was strong enough to be able to take on Aizen, and Ryuuken is implied to be also very strong. In the past Uryuu's powers were still immature but two years have passed since then.
    Is there a chapter I missed or something?

Anyway, I agree with eefrit. Uryuu is here on a level seperate from the Sternritter.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Exodi View Post
    Is there a chapter I missed or something?

Anyway, I agree with eefrit. Uryuu is here on a level seperate from the Sternritter.
    Didn't you read the chapter? Blowing the head off from a Hollow that Isshin had trouble cutting, and her Blutz is naturally strong too, combined with her clearly shown Quincy mastery?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Didn't you read the chapter? Blowing the head off from a Hollow that Isshin had trouble cutting, and her Blutz is naturally strong too, combined with her clearly shown Quincy mastery?
    Isshin would've probably beaten 'White'. But her being strong doesn't mean that she was strong enough to take on Aizen. That's merely your own theory.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Azuma View Post
    Isshin would've probably beaten 'White'. But her being strong doesn't mean that she was strong enough to take on Aizen. That's merely your own theory.
    Isshin wouldn't have been able to beat it without giving his all, and he's at around Aizen's level. Combine Masaki's tiny bow doing that much damage, her mastery of Quincy abilities and Blutz, it's something Aizen would have a hard time fighting directly.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eefrit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Isshin wouldn't have been able to beat it without giving his all, and he's at around Aizen's level. Combine Masaki's tiny bow doing that much damage, her mastery of Quincy abilities and Blutz, it's something Aizen would have a hard time fighting directly.

We don't even know how the fight would have turned out had Aizen not attacked Isshin after he activated his Shikai. Isshin was basically handicapped before he even started to really fight. I also never bought that Isshin was as strong as Aizen, from my understanding the only reason he was getting winded during their bout at FKT was because his body was being changed by the Hogyoku.

Masaki's bow did that much damage because it was a close range shot to the things mask/head. Saying that Masaki is near Aizen's strength or would give him hard time would imply that, even without proper Quincy training, she would be stronger than most of the Captains in Soul Society. We don't know how strong Masaki was as a Quincy.

Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by eefrit View Post
    We don't even know how the fight would have turned out had Aizen not attacked Isshin after he activated his Shikai. Isshin was basically handicapped before he even started to really fight. I also never bought that Isshin was as strong as Aizen, from my understanding the only reason he was getting winded during their bout at FKT was because his body was being changed by the Hogyoku.

Masaki's bow did that much damage because it was a close range shot to the things mask/head. Saying that Masaki is near Aizen's strength or would give him hard time would imply that, even without proper Quincy training, she would be stronger than most of the Captains in Soul Society. We don't know how strong Masaki was as a Quincy.
    Isshin is actually above Aizen. All he'd need to do is use FGT and Aizen wouldn't stand a chance. I don't think that base Isshin is below base Aizen either. The way I see it, if Isshin is capable of using something as ridiculously strong as FGT, then Engetsu as a whole must be really strong. It has the potential to surpass each and anyone in SS after all. It isn't unthinkable that Isshin is extremely powerful, even if he were portrayed as just another Captain.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

In that case I should edit my post to say she can TAKE on Aizen, using what was shown in the manga. Nothing actually suggests she is "strong" in that sense of the word, but her Quincy skills are very high and even Aizen would have some trouble dealing with her Blutz if it's anywhere as strong as Ichigo's or the average SR.

---------- Post added at 04:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Azuma View Post
    Isshin is actually above Aizen. All he'd need to do is use FGT and Aizen wouldn't stand a chance. I don't think that base Isshin is below base Aizen either. The way I see it, if Isshin is capable of using something as ridiculously strong as FGT, then Engetsu as a whole must be really strong. It has the potential to surpass each and anyone in SS after all. It isn't unthinkable that Isshin is extremely powerful, even if he were portrayed as just another Captain.
    Isshin is a noble so he's naturally gifted, and should be at least at Byakuya's level, but considering he finger-flicked Aizen through buildings and fought equally, it's not hard to believe that he's... about as strong as Aizen.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

What in the manga suggests masaki was that strong? I mean, she did take on that hollow but in the end the whole thing was reduced to luck. White was not even a proper captain level foe and her reaction to it was "I can't keep up with it". Had the hollow actually aim to kill and not to infect here things would have been dramatically different. Overall I would think masaki as we saw her stood on the fodder end of the scale so to speak. She could have grown into an actual captain class fighter but we never saw anything even resembling that. Even then, masaki getting to a point where she could even be a match for aizen would be strange considering aizen was the sort to give captain level fighters the fodder treatment.

Ishin did somehow fight evenly with aizen although the circumstances of him growing strong to that point are not yet explained. It didn't seem like he was that strong a fighter during the flashback. Certainly captain class but able to fight on par with aizen? Something is way off here....

As for uryu being strong enough to be a stern rittern.... Definitely not, at least not as he was the last time we saw him fight. If he was a captain level fighter I don't think things would have turned out the way they did in regards to him. He is certainly going to grow stronger very fast though. Now that he joined vandenreich he is certainly going to learn blutz which is going to significantly, if not dramatically, increase his offense and defense and he is going to acquire volstandig which would certainly allow him to fight at least close to what captains can do even if his base abilities remain what we have seen so far.

Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Clearly, Isshin didn't go all-out against White, not even close. Also, the fact that Aizen went as far as to go to their location to stop Isshin from using his Bankai should give an indication of how strong Isshin is.

There's also the likely possibility that Isshin had a limiter on him. I think that the user can activate the limiter by himself, just like it can be deactivated by the user. Otherwise it's too big of a hassle.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

When I said "giving his all" I included Bankai. In the fight he had some trouble keeping up with White, at least with his Shikai, even after fueling it with his own blood. White wasn't some random Hollow, it would have given anyone some trouble. Isshin was strong enough to fight Aizen on equal grounds, and yet he had trouble fighting White. Yes, he was wounded by Aizen, but some characters have fought with half of their bones broken before, so it says something about White's strength. And yet, Masaki blew up its head with a tiny bow and no need of supercharging it with her own blood. Now take into account the power of Blutz, and the high skill level some Quincy have shown, Ishida should be able to achieve a very high level if once he has matured his powers he's anything like Masaki or his father.

New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast