Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Uryu as a Stern Ritter

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Uryu as a Stern Ritter

Quote Originally Posted by Shader View Post
    Uryu gonna be special it is for sure, and the reason for is case he lost his powers once, if all quincy abilitys come from Bachs blood, then I gues Uryu got purified when he used Letz Still. Ryuuken probably now gave part of his own power to Uryu, or awakened his own. That's why I gues hi is gonna be special, at one point Bach will try to suck Ishida's powers in, and will fail. As for letter, its probably gonna be "P" for Pride.
    Thats an interesting thought. It would even be similar to the original ichigo-rukia deal.... rukia gave ichigo shinigami powers and while byakuya eventually destroyed those powers they did help ichigo awaken his own shinigami powers.

As for the pride thing.... I would find that a bit weird. Pride was something which the quincies remaining as humans had going on. Mayuri even noted how quincy used to say their pride oath as he tortured and studied them. I have my doubts about that accounting for a power. It wouldn't necessarily be a bad theme though, I just find it a tad strange. I guess I would find any theme or ability weird though, uryu has never actually displayed anything resembling a special ability (but he definitely needs one if he intends on being relevant considering that right now there are somewhere around 30 quincy who can do everything ishida can and more).

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member NoOneInParticular's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

It's possible that Bach would actually have to give him a special power and then assign him the appropriate letter. It's been hinted by one of thr Stern Ritter that his power was "bestowed" upon him, which kind of makes sense since the few other Quincy we've seen haven't been shown to possess any such abilities. Plus, since Bach is able to take other Quincys' powers and make them his own, it leaves open the possibility that the reverse is true and he can give powers out as well. So Uryu may be packing some amazing new ability when the time comes.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Bach actually giving powers to quincy would make sense depending on the approach the author takes. I find the idea of pure blood quincies strange overall. If bach was the first quincy then how can there be anything but mix blood quincies? Unless he was simply the one who organized them as such and there actually were others with powers similar to his in the past.... Anyways if juhabach is the origin of quincies then it would make sense he would have the purest blood so to speak which would mean his quincy powers are the strongest. Blood seems to be relatively important for quincy. Blutz, the whole pure vs mix blood... Perhaps juhabach can give powers by giving some of his blood to his descendants. His blood is so strong it can effectively bestow or awake powers within others.

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eefrit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I replied to the Yhwach=Souken's killer thread and I had speculated that their may be more to the Quincy than what Yhwach is letting on. Ryuken still calls himself the Last Quincy when he knew Yhwach was still alive and he would be coming back soon with followers. I have the thought that the Ishida family are the true Royal Family and Yhwach is just the self-proclaimed King or he was a former King who fell from grace and the Ishida are the heirs.
    Last edited by eefrit; May 20, 2013 at 08:06 PM.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Juhabach as the creator of the quincy would make sense as their leader, king and god though. I don't think he necessarily usurped anything in that regard. As for ryuken being the last quincy, I think it is an issue of context. Certainly he comes from juhabach however it does seem like there was a significant period of time during which the quincy from ishida's family and juhabach and his vandenreich were not in contact. Not only juhabach is a part of quincy folklore but also it does seem like the quincy from 200 years ago did not have an active connection with vandenreich, they seemed independent so to speak. At least so far we have no reason to believe vandenreich or juhabach were directly involved in the conflict... So ryuken would be the last quincy from his particular quincy branch, not from the quincy as a whole.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eefrit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Crap, I somehow totally forgot that recent bit of of information. But I still think it's a bit strange that Ryuken would say that he is the last Quincy when he knows it's a false claim, even with the context. I guess we could say he was lying to Ishida to keep him away from the truth.

However I will keep my theory that the Ishida are the heirs of some Quincy Royalty. The whole pure-blood thing just screams that revelation, imo. Also, I am also interested in the Quincy war from 200 years ago.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SoulAuron's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Torran View Post
    Didn't you read the chapter? Blowing the head off from a Hollow that Isshin had trouble cutting, and her Blutz is naturally strong too, combined with her clearly shown Quincy mastery?
    dafuq? didnt YOU read the chrpter? aizen weakened ishin so white was not that strong, aixen himself says "if shikai can beat it then it is a failure", white is strong, but back then he was not nearly as strong as ishin, although, after masaki shot him in the head he "completed his transformation", but that is irelevant to the fight since she shot him before that.
    so to sum it up:
    -masaki couldnt hit white, white couldnt defeat wounded ishin without bankay, there is nothing that says ishin was as strong before the flashback as he is after it.
    -masaki used a ranged weapon, its power decreasses with range, and she shot it at point blank, so her arrow was in fact at its strongest, also she was using blut.
    so yeah there is no way she is as strong as aizen.

---------- Post added at 01:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:48 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    What in the manga suggests masaki was that strong? I mean, she did take on that hollow but in the end the whole thing was reduced to luck. White was not even a proper captain level foe and her reaction to it was "I can't keep up with it". Had the hollow actually aim to kill and not to infect here things would have been dramatically different. Overall I would think masaki as we saw her stood on the fodder end of the scale so to speak. She could have grown into an actual captain class fighter but we never saw anything even resembling that. Even then, masaki getting to a point where she could even be a match for aizen would be strange considering aizen was the sort to give captain level fighters the fodder treatment.

Ishin did somehow fight evenly with aizen although the circumstances of him growing strong to that point are not yet explained. It didn't seem like he was that strong a fighter during the flashback. Certainly captain class but able to fight on par with aizen? Something is way off here....

As for uryu being strong enough to be a stern rittern.... Definitely not, at least not as he was the last time we saw him fight. If he was a captain level fighter I don't think things would have turned out the way they did in regards to him. He is certainly going to grow stronger very fast though. Now that he joined vandenreich he is certainly going to learn blutz which is going to significantly, if not dramatically, increase his offense and defense and he is going to acquire volstandig which would certainly allow him to fight at least close to what captains can do even if his base abilities remain what we have seen so far.
    i think you partly right in your statement what you say about his past is right, but its been tow years since he fought for real so we dont know his strength, on top of that remeber what quilge said about him? i think, and there are more people who agree, that uryuu is a special war potential, that he didnt know half the powers he had and now with blut and volstandig he will be insanely powerfull. remember that we have no idea how strong the sternritter are without blut, so there is no telling how strong uryuu will be with it, but uruhara said that their power increassed dramaticaly with blut.

---------- Post added at 01:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:56 PM ----------

When I said "giving his all" I included Bankai. In the fight he had some trouble keeping up with White, at least with his Shikai, even after fueling it with his own blood. White wasn't some random Hollow, it would have given anyone some trouble. Isshin was strong enough to fight Aizen on equal grounds, and yet he had trouble fighting White. Yes, he was wounded by Aizen, but some characters have fought with half of their bones broken before, so it says something about White's strength. And yet, Masaki blew up its head with a tiny bow and no need of supercharging it with her own blood. Now take into account the power of Blutz, and the high skill level some Quincy have shown, Ishida should be able to achieve a very high level if once he has matured his powers he's anything like Masaki or his father.
    to add to my other responses to you, masaki was revealed to already know blut, so that was taken into acount in her fight against white.
    Last edited by SoulAuron; May 21, 2013 at 12:04 PM.
    heres what i think is the explanation to BB having multiple DF:
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...t=#post3373390

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

http://www.mangapanda.com/bleach/486/11

This makes me think that Uryu is a plant... Like he knew what was about to go down, and is a mole for the "good" side...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Zeta42's Avatar
    Country
    Ukraine
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xnonxs3ns3x View Post
    http://www.mangapanda.com/bleach/486/11

This makes me think that Uryu is a plant... Like he knew what was about to go down, and is a mole for the "good" side...
    Well, duh. It's obvious that he knows about Vandenreich and doesn't want to fight against them... at least for now.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Roman's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta42 View Post
    Now somebody tell me how Pride can be a special power.
    It's similar to how Ichigo finally understood who he is, embraced it, and now a whole lot of powerups are coming his way. Similar thing can be applied to Ishida, as pride comes with the scenario.

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Isshin wouldn't have been able to beat it without giving his all, and he's at around Aizen's level. Combine Masaki's tiny bow doing that much damage, her mastery of Quincy abilities and Blutz, it's something Aizen would have a hard time fighting directly.
    And here I thought, that assumptions and A>B>C logic was bad. Isshin on par with Aizen, Isshin having trouble with Hollow, Masaki trashing Hollow

A=B, A<C, D>C, so D>A? Why did you assume, that Aizen would have had problems with Blut if they ever fought?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Haddrell's Avatar
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

I have said it for a long time – Uryuu`s most dangerous weapon is his mind. I am not only talking about his high intelligence and his tactical skills. It is also his ability to understand highly complex and very difficult to master Quincy techniques. What makes a Quincy truly powerful is not so much raw power. It is control.

This is where Uryuu`s potential is coming from. Uryuu is a mixed blood Quincy who was not born with the “Blut” ability and was not trained to achieve it. As soon as Uryuu achieves “Blut” he also achieves a tremendous power boost. I can imagine that a Quincy like Uryuu would already learn a LOT just from observing what other Quincies can do and copy it. Uryuu is a fast learner and I am sure he could learn some very powerful but also very complicated techniques quickly.

This is why Uryuu is so valuable to Bach. Bach can give and take power. He can`t give and take the ability to control that power.

I have been thinking about the “Prince of Light” title a bit more. I remembered that Tite Kubo gave one of his chapters the title “King of Freischuetz”. It is the chapter in which Uryuu revealed to Orihime how skilled he is when it comes to using his bow and arrows in a fight. It is linked to “Schuetzenkoenig” (literally king of shooting) meaning champion shot.

“Prince of Light” could be a combination of pointing out his skills when it comes to shooting in the sense of aiming but also when it comes to the use of his powers, the arrows he is firing. As I said, it could build on “Licht Regen”. It could point to Uryuu`s accuracy and his power.

Nevertheless, I think we should keep in mind that Uryuu is a mixed blood Quincy. Bach would always see him as inferior to a full blooded Quincy, no matter what he can do. Uryuu is a “subject”, in other words someone to be used.
    A bond that transcends their feelings and lies; the willingness to put aside differences for the other's safety; an undying respect and caring for each other. Black and White; Yin and Yang; Shinigami and Quincy.
    Kurosaki Ichigo and Ishida Uryu

By Saiyan5ninetail

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Quantized's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Haddrell View Post
    I have said it for a long time – Uryuu`s most dangerous weapon is his mind. I am not only talking about his high intelligence and his tactical skills. It is also his ability to understand highly complex and very difficult to master Quincy techniques. What makes a Quincy truly powerful is not so much raw power. It is control.

This is where Uryuu`s potential is coming from. Uryuu is a mixed blood Quincy who was not born with the “Blut” ability and was not trained to achieve it. As soon as Uryuu achieves “Blut” he also achieves a tremendous power boost. I can imagine that a Quincy like Uryuu would already learn a LOT just from observing what other Quincies can do and copy it. Uryuu is a fast learner and I am sure he could learn some very powerful but also very complicated techniques quickly.

This is why Uryuu is so valuable to Bach. Bach can give and take power. He can`t give and take the ability to control that power.

I have been thinking about the “Prince of Light” title a bit more. I remembered that Tite Kubo gave one of his chapters the title “King of Freischuetz”. It is the chapter in which Uryuu revealed to Orihime how skilled he is when it comes to using his bow and arrows in a fight. It is linked to “Schuetzenkoenig” (literally king of shooting) meaning champion shot.

“Prince of Light” could be a combination of pointing out his skills when it comes to shooting in the sense of aiming but also when it comes to the use of his powers, the arrows he is firing. As I said, it could build on “Licht Regen”. It could point to Uryuu`s accuracy and his power.

Nevertheless, I think we should keep in mind that Uryuu is a mixed blood Quincy. Bach would always see him as inferior to a full blooded Quincy, no matter what he can do. Uryuu is a “subject”, in other words someone to be used.
    Arren't all Quincies though? Considering Bach must have been with non-Quincy women in order to create the Quincy bloodlines.
    So in Bach's perspective, all "pureblood" Quincy are to him just as much halfblood, than halfblood are to the pureblood Quincy bloodlines families.

So putting it into perspective, if Uryuu is showing to be the most powerful of them all, would Bach care less for him just because he's 75% or more of that which the other Quincies are when all Quinces to him arrn't pure?

Just reflecting on it here, he might actually value Uryuu even higher than the other so called pureblood Quincies, even if he only see him as a more valueable tool, but as such, then all the other Quincies must be tools to him as well.

Bach only seemed to care about his people for a 1.000 years ago (When he fought Yama-Jii it was evidently shown), he seems to care little about his current fellow Quincies.

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Quantized
    You are a bit wrong. It was stated that Ryuken and his mother and father were pure-blooded Quincies, while their maid (Uryu's future mother) was Gemishct (mixed-blooded). The same applies to Uryu. Since his mother was Gemishct, then he is too. Well, the same applies to Ichigo. Even though his mother was a pure-blood, but his father was Shinigami, hence he is Gemischt as well.

And why do you think all Quincies are impure, if the manga states otherwise? Juha Bach might have artificially created Quincies. At least the first ones. They started the lineage and then lived as a big clan, breeding new generations.
    Some of them mixed with normal humans, thus creating the likes of Uryu's mother. Until it is propperly explained in the manga, it seems to be like this. Otherwise there can't still be pure Quincies.

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DarkBankai's Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

I think his point was that--

Bach = 100 % quincy.

Bach + non quincy harem of say 100 women. = 50% quincy. the so called pure bloods.

When a pure blood + pure blood get together- they are still only at best 50% quincy.

when a pure blood + human get together the percentage drops to 25%. or less.

so when a pureblood and a half blood (which is really 1/4 blood) get together you are looking at 30%ish.
    vs closer to 45-50% you would have had,(allowing for genetic variations) if the line had remained "pure."

and the whole point is, that unless bach, cloned 100% pure quincy, without introducing another source of DNA- human,, then the above argument is actually correct, and the term pure, is actually referring to 45-50% pure.

--
    I mean it stands to reason that bach, raped or coerced x amount of women into having quincy boys/girls, who then went out and either bred with 1/2 brothers and sisters to keep the lines pure,

or introduced regular human/quincy offspring and diluted the line somewhat with each infusion of non quincy.

Be proud, that after receiving my blade you still retain the shape of a human.

New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast